TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
& I yam a fankidz. No kiddin. I luv VCIH coz :love:

I identify as a fanperson or fanpeep....

It doesn't matter

If it's short or long

Glass or wood

SS tip or TI strong

Gold might be good

Native or bong

Collect them all

Or give them away

We all have choices to make

Based on our needs

Our sanity

And our pockets

George makes one for

Many differing needs

Keep the peace

And fly off on your dynavap rockets

P.S. what the hell is up with my notifications? I log in and it tells me I have none, but there's two pages worth of new content on this thread alone since my last login. What the freckle!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:freak: Mines been doing that for weeks. I attribute it to “fake covid”.
You Think Reaction GIF by BET Plus

MerryMarauder

Just ordered a new battery for my PSM.
I can’t wait to have the IH running again.
The torch is so lame lol, naw it’s OK I guess I just loath using it.
I was thinking about getting the Orion but I’m not shelling out that kind of money
Hey where did you buy a batt for the psm?

MerryMarauder,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Those batteries must be pretty damn popular. Hobby King's version, which Pipes references in his flyer, was sold out but they sign you up for a notify when back in stock. I got the email from them yesterday morning, but by the time I read the email several hours later they were already out of stock again.

I could use one for my "multi-rotor airframe" :cool:

You know what’s funny is I just plugged it in and it seems to be charging now... well guess it doesn’t hurt to have a back up battery ready lol.

I'm Ron Burgundy?,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I wanted to report out on this adapter by PIU:

I had originally bought this as a means to connect glass to my Sai mod set-up. And I'll add that the large adapter does work well for this purpose.
However, in the description you learn that you are actually getting two adapter pieces. A large and a small adapter, although at first glance all you see is the larger piece for fitting 18mm glass.

It's the small one that has proven to work so well for my vc's. Stems of all variations fit the tiny adapter which effortlessly pairs them to my 14mm dab rigs or a J-hook (will fit to 10mm also). The silicone forms a snug seal around vc stems and it's just enough to keep it from falling off while still making it easy to pop it on and off. The two adapters can work together to connect your vapcaps to 18mm glass if you wish.

The little bastard also allows me to easily connect my terp pen to 14mm glass for some massive rips without the dry coughing.

For 12 bucks, highly recommended.

Majordude2626

You know what’s funny is I just plugged it in and it seems to be charging now... well guess it doesn’t hurt to have a back up battery ready lol.
Dude it might just be the charger cord. I pmd pipes and he sent me the amazon link for a replacement. My PSM is almost 3 try’s old. If you bend the cord the right way it will charge. I got a spare batt, and a spare charger now.

Riik

I am loving my FrankenVap
View attachment 2479
It scratches a few itches.
Medical issues were making my hand cramp when heating/turning, the spinning mouthpiece works surprisingly well, much better.
The XL condenser was a tight fit with the 2020M tip so I got around to using a 2017 which was bundled with the IH, I can see why he sold it, the draw was terrible, so I filed four grooves and it now rocks.
Finally an OmniVap seems the likely endgame so I wanted to determine my preferred length, my hands are like dinner plates so this is a much better fit.
Boxes ticked, now to enjoy.
I like the idea of filing the dents on the 2017, lets bring the old girl back to life.

Riik,
Reactions: Skinku

Lady V II

Good evening guys!
I used to have an account in here as Lady V, but l couldn't find my password so... I guess that account is over. Anyway, I would like to ask you, how can I come in touch with the guy that makes Skeletor, Jarhead and Portside mini IH. I cannot for the life of me remember his username.

Attachments

• DSCF3736 (1).jpeg
    DSCF3736 (1).jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12
I want to share one of my favorite things to do with my DV, Im sure that there are many of us that grow our own to get the best meds. Well I love to take my M and scrape the hash on the trim scissors directly into the oven! use a torch and enjoy some early rips!!!!
If you grow I feel this is a great reason to have an M.

Its harvest time so..... I had to wright this like 5 times because I'm HAF cleaning my scissors.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Lucky 7, Lady V! :tup:

In case you have been out of the loop, there are a few VCIH for us to play with lately; but yes, Pipes is the gold
Standard for reliability— besides being grandfathered in for starting the revolution of VCap induction heating.

Hip Hip Hooray, @Pipes! :sherlock:

Last edited:

turtlehotel

the SS tip weights 2x than the Ti tip, i'm sure some people can taste the difference.. but i'm not sure the difference it too noticable. i mean, yeah, it has twice the weight - but not twice as tasty. i get amazing terpy hits also from SS tip, IF IT'S CLEANED. the tip never goes beyond 210C, so it's away from its boiling temp......around 1000 for SS, around 3000 for Ti?
you can only tell the difference on the first cap after a deep cleaning. after that they both taste the same

Lady V II

Lucky 7, Lady V! :tup:

In case you have been out of the loop, there are a few VCIH for us to play with lately; but yes, Pipes is the gold
Standard for reliability— besides being grandfathered in for starting the revolution of VCap induction heating.

