RobbIt

Which unit got let loose by usps?

I have a hunch the Vongs will be the last to ship. Two youtube vape reviewers so far have briefly mentioned how the wooden sleeve was stuck in place due to local humidity expanding the wood. Disappoints me that the reviewers didnt discuss this possible issue more. Would be nice to know if they were fixing this.

I don't want to cause mass hysteria about it. My feeling is that this delay in shipment has something to do with a recalibrating of one of the units. I've seen a few people getting there M's and Omni, not many Vong's that ive noticed. Which makes me wonder if they are making an adjustment before the world gets them.
I think they shipped me the M and Omni, both of which I ordered on the 21st. For some reason, not all of my purchases are visible in my account (CS said something about they don’t show until shipped!??), but I ordered the Vong separately on the 25th.
I wonder if any retailers have received the Vong ?

I think you’re spot on re Vong fine tuning/QC. It also explains why Dynavap has been essentially silent on why they missed their pre order shipping deadlines. No company likes to admit that a specifically announced product isn’t quite ready for launch, but I’m glad they are taking the extra time to get it right the first time.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
but I’m glad they are taking the extra time to get it right the first time.

If it is a proper QC issue I'm not so sure they're gonna fix this one in 9 days. Last year I made the mistake of preordering a 2020m. Obviously delayed (no hard feelings about that tbh, just wanted to snag the deal), but what I got sent was essentially useless as the tip hadn't been machined properly. It took 3+ months for them to send me a functioning tip (also, despite the usual "they will make it up to you" mantra people rehearse when there are complaints about dynavap, they sent me just the tip, no cap, nothing else, not even a sticker or something, despite me having to wait for months until I had a functioning product). It genuinely seems more likely to me that they are trying to meet their wholesale commitments first, and that that is causing delays. There may also be QC issues, but I think in that case they would say that delay only concerns certain devices (ie vong), and then they would likely give themselves a more generous deadline than 9 days. Although I do love the idea of George is sitting in a sauna for the next 9 days with a box full of vongs, regularly turning the wood sleeve to see what happens.

/// edit

Turns out there's a few people on reddit from the UK who received their vongs (from UK shops). So seems like George is not in the sauna.

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

If it is a proper QC issue I'm not so sure they're gonna fix this one in 9 days. Last year I made the mistake of preordering a 2020m. Obviously delayed (no hard feelings about that tbh, just wanted to snag the deal), but what I got sent was essentially useless as the tip hadn't been machined properly. It took 3+ months for them to send me a functioning tip (also, despite the usual "they will make it up to you" mantra people rehearse when there are complaints about dynavap, they sent me just the tip, no cap, nothing else, not even a sticker or something, despite me having to wait for months until I had a functioning product). It genuinely seems more likely to me that they are trying to meet their wholesale commitments first, and that that is causing delays. There may also be QC issues, but I think in that case they would say that delay only concerns certain devices (ie vong), and then they would likely give themselves a more generous deadline than 9 days. Although I do love the idea of George is sitting in a sauna for the next 9 days with a box full of vongs, regularly turning the wood sleeve to see what happens.
It's possible they have been workin on it for a couple weeks prior as well not just the next 9 days. If this is the reason for delay i would think it would be a quickish fix like shaving 1mm off the wood bodies before assembly. Again i do not know if this is true, just my observation.

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: RobbIt

RobbIt

/// edit

Turns out there's a few people on reddit from the UK who received their vongs (from UK shops). So seems like George is not in the sauna.
🤣 poor George...

It's possible they have been workin on it for a couple weeks prior as well not just the next 9 days. If this is the reason for delay i would think it would be a quickish fix like shaving 1mm off the wood bodies before assembly. Again i do not know if this is true, just my observation.
You could be right. It could be any of these reasons. Fun for us geeks to speculate though !

Majordude2626

Oh, DynaVap, you are a magic unicorn. I have had some issues with them and shipping and CS. Nothing major just annoying. Today though I just want to give them a big shoutout. They are so much like an old school one hitter. The omni, is virtually indestructible, but lately I’ve been using by 2 bb9s and my brand new blue bb6. The bb6 came with a newer stainless steel tip. This is the first SS tip I have used since the original M in 2017. What an improvement! I mostly use 7 fin Ti tips and I have a couple of the recent 5 fins. Anyways I took one of my Ti tips and put on bb6 then, took the new SS tip and put it on a much beloved but rarely used Phat piggy Square. It is perfect! Puffs like a fine stogie. The heat retention allows for a several puffs over one heat click, although flavor is a bit muted imho. Anyway hoping for much success to George and Crew.

Attachments

• IMG_1347.jpg
    IMG_1347.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 33

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I hope they get the vong wood issue worked out. Since the wood reportedly swells in humidity, that tells me they havent used a good enough sealing finish in the inside, outside, ends etc and giving time to cure. The usual oil/beeswax wont be good enough in this regard. I have a fondness for the new vong as I came up with a very similar idea a year ago, but didnt have the tooling/skill to pull it off. Im glad the DV came up with it, tho I would have recommended threaded mp and front end, as well as sealed wood and wood replacements/options.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Sneaky Pete has Vongs up on his site for purchase as of this afternoon. Not sure what it means, just an observation.

The Stray Fox,

RobbIt

Sneaky Pete has Vongs up on his site for purchase as of this afternoon. Not sure what it means, just an observation.
I was able to put all three 2021s in my Sneaky cart. They are all discounted 3 cents below list lol. But he’s certainly a trusted source.

RobbIt,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I received my omni today
but I’m a bit disappointed cuz I did not receive a free M
i got a lighter and a glass stem
it was through a 3rd party’s but last time I received free M with my 2020m pre order
and I paid full price no discount
maybe I should of gone with Dynavap in retrospect and waited longer

its all good though

time to inspect this new omni!

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Aye a snagged a good deal from them
I received my omni today
but I’m a bit disappointed cuz I did not receive a free M
i got a lighter and a glass stem
it was through a 3rd party’s but last time I received free M with my 2020m pre order
and I paid full price no discount
maybe I should of gone with Dynavap in retrospect and waited longer

its all good though

time to inspect this new omni!
Let us know how she performs👍

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Let us know how she performs👍

So far it feels really nice, I like it better than last omni version.

I don’t feel much “vortex” action from the condenser as others have already guessed.
All the pieces seem to fit together a bit smoother than previous Models. They almost “click” in now.

haven’t tried the condenser on my old model yet, still need to try that.

captive cap is lame, always rattles, don’t really like so far.

the new ti tip seems pretty cool, so far works well.

the packaging is king of corny. The oversized vapcap shaped tube. I feel they should just go with a simple cardboard tube.

this omni is really nice tho, how it feels in my hand is very important to how much I lIke a stem. And this piece feels real good.
I have the two previous versions of the omni, but not the original that came with the extra glass body.

Jozin88

You hear that boys? Something wooshing and blowing about?

Some kind of vortex is heading our way...and I can't wait to meet it.

Jozin88,
Top Bottom