vandalizedbythelotus

You're saying BOGO deals and bonus items for early adopters are the same as targeting influencers with free product?
i'm saying they never gave out free stuff except for promotion purposes (influencers/reviewers). this is the same marketing strategy other companies participate in as well (perhaps not S&B), nothing wrong with that. however perhaps there's a conflict of interest for those who received free stuff from dynavap and they can't see the price gouging thing objectively. edit: accessory makers and resellers also kind fall into this category.

deals and bonus items for early adopters come with a purchase, they are not free, they are basically a discount.

Last edited:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I'm tempted to sign up for a 7-fin tip or two, the signup says no obligation to buy. I could definitely use them but I don't really intend to buy them but at least I'd have the option.

Moses Baca,

snackmaster

i'm saying they never gave out free stuff except for promotion purposes (influencers/reviewers). this is the same marketing strategy other companies participate in as well (perhaps not S&B), nothing wrong with that. however perhaps there's a conflict of interest for those who received free stuff from dynavap and they can't see the price gouging thing objectively.

deals and bonus items for early adopters come with a purchase, they are not free, they are basically a discount.
Yeah I agree with all that, but it seems like you're saying @RogueGuy can't be objective because he's an accessory maker? It's not like his business is Simrell and wouldn't exist without dynavap. He was just saying he got "free" product via the deals/promos. Or at least that's how I took it.

Anyway, the price is higher than I'm willing to pay, but calling it gouging feels a bit dramatic. Plenty of folks will pay the ~$80 and, as you said earlier, maybe these orders will get bonus items to sweeten the deal?

vandalizedbythelotus

Yeah I agree with all that, but it seems like you're saying @RogueGuy can't be objective because he's an accessory maker? It's not like his business is Simrell and wouldn't exist without dynavap. He was just saying he got "free" product via the deals/promos. Or at least that's how I took it.

Anyway, the price is higher than I'm willing to pay, but calling it gouging feels a bit dramatic. Plenty of folks will pay the ~$80 and, as you said earlier, maybe these orders will get bonus items to sweeten the deal?
tbh it's not easy to be objective in this situation for any of us simply because of how much we love our dynavaps, basically impossible for anyone who ever received a color M for free i imagine. and yeah obvs accessory makers wouldn't exist without dynavap.

the drama stems from asking for the 7 fin for a long time only to be taken for a ride in this fashion (~140 really with shipping and customs for us peasants in the EU for "just the tip"), after already paying for the yearly subscription model M, during the pandemic while dynavap is presumably killing it lately with record sales and "click moments" promos... the 7777 pricing looks bad and really disconnected from over here...

thunderstealer1337

the drama stems from asking for the 7 fin for a long time only to be taken for a ride in this fashion (~140 really with shipping and customs for us peasants in the EU for "just the tip"), after already paying for the yearly subscription model M, during the pandemic while dynavap is presumably killing it lately with record sales and "click moments" promos... the 7777 pricing looks bad and really disconnected from over here...
sorry fc, i used the term "gouge" but imo how is this not? From $19 to 40 to 77.77

I submitted a request for one 7 fin. I just started to use vapcap with help from @LabPong. I really know not alot but I do have VAS so this is cheap compared to most of my vastness. I think the vapcap is fucking amazing I have 2019 2020M and omni and IH.They all work fucking amazing. My new Tetra p80 is hardly used. So 77 dollars is a cheap fix and more vapcap fun and learning.

StringTheorista

I’m not an influencer. Or a reviewer. Just a user of dynavaps. I have, to date, received a karmavap with an order, and a laser etched 19M phantom stem with a different order. As well as various pieces of swag, including a ball cap, keychain, and flashlight. Other vape vendors have put candy in a package. I call BS on the “they’re only giving free stuff to influencers” line of argument. They gave special slim stashes to people who placed orders on a particular day (don’t remember the details). They are more generous than most other businesses. Anyone ever gotten a free fully functional vape in their order from another company?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
With a handle like yours, and an avatar like yours, I’d be sending you free stuff, too!

BTW, thanks for the hat. Great swag!
happy will smith GIF

snackmaster

tbh it's not easy to be objective in this situation for any of us simply because of how much we love our dynavaps, basically impossible for anyone who ever received a color M for free i imagine. and yeah obvs accessory makers wouldn't exist without dynavap.

