notams

toke down Babylon
I go back and forth with love / hate on my low temp cap.

I have the same relationship with half bowls (either Ti or 20M).

l use DV for micro dosing as a daily driver. I'm a med user and seem to get better results if I "maintain" 24/7/365 and then concentrates seem to be more more effective.

Anyhow, point is: if you are interested in making your stash reeaallllyy stretch try a half bowl with a low temp cap. Use it exclusively for 50 plus bowls. You'll have a pleasant experience and have the benefit of being able to switch out to a full bowl and get a song playing in your head, albeit a horrible song, "... feels like the first time, feels like the very time".

I was happy as a puppy with a bone doing my routine 1/2 bowl low temp for the past day or two. Then I hit a full SS bowl and went deep on the first cycle. It hit me like a goddamn train. I was that high school kid trying to look cool taking his very first hit and just about passing out. It was awesome. I don't get that feeling very often.

Love this f'ing hunk o' metal!

thunderstealer1337

who else has a caldron? my caps are clicking under 3.386 seconds - i timed them using different ones, with ti and ss tips as well

listening to everyone that says go 1-2 secs after click, when I do that it combusts like 10% of the bowl that is touching the clicker - and for me ruins the entire bowl, imma flavor chaser

i can do the heat up and cooldown wait and heatup to hit it, but its not as intense as a single flame torch...wtf am i doing wrong, and here i thought IH was gonna take dynavaps to another level...

ruggedsmooth

Caldron should be clicking around 6-7 seconds
I go 1 second past on my Ti tip all the time

might be an issue with your caldron?

who else has a caldron? my caps are clicking under 3.386 seconds - i timed them using different ones, with ti and ss tips as well

listening to everyone that says go 1-2 secs after click, when I do that it combusts like 10% of the bowl that is touching the clicker - and for me ruins the entire bowl, imma flavor chaser

i can do the heat up and cooldown wait and heatup to hit it, but its not as intense as a single flame torch...wtf am i doing wrong, and here i thought IH was gonna take dynavaps to another level...

Indifferent FIsh

Did you recently get a Caldron, too? If I'm not completely making things up, I was under the impression Pipes recently upgraded the Caldron to an 8 amp heater as opposed to the tried and true 6 amp. Again that all might be completely inaccurate, but I can corroborate your experiences with my own several week old Caldron. I've been also getting crazy quick clicks; although I haven't measured it, but it's about twice as quick as a torch in my anecdotal experience. However I have been respecting the click and removing the cap from the heater when the click occurs. I've been getting dark but not combusted AVB from it with both TI and SS tips using it like this. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your unit, hopefully it can be sorted out soon for you so you can get back to chasing that flavor! :)

Edit: So got a wild hair about timing me Caldron after this talk. From room temp (77 degrees F) to click on a 2018 SS tip - 4.22 seconds / 2020 SS tip - 3.87 seconds / TI tip - I'm too god damned elevated to find it... In any case, I definitey seem to being the same time zone as @Thunderstealer1337 with my new Caldron. Although I am definitely not having a negative experience with it for my preferences.

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

man, that is too bad - i just got it yesterday after like 2-3 week wait, guess ill take video and pm pipes

if this is the actual function of the heater 3-4 sec clicks then imma just put it up for sale - i just retimed my caps they are right between 3-4secs

this was supposed to streamline the use of my 3 dynacaps, it is literally doing the opposite - and causing combustion, i wonder what was the reason to up the amp on the heater, everything else I read you want the slowest heatup time - so you can pulse and do whatever other weird techniques.

what is your method of heatup and hitting? do you heat up and hit on the 1st cycle?

Last edited:
Thunderstealer1337,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
everything else I read you want the slowest heatup time - so you can pulse and do whatever other weird techniques.

Ummmm... not necessarily in my opinion. Induction heaters behave different from each other and the pulsing technique came up with the Apollo from Lucid Customs (if I remember correctly). I actually scratch my head when I read about all those pulsing, dipping and sipping because to me that's not convenient at all, but to each his / her own. Anyway, I myself totally enjoy the quick heat up time of my IH and am not so much into slow heatups for example. It totally depends on the individual user scenario. A short heat up time still allows pulsing btw, it's just a bit quicker is all. Maybe try to get yourself familiar with the Caldron before selling it so soon.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Thunderstealer1337 - talk to @Pipes. He'll get to the bottom of this. You really can't go more than a half-count past the click on a heater like that. You could try one of those variable power supplies. If the current vape is good, just overwhelming, changing the input voltage, not the current rating of the supply, is the right way to address the over-zealous heater issue. If you give it 12 volts it will draw whatever current it can. If the supply is insufficient and is not designed for 'overload' conditions, it stresses the power supply and it could fail and or over-heat. Either way, an 8 amp supply has the margin needed for specific tips and caps. Ti tips can probably do 6.5 amps all day long... and '20-M's for sure!
Might I also suggest ths move to Pipes' thread?

