Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Has anyone upgraded their 2020 with a xl ti condenser + ti spinning MP? Does it make a difference from a all stock 2020M? Cooler vapor?
I usually upgrade my M’s to xl. It is much easier to spin (if you use a torch), and vapor feels a little cooler as well (Which is probably a placebo, but still feels cooler).
if you haven’t tried an xl Vapcap, i think it’s worth the $25/$30 if you have a few bucks to spare.

ChilledAsian

I usually upgrade my M’s to xl. It is much easier to spin (if you use a torch), and vapor feels a little cooler as well (Which is probably a placebo, but still feels cooler).
if you haven’t tried an xl Vapcap, i think it’s worth the $25/$30 if you have a few bucks to spare.
I don't mind upgrading will definitely look into it but DHL is taking forever...😟

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Im curious, why your cable works, i bought the one you linked and piggybacking them together 5+6.5 to 11.5ft does nothing it seems, when did you get your caldron?
Don't know what to tell you Thunder. My Caldron was purchased for 4/20 this year, has the newer power supply, and I'm using the cables I linked to. Like I said previously the cables are dangling behind my 4' stereo rack tower so maybe that's part of it ... good luck. I'm not sure it leads to a better extraction / experience ... I like to think that it does, but just being more forgiving on combustions works for me

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
It’s funny. Five years ago, when I fucked combustion, I had no interest in bag vapes. I guess they just kind of seemed goofy to me.

Then when scumbag cops stole all my 420 stuff in an illegal search of my home, hours after snapping my femur, I did a 180. I bought an Herbalizer and started appreciating bag vaping.

Several months later I bought a Volcano, and I didn’t really need anything else anymore. Once experienced with bag vapes, direct draw vapes became almost useless to me.

I still consider bag vapes the most efficient way to vape; especially the Volcano. And I’d love to explain my philosophy, but that would take a lot of words.

However, now there’s one direct draw vape I consider a peer to the Volcano: my OmniVap (and certainly every other DynaVap product).

Direct draw vapes almost always create too much work for me. I’ve been truly vaked ONCE. It was when I put a gram of weed atop my Volcano and ran it on 9. (One easy-valve bag.)

I think my inability to get baked stems mostly from the fact that I’ve been in unbearable pain (arachnoiditis) since long before I fucked combustion. When you’re always in this much pain, getting high is almost impossible.

Many of you have probably already seen this, but here’s a video I made a few years ago with my OG VapCap.

There are one or two things I might like to change about this video, but it’s still one of my favorites of the 100 videos I’ve made.

To anyone who may be curious about where I’ve been the last couple years, this video may help you understand. I just made it yesterday, and I love it; even though it’s really boring for a couple minutes (in the middle). I kept it that way because the unedited clip almost seems as if my “dance” was choreographed.

I just realized I shared the same video twice, when I meant to actually share two different videos. No one asked, but here’s the other one I meant to share. This video has nothing to do with 420, but some people may enjoy it anyway.

Edit: Now when I look at my previous post, it shows both of the videos. I don’t know what’s going on. And I haven’t used any weed today. Guess it’s just my crazy.

(Sorry for wasting 13 seconds of your life with this post.)

To keep this post on-topic, I’d like to mention that I’ve had very good results using my gas stovetop to heat my OmniVap.

Last edited:

steama

I recently began a serious dive into minimalism. Sold all but the necessary and made a tiny home in a 2018 Ford Transit. I have been living in a stealthy way about 18 months. I had to get rid of virtually everything not regularly used including most all of my vaporizers. Now I have only one vape, my omni xl + herb ripper. That's it. I think a dynavap is by far the most superior tool for doing this vanlife thing, small, easy to stash, and does the job most excellently.

Jethro

The VapCap is the only vape that seems to stand the test of time for me. My PAX, I use it very infrequently. My Solo almost never. The VaporGenie, really never. But the VapCap just works perfect, is simple, can give bong hit style rips, portable, if my induction heater fails it still works with a lighter...

natural farmer

I recently began a serious dive into minimalism. Sold all but the necessary and made a tiny home in a 2018 Ford Transit. I have been living in a stealthy way about 18 months. I had to get rid of virtually everything not regularly used including most all of my vaporizers. Now I have only one vape, my omni xl + herb ripper. That's it. I think a dynavap is by far the most superior tool for doing this vanlife thing, small, easy to stash, and does the job most excellently.

The VapCap is the only vape that seems to stand the test of time for me. My PAX, I use it very infrequently. My Solo almost never. The VaporGenie, really never. But the VapCap just works perfect, is simple, can give bong hit style rips, portable, if my induction heater fails it still works with a lighter...

