invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well friends I believe I have figured out the issue:

It's been pretty warm in Southern California recently. The person I got the M for is always trying to use it while sitting between two fans, and they want the big hits of a single jet, but need the wind-resistance of a quad jet....

So it's looking like an induction heater, or a different vaporizer are my best options presently.

Cheers to all!

GoldenBud

So it's looking like an induction heater, or a different vaporizer are my best options presently
Get him a big torch. Works perfect for me and there was a big fan and air conditioning behind me all the last 3 days (the city with the most humidity percentage in my country, bah)

But also IH will be good ahah :)

Hippie

How about a lighter with recessed flame like a Vector Pyramid ?
Or a windsheild around the flame like these that Phattpiggie made
Okay so I'm not saying I've spent a lot of time looking at torch lighters, but I've spent a lot of time looking at torch lighters.
My Hong Jing has been my first love even tho we had a little open torch surgery to replace or reconnect little bits of silicone tubing.
@invertedisdead I had the same problem with this torch and had to reposition the adjuster to get a consistent flame thru the whole tank. For less than £2 it's been money well spent. The windshield mod made it even better twice the burn time out of the tank and it's a proper windproof torch with it.
UxLc9wKm.jpg
mnH6HOcm.jpg

I've now got these to play with a little more expensive £3ish each.
kuYKNzZm.jpg

They feel better quality and the tank is bigger so it'll be good to see what they end up being like, with and without wind shield.

I've also been looking at the tabletop style like you have @Squiby, but from a different angle.
Vector sell crystal bases for these, but a custom wood has to better.
delWvpa.jpg

After my post in the VC thread about heating and flame length I had a thought that it may be worth a try at getting all VC'ers to understand how we all use our torches. Power, distance and if multi jet where the jets are in relation to the cap. We all have a common denominator, the cap.
So to explain how my torch is used here's a description using my new triple jet.

VC an inch away from the top surface of the torch, inner blue flame 8/9mm or two thirds of the diameter of the cap, single flame cap end double on the digger side, same as @nalls.
Hit and run bowl single flame between the D and Y, doubles land between the N and A. Done in 2 or 3 cycles with the second being the money shot for thick vapor.
Longer session bowl is basically the same but I move the single flame to the groove or so it licks the flat surface of the cap. Done in 6 or more I think 10 has been my max, most cycles are lite and tasty to neutral at the end.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How about a lighter with recessed flame like a Vector Pyramid ?
Or a windsheild around the flame like these that Phattpiggie made

That's funny that I was quoted by phattpiggie in the post you quoted, wow I'm having major dejavu with this vape!!

I like the shield idea, probably too involved for them though. They are looking for something as quick as smoking a bong, the two to three heatups of this cap just isn't cutting it I guess.

It could probably be summarized as "not caring enough." Truthfully I'm pretty confident I'm wasting my time with the vape-hopeless! It's the only person I ever try to "convert," I honestly don't know why I thought this vape would be any different, other than the fact that so many people claim this is the one that did it for them. Also kinda thought they might really enjoy the efficiency of the small bowl, but it seems to be more of a hindrance for them. Dammit! I almost got them a log instead, but they struggle to inhale long enough to reach the convection sweet spot either. Mighty was too harsh so the hybrid heating didn't help, like I said, vapor-hopeless.

Fool me twice!

hinglemccringleberry

I realized that I needed a 2nd 2020m cuz I couldnt wait for the cap to cool off. I am still close to 1/8th a day and more on weekends.
Ok I had to bust out the calculator and do the math on this. If you're awake for 16 hours, that's 0.2187 grams per hour. That's 1 Vapcap load every 15 minutes for 16 hours straight. By hour #2 I would be out. cold.

Last edited:

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
but the click comes after 15s, with big torch it comes after 7s max on the highest temp(but need to be more careful with the light blue catching)
i never combusted with a big torch, maybe once, i just know to never reach the strong blue light section
Aye the drawback with the single flame is the slower heat up time, but there is an advantage and that’s precision

matey

Tried searching but I couldn't becuase the search term "BB9 or BB-9" was too short... Just curious if anyone's tried the new BB-9 glass yet? I have a 2019 M and the BB9 looks pretty interesting. I find the 2019M to be too harsh so I use hot water in a bong. I wonder if the BB-9 would make it cool enough to use without the water piece?

matey,

thunderstealer1337

Ok I had to bust out the calculator and do the math on this. If you're awake for 16 hours, that's 0.2187 grams per hour. That's 1 Vapcap load every 15 minutes for 16 hours straight. By hour #2 I would be out. cold.
It's ez I go through 5 caps per session with 5 diff stems, that's .5, then elev8r at like .3, I do this like easily 3-5x a night from off work to zzzz time. Weekends it's even more, when I combusted sometimes I smoked 2 half 8ths blunt back to back.

GoldenBud

It's ez I go through 5 caps per session with 5 diff stems, that's .5, then elev8r at like .3, I do this like easily 3-5x a night from off work to zzzz time. Weekends it's even more, when I combusted sometimes I smoked 2 half 8ths blunt back to back.
hi, a question, when u attach your m on bubbler you close the airport all the time? and release at the end of the hit?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
That's funny that I was quoted by phattpiggie in the post you quoted, wow I'm having major dejavu with this vape!!

I like the shield idea, probably too involved for them though. They are looking for something as quick as smoking a bong, the two to three heatups of this cap just isn't cutting it I guess.

It could probably be summarized as "not caring enough." Truthfully I'm pretty confident I'm wasting my time with the vape-hopeless! It's the only person I ever try to "convert," I honestly don't know why I thought this vape would be any different, other than the fact that so many people claim this is the one that did it for them. Also kinda thought they might really enjoy the efficiency of the small bowl, but it seems to be more of a hindrance for them. Dammit! I almost got them a log instead, but they struggle to inhale long enough to reach the convection sweet spot either. Mighty was too harsh so the hybrid heating didn't help, like I said, vapor-hopeless.

Fool me twice!

When I got an M for my father I knew it would not go well with a torch. Although I didn't have to convert a combuster with him. He was already vaping, but using larger amounts of weed in a Pax and taking several sessions to spend one bowl but losing flavor after the first. The benefit of that vape was that it was plug and play. With his loss of dexterity a torch would be an absolute no-go. Thus I knew it had to be an M and IH combo. I waited until I had saved enough to buy him both (a 19M and a Caldron) and sent it as a package. I think he only combusted 1 or 2 times before he got the hang of it. He now loves it and hasn't used the Pax except when venturing out of the house. He started turning his friends on to it, and says it's the best gift anyone has ever gotten him. Got some brownie points on that one.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:popcorn: Ahhh. Now that I see = (the other end of it( it looks like a “coloring”:cool: quince ) :spliff:

—with the signature dip in the mouthpiece. 👈 💪

PS gotta admire the length of the center bore hole. 👉 Worked from both ends? 👈

I like the (almost) alabaster shimmer/luster of flowering quince. :cheers:

A ”hack” job, “making” my version of a longbow arrow stem haha

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I like working quince better. This rosewood smells a lot. This will take some seasoning... at least a day's worth of vaping to seal the insides. Quince has virtually no scent while cutting and none while vaping. Quince also seems harder. I was shredding wood fluff all over the place with the Rosewood. Quince is also a lot neater as it doesn't stick to everything. One of its unique properties.

Top Bottom