But I do have a related thing to celebrate! A bit of good news along the lines of heating to near combustion!

I have a tool with a magnet. My '18 cap comes off with this magnet fairly reliably.
Considering I am taste blind to my daily meds, I only sense an "electric heat" when the load is done. If I taste anything it'll be smoke.
I just figured out to pull the cap and look for actual smoke.
If a little vape wisps away, hit it without the cap! If it's smoking, blow the load.
I'm already wearily testing the flavor at this point so it is easy enough to do a quick cap pull to save from a combustion event.
I have no doubt it would have combusted had I not pulled the cap.

Sip & Dip rocks. I have some shitty flower that just doesn't have vape mass that a full bowl is only a good solid rip if you keep it hot enough. Those dips are 2-1/2 seconds. That is about how much cooling a draw does using my IH's. I always interrupt heating during the 3-count. My IH's run 65-80 watts. Never fails. 3 seconds, all bets are off! And I have adjusted my coils to be ready on the second click for the first draw, and go 2 seconds over for the second and stronger draw with good bud.

But on demand heating is on the rise! Wanting to see more Flix users try to avoid the temptation to add 'just a little more heat' on the current draw. Just Heat while Sip'n. That is the idea behind variable voltage - to not have to be afraid of combustion while heating!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
@Thunderstealer1337 - talk to @Pipes. He'll get to the bottom of this. You really can't go more than a half-count past the click on a heater like that. You could try one of those variable power supplies. If the current vape is good, just overwhelming, changing the input voltage, not the current rating of the supply, is the right way to address the over-zealous heater issue. If you give it 12 volts it will draw whatever current it can. If the supply is insufficient and is not designed for 'overload' conditions, it stresses the power supply and it could fail and or over-heat. Either way, an 8 amp supply has the margin needed for specific tips and caps. Ti tips can probably do 6.5 amps all day long... and '20-M's for sure!
Might I also suggest ths move to Pipes' thread?

But I do have a related thing to celebrate! A bit of good news along the lines of heating to near combustion!

I have a tool with a magnet. My '18 cap comes off with this magnet fairly reliably.
Considering I am taste blind to my daily meds, I only sense an "electric heat" when the load is done. If I taste anything it'll be smoke.
I just figured out to pull the cap and look for actual smoke.
If a little vape wisps away, hit it without the cap! If it's smoking, blow the load.
I'm already wearily testing the flavor at this point so it is easy enough to do a quick cap pull to save from a combustion event.
I have no doubt it would have combusted had I not pulled the cap.

Sip & Dip rocks. I have some shitty flower that just doesn't have vape mass that a full bowl is only a good solid rip if you keep it hot enough. Those dips are 2-1/2 seconds. That is about how much cooling a draw does using my IH's. I always interrupt heating during the 3-count. My IH's run 65-80 watts. Never fails. 3 seconds, all bets are off! And I have adjusted my coils to be ready on the second click for the first draw, and go 2 seconds over for the second and stronger draw with good bud.

But on demand heating is on the rise! Wanting to see more Flix users try to avoid the temptation to add 'just a little more heat' on the current draw. Just Heat while Sip'n. That is the idea behind variable voltage - to not have to be afraid of combustion while heating!

I forsee a time when IH's can be programmed to heat up in a particular pattern. Sort of how people download Arctic Fox software to run a heating pattern for an Eleaf pico mod. Maybe the IH could even sense the heat already present in the tip and heat accordingly. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Thunderstealer1337 - You are basically giving the clicker a chance to catch up with the heating. The clicker is heated by the cap which is heated by the Caldron. If the Caldron is too quick, the cap is still preparing to click. You can probably refine the pulse technique to 3-4 firings waiting a second to see it clicks while waiting. 00:02 fire - 00:01 pause - 00:01 fire - 00:02 pause - no click = fire to click. I do a lot of surfing the wave on mine. I really go by temp of the draw. When it cools while drawing, I dip for a specific count. Getting down to how cool to let it get is critical. If the load cools too much, the 'doors close' to vape coming out. You have to let the bowl cool and cycle before more vape will come out sometimes. "Dry dusty bowl". The 25-75% humidity most of us have available sucks into the now bone-dry herb as it and the tip cools. Next heating will draw more if there is more to draw.

