SquirrelMaster

Marlene Dietrich indeed...you just need to hit up @phattpiggie
C5Wwzk5

God damn posting images on this site...somebody give me a new primer on posting pics. Posting pics to this forum is utter bullshit...

I really like www.turboimagehost.com
There's a few other good ones as well but turbo works well for me.

Edit: Thought you hosted on Tinypic who black balled FC or something like that a while ago.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I've edited your post to display the image. Here are instructions for posting to imgbb.co.:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-images-using-imgbb-com.45927/

:peace:
Thanks so much @Stu

I really like www.turboimagehost.com
There's a few other good ones as well but turbo works well for me.

Edit: Thought you hosted on Tinypic who black balled FC or something like that a while ago.
It took awhile, but I finally got comfortable with imgur and they got a stick up there ass...

Also just realized that I double posted, so please mods rectify that. These turbulent times make me a little bit loopy...

Last edited by a moderator:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"

vandalizedbythelotus

Funny you should say that @BabyFacedFinster . One interesting material would be the ceramic alumina. Super-neutral taste and completely inert. Wouldn't work with an IH though so that's out.
the glass OG works fine with an IH so i maybe this would too. not as fast as a regular metal tip ofc and pulse heating is a must but the glass tip works.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
You must mean the glass stem. With cap/tip. Works?

Wait. OG has no tip. So, Cap?
(A tiny more mass should help. A small disc magnet?)

Back, to Dreamland.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Marlene Dietrich indeed...you just need to hit up @phattpiggie
000-B3-C1-A-A83-E-4663-B799-5-DAA39-B4-A968.jpg

God damn posting images on this site...somebody give me a new primer on posting pics. Posting pics to this forum is utter bullshit...

Modnote: Edited to display image
Maybe it’s a good thing?
I was posting photo’s until a member responded that I my picture’s were offensive?
“M” cap is a decent medical device to get Through opinion’s!
The long stem is the bomb!

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Good point @vandalizedbythelotus . If there's a screen, that too would heat. I like that. That may just solve the combustion problem with real-time IH heating.

An update on the real time heating of the VapCap using an underpowered IH - "FUCK!"
1/2 bowl, 30 seconds, 1 draw, and dark ABV. These draws are close to what I can do with Muad Dib using concentrate. This is as close to a bong hit I've achieved yet with a VC. I can't even come close with the Launch Box.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Well what do you know - after cleaning up my last flame-out (full power IH is too hot for active heating :bang:) I took a close look at the '18-M CCD. It doesn't actually have a lip that captures it; okay, noted. Last time I replaced the CCD I used just the center to punch it in there. Worked great and the CCD was pretty much conical. But remember the earlier discussion of making use of those openings along the edge of the CCD? I got the CCD to fit convex! It is locked in and pushes out easily from the stem-side.

If you want to try this I'll tell you how I got there; first a fresh new CCD installed using a pocker. Something that will reliably lock on the center hole and broadens quickly. The CCD will go cone shaped and install. Remove the CCD with a tube from the stem-side. Maintain the conical shape and put the CCD back in with the center proud toward you. Use 5/16" tube to finish seating the CCD.

You now have much better flow through the holes along the edge of your CCD when the bowl is stuffed with dense herb.

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
Stems, we love 'em. Lots of talk about cooling stems, cool vapor etc. I though it may be interesting to look at the potential heat sinking ability of common stem materials. Below is a list of the approximate thermal conductivity of some potential and common stem materials. The higher the number (k) the better the heat transfer.

< 1 Wood low and varies with species, gran direction moisture content etc.
1.05 Glass
1.14 Borosilicate Glass
14 Stainless Steel
20 Titanium
76 Platinum
240 Aluminum
420 Silver

I'd say it's reasonably certain that glass and wood are poor choices for a cooling stem. eeek you say but but beads and nipples! Okay, for glass to just match SS it performance must be improved by 14 times! Seems pretty unlikely, I'd take that bet. 14x just to match, good luck.

I realize this is a simplistic view but I think is still speaks volumes.

Cheers.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Thank you for the reminder @mucsusn, seems a lifetime ago when that stem was made.

@Planck having made both glass and SS lined stems I can say SS loses out to glass on flavour but makes up for it with its ability to rob heat from the vapor.

As I've said before if I'm paying up to $100/g for concentrates I want them in me first time around rather than stuck to beads, dimples or a twisted tape turbulator only to be dissolved off in some Iso.

The other thing that makes a difference is the bore of the lining.
Smaller bore accelerates the vapor which in turn scrubs heat.
So far I've tried an ID of 4.5mm, DV size, 4mm which is my regular size and 3.2mm.
3.2mm being the size in my DD stem.

Top Bottom