To add to your last comments my dear friends, with which I wholeheartedly agree of course, I have been trying a friend's Tinymight all day long while also doing a 14 km mountain hike today.
The Tinymight might well be the best convection vaporizer I have tried so far, by far, but it still can't hold a candle to my trusty Omni. There is just something to a Vapcap's vapour profile, especially when using a mouth to lung technique, that I just can't seem to find in any other vape. 🤔
Still hoping for a Supreme test someday that might change this.

Long live Dynavap!

Sticky13

To add to your last comments my dear friends, with which I wholeheartedly agree of course, I have been trying a friend's Tinymight all day long while also doing a 14 km mountain hike today.
The Tinymight might well be the best convection vaporizer I have tried so far, by far, but it still can't hold a candle to my trusty Omni. There is just something to a Vapcap's vapour profile, especially when using a mouth to lung technique, that I just can't seem to find in any other vape. 🤔
Still hoping for a Supreme test someday that might change this.

Long live Dynavap!

Amen!

ChilledAsian

I'm using a 20M with the captive cap, I like to smoke 2-3 loads in my 20M. In between loads, I find it too hot removing the cap and loading again. I've seen some videos its easy to remove the cap using the dynamagnet, but read that it doesn't work with captive caps. Then there's also a D-capper would love to own but shipping it to me would cost almost $100. I've read that the 18M and 19M caps are easier to work within between loads. Do you guys have a technique for 20M on how to remove your captive caps in-between loads without getting burnt?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I'm using a 20M with the captive cap, I like to smoke 2-3 loads in my 20M. In between loads, I find it too hot removing the cap and loading again. I've seen some videos its easy to remove the cap using the dynamagnet, but read that it doesn't work with captive caps. Then there's also a D-capper would love to own but shipping it to me would cost almost $100. I've read that the 18M and 19M caps are easier to work within between loads. Do you guys have a technique for 20M on how to remove your captive caps in-between loads without getting burnt?

Captive caps can work with the DynaMags. You have to slowly adjust the cap, so it’s tight enough to stay on, but loose enough that the magnet can pull it off. You SQUEEZE the cap between your fingers, essentially bending it. Dynavap has a YouTube channel with video showing it. Works for me.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Wazup @ChilledAsian. Nice to see you over here on the FC thread!

I found the 2020 captive cap to be harder to tune than the regular cap. Ironically I've had the captive cap fly off my dynavap on the heat up click(which never happened with my regular caps)
You could always order a regular cap and try it out to see which you prefer. :D

Also, I just pull the cap off with my fingers real quick if it's already done it's cool down click, but I've got tough finger tips from cooking and dealing with fire on the daily. :spliff:

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Also, I just pull the cap off with my fingers real quick if it's already done it's cool down click, but I've got tough finger tips from cooking and dealing with fire on the daily. :spliff:

I need about 5 seconds past the cool down click before I can pull the cap with my fingers. Even then, if I just grab it it's too hot. Gotta do that hot potato, ew ew ah ah technique. Once the cap is off the tip it cools down instantly. Sometimes I'll use my T-shirt as an oven mitt.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I've tuned my 2 DD caps to pull with a magnet. Keeping a magnet on hand is another challenge. I really love avoiding combustion using a 'quick cap removal' or QCR technique. If you get an incling the load is combusting - stop drawing and remove the cap. If it combusted smoke will bust out but if not, just enjoy the easy draw. I'm finding this is a very functional technique if you got the cap to come off with a magnet. I use a 1/4" diameter, 1/8" thick N42 magnet.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud

ChilledAsian

Wazup @ChilledAsian. Nice to see you over here on the FC thread!

I found the 2020 captive cap to be harder to tune than the regular cap. Ironically I've had the captive cap fly off my dynavap on the heat up click(which never happened with my regular caps)
You could always order a regular cap and try it out to see which you prefer. :D

Actually I was thinking about this getting another cap, which leads me to research for my best option. Buying direct from the dynavap site (plus the shipping horror stories) or get a NOS 19M aurum or a Omni xl in my country could save me a few bucks from shipping. Although these are still a bit expensive compared to the dynavap site. I wish the shop here had more options to choose from, like xl condensers, spinning MP, hydravong.... etc.
getting another dynavap could at least give me two consecutive bowl hits..:sherlock:

I need about 5 seconds past the cool down click before I can pull the cap with my fingers. Even then, if I just grab it it's too hot. Gotta do that hot potato, ew ew ah ah technique. Once the cap is off the tip it cools down instantly. Sometimes I'll use my T-shirt as an oven mitt.
hahaha I can relate to the hot potato technique..

I use a big magnet. :brow:
I actually bought at least 5 but realized I got the wrong magnets. The dynamagnets are diametrically magnetized, I think what I have are the axially magnets. 🤦‍♂️ Now contemplating on a dynastash.

Top Bottom