@BabyFacedFinster - If I could just have the ear of a Mod programmer for 10 minutes! That is very easy to do, yes. It wouldn't be bulky either. Think of a very slow PWM that never goes under 1/2 a second off or on, but can be on or off more than 1/2 a second. Does that make sense? I need to plot that.

thunderstealer1337

I am using the caldron through wpa and instantly hitting it, i really cant do 3-4 pulses only, that would be immediate clicks and me waiting the 3 secs to heat soak, i much prefer to constantly drag and pulse it with alot more intervals, i feel its rises the temp this way alot slower (I just tried 3-4 pulses only and letting it click after 6+ secs and it combusted)

Mine is not the 6-7 second heatup, mine is the 3-4 second heatup, and tbh this quick of a heatup to click - really is not for me for how fast it heats up - since i use my dynacaps through wpa.

Imo this unit works best for those who want to hit it without wpa and dry hit it like 5+ times per bowl with very to low vapor production, its kinda the opposite of what i want, full extraction in 1/2 hits and me just dropping it into the IH and picking it up and hitting, this pulsing and playing with time and trying to not make it combust - since its so close to combusting all the time, defeats the ease of use for me.

I am looking into the variable power source, really wished my caldron was the 6+ second clicks and not the 3-4 second click version.

dynavap new bid bundles are live on their site, i woudla bought the mega bundle but have already accessorized enough from the last 2 months hehehehe

Last edited:

wombat24

zealot - church of the blessed dynayap
Just wanted to share an idea I had with de-bowling and storing ABV. I cut a hole in a jar lid with a dremel cutting disc and glued in a 2-3mm thick silicone sheet with a cross cut.
When done, just push in and blow:wink:. When the jar is full just swap lids with a fresh jar. Works for me.

abvjar1.jpg
abvjar2.jpg

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I am using the caldron through wpa and instantly hitting it, i really cant do 3-4 pulses only, that would be immediate clicks and me waiting the 3 secs to heat soak, i much prefer to constantly drag and pulse it with alot more intervals, i feel its rises the temp this way alot slower (I just tried 3-4 pulses only and letting it click after 6+ secs and it combusted)

Mine is not the 6-7 second heatup, mine is the 3-4 second heatup, and tbh this quick of a heatup to click - really is not for me for how fast it heats up - since i use my dynacaps through wpa.

Imo this unit works best for those who want to hit it without wpa and dry hit it like 5+ times per bowl with very to low vapor production, its kinda the opposite of what i want, full extraction in 1/2 hits and me just dropping it into the IH and picking it up and hitting, this pulsing and playing with time and trying to not make it combust - since its so close to combusting all the time, defeats the ease of use for me.

I am looking into the variable power source, really wished my caldron was the 6+ second clicks and not the 3-4 second click version.

dynavap new bid bundles are live on their site, i woudla bought the mega bundle but have already accessorized enough from the last 2 months hehehehe

@Thunderstealer1337 There has to be something we are missing here to help you out. I understand that it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but you are the only poster that I know of who has not had a positive experience with a Caldron. I have used a wooden wpa with my IH's but almost always I am using a dry stem.

My Caldron is one that came with the older power cord and I get to about 5 seconds on the first cold cycle. I ordered a second one recently for my father and found it to be about the same in performance as the other. No noticeable difference, yet I did not sit down and do a legit comparision. Now my PSM is more aggressive than both Caldrons. On the first cold cycle I get a click on a SS tip in 4 seconds, successive cycles when the tip is hot is the same as you, a hair over 3 seconds. Even though my PSM is more ballsy, I still get even extraction and a nice medium colored abv after a 4 or 5 cycle session. My first hit is usually wispy and green tasting. Many times I will go a second past the click on the first cold cycle to get a better tasting hit. The second and third hits are decent clouds. There isn't much left if I do a 4th or 5th cycle. Usually those final roasty hits give me a bit more sedative feeling. I would burn on anything over 2 seconds past the click.

I don't do all that pulsing. After using the IH for some time, some experienced users have used pulsing to fine tune their experience. However, pulsing is not necessary for a beginning user to get good results.