I can understand your frustration, especially if you're in the EU. Sucks when an actual price is that far out of line with expectations. I wouldn't presume dynavap is having record sales, though. Seems plausible they've fallen short of 2020 projections like many companies this year, right?
sorry fc, i used the term "gouge" but imo how is this not? From $19 to 40 to 77.77
I think you gotta drop $19 as an outlier. I don't know the specifics of that deal but the first run of LE 7s were $45. And IMO it's hard to judge prices without a lot of contextual info. How disruptive is this to their regular production schedule? Are they missing out on contract work they might be doing on the side? Opportunity cost and all that. Is this helping offset the cost of other machinery they've purchased? Who knows?
I’m not an influencer. Or a reviewer. Just a user of dynavaps. I have, to date, received a karmavap with an order, and a laser etched 19M phantom stem with a different order. As well as various pieces of swag, including a ball cap, keychain, and flashlight. Other vape vendors have put candy in a package. I call BS on the “they’re only giving free stuff to influencers” line of argument. They gave special slim stashes to people who placed orders on a particular day (don’t remember the details). They are more generous than most other businesses. Anyone ever gotten a free fully functional vape in their order from another company?
Dynavap does great promotional sales with extras to make its customers feel like they're getting free stuff, but you're still paying for it. It's an awesome, customer-friendly way to promote their brand. I'm almost certain all dynavap's sales are profitable, but some have better margins than others.

someTooL

Hello all. Finally got my XL condenser/MP and and XL slim stash. Nothing free (other than 20% and shipping) this year. Last year I ordered the same thing, they sent me a XL Omni condenser/MP instead.

PIU came through with some candy and one of the last (I assume) Omni Vongs. Really enjoying this little thing for sure.

someTooL,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Thank you @StringTheorista.

@vandalizedbythelotus @snackmaster the vast majority of free stuff went out to everyday users who happened to buy at the right time. I have gotten 2 karma Vaps and a C vap. I got these when I ordered the new M. There was no 2 for one deal and there was no announcement that free Ms were sent. These free devices were available to everyone.

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
well, I’ll add my .002$ to the fray…

I have used the term “gouge” many times during this pandemic. I think this is where that term is most apropo.

I am an access maker…I neither influence (want to know how little product I sell!) , nor do I lack objectivity. I have written a couple of real duzzies to DV expressing my displeasure.

DV isn’t perfect, but I can attest that George has been quite supportive and generous to me, with him getting little in the way of monetary return.

Regarding someone fabbing the 7fin and selling it for cheap…against that being done without George’s permission. When I was ready to start my journey as a maker of DV stuff, I wrote George and asked his permission. Honorable thing to do...but risky, what if he had said no? I was surprised how affirming he was.

have a good week all

SaturnIII

I am a total nobody. I’ve purchased 9 vapcaps (18M, 19Mx3, 20Mx2, Hydravong XLS, Nonavong XLS, an all Titanium non-Omni, galaxy glass, BB9, 2stashes and a slim stash. Enough parts and accessories to build a few more. I’m a fan. George does not know me for sure, but I know him through many many videos and the whole gang seem pretty cool to me. I have received 2 free dynavaps with orders, and I wanted to keep them truth be told, but I gave them away to friends just to turn them on to the greatness. No regrets. I can’t see George with his philosophy of how things are done, gouging anyone. I have a lot of respect for him and the way he’s done business. He seems completely genuine to me. I’ve bought everything from Ccell to 3 cloud evos all in the last 2.5 years and I have never got any of them free. I got the bills and the pissed off wife to prove it! A lot of great people on this forum, and a lot of vapes to choose from these days, we all do. Some dynavaps are not perfect in function or appearance and I’m a far from a perfect dude so I like. It’s difficult for me to find another vape company that gives me that much vape for that little cash. Dynavaps can do it all, from whispy terp hits to knocking me the hell out, when I need to be knocked out. It plays like a fine instrument, breaks down barriers, reunites friends and loved ones. After spending thousands on this hobby (I vape for chronic pain and PTSD) nothing medicates me any
better than the 2018M I started with. I realize the mmj deserves most of my admiration having literally saved my life after 50 years of suffering. Dynavaps gonna keep getting my money, and while I too get upset when a vapes less than perfect, I’m never gonna forget what that 18M did for me. I don’t use that one much because my fat numb diabetic fingers can’t find the airport anymore. That 19M is the ticket for me. I love ripping the 2020 hands free because it’s beautiful, but sadly that airport is something I can’t feel enough to locate. Sorry guys, rambling... I’ll blame dynavap for that because they work too damn good sometimes lmao! Going back to lurking with dynacoil in 3..2..1..

jamhead

Is the USPS experiencing delays? My bf package hasnt moved in 7 days? Is this normal?

I have the same issue. No updates or info given. I’ve entered an inquiry that has been ignored by the USPS as well. Both Dynavap and Arizer orders.

Neither UPS nor FedEx seem to have issues.

jamhead,

vandalizedbythelotus

Thank you @StringTheorista.

