Mowjo

What I don't like about the new Omni is that you can't close the airport completely again.... I am very lucky that my very old Omni somehow manages to do this. I don't understand why I can't have the option with the new ones but it is a feature only with Vongs. Why should I search for the damn hole all the time?
While it ruins the looks A LOT i've seen a few people put a fat mouthpiece over the whole or even some silicone tubing. I don't like how it looks so I just put the digger inline with the hole.

Mowjo,

RobbIt

With the rotating airport, that shouldn't be an issue...just a pipe cleaner and some ISO or Everclear. I have a bunch of custom stems that don't come apart like a classic DV...not an issue whatsoever.
I just bought my first Vong, the 2021 model.

I thought it was all titanium except the cap!?

Also didn't realize that it couldn't be fully disassembled so that all parts (except wood and o- rings) could take a nice relaxing ISO bath.

YET THERE SEEMS TO BE DIFFERING OPINIONS ON BOTH OF THESE ISSUES!?

GEORGE/JOSH, PLEASE WEIGH IN!!!

RobbIt,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Has the adjust-a-bowl feature changed in the new tips? I noticed that the new Omni page mentions "our two position Adjust-a-Bowl feature". My (late 2017) Omni has grooves for 3 different bowl sizes (roughly 100%, 75% and 50%). Granted this is achieved through 2 extra grooves, offering the 2 extra positions, so maybe they mean the same thing? I use my Omni at the smallest bowl size always, now, and it's a feature I like, as it helps me to keep my tolerance nice and low.

@mrb I must be the exception to the rule - I use the 75% setting exclusively in my Ti tips!

Another exception to the rule here.

snackmaster

Here’s the best detailed view of the Vong that I have seen so far. It’s from Sneaky Pete

View attachment 6606

@Alexecutioner , what a bummer!

You might want to check out what @Pipes writes about opening the Hot Shot. I think I have seen @TommyDee post in this quoted thread, but if I am mistaken, it may be useful to him as well.

Post in thread 'VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use'
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...for-desktop-and-in-car-use.23211/post-1553832

I just bought my first Vong, the 2021 model.

I thought it was all titanium except the cap!?

Also didn't realize that it couldn't be fully disassembled so that all parts (except wood and o- rings) could take a nice relaxing ISO bath.

YET THERE SEEMS TO BE DIFFERING OPINIONS ON BOTH OF THESE ISSUES!?

GEORGE/JOSH, PLEASE WEIGH IN!!!

I don't think there are differing opinions anymore? The diagram in the post I quoted is helpful. You can't disassemble the stem.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Off topic on the new models (still deciding if I should jump in--I have no real need, but it seems like they're including an 2020m so I'm tempted to return my 2020 Rosium and order an omni or vong), but can someone clarify something on the BB9? I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Two of the beads were stuck up against the little dimples that hold them in "sections" of the stem, even after an iso soak and water rinse. See the attached pictures and note that in the second image the beads in the "bottom" section are still stuck against the dimples. vertical1.jpg

vertical2.jpg

POTV was kind enough to ship me another one, but it has the exact same issue. Is this the normal behavior, or did I get a couple from a bad batch or something? I hate to keep making them ship out new ones if this is just the way it works, but it seems like they should all move freely.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Hell yeah, Friday! Father/son camping weekend with old friends. It’s supposed to be beautiful out. I was going to take the HS but it seems less durable than the PSM. Taking the Flite wasn’t even a thought. That thing is way to nice to risk to the camping gods. 8FFE5B5E-14D3-4B6B-BF11-BE468F6359FF.jpeg

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Off topic on the new models (still deciding if I should jump in--I have no real need, but it seems like they're including an 2020m so I'm tempted to return my 2020 Rosium and order an omni or vong), but can someone clarify something on the BB9? I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Two of the beads were stuck up against the little dimples that hold them in "sections" of the stem, even after an iso soak and water rinse. See the attached pictures and note that in the second image the beads in the "bottom" section are still stuck against the dimples. View attachment 6688

View attachment 6689

POTV was kind enough to ship me another one, but it has the exact same issue. Is this the normal behavior, or did I get a couple from a bad batch or something? I hate to keep making them ship out new ones if this is just the way it works, but it seems like they should all move freely.