I have been looking over your recent posts for anything that might cause an issue.

just got my caldron, its so small i use it upside down directly on the bong

still figuring it out how to use it, it clicks insanely quick like 3 secs

ive combusted more with this ih tonight, then my entire 2 month career with dynacaps :o

I don't think using the Caldron upside down would be an issue. Still, I never did it this way. I would heat the gong in the IH first then remove and place it in my bubbler. Maybe your measurement of when your Caldron is actively heating is off because you can't see when the LED first lights up? (Especially if you are rapidly pulsing.) Do you have issues when you use the IH with a dry stem?

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Siebter

thunderstealer1337

its actually very common, lots of ppl are reporting the 3-4 clicks has a learning curve, its just not what i need or want right now.....

i was expecting the ih to reduce or eliminate heating curve techniques and be a 1 and done situation - put in ih wait for click and hit....the caldron imo heats up way to quick for wpa use and I am not trying to hit the bowl 5+ times to extract it, i have 4 dynacaps in rotation - i vape 1/8 a day normally, i just dont have the patience hehe

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/hffqfe
of course the poster is raving about the caldron, but check out his response to my question:

how fast does your caldron take to click, i just got mine and it clicks 3-4 secs, using it through a wpa i barely get any vapor, and if i go 1-2 secs past click it combusts!!!

Yeah I ran into that same issue when mine first arrived it takes about 4ish seconds. I also noticed I don’t get a whole lot of vapor on the first few draws,too and I think it’s due to the vapcap heating up faster than the actual oven. I found waiting past the click will combust the bud that’s touching the sides of the oven, and leave the bud towards the middle either lightly vaped or “uncooked”. So I’ve found that you can “preheat” the cap to get it heated evenly by holding it in the IH 2-3 times while pulling it out just before the click each time. Then go for it. Otherwise all you have to do is draw through a few click cycles to get it up to temp inside and you’ll eventually get the goat. :)

this person shares the exact same scenario that I am experiencing, however they developed their technique - which is fine, but like i said i dont want to have a special technique for specific ih, since I already have another one on order and am looking to swap the caldron to a vaphotbox now.

my end goal is to get a double or triple 14mm bowl adapter and heat as many dynacaps as i can simultaneously with IH and go to town on the bong, this caldron will never work this way at all - its way to finicky (heating technique) and cant be a 1 and done for my use.

@BabyFacedFinster I think our expectations are way different, you are ok with hitting the bowl 5+ times via the IH, i dont want to do that, i want 1/2 hits, i dont use a drystem unless im out and about so since the IH is currently at home, i am using them all through wpa

fyi im the dumb guy that literally fell asleep with the torch on while spinning the cap, IH was suppposed to make this easier for me, its not (caldron) for the way i want to extract the load in 1/2 hits.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There are two schools of thought @Thunderstealer1337 . I first read your original post and thought it was too hot, but if you are getting green taste at 3.3 seconds, it ain't done.
So you actually have a 4.2 second IH for it to be done but the coil position is hitting the clicker a second early instead. 2 seconds is a no go. You need exactly 4.2 seconds! :disgust:

Okay, what the fuck is Tommy getting at now... You need the coil moved up, away from the switch about 1mm, .04". That'll give you an additional 1.2 seconds and a hot load to boot. I don't know how to do that with the Caldron.

notams

toke down Babylon
Hey @wombat24 love that debowler. I could never get enough push to really launch my AVB without also getting the blowback. I tried the whole silicon thingy. I could never get it to work. Kudos to you! That rocks. Great job.

Ok, see you after the weekend chinese fire drill. Peace out.

notams,
Reactions: wombat24

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Back to being the biggest baddest thread on fc nice! Treated myself to a Dynavap with some hash today and it did not disappoint, a few hazy hours later I came down and wanted to ride that pony again lol 😂 but my supply is getting low and I don't think I have the money to restock concentrate this month so I'm down to my last few sessions and need to stretch it out, lucky my Dynavap and rationing go hand in hand and with all the rationing my tolerance has gotten super shitty and I get baked pretty easily so it's not all bad. Taking a single on demand hit during the day is exactly what I need right now, just want to hover a inch or two off the ground instead of cruising at altitude all day. There's still vapes I want and want to try but my Dynavap will likely never be replaced, forgotten or moved on from, if anything my appreciation for this simple and humble device has only grown with time unlike some of my other vapes...... I'm looking at you crafty. Freaking love ❤️ my Dynavap

Top Bottom