invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If cooling is that much of an issue, go to a vendor of your choice, buy 5mm*0.5mm stainless steel strip, sand it down a little to make the edges smooth, feed it through your condenser, twist twist twist, take it out and cut to size, sand a little bit more to smoothen, flatten one end a bit to make it stick in the condenser, heat to glow with a torch and then iso bath to get rid of any potential residues, boom you have your own homemade intercooler for less than 10€. It'll have way more impact on vapour temp than some spiraly pattern on the outside of the condenser. Also prevents scooby snacks.

For a really simple approach, In industrial cooling they often just use a coil spring as a turbulator insert.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I haven't been adding to my VC collection lately and as a result have been dropped by DV in terms of their marketing. I no longer get early warnings or offers from them. That is a little disappointing as even if I can't afford them it is a shame I am no longer "in the club". I'm sure I could remake my account and reapply for the newsletter if I cared enough. I don't read the thread much anymore, but traipsing through it brings me mostly up to date.
I like some of the directions they have gone and I really like the look of the new vong. Some of the changes appeal to me less and it seems like they are moving away from the lego aspect of their products which is a shame but probably necessary as they develop new ideas.
The new tips look interesting, and once they are available separately I may grab one and see how well they work with older stems. I continue to USE my VCs of course, and will certainly continue to. I just no longer feel I have to own the latest versions or keep up with such a fast moving thread.
Always entertaining when I pass through tho and I'm sure it will continue to be so.

Cannabiker

So call me cynical, but I am almost certain that the omni twist condenser does not do anything substantial. It's kind of a funny thing with DVs, they make incredibly small adjustments, claim they change everything, but in actuality the biggest changes/deviations in performance are due to imprecisions and variances in the tips of individual units.
I'd prefer to call you insightful. Cynical is exploiting people's desires or weaknesses with marketing hype over design substance.

It is some brilliant marketing. George is super personable--who wouldn't want to hang out with him on that couch and rip a few loads? And even if you can't be there, you're part of it, because we're all in the Dynaverse. You're not some lonely stoner, you're part of something deep and meaningful. Sometimes it's all a little too Heaven's Gate.

Am I saying George is sinister? Of course not. He seems like a great human. But marketing is cynical by nature, and Dynavap is a marketing machine. If you need any evidence that we're targets rather than players, just go back and check out Josh's only post, chastising users for sharing leaked marketing materials. He was basically saying, stay in your place, we've got some shit to throw at you, and it's hard to hit a moving bullseye.

For what it's worth, I'm a DV fanboy, and I spread goodwill for the brand through honest, grassroots (grassbuds?) connections. But I don't like shameless marketing, and DV can cross that line.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
I'd prefer to call you insightful. Cynical is exploiting people's desires or weaknesses with marketing hype over design substance.

It is some brilliant marketing. George is super personable--who wouldn't want to hang out with him on that couch and rip a few loads? And even if you can't be there, you're part of it, because we're all in the Dynaverse. You're not some lonely stoner, you're part of something deep and meaningful. Sometimes it's all a little too Heaven's Gate.

Am I saying George is sinister? Of course not. He seems like a great human. But marketing is cynical by nature, and Dynavap is a marketing machine. If you need any evidence that we're targets rather than players, just go back and check out Josh's only post, chastising users for sharing leaked marketing materials. He was basically saying, stay in your place, we've got some shit to throw at you, and it's hard to hit a moving bullseye.

For what it's worth, I'm a DV fanboy, and I spread goodwill for the brand through honest, grassroots (grassbuds?) connections. But I don't like shameless marketing, and DV can cross that line.

Damn, I think you're pretty much spot on with that assessment. Damn.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I haven't been adding to my VC collection lately and as a result have been dropped by DV in terms of their marketing. I no longer get early warnings or offers from them. That is a little disappointing as even if I can't afford them it is a shame I am no longer "in the club". I'm sure I could remake my account and reapply for the newsletter if I cared enough. I don't read the thread much anymore, but traipsing through it brings me mostly up to date.
I like some of the directions they have gone and I really like the look of the new vong. Some of the changes appeal to me less and it seems like they are moving away from the lego aspect of their products which is a shame but probably necessary as they develop new ideas.
The new tips look interesting, and once they are available separately I may grab one and see how well they work with older stems. I continue to USE my VCs of course, and will certainly continue to. I just no longer feel I have to own the latest versions or keep up with such a fast moving thread.
Always entertaining when I pass through tho and I'm sure it will continue to be so.
@cyberguy great to see ya here. I too have not posted much lately....there was mucho pages on IH Im mostly triple torch guy. I prob wont buy a new DV stem, but will get the tips ehen they come out...ti assertsin if they still fit older stems and my custom stems. The new vong is cool tho

Steamer

@Steamer Are you definitely using a single flame “torch” lighter and not just a standard lighter? Regular lighters are lower temp and take a long time to click, and they will leave your cap a lot dirtier.

If you don’t have easy access to a torch lighter, an alcohol lamp would be a good solution for home use.

If you are using a torch and adjusting it doesn’t help, try a 2, 3 or 4 flame torch which will click faster and not get the tip as hot inside.
Well, that's what I'm struggling with I guess.
I was under the impression that most people here prefer a standard cap and single torch so I went with that from the start. First I was respecting the click but the bud wasn't nice and brown, it had definitely more to give. It gave me a good buzz but nothing more.
Now I'm going 1-2s past the click and so far I've learned that you shouldn't do that near the end of a bowl :lol: and by that time the tip gets REALLY hot which I assume to be the cause of a near combustion event. I'm always heating near the tip so I guess that's not helping either.
So based on what you say I'll probably have to get a dual or triple torch. Better heat distribution across the cap so the tip doesn't get too hot and a steady 2s past the click should get me there, right?