@vandalizedbythelotus @snackmaster the vast majority of free stuff went out to everyday users who happened to buy at the right time. I have gotten 2 karma Vaps and a C vap. I got these when I ordered the new M. There was no 2 for one deal and there was no announcement that free Ms were sent. These free devices were available to everyone.
i agree bonus stuff with a paid order is great, makes one take to the forums and reddit and post about how amazing this company is (i'm guilty of this myself, my IG is just dynavap pics so far) ... but in the end it's a discount, not actually free, since there's payment. they are not giving but selling.

reviewers/influencers on the other hand are sent items without placing orders, those can be considered free but obvious strings are attached...

and no offence to the genius behind dynavap, i love them amazing tools. own a bunch, gave some to friends, but a fully functioning vape by itself the dynavap is not since it requires a 3rd party heat source.

don't get me wrong the rudimentary aspect is one of the key selling points of dynavap, and one i highly value over the complexity of most other vapes. but it's not fair to compare it to a much more complex machine which also does the heavy lifting dynavap was brilliant to offload. they don't even need a service dept like other vape companies, they make everything inhouse and sell for a huge markup. this is the reason they are doing better than most in the industry and can easily afford to add a milled tube to special orders, which will generate buzz and positively influence sales.

Last edited:

StringTheorista

I don’t want to get into a back and forth over this, but saying the dynavap is not a fully functional vape because it requires a heat source, like every other butane vape does, seems a little bit nitpicky to me. Perhaps I should have said instead “a vape that is functionally identical to every other vape for sale on their site”...
And I don’t see why the fact that giving away stuff is a win-win--customer likes it, company benefits from good will and social media buzz— undermines its value. Does it have to be a win-lose to be worthy of approbation?

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
so can we change the name of this thread to '7-fin tips' for the next month or so?
and yes, i did order a couple.
i'm really hoping this is a 'cards against humanity' type promotion (if you ever did their xmas thing you know what i mean, it was amazing).
we shall see, i suppose...

hinglemccringleberry

so can we change the name of this thread to '7-fin tips' for the next month or so?
and yes, i did order a couple.
i'm really hoping this is a 'cards against humanity' type promotion (if you ever did their xmas thing you know what i mean, it was amazing).
we shall see, i suppose...
Lol, if we really wanted to keep this thread about the device itself then about 1,500 pages would have to be deleted.

vandalizedbythelotus

I don’t want to get into a back and forth over this, but saying the dynavap is not a fully functional vape because it requires a heat source, like every other butane vape does, seems a little bit nitpicky to me. Perhaps I should have said instead “a vape that is functionally identical to every other vape for sale on their site”...
And I don’t see why the fact that giving away stuff is a win-win--customer likes it, company benefits from good will and social media buzz— undermines its value. Does it have to be a win-lose to be worthy of approbation?
was making this argument to point out "the great 7fin 77.77 price gauging of 2020" is not offset by all the giving discount selling and it's up to the customers to try and keep companies from using predatory practices instead of enabling them.

nitpicky i admit and completely agree adding bonus items to orders is a win-win, very customer oriented marketing strategy i also appreciate. not trying to knock it, i'm just saying it's not free or giving if it's attached to a purchase that's all ...

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
i love dynavap and i don't want to say anything bad about the company, but the marketing department in my brain is doing backflips with guesses as to what's going on, but they are only guesses, so...
edit: ok so... imagine i made really nice butter knives, right? like gangster ones that everyone loved, but i wanted in on that toaster action, too. so i roll out the most badass little toaster you ever saw, with a pricetag to match, and it kinda shits the bed a little. what would be a great way to cover some of my losses? maybe making like a rare, collectible butterknife for a limited time only could soften that blow. i dunno. college made me pretty distrustful of anything involving money.

Last edited:

rvarick

Is the USPS experiencing delays? My bf package hasnt moved in 7 days? Is this normal?
Yes, I've seen (and been reading on reddit, for instance) that the USPS is still unfortunately seeing a lot of shipping issues - namely items sitting in distribution centers for multiple days in some cases. This is likely due to the holiday rush, staffing shortages, the ongoing pandemic, as well as lingering effects from steps taken by the postmaster general. The scanning isn't always trustworthy either, i.e. I've seen stuff catch up with a bunch of scans the day it's delivered. Hope your stuff starts moving again soon. I've found filing a case/claim can sometimes miraculously cause things to get unstuck, maybe just via murphy's law; but it could be that an inquiry makes them move an item back into the line from a pile it was sitting in. It feels counterproductive to bug them with more work (a case/claim), but they are a business (of sorts) and you're the customer in the end.

Top Bottom