Drug

I am tempted to try the 7 fin out, even though it seems kind of bloated on the price front, especially with shipping to EU. I think it would make a nice setup with that new Simrell ti mouthpiece/condenser, price wise and everything.

Drug,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
It’s entirely possible that the DV folks will have a contest/giveaway later, like on 4/20, 2021. Hint. Hint. :popcorn:

Flash! Ti 7-fin Tips!
On Dec 7, from 7 to 7.
7 Tip limit.
Just $77.77/Tip. —Haha, someone’s Idea of fun. :tup:

Last edited:

Vapefanatic

Ridiculous price for the 7 fin or any tip really. I predict chinese knock off ers will be taking a renewed interest in DV LOL.

Usually, that'll be a tragedy for obvious reasons. But in this case, I'm starting to think that DV may deserve it. Does not help that customer service tried to lie to me like I'm a 5 year old. Literally told me a lie that would be exposed in a day, and expected me to buy it.

I seriously believe we would be better served by a knock off er than by DV themselves. Or at least equally better at reasonable prices. Both are equally despicable in their own way imo.

Purely my very own 2 cents.

There I said it! Let the roasting begin! LOL

Vapefanatic

knockoffs already exist, if you review this thread someone posted up a pic of like hundreds of ti tips, i asked them what it was and they said fakes
Yeah but they didn't click. So it's not a successful knockoff.

My guess is that the chinese did not take it seriously back then. DV may not have an attractive enough sales figure few years back? Today, with ever increasing accessories such as the super profitable IH and ridiculous 7 fin tip prices, not to mention stems/ bodies that are known to to be ridiculously priced, things might change.

Also, the previous knock off er made a terrible mistake. They obviously don't know a thing about Dynavap and how it works. They most likely thought it'll sell as long as it looks identical. Big mistake as their launch was disastrous. Now, even if they solved the click back then, the launch was already ruined. It would have taken a herculean effort to change the perception. Therefore, they chosed to back out of it and cut their losses.

I am just imagining all this. Zero proof but hope it makes enough sense. All the chinese need is an experienced user from our midst to help them out. A better product could be developed imo.

thunderstealer1337

Yeah but they didn't click. So it's not a successful knockoff.

My guess is that the chinese did not take it seriously back then. DV may not have an attractive enough sales figure few years back? Today, with ever increasing accessories such as the super profitable IH and ridiculous 7 fin tip prices, not to mention stems/ bodies that are known to to be ridiculously priced, things might change.

Also, the previous knock off er made a terrible mistake. They obviously don't know a thing about Dynavap and how it works. They most likely thought it'll sell as long as it looks identical. Big mistake as their launch was disastrous. Now, even if they solved the click back then, the launch was already ruined. It would have taken a herculean effort to change the perception. Therefore, they chosed to back out of it and cut their losses.

I am just imagining all this. Zero proof but hope it makes enough sense. All the chinese need is an experienced user from our midst to help them out. A better product could be developed imo.
huh, the tip doesnt click buddy

thought we were talking about tips and not caps lol

Vapefanatic

He / I meant tips (with caps which don’t click), our bad

Couldn't have said it better! Thank you. But of course we're talking bout the combo. One wouldn't be useful without the other? Also wouldn't make sense to knock off one but not the other? I would go the whole nine yards simply cos we know peeps gonna buy them up lol.

Anyways don't take me too seriously. I'm extremely medicated most of the time. Going on FC is my new fave thing do do when baked :rofl: :rofl:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Whatever the nay-sayers may pout, the 4th Gen 7-fin tip is the pinnacle of Ti tips (the fins were
Almost wafers, and hard on tools; a few must have been tossed in production, negating cost effectiveness
And loss in man hours). Of course I may be blowing hot air out of my arse.

Whatever the case, I :tup: like my 4th Gen tips. YMMV

hinglemccringleberry

Accidentally combusted the other day for the first time ever. Been a DV user for almost 4 years now. It happened because the cap decided not to click for some reason, and I didn't kill the heat soon enough after realizing it... is my 4 year old cap starting to kick the bucket?

Last edited:

Majordude2626

Whatever the nay-sayers may pout, the 4th Gen 7-fin tip is the pinnacle of Ti tips (the fins were
Almost wafers, and hard on tools; a few must have been tossed in production, negating cost effectiveness
And loss in man hours). Of course I may be blowing hot air out of my arse.

Whatever the case, I :tup: like my 4th Gen tips. YMMV
Yeah same. I think George hits the top continues to innovate, but sometimes the new shit is not as good as the previous. DV has lots of examples. Some of the wood offerings in the past were the shiznit. I personally don’t find the capacitive cap better than the original. It’s important to get the pieces you like while they are available with this company.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The wood bodies didn’t take well to the repeated heating cycles, or waterboarding, (or both), so DV moved
Production to SS and Ti as a solution.

For a short while high end silver and gold pieces were marketed, but they were well above my pay grade,
Or living style.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom