VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I totally agree with @Dutch-Mic & @notams there.
@junny89 - you need to keep heating past 12 seconds, UNTIL it clicks (or burns, which I think is unlikely).
Don't be afraid - if you're a newbie to the VapCap & you haven't combusted yet, well, you're really not trying hard enough ;) Keep going!

I get the feeling you'll be posting a highly baked respose fairly soon . . .

:peace:

junny89

@junny89
I wonder if there's something up with your cap. There are the odd ones that are defective but even if that was the issue then your flower should be combusting eventually. I don't have the new captive cap but with it fitting as loosely as some have reported maybe that's where heat is being lost. How tight does your cap fit?

I heat the 2020M for longer than 20 seconds when using a single torch lighter with a small flame. It takes a while before it clicks. My suggestion is that you keep heating the cap until it clicks. Keep us updated :tup:

I find it difficult to get a half bowl on the 20M as well as the titanium tip. I'm a veteran at this and struggle EVERY time.

Don't worry newbies, it's not user error. It's just not easy to fly your Dynaflag at half mast.

Hey, @junny89 go for it. Go deep. Put the single flame down low on the cap and go for it. Make it holy (toast the hell out of it). Make it click or burn. Seriously, it sometimes takes 35-40 seconds with a cold bowl, weak flame, planetary alignment... who knows man.

Point is: Keep heating it directly with a flame and you will only have 2 possible outcomes: Click or burn.

If you haven't clicked or burnt you haven't gone long enough with the flame.

The click will happen BEFORE the burn. So, keep going until you literally see and smell smoke and if that happens with no click - then, sorry dude. It's a bum unit. But, I don't know if you have gone deep enough yet.

I totally agree with @Dutch-Mic & @notams there.
@junny89 - you need to keep heating past 12 seconds, UNTIL it clicks (or burns, which I think is unlikely).
Don't be afraid - if you're a newbie to the VapCap & you haven't combusted yet, well, you're really not trying hard enough ;) Keep going!

I get the feeling you'll be posting a highly baked respose fairly soon . . .

:peace:

haha ok so I heated where it says D on the cap. Clicked around 20 seconds. It works! Haha good job was only the small bowl! I got fair bit of work to get done but I’m zoned out!
In all the videos all state up to 15 seconds maximum even the retailer said 10 seconds!
I just wanted some assurance that I could go up to 20 seconds before I did as I don’t really want to be buying a new one now. Just bought the purpleheart dynastash and maintenance kit with a bb9 cooler!

loving it so far, can’t wait to try it further later tonight.
Really really appreciate all the help here with this. I think especially for newbies it would be good if a reviewer could have said you can try heating for longer etc but they all click around 7 seconds so I thought wait I must be doing something wrong.
I initially heated a little bit further from the D towards the magnet but I think I may have found the micro dose sweet hot spot!

also would a induction heater be a good investment as they are pretty expensive for the portable ones?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@junny89 - My '19-M cap clicks like yours apparently. Mine is a hugely delayed first click. It finally comes on as a kind of subdued CRLICK with an almost immediate CLICK!

Not a real issue. The final click is well pronounced and that's the one that matters to me.

I have to ask though; are you doing this in the cold? Ambient temps do make a difference.

Although you are heating the cap, part of that heat is being transferred to the bowl (tip). This is the heat mass that toasts your nugs on the walls (conduction). The heat from the cap is a convection heat source. I'm going to suggest that somehow you are not getting enough heat into the tip and the cap isn't staying hot enough to get a good rip. Go ahead and flame the cap until it clicks, but move to the half of the cap where the clicker is. As I've noted, your cap is acting like mine. Mine is a very hot cap meaning it wants a lot of heat to reach the click.

And of course, if you feel it is simply not 'right', contact DV and get their take. All the best.

Edit; my thoughts on IH - well, I hate butane so that is about the end of it. However, the IH heats both the cap and the tip at the same time. Heatup time from cold is on average 10 seconds. The speed of heatup interests me for the soul reason that I am loosing vape while heating. With the IH, you can start drawing before it is ever fully hot. This method has reduced the vape honey left in the IH coil liner. What I am saying is that you might want a hotter torch :2c:

Really spirytus is more expensive than everclear where I live in New Jersey. Theres a clear springs grain alcohol that's 190 proof that's slightly cheaper then everclear though.

Same here in Oregon. OLCC has an online search and Spirytus doesn't show up but the grain alcohol did. And nearly the same price. And still 190 proof. I'll make the switch just to see. Maybe around September I'll need another bottle.

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
you might want a hotter torch
blazer-firefox-torch-lighter.jpg

https://www.planetvape.ca/blazer-firefox-mini-torch.html
I'm good thanks!
Blazers be like;

SquirrelMaster

@junny89
I had to pull out the torch to double check my times but three little hooligans delayed my response lol. It looks like you have it figured out now :tup:.
I'm at 23 seconds for a base hit (by the digger outer) so you're right on target. I get big milky clouds they way I heat and 2-3 draws on a full bowl.

tattooed

So I've been using my 2018 M since it came out but have used it solely on a DDave wand for the last year. I just ordered a Simrell Vortex and I'm curious if I should get a Ti tip?

I use an induction heater I made and the SS tip definitely seems to retain heat making for very short reheats, couple seconds I'd say. How will the titanium tip perform?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
So I've been using my 2018 M since it came out but have used it solely on a DDave wand for the last year. I just ordered a Simrell Vortex and I'm curious if I should get a Ti tip?

