stark1

Lonesome Planet
I just joined the dynavap family this past 4/20.

Got a 2020m, bought another immediately in the following days cuz my tolerance is so high - I was literally trying to pack and refill the bowl nonstop - needed 2 in rotation to let 1 cool off, I'm still going through 1/8 daily though.

The 2nd 2020m heats up alot slower and I combust like 33% time using exact same technique on my 1st 2020m.

I am sad, I don't think it's the cap my 2020m tips look drastically different!!! The machining marks are like 50% off the plane and have tapered cutouts like carrots vs my first having cutouts clearly on the planes with no tapers.

Just a rant I have to literally pay attention and mess it up constantly cuz I can't pay attention 1/2 through a session which stem I'm using.

Now I bought a ti tip with glass stem and low cap temp, issue with this is the cap is bent like crazy just to get it to not fall off. But still loose enough on cool down clicks it will sometimes shoot off, my 2 other caps are captive so don't have this issue, but I think my ti tip is smaller of then the rest of my tips.
1fv8ZWf.jpg

YOfqSuo.jpg

Ov45hQi.jpg

Tldr shits awesome, bought 3 setups in like 1 week, but getting drastic variances in performance leading me to believe their qc needs revamped and I have prolly gotten some bad qc products.

Experiment with using the same cap with both Ms, and see if you still combust. You
May then be able to determine if the 2nd cap is misbehaving.

Squeezing the caps out of round helps keeping them captive?

Planck

believes in Dog
Tldr shits awesome, bought 3 setups in like 1 week, but getting drastic variances in performance leading me to believe their qc needs revamped and I have prolly gotten some bad qc products.
Yeah it sure looks like you got a tip that was not indexed properly for machining. Send an image to DV, they will get you sorted.

Very little gets past DV quality control, you`re in a small special group.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I just joined the dynavap family this past 4/20.

Got a 2020m, bought another immediately in the following days cuz my tolerance is so high - I was literally trying to pack and refill the bowl nonstop - needed 2 in rotation to let 1 cool off, I'm still going through 1/8 daily though.

The 2nd 2020m heats up alot slower and I combust like 33% time using exact same technique on my 1st 2020m.
<snip>
YOfqSuo.jpg

One of the things about VapCaps is that the clickers are pretty much unique. There seem to be families but the time to click is unique for all. I've had a bear of time finding two with the same click profile, much less the same temperature profile. But after a while when your VAS has collected say, a dozen caps, you'll find the perfect pair.

As to the horizontal machining, I've been wondering if there is a hidden meaning in there. As @Moses Baca suggested, just write and ask them if tips should be identical.
@Stark1 's suggestion to use the same cap on both tips will settle if both tips are the same or not. if you use the same cap on both, do you still combust? Both? That just means the timing of the two caps are different. Very normal in the Dynaverse :clap:

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

Thanks for the replies, I've swapped everything around so I can distinctly tell which stem/tip I'm on when I pick them up mid session.

I did weigh the 2 ss tips, one was 6.00, and other was 6.49 - almost 8-9%=total weight difference!

As of now I've learned to just heat up the longer heat soaking one (lighter 6.00g) more in the middle of the cap, for my original I shoot for bottom of cap. If I go bottom I risk combusting.

I normally get 2 hits per bowl.

I also swapped my low temp cap onto my 2020 m tips and a captive cap to the ti tip. Are the ti tips smaller then the SS ones? It's so loose even the captive cap during cool down is moving the cap upwards a lot! And immediately the squashed low temp cap (still loose on ti tip even drastically squished) fit nice and snug on the 2020 ss ones.

Here is my collection
8XaksCE.jpg

5UdlYCg.jpg

8JcnOtx.jpg

JSz54rv.jpg

Last edited:

Zoltani

What's it like hitting through these 3rd party stems with no air port? with my M I usually like to take a very short draw completely closed continuing with long open hit. Hard for me to imagine hitting with no air port, unless I am completely missing something.

thunderstealer1337

I have the gnarly stem and it does have a airport, same boat as you if its a inhand piece - it is required to have one imo.

