stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Socks And Sandals, if you hone your technique, a VapCAp OHM-ni will ultimately reward you. Or any VapCap, for that matter.

As a micro dozer, and a bare foot dancer, I am quite happy with a tiny nug, and a huge smile, myself.

If you, as others are, leery of butane lighters, and cast blame on them, there are
Other wowzers which will loft you on to Cloud 9 (as well).

Damn the torpedos, mate! Don’t abandon ship. :cool:

Wink. Wink. ;) :spliff:

:spliff:

seki

I recently picked up a Magic Flight Orbiter after coming across one in a local shop. I've been interested in one for a little while, but importing it direct from Magic Flight or other American retailers can be a little pricey, so I jumped at the chance and bought it.

Unfortunately, the downspout on the Orbiter is narrower beneath the joint and will not accommodate any VonGs with a mouthpiece. As a result, it isn't possible to use a regular sized VonG unless you install the condenser and leave it exposed without a mouthpiece at the end of the VapCap. It definitely fits in the downspout this way, but I think it's pretty unappealing aesthetically and there some added risk of the sharper metal edges chipping or scratching the glass as it's inserted and removed:
condenser5.jpg

To make it work, I decided to contact @Andy Capp and ask him to cut a couple of condensers down to the required size. Here is an image of one beside two stock DV condensers:
condenser1.jpg

Custom condenser, regular condenser, XL sized condenser.

Installed condensers:
condenser2.jpg

and the mouthpiece end:
condenser4.jpg

They fit perfectly, thanks again @Andy Capp!

Here's a function vid of the Orbiter and custom condenser VonG in action:
Bonus Double Bubbler vid:
Orbiter is daisy-chained with a Grav Spherical Pocket Bubbler. Shatter through a Dynacoil, using a complete Frankenstein of a VapCap: 19m SS tip, v2 Omni Body, Shadow M condenser, and Simrell Collection v1 10mm tapered mouthpiece.

The double bubbler is fun, and much less awkward when you're not trying to film and keep things in frame, but ultimately I feel like it's still more hassle than it's worth with the set up and clean up. I can't see myself using this configuration too often.

On a different note, I have a new cap that doesn't seem quite right. I think it may either be a defective cap or possibly one that was intended to be a low-temp cap, but was not properly branded/labelled. Would any one with a low-temp cap mind comparing these images to theirs?

The cap I'm wondering about is the one on the left. You can see that the section that holds the bi-metallic disks looks significantly larger than that of the regular cap on the right. This cap came with my "2019m For A Friend". It was lodged on to the tip very tight and I had to use George's X-Acto knife method to remove it. This cap is installed on the lightwood VonG in the pics above, and you can see that it doesn't sit all the way down on the tip like the other two do. If I push down on the cap any more, it sits where the other caps do, but ends up being stuck like it was when I first removed it from the 2019m.
cap1.jpg

Alternate angle:
cap2.jpg

No Low-temp branding on the back side:
cap3.jpg

I haven't tried using it as I intended to give this one away, can anyone with a low-temp cap chime in? Does this look like an unbranded low-temp cap or a defect?

Last edited:

seki

All the newer caps will have a larger crimp area for the discs. Not a defect.

cap4.jpg

Huh. That's interesting. I didn't know they made this change. It seems like this new cap sits a little higher on all of my tips from Gen 2 through Gen 6-7. You can tell based on the gaps between the edges of the cap and the fins on the tip. Thanks for the response @NizzyJones. :).

It's funny, I didn't really pay much attention to those details when looking at the announcement and subsequent images of the new Ms, but the same gaps and changes to the cap are present in a lot of the promotional advertising from Dynavap and others:
newcap1.jpg
newcap2.jpg
newcap3.jpg

Makes sense, given the changes to the caps. Oddly enough, I did come across this image that looks like it has a mix of both style caps:
newcap4.jpg

The Rosium model here seems to have an older cap as the digger outer sits much closer to the o-ring and the crimp area looks visibly smaller than the other two.

Last edited:

D4Dank

Ok guys, I've tried to like this vape but I just can't. I have been through single, double, and triple flame torches, almost two cans of butane and I've already given up. I have watched every video out there on how to heat this thing but I'm not getting satisfactory results. Yeah the effects are there, but the biggest clouds I get are whispy at best. This isn't fucking rocket science but I can't get clouds out of this thing and not once was even able to produce a CLOUD WORTHY HIT out of my rig either.

I should have known what I was getting into.. and should have bought the M. I went into this knowing that I hate the routine of using a lighter and still made the plunge. On a scale of 1/10 the Omnivap XL gets about a 6.5 from me. I'm sorry but I'm unable to produce the clouds I see in these videos.

I have used the Omni vap once an evening (for over a month now) before really getting baked with my Evo, which does the job consistently for me unlike having to struggle with a torch. It's been about a month now and I can safely say that this will be the last butane powered vape I ever buy personally.

My biggest hang up over my displeasure of using this device? I can't get big extractions... no matter what I do. Either there is something wrong with the device or my expectations are too high because I have NEVER GOT A BONG WORTHY hit out of this device. Not EVER...

Sorry guys, I tried to like this vape, I really did... but it just doesn't replace a plug in device that gives outstanding results "consistently" unlike this device.

I'm done with it. Sorry I tried my very best to like it..
To each their own.

Thanks to those that tried to help, but this vape's inconsistency just isn't cutting it for me.
Well good thing there is no rush and you can come back to it whenever you feel like you’re ready to give it another try. I too disliked it the first week and thought everyone else was just a light weight. I smoked blunt after blunt for years. I get fat rips out of my dynavap and it seems fail proof now. Hear it up, listen for the click, and inhale as hard as you’d like. Perhaps the bud quality you’re getting isn’t that great. Maybe trying that technique where you do a soft heat up cycle til you hear the click then allow the cool down click to happen and then heat up again for the click and then rip it.

Dynalowrider

Due to the fact that I don't want the clickers to touch my herb, and sometimes the new crimp will snap on to the tip and I have to struggle to remove a hot cap. I take a pair of pliers to put a slight bend in the digger so it fits into the fins so it can still be removed, but holds it off the clickers from the load. It has an added benefit it keeps the cap from snapping on when using a Pipes IH with push down switch in the vial. Doc

Good luck.

StringTheorista

I bought from Etsy. You can get a ridiculous amount for cheap. For example here:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/599204636/natural-brown-hemptopssliver-organic
I forgot to add: if buying from Etsy be sure you read description carefully and only get “degummed” hemp. I’d stick to non-dyed, so look for cream to light brownish “natural” colors. And organic.

Also, this dude is making very cool looking stashes. Gotta get some pink and gold in there to match the new Ms
https://www.etsy.com/listing/741390590/dynavap-dinky-ds92-ds109-pour-designer

Last edited:

david8613

I forgot to add: if buying from Etsy be sure you read description carefully and only get “degummed” hemp. I’d stick to non-dyed, so look for cream to light brownish “natural” colors. And organic.

Also, this dude is making very cool looking stashes. Gotta get some pink and gold in there to match the new Ms
https://www.etsy.com/listing/741390590/dynavap-dinky-ds92-ds109-pour-designer

that is so cool! I like the debowler idea. I looking around this site and saw this, now this is cool too!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/755676...e-induction-heater?ref=similar_items-30&frs=1

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Due to the fact that I don't want the clickers to touch my herb, and sometimes the new crimp will snap on to the tip and I have to struggle to remove a hot cap. I take a pair of pliers to put a slight bend in the digger so it fits into the fins so it can still be removed, but holds it off the clickers from the load. It has an added benefit it keeps the cap from snapping on when using a Pipes IH with push down switch in the vial. Doc

Good luck.
E=MC2 I’m a big advocate!

“M” = FUNCTIONAL MEDICAL DEVICE
Sneaky Pete has colored “M”’s?

seki

Good luck.