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
The 2021 omni condenser only has those spiral grooves on the outside, correct? That would mean if it does anything meaningful at all, it only effects air coming through the airport and does nothing to vapor going directly into the condenser from the tip. The Simrell intercooler does both because it's inside the condenser. I have neither, but the Simrell seems like the more effective option based on the info I have.

I actually think the new Omni looks pretty nice, but the condenser seems more flashy than functional to my understanding. 🤷‍♀️

Vaporware

I was under the impression that most people here prefer a standard cap and single torch so I went with that from the start. First I was respecting the click but the bud wasn't nice and brown, it had definitely more to give. It gave me a good buzz but nothing more.
Now I'm going 1-2s past the click and so far I've learned that you shouldn't do that near the end of a bowl :lol: and by that time the tip gets REALLY hot which I assume to be the cause of a near combustion event. I'm always heating near the tip so I guess that's not helping either.
So based on what you say I'll probably have to get a dual or triple torch. Better heat distribution across the cap so the tip doesn't get too hot and a steady 2s past the click should get me there, right?

It would probably work, but first I would try just heating low on the cap with the cap at like a 45 degree angle so the flame hits near the bottom and goes up toward the top a bit.

I don’t go for extreme extraction and I’ve only been using an Induction Heater for quite a while so I’m not the best one to give detailed torch comparisons right now, but a decent single flame torch should get you thorough extraction if you heat low on the cap.

The longer you’re heating it, the more heat you’re building up in the cap and tip. More heat means faster/fuller extraction. There is a point where it’s hotter than I’d like though, so you’ll have to find the balance you like.

One more thing to try:

Heat once, take a small draw if you want to but quickly cool the cap down on a magnet or something metal. After the cool down clicks the tip will still be hot, so immediately heat it again and you should be able to extract most or all of what’s in there quickly if that’s what you want. :)

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Ironically the captive cap on me 2020M has been the only cap that has popped off on it's own accord, right on the heat up click no less. Never ever happened on any of my regular caps. :ko:

My sentiments exactly. Could not have put it better. :peace:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Heat once, take a small draw if you want to but quickly cool the cap down on a magnet or something metal. After the cool down clicks the tip will still be hot, so immediately heat it again and you should be able to extract most or all of what’s in there quickly if that’s what you want. :)

One small variation I used to do with the OG in 2016 is you can do the first heatup with an empty bowl, force cool to the click, load, and heat and grab a little better flavor. I guess the 2020M doesn’t bother me much because it reminds me of the OG with better airflow. I just go with the flow and let the first heatup pull all the moisture out so by heat two it’s ready to burst!

@Han Solo you raise a good point that the new condenser design wouldn’t be particularly as effective with those who like a closed airport. Spitballing here I think the design makes sense but more for people who actually move a lot of air through their Dyna. Remember guys exterior cooling is still effective, think about an old air cooled Porsche (the best ones ever made, BTW ;) )
So if you’re a wide open airport kinda member of the galactic federation, I think it could work in a noticeable way, but for those who are gonna choke off most the flow, other designs would make more sense.

Last edited:

chris91

Hey guys,
I read that the 2021 and 2020 M perform not that well.

What is the best setup to get started with a vapcap?

The 2019 M is recommended very often. Can you guys verify that?

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Heating depends on the cycle and is where I think the difference between the tip materials most comes out for me (in that with ti, the slope doesn't feel as steep). Essentially, first cycle I heat really deep in the tip, go definitely until 2nd click. Next cycle, I go more middle ish,and try to stop heating between the two clicks. Usually gets me 3 really nice hits and full extraction.

Hey guys,

I tend to recommend it a lot, for someone new to dynavap probably the best model at the moment

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Hey guys,

2019 or 2020 M with a titanium tip, its the newer SS tips that arnt as good IMO
or a nonavong/omnivong, probably my favorite. Non hydra model.
it’s good to get a stash as well for sitting down hot vapcap on a magnet. It becomes part of the ritual.
but you don’t need one right away really.

whatitdew,
Reactions: ataxian

snaffle

New Omni looks nice to me - I've been keen to see what they release next there for years! I do hope the parts are still interchangeable with the older Omnis, I personally prefer the aesthetics of my 2017 Omni stem, and the mouthpiece, but would very much like to try out that fancy condenser with them. My concern is if the threading for the mouthpiece on the new condenser is different. Plus I'm excited for the new tip, but I'm sure that'll still fit.

That said, some rough personal circumstances forced me to get rid of almost all of my dynavap stuff, so I just have my omni now, and I have been quite enjoying having less stuff. The trouble with dynavaps is that they never break, so there are fewer excuses to get more stuff ;)

NOLOGO

I agree with @Ramahs - captive caps fixed a problem that didn't exist (for me) and created more problems.

They're loose, jingling, loud, they move up and down mid toke, almost pop off when click (my experience) and actually DO fall off - something the old school ones never do. Hate them.

I'd never purposely buy a captive cap if given the choice of an old school cap.However, they are very easily modified back to normal with needle nose pliers in 5 seconds. So, no big deal.
this is the info I'm looking for, thanks. As I said I'm new... the 2020m is my first. I had no idea other caps fit snugly without being "captive."

GoldenBud

Hey guys,

the best so far is 2020M with regular cap imho. but also 2019M is superb (never tried the 2017M tho, and colored ones hehe)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: ataxian

sirwalter

The current Omni was released in 2018 and there was an older model that @sirwalter is referring to and I agree that it would be nice to see a re-release, however unlikely.
img_7911.jpg

Exactly- Im referring to this one

Top Bottom