Hip Hip Hooray, @Pipes! :sherlock:
Thank you Stark!! I've been eyeing the Orion IH, but Pipe's IHs are on the top of my list at the moment!

tokenknifeguy

So I have the 2018 M and just recently got the 2020M with the captive cap, but it seems like with the new cap it doesn't hit as well as the old 2018M cap. Seems like the cap clicks sooner. I can put my old cap on the 2020M and it works pretty well then. I know you can heat past the click, but I'm just doing a standard click comparison of the two. Anyone else notice this? It also seems like it takes a lot longer for the final clicks (to let you know to reheat it) to click in vs the 2018, even though I usually don't get as big of a rip from it. So far in my initial 1 day use of it, doesn't seem like an upgrade over the 2018, functional wise, but the aesthetics is an upgrade.

Also how do you guys use the carb hole on the 2020? Cover it up? Leave it open? Only cover up one of the two slots? Or feather it? Guess I'm looking for the most massive hit.

tokenknifeguy,
So I have the 2018 M and just recently got the 2020M with the captive cap, but it seems like with the new cap it doesn't hit as well as the old 2018M cap. Seems like the cap clicks sooner. I can put my old cap on the 2020M and it works pretty well then. I know you can heat past the click, but I'm just doing a standard click comparison of the two. Anyone else notice this? It also seems like it takes a lot longer for the final clicks (to let you know to reheat it) to click in vs the 2018, even though I usually don't get as big of a rip from it. So far in my initial 1 day use of it, doesn't seem like an upgrade over the 2018, functional wise, but the aesthetics is an upgrade.

Also how do you guys use the carb hole on the 2020? Cover it up? Leave it open? Only cover up one of the two slots? Or feather it? Guess I'm looking for the most massive hit.
You can get massive hits from any dynavap to do so you need to keep in mind 3 things

1. fine fluffy grind
2. heat cap low and with a single torch takes 20+ seconds to click or past the click on a induction heater
3. your draw and air port management not to fast and you want a little air through the port to make turmulance in the air to make it fluffy and more dense.

I like you feel that I am getting better hits with SS 2018M and it takes longer to click then the 2020m I think because it has more metal and gives more direct heat to the herb then the newer ones and TI

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor

You're not alone. I measured the cap thickness of the '20 cap and the '18 & '19 caps. it is like 12% thinner. Less heat mass. However, recent findings suggests DV restored the original thickness. All captive caps are therefore suspect to me.

I also learned the '20 tip has a lot lower magnetic coupling in an IH.

Not hatin' on DV, just confirming the '20-M, particularly early release models, did not perform like previous releases. It still has a niche place for many. If these were indeed a limited run of thinner caps, lets hope they are pretty much purged. I will be avoiding captive caps.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud

¹ Straw pack a full bowl.

² Heat with a single flame right up near the clicker till you get the click.

³ Enjoy that turpy flavor hit.

⁴ Once you get the cool down click, heat for a second time but now you've got to heat low down on the cap, as low as possible, once I get the heat up click I go two rotations beyond it.(you want it to be HOT)

⁵ Now draw on that Dynavap with fever, toke HARD, airport wide open, I repeat, you must suck hard and the airflow must be at maximum. Draw all the way till the click if you can manage that.

It's got to be hot and fast.

tokenknifeguy

You're not alone. I measured the cap thickness of the '20 cap and the '18 & '19 caps. it is like 12% thinner. Less heat mass. However, recent findings suggests DV restored the original thickness. All captive caps are therefore suspect to me.

I also learned the '20 tip has a lot lower magnetic coupling in an IH.

Not hatin' on DV, just confirming the '20-M, particularly early release models, did not perform like previous releases. It still has a niche place for many. If these were indeed a limited run of thinner caps, lets hope they are pretty much purged. I will be avoiding captive caps.
My post was about just running it to the clicks, which would be the recommendation by the company. But lately I've been running the torch for an extra 2 or 3 seconds after the two clicks and getting much better results. However if I do that with the 18M cap, it would do the same too, so applyable to both caps. But yeah I think the thicker bit of metal on the caps would be better for performance, though would cost more from a production standpoint. I would still opt for performance over cutting costs.

tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: TommyDee

Skinku

Lovely VAS and idle browsing has unearthed some cheap 2019Ms for the UK/Europe amongst us.
20% off with code: X1431Z
£46.80 all in.
@Mr.Sifter I think you are a UK based dabbler?

vaping herbs

Lovely VAS and idle browsing has unearthed some cheap 2019Ms for the UK/Europe amongst us.
20% off with code: X1431Z
£46.80 all in.
@Mr.Sifter I think you are a UK based dabbler?
Great offer, but unfortunately no longer available...

vaping herbs,
Top Bottom