Is this a consistent issue with new caps? I've never had one of my old caps stuck to a tip unless it's been dropped.

I generally never need to remove them when using dry herb, but when using the Dynacoil, I've found these to be very helpful when dealing with a hot cap. They should also be helpful in the case of a stuck cap as well I think:
thimbles.jpg

You can kind of see the tail-end of me using them in one of the videos I posted earlier, but I cut out most of that section due to blurriness.

https://www.dritz.com/product/thermal-thimbles/

I originally intended to use the cheaper rubber type that are used for paper shuffling in offices, but I was concerned about potential heat issues and melting with those and went with heat resistant silicone instead. Personally, I think Dynavap should slap their logo on these and bundle them in with their Dynacoil/Tip/Cap kits.

smoov

Help me out - Got a 2018 M for $35 on PIU, and I'm truly hating it.

I'm used to a crafty where I hit a button and everything works.

The cap is super loose and falls off if the dynavap is horizontal to the ground. It pops off on the heatup click. I was able to squeeze it to make it tighter (.....I shouldn't have to do this. Why does your product arrive to me, and now I have to deform it to make it work?), but after a couple cycles it's loose again and I don't know how to fix.

I watched a review of this device on sneakypete's youtube channel. He says you can use "anything" as a heat source... "even a candle". Well ok, my first night all I had was a candle. Tried a couple cycles and got some terps but no vapor and no effects.

Oooookay. Here I am driving to a headshop to spend $25 on butane torches. Hrm, I'm quickly gonna spend more on butane than the vape is worth... A single flame and a tri-flame ought to do it... Hrm, nope. Rolling, "inifinite spinning", no matter what, and no matter how intense the heat source, I can't get any significant vapor or effects. I'm holding the cap at a 45 degree angle and heating near the bottom of the cap with a tri-flame torch. That should get me HUGE hits. Nope, nothing...

What is with the hole? Dynvap's official site says do NOT cover the hole. But then the vapcap functions as the cap alone, no air hole... so... according to your own design, it's not necessary... Some people say cover it, some people say feather it, some people say always keep it open. When I keep it closed (the OPPOSITE of how dynavap instructs me to, but clearly how the intended it to be used) the pull resistance is insane. I can't possibly get enough airflow to even get air into my lungs - in other words I'm pulling for air so hard, fighting for it, but my lungs are like "no we need more oxygen" so I have to stop hitting it to take in air for myself.

I would use it to taste terps but never for vapor production or psychological effects. Even worse, after a couple heating cycles and NO VAPOR, I open up my device and my cannabis has been browned as if it sat in a Volcano for multiple sessions. Into the AVB pile you go, I guess that was completely wasted. I've probably lost at least an eighth to this.

In other words every single aspect of this vape has been disappointing.
  • It's not cheap - you have to buy torches. Anything with a battery is going to be cheaper than a dynavap on a long enough timeline.
  • It's not stealthy - Butane torches are bright and loud. My crafty vibrates silently. I mean, vape carts have ended this discussion, but, yeah. A huge CLICK FWOOM is not subtle.
  • It's not safe - Product gets insanely hot, cannot be pocketed or handled casually while in use. 99% of portable vapes can do this, dynavap can't.
  • It requires a huge learning curve - Hundreds of other vapes perform way better straight out of the box.
  • It doesn't work well - its just not a versatile as everyone claims.
I really wish I could like this vape. I am tempted to upload a video of me using it, because I either got a faulty unit or you are all delusional. This is one of the worst vaping experiences I've ever had, and I used a MFLB for 4 years!!!!

Help me like this vaporizer, people. I don't want to hate it but right now I really, really, really hate it and I'm so mad I paid for it.

Last edited:

Schlumples

Resident Otter

The cap is super loose and falls off if the dynavap is horizontal to the ground. It pops off on the heatup click. I was able to squeeze it to make it tighter (.....I shouldn't have to do this. Why does your product arrive to me, and now I have to deform it to make it work?), but after a couple cycles it's loose again and I don't know how to fix.

I watched a review of this device on sneakypete's youtube channel. He says you can use "anything" as a heat source... "even a candle". Well ok, my first night all I had was a candle. Tried a couple cycles and got some terps but no vapor and no effects.

Oooookay. Here I am driving to a headshop to spend $25 on butane torches. Hrm, I'm quickly gonna spend more on butane than the vape is worth... A single flame and a tri-flame ought to do it... Hrm, nope. Rolling, "inifinite spinning", no matter what, and no matter how intense the heat source, I can't get any significant vapor or effects. I'm holding the cap at a 45 degree angle and heating near the bottom of the cap with a tri-flame torch. That should get me HUGE hits. Nope, nothing...

What is with the hole? Dynvap's official site says do NOT cover the hole. But then the vapcap functions as the cap alone, no air hole... so... according to your own design, it's not necessary... Some people say cover it, some people say feather it, some people say always keep it open. When I keep it closed (the OPPOSITE of how dynavap instructs me to, but clearly how the intended it to be used) the pull resistance is insane. I can't possibly get enough airflow to even get air into my lungs - in other words I'm pulling for air so hard, fighting for it, but my lungs are like "no we need more oxygen" so I have to stop hitting it to take in air for myself.

I would use it to taste terps but never for vapor production or psychological effects. Even worse, after a couple heating cycles and NO VAPOR, I open up my device and my cannabis has been browned as if it sat in a Volcano for multiple sessions. Into the AVB pile you go, I guess that was completely wasted. I've probably lost at least an eighth to this.

• It's not cheap - you have to buy torches. Anything with a battery is going to be cheaper than a dynavap on a long enough timeline.
  • It's not stealthy - Butane torches are bright and loud. My crafty vibrates silently. I mean, vape carts have ended this discussion, but, yeah. A huge CLICK FWOOM is not subtle.
  • It's not safe - Product gets insanely hot, cannot be pocketed or handled casually while in use. 99% of portable vapes can do this, dynavap can't.
  • It requires a huge learning curve - Hundreds of other vapes perform way better straight out of the box.
I really wish I could like this vape. I am tempted to upload a video of me using it, because I either got a faulty unit or you are all delusional. This is one of the worst vaping experiences I've ever had, and I used a MFLB for 4 years!!!!

Help me like this vaporizer, people. I don't want to hate it but right now I really, really, really hate it and I'm so mad I paid for it.
Given your attitude/tone, I'd personally suggest setting it aside and going back to your S&B. I hated that thing and it caused me to give up on vaping for years - goes to show we're all different.

I'm not trying to be unhelpful but your post rubs me the wrong way - more importantly, I literally have no idea why you're not getting vapor. It sounds like you've put in the research already and are mostly doing the right things (ditch the tri-torch though, IMO - your rationale makes sense but it's actually the reverse: a single flame will heat slower/more thoroughly = bigger rips).

But please don't come in here making claims like "it's not safe" - :o - or "it's not as versatile as everyone claims." Yes, it is. One person's poor experience doesn't negate this. I would also disagree on the huge learning curve - subjective though, for sure.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

I just peeked into that video again and in no way does George say you'll have to leave the airport open. It seems to me like you should watch it again – most users will feather the airport or just roll the DV to achieve different kinds of vapor / air ratio.

With my first M I bought a torch lighter for 5 bucks and a can of good lighter fluid for the same price – the can lasted me about ten months, the lighter still works fine.
There are definitely lighters out there which are not that loud – what are you using? Either way, the Dynavaps do not aim to be stealthy, wouldn't work even when your lighter makes no noise.
Is that something you didn't see coming? Did you actually expect to the able to torch a metal pipe and then put it in your pocket?
Well, „huge“. Too huge for you maybe, but it works fine for thousands of others – when I got my first M, I was still a vape noob, first session made me give up joints entirely. I have recommended Dynavaps successfully to people who have never vaped before. I don't want to downplay your experience at all and I'm sure the Dynavaps are not for everybody, but your generalization is not appropriate at all.

