Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Are those people denying any merits of volume/length of path/water conditioning?

No, you don't understand the merits