Mentioned previously in this thread. I won’t say it’s “normal”, but indeed it’s just the way they are. I bought two of them, put them both in the tackle box. For my WP, I now use clear glass NO bead stems, with no carb.

Cannabiker

I don't like how it looks so I just put the digger inline with the hole.
Genius. I can't believe that didn't occur to me. I think the carb (sorry, George) on the Simrell is really easy to find by feel, since it's the only blemish on a smooth surface, but this will make it even easier.

gordontreeman

Mentioned previously in this thread. I won’t say it’s “normal”, but indeed it’s just the way they are. I bought two of them, put them both in the tackle box. For my WP, I now use clear glass NO bead stems, with no carb.
Thanks. I can't imagine it affects the cooling, so I guess I'll just roll with it. Dynavap's lack of QC is kind of infuriating though...I love the simplicity and effectiveness of their design, but every time I encounter something like this I have to ask myself why I'm ordering from this company.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks. I can't imagine it affects the cooling, so I guess I'll just roll with it. Dynavap's lack of QC is kind of infuriating though...I love the simplicity and effectiveness of their design, but every time I encounter something like this I have to ask myself why I'm ordering from this company.

Exactly, if going through water, those beads are not needed, and as you and many others have discovered, they stick together after a few sessions, and often get stuck after a good cleaning. I also learned that I do have enough lung power left to enjoy NO CARB, on water rig.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: RobbIt

gordontreeman

Exactly, if going through water, those beads are not needed, and as you and many others have discovered, they stick together after a few sessions, and often get stuck after a good cleaning. I also learned that I do have enough lung power left to enjoy NO CARB, on water rig.
Yeah, my intention with the BB was a glass WPA for my woodscents (though the cap fits so loose in the BBs that I'm honestly digging Ed's wooden WPA almost a bit more) and a cooler stem if I'm WFH and want a quick pick me up without powering on and heating the woodscents. It should still serve in both, as I can't imagine those balls being loose or freely moving impact the cooling was my point, its just annoying that on 2 different stems they've been stuck before being used at all.

@Skinku the beads are there in case you use it without a WPA. It cools vapor down substantially more than my vong or 2020m (or even a straight glass piece).

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Genius. I can't believe that didn't occur to me. I think the carb (sorry, George) on the Simrell is really easy to find by feel, since it's the only blemish on a smooth surface, but this will make it even easier.

SimRell airport is my favorite. Teardrop FTW!
I hated the last omni airport

whatitdew,
Reactions: RobbIt

NexVision

Off topic on the new models (still deciding if I should jump in--I have no real need, but it seems like they're including an 2020m so I'm tempted to return my 2020 Rosium and order an omni or vong), but can someone clarify something on the BB9? I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Two of the beads were stuck
U can use a pipe cleaner to knock the beads loose however they will stick again the next time they hit that configuration.

Mowjo

You're not the only one. I've had two come the same way. I was able to stick a dab tool and loosen 1 of three but the other two are stuck. The glass is so thin that I won't mess with it more. Going to test the new VonG and see if that keeps up. Otherwise maybe the DDave mod but I'd like to see a review on that.

Mowjo,
Reactions: sunyata

C-weed

Those old Ti tips come at a premium too now! Last one I saw sold was $55 or 60 with a pretty used cap. TBH I cannot beat it.
super glad to have one...i never knew that they were sooo sought after......i was under the impression all tips were this bad ass..im just glad to be fortunate to have the one that i have...can anyone tell me if the galaxy glass performs any differently than my wood body?

C-weed,
Top Bottom