Again: maybe not for you. I've been using my Omni XL for over a year exclusively and only bought another device because I found it hard to share DVs with others.

But what can we do? Not every device is for everybody. Also: you wasted $35, that's not very much to be angry about.

dendamper

Let's agree to disagree!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@smoov
You should read thru the best of thread in its entirety.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/
And while reading it, take a look at @Squiby signature and look at all those links as well (some may be overlap, but lots of helpful info).

Take a deep breath, understand that this is NEVER going to perform like an electronic vape (although getting an Induction Heater would get you closer). It is a different animal that takes nuance, patience and a little time.
If you can’t accept that, this will never work for you and just chalk it up to a lesson learned (and for $35 - not nearly as expensive as others have coughed up for a dud).
Give us some specific questions and we can help you more.
Good luck. Luckily there are many other vapes to choose from if this isn’t right for you.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Given that you already have a crafty, I suggest just sticking with what you know. Different vapes just hit different for different endusers. I can find 100 people who call the MFLB their favorite vape when I can't say I like it too much. Likewise, the people who frequent this thread will disagree with your opinion.

From what you said, you sound like you're doing everything right (except for a few things I noticed, so if you want, I can elaborate on that), so maybe your dissatisfaction is affecting how you handle the vapcap or... It just might not be a good fit for you. I think the dynavap is better for those of us who smoked for a looong time using joints, blunts, and one hitters, so we don't really see the "cons" you listed as an issue. If you're a recent vaporent and don't remember the last 15+ years of illegalization, then I understand your perspective if the Crafty is your main driver (I know people who were never smokers before it started becoming legalized, and I know they'd hate the vapcap).

For $35, though, I would keep it as a camping vape just in case your crafty battery dies. Thanks for sharing your experience, though. I think it's important that we see reviews other than, "This vape LITERALLY saved my marriage" and such comments constantly, because the issues you have with it are legit and reasons that certain uses might not want to go with a dynavap.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@smoov - fellow LB user here. love the box!
Don't pack your bowl
I put an "S" shaped wire in the bottom of my '18 cap to allow easier draws Works a wonder. In '19M they added 'breathers'.
Hear ya on the fit of the cap. Got 2 '19M's and the caps just fell off. DV really should put an inspection in for this. Sad to hear they loosen again. That would void my '19M's from use. So far the squeeze is holding.
And I use my VC with fine ground top shelf herb (LB finish grind or better). That is hard to draw. And I don't their condenser or the stem. The right temperature I can sense immediately. And I draw hard for my vape. But first I need to know the temp is within reason. You known the vape is there so now draw air. Try a little less herb and definitely don't pack. I draw the dry herb into the bowl so it doesn't to dense while loading.

Induction heaters really are a wonderful tool for VapCaps. It bypasses the conduction from cap to bowl and warms up the bowl directly. Now you get your conduction vape while the air being drawn is doing the convection vape. There are several offerings and seem to be backlogged. A DIY IH is great if you have the ability.

And that is why I like my LB! What a free breathing monster. But the VC has its place for sure. I still use mine everyday for medicating. Both take a bit of intervention during the session to get the most out of them. I do need a bigger hitter in my collection. And that is not VAS talking.

Come check out the mods we're working on in the LB forum.

Last edited:

MAbud

1st night with the BB9 was interesting and a bit of a mixed bag...

The cooling aspect work. Even through water I noticed a cooler hit. I didn't know I needed that, but I liked it.

Not a fan of the mixed 10mm and 14mm. It doesn't fit anything well. I would rather pick a size and let me use an adapter.

The extra height was an unforeseen issue. I have a few glass tips from @Ed's TnT that are awesome! An a few Omni's. The extra height of the BB9 brings the heat source much closer to my face while drawing. I could feel the heat. While you could use a larger WP I dont love that idea because there is kind of a max hit size with a DV since it is not continually heated. And a big pieces just means reducing flavor even further.

Top Bottom