Its smoother and rips harder then a metal body and super cool you can see the vape produce, but I have been using water with all my dynavap so that glass stem really irritates my throat

I now wonder what the actual weight for the 2020m is supposed to be, I definitely have a awkward one weighing 8% over/under vs my other one.

kenske

Took my girl out to get some fresh air, vitamin d, and then some of my childhood favorite...vanilla ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles:cool:

Attachments

• 20200524_142630.jpg
    20200524_142630.jpg
    925.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200524_142115.jpg
    20200524_142115.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20200524_143056.jpg
    20200524_143056.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 23

juanavape

My kit :

Old candy tin. The hard drive (heavy duty) magnet stuck to the lid holds the Vapcaps upright, two if necessary after it's put back on. The little honest is the backup, the big one is overkill but I like the shape of the flame and it fits pretty good in my big paws. Large tank is another bonus.

Everything is sitting on my "cutting board" with yet another HD magnet attached for use at home.

But still.......... The VAS never ends !

20200523_103729.jpg

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
What's it like hitting through these 3rd party stems with no air port? with my M I usually like to take a very short draw completely closed continuing with long open hit. Hard for me to imagine hitting with no air port, unless I am completely missing something.

To airport or not to airport.

I try to mix it up... BUT mostly seem to gravitate to a stem with no airport/carb + mouthpull technique. It makes less irritating vapor for me.

If you are considering getting a carbless stem
I say go for it, it's kinda like puffing on a cigar, gives you a variation if you want to change things up. Easier in the dark too. 👀

Been struggling to find the airport on the 2020 M by feel, never had that problem on the 2019. Those damn chiral ports got me tripping. :spliff:

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Are you sending a message back in time @Stark1 ?
I have the gnarly stem and it does have a airport, same boat as you if its a inhand piece - it is required to have one imo.

Its smoother and rips harder then a metal body and super cool you can see the vape produce, but I have been using water with all my dynavap so that glass stem really irritates my throat

I now wonder what the actual weight for the 2020m is supposed to be, I definitely have a awkward one weighing 8% over/under vs my other one.

That is an insane finding on the tips. In this day and age of tooling, that difference requires effort :D

Crap @Juanavape - that image just solidified a long quest. I have a few extra Magic Flight tins sitting around. I should put my IH in there huh :brow: Think the camouflage will work?

Gigsabits57

Are you sending a message back in time @Stark1 ?

That is an insane finding on the tips. In this day and age of tooling, that difference requires effort :D

Crap @Juanavape - that image just solidified a long quest. I have a few extra Magic Flight tins sitting around. I should put my IH in there huh :brow: Think the camouflage will work?
I find that somewhat surprising, although I will say I have two tips where the depth of the grooves are very shallow. I'm wondering if the QC at DV has slipped due to growth of the company? Idk but it's something to keep an eye out for.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It is easy to back annotate such variance. This is normally governed by two elements. Proper drawings with reasonable functional tolerances. Drawing define the full allowable outline of the part in totality. The second is shop practices. I can only see them using CNC for making parts and once a program is approved, it is gospel. So the only other variables include machine quality (bearings and setup) and tool tip accuracy. Basically, one can assume that drawings for the SS '20 tip has a mass allowance of +/-1/4 gram based on minimum material conditions. The range could be much greater of course, but this sampling of 2 pieces bears this out.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
It is easy to back annotate such variance. This is normally governed by two elements. Proper drawings with reasonable functional tolerances. Drawing define the full allowable outline of the part in totality. The second is shop practices. I can only see them using CNC for making parts and once a program is approved, it is gospel. So the only other variables include machine quality (bearings and setup) and tool tip accuracy. Basically, one can assume that drawings for the SS '20 tip has a mass allowance of +/-1/4 gram based on minimum material conditions. The range could be much greater of course, but this sampling of 2 pieces bears this out.

I was just about to say the exact same thing!

Except it would have sounded like this in my caveman like expression.....

"One tip different to other tip, cutty tool machine make bad"

But seriously TD, I always enjoy your explanations of things technical.

I had better post a photo I suppose.

20200205_125027.jpg

Top Bottom