TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@TommyDee I love the flavor of my BB9 especially when it's clean, it definitely tastes different to the ss stems.

Ok, so is there an optimal way to heat and extract the "goods" from a dynavap?

Or is it all mostly just preference?

I know that for me, taking it slow gives me a different high than if I hit the heat aggressively.

The quality and how sticky my meds are seem to make quite a difference to cloud production to from a given measure of blessed herb. :spliff:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There is likely a bottom line extraction science. Something S&B cooked up and likely a host of others including George. However, us humans are funny about perfection. It can't be right if it doesn't feel right, right? So we alter the process and say goodnight to science and make our own call. Good thing is, I don't have the science. I don't really know -if- there is a right way to extract the goods. I don't have a lab device, I have a VC. So what are the parameters the user wants to experience. Now that is the reason there will never be consensus. Even my constitution has changed drastically from 9 months ago. I tasted a thick raw vape and I liked it a lot. Now I try to make the VC provide that particular profile consistently.

Getting a device to breathe is an important aspect of getting the type of extraction you want. Since I also prefer a fine ground stash, it too must be accommodated. And don't get me wrong, I am not saying to heat aggressively, I am trying to apply heat -consistently-. Once the goodies begin to flow, sustaining that flow. Vapecaps just peak and wane. I'm saying 'hold that peak'. I hold it for maximum extraction yet the same principle works for temp stepping. We just don't have the heating devices yet that can do that. Most are in the form of a completely different vape. But even with the vapcap and the crude heating methods, there is unlimited variation on how the device can be used. Not only is there a pro or con 'reaction' to VC's from users, but there an infinite number of gray-scale shades in between. In conclusion, no, it is all about preference. There is no way to screw up a good VC experience. There is every way to improve a bad VC experience. It is the genesis of VAS. I'll never pretend to give advice to one happy with their VC. I will give advice for those just not getting there. And for those like me who chase that old bong combustion experience, well, what can I say, I'm getting on par with it. It's not for a lot of vapers.

I have noticed a more resinous flower vapes more. It is heavier on the chest and it extracts faster. I have flower that has very little vape. The difference is how full they fill the Oz jars. By bulk, there volume is nearly double for the fluffy stuff. That kind of flower doesn't hurt to just drink the vape out of it. Of course, because it is less vape than the other more resinous flower.

I only wish I could medicate with smaller doses. I would cut that back by adding different sessions. Like I did with the hybrid-M. Worked out well and yes, good cloud action with better low end flavors. I need a second rig to go there. That was ultimately the idea behind the Ti tip. Now that I've sworn off the stainless stem, I can look in that direction once again. I still have work to do to settle that Ti tip and its mission.

And how is your day going @TheThriftDrifter ?

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
It's the weekend so let the experimenting begin, you know for Science :science: Decided to play around with 19 m tip, I had heard that the ss may actually work better with a IH and figured I'd try. Also cut a screen and replaced the ccd, so I loaded it up and my first bowl felt a lot more restricted than the titanium tip I used earlier. I thought I made a error in packing because I had reverted to scooping the Dynavap through my grinder slightly pressing and twisting against the wall but I only did it once instead of my regular two. Still perhaps that was too much so so I shovelled in another load and tried again but had the same results. Along with the more restrictive air flow I was still getting a cooked greens taste that I associate with my ss tip and why I use it exclusively with my Dyna coil which I probably haven't used in almost 6 months. I'm definitely a titanium guy

TommyDee

Vaporitor
If you taste green it is not hot enough. My '18 cap has a wide gap between clicks. If I am not sure if it is click one or click two, I test it. Cooked green is the flavor of click 1. I have a good 4 seconds to go for the next click. When you have a good breathing load, keep it in the IH, 2, 3, 4 seconds after the click.

Bad Dog

Loaded another bowl and used my good cap, when I tested them some time ago my original cap took 7-8 seconds to click and my second cap was more like 5-6 and double clicks almost instantly. Went 5 seconds passed the click which is the combustion line for my titanium, could barely hear any hissing. But the taste was better though I did still get some green taste it was less. Still prefer the titanium

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Bad Dog - in the Fluxer thread people are dialing their coils for the heat they want. Running two different tips and cap just makes dialing for both a little tougher. I am running a hot '18 and a hot Ti. The click temperature for insertion depth are fairly consistent between the two. If I tried to balance out the '20 cap, which double clicks way early for me, it would be tough. The '20 would have to be inserted another 1/16th of an inch. Well, that would charcoal the '18.

Almost like the IH is a Lego extension in the DV chain.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@Bad Dog - in the Fluxer thread people are dialing their coils for the heat they want. Running two different tips and cap just makes dialing for both a little tougher. I am running a hot '18 and a hot Ti. The click temperature for insertion depth are fairly consistent between the two. If I tried to balance out the '20 cap, which double clicks way early for me, it would be tough. The '20 would have to be inserted another 1/16th of an inch. Well, that would charcoal the '18.

Almost like the IH is a Lego extension in the DV chain.

I thought you were working on the sliding up/down coil rig? Those LEGOS might come in handy, tiny little hand crank...