I use an induction heater I made and the SS tip definitely seems to retain heat making for very short reheats, couple seconds I'd say. How will the titanium tip perform?

I just ordered a Simrell too. Since I have a 19m & 20m, both SS, I figured it made sense to try a Ti tip too, faster heat up in a IH.

tattooed

I should have mentioned what worries me most about the upgrade is airflow more than heat, I modified my SS tip for better airflow by filing Vs into the tip where the airpaths terminate. I've never messed with titanium can you file the stuff? I realize it's not indestructible but I now it's harder than steel.

grogazola

Hey friends! What’s the consensus on the 20M?

I love my three 18Ms but I didn’t like the 19M for whatever reason - felt constricted to me. Even sold my 19M to purchase another 18M.

What do people who like the 18M (but don’t like the 19M) think about the 20M?

Thanks!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I think I'd like to receive mine :spliff:

Finding the '19 breathes a little better than '18 out of the box. Once customized, I'd say they were the same. But the clickers are worlds apart. the '18 has perfect zones between clicks. The '19 goes "crrrrlick -- CLICK!" in short succession. That's click 1 and click 2. Very hot little cap.

grogazola

I think I'd like to receive mine :spliff:

Finding the '19 breathes a little better than '18 out of the box. Once customized, I'd say they were the same. But the clickers are worlds apart. the '18 has perfect zones between clicks. The '19 goes "crrrrlick -- CLICK!" in short succession. That's click one and click 2. Very hot little cap.

True, if the 20M is similar to the 19M, I’ll pass!

I remember posting about how I prefer the 18M over the 19M and being surprised at how many people felt the same way.

Fellow 18M lovers! Let a brother know how the 20M compares to an 18M!

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"

More often than not, I put a stainless steel tip on mine. But you should definitely get it with the titanium tip. You have an 18 m so if you want you can always swap back and forth between stainless and titanium. Your preference will vary depending on how you use it and by the day.

I love my three 18Ms but I didn’t like the 19M for whatever reason - felt constricted to me. Even sold my 19M to purchase another 18M.

Thanks!

I Kinda like the 19M. Sort of a middle ground for airflow imo.

But between my Shadow M (Black 18M) and my 20M... THAT'S tough.

Better clouds from my Shadow with less effort, but the 20's chiral airport design, plus the new tip and captive cap, DO make the 20M a Flavor Lover's DREAM!

My Phantom Vortex is honestly my daily driver for a metal stem setup now.

And of course for glass, my 2mmXL Thick Ass Glass stem from @RogueGuy at theRogueWaxworks!

That new 20M IS gonna see some action, when I'm cleaning the others. lol

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@junny89 In regards to your induction heater question, it really depends on you. I went months and months before I finally built my own but now it's all I ever use (hence why I had to torch a cap to double check the heat up time). Induction heaters make the heating process faster and easier and that's what pushed me over the edge. I hit a point when I was using my Vapcap's enough that sitting and spinning them over and over (3 back to back bowls) became tedious. If you have any soldering skills (you don't need much) you'll be able to make one very easily for not a lot of money. There are tons of guides of available if you do some searching. Wall plug or battery powered. If you would rather buy one then you need to decide if that extra cost is worth the time and butane saved as well as the ease of use imo.

murf2010

Planet of the vapes sold the whole starter pack for $100, included was a four piece grinder and a air tight stash jar. Lighter came with it too. No brainer. Stoked to give it a whirl!! What insane reviews for something that costs next to nothin! I’m pumped.

Dutch-Mic

Thanks!

Don't know if there's a consensus yet, but my view on the 2020M vs the 18M:

- 2020M has better airflow with the airports completely open and feels less harsh on the throat because of the better airflow.
- 2020M gives me bigger clouds with the airports open.
- Captive cap (after adjusting it a bit) feels more convenient. It doesn't fall off easily and because the cap 'jumps' a bit there is also a visual indicator that the tip has reached vaporisation temperatures.
- It's a bit easier to insert the condenser tube thanks to the new ridge in the mouthpiece.
- You can adjust the screen now to a microdosing sized bowl which is perfect for the microdosers that have a tendency to put too much herb in the bowl (or am I the only one who does that with the normal sized bowl? :lol:)

Heat up time on the 2020M takes a bit longer than with my 18M, but if that's a con is subjective I think. I don't mind it, because the hits are satisfying. The 2020M is my favourite Vapcap so far!

Last edited:

grogazola

- 2020M has better airflow with the airports completely open and feels less harsh on the throat because of the better airflow.
- 2020M gives me bigger clouds with the airports open.
- Captive cap (after adjusting it a bit) feels more convenient. It doesn't fall off easily and because the cap 'jumps' a bit there is also a visual indicator that the tip has reached vaporisation temperatures.
- It's a bit easier to insert the condenser tube thanks to the new ridge in the mouthpiece.
- You can adjust the screen now to a microdosing sized bowl which is perfect for the microdosers that have a tendency to overfill the bowl (or am I the only one who does that with the normal sized bowl? :lol:)

Heat up time on the 2020M takes a bit longer than with my 18M, but if that's a con is subjective I think. I don't mind it, because the hits are satisfying. The 2020M is my favourite Vapcap so far!

Amazing! Thank you!

Top Bottom