Bad Dog

I'm not even sure why I used my second cap, the only excuse I can think of is it was already on it 😬

Bad Dog,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The Tiny Might thread has a good 200 posts (8 pages) on the Dynavap :o thread. It's the hottest thread in the portable section. Has the king been dethroned? :rolleyes:

I don't see what is all that exciting about the TM. Anyway, I have been playing around with my fourth gen 7 fin tip lately. I generally use a SS tip and I can see that I prefer the slower heat up of the stainless. The Ti tip is too easy to overshoot on an IH and generally speeds up the session on me. I like the way a SS tip takes a bit more time to heat soak and seems more forgiving when heating.

thunderstealer1337

the tinymight/tetrap80 are my next purchases as well

its exciting cuz you only need your herb and that and your good to go, this one you need a torch or ih and technique has a big learning curve/master curve especially when you drunk/haf

i have def fallen asleep with torch flaming the cap before lol, hence i need a IH like yesterday and have bought 2, just patiently waiting meow

NexVision

The Tiny Might thread has a good 200 posts (8 pages) on the Dynavap :o thread. It's the hottest thread in the portable section. Has the king been dethroned? :rolleyes:

I don't see what is all that exciting about the TM. Anyway, I have been playing around with my fourth gen 7 fin tip lately. I generally use a SS tip and I can see that I prefer the slower heat up of the stainless. The Ti tip is too easy to overshoot on an IH and generally speeds up the session on me. I like the way a SS tip takes a bit more time to heat soak and seems more forgiving when heating.
I will gladly take the 7 fin off your hands without a problem. :wave:

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
@BabyFacedFinster I agree. SS is my preferred daily driver.

Hey everyone, I need some help please . I'm new to the Dynacoil. I've only had it a few weeks. Manufacturer instructions say to remove the CCD. Do you?

I remove my CCD when installing the coil. I've heard others leave it in, but mine seems to sit nice and snug. I don't use huge amounts, so clogging never has been an issue (with rosin at least). If using an IH, I'd be careful to flip the unit on its side at least. I have a Flux and Dynatec, but prefer heating wax with a torch, a few seconds past click.

juanavape

Hey everyone, I need some help please . I'm new to the Dynacoil. I've only had it a few weeks. Manufacturer instructions say to remove the CCD. Do you?

I leave it in. Only because it makes it so much easier to push it out when it needs cleaning just by pushing it out with the condensor tube as always. I also mostly use fresh pressed resin in it in small amounts so no problems with the ccd gunking up much so far.

Ganjora

Usually I put weed through a santa Cruz grinder.
This morning I just mashed a nugget in.
Am I dreaming or is the taste much better without grinding?
More trichomes making it into the bowl?

Had a couple of bowls back to back, in the interests of science, stock 19M and my titanium Omni with spinning mouthpiece.
Stainless feels lazier, titanium direct and to the point.
Ti for me!

NexVision

More trichomes making it into the bowl?

Had a couple of bowls back to back, in the interests of science, stock 19M and my titanium Omni with spinning mouthpiece.
Stainless feels lazier, titanium direct and to the point.
Ti for me!
Coring the content will def give u more of a robust taste then going thru a grinder as far as potency minimal differences.

notams

toke down Babylon
I leave it in. Only because it makes it so much easier to push it out when it needs cleaning just by pushing it out with the condensor tube as always....

Thank you for this. I cleaned mine for the first time last night. Incidentally, at like 10:00... You please sted at 10:15.if I just waited. What a pain!

Pushing the coil from the bottom causes it to turn inside out. It wasn't even that dirty but it was glued to the inside of the bowl. Had to soak the whole tip, made an absolute mess pushing it out. ISO everywhere, fingers a mess. No thanks.

Taking your advice, if for no other reason than ease of cleaning alone.

CCD stays in! Then just push with condenser to remove. Easy peezy. Thank you Juanavape (btw, cool name)

More trichomes making it into the bowll?....

Agreed. I usually grind and then every once in a while I'll shove a nug in. I'm always floored by the taste.

There was a video I saw of George talking about doing nugs. He says after 1-2 low heat cycles pop out nug, gently squeeze, reinsert, repeat.

Easier said than done (removal, squeeze, replace) but, doing something of this variety increases my whole nug experience. Even just stabbing with the diggerouter helps after a cycle or two.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Pushing the coil from the bottom causes it to turn inside out. It wasn't even that dirty but it was glued to the inside of the bowl. Had to soak the whole tip, made an absolute mess pushing it out. ISO everywhere, fingers a mess. No thanks.

Taking your advice, if for no other reason than ease of cleaning alone.

CCD stays in! Then just push with condenser to remove. Easy peezy. Thank you Juanavape (btw, cool name)

I stopped using my dynacoil for some of those reasons. It is a pita to clean and an iso soak isn't gonna take all that old reclaim out. I thought the same thing at first, only to load it up and it still had the old reclaim taste, which kills the good flavor of fresh concentrate. Reclaim clings to that thing like grim death, which is a good thing when you don't want your fresh load dripping out or down the condenser but a bad thing when you want to start fresh again. In order to truly clear out all the old gunk I had to practically boil it in scalding hot water. I guess an iso or PBW soak might work if you use a lot of iso/PBW, agitate it regularly and let it sit for days.

I also found that it is much easier to remove the DC from the tip when hot. If you try to take it out cold then you gonna have that unravel bullshit start to happen. My suggestion is to wrap your 'trates in some organic hemp or cotton and put that in your tip without the DC. But that's just me, YMMV.

juanavape

Curious question not owning a coil. We use to just flare off contaminants with a good torch. Would that work for the Dynacoil? Just glow it red hot and blow the white ash off?

Hhmmmm. Curious about this myself. I'll need another good cleaning sometime this week probably so if nobody else beats me to it I'll give it a try and get back to you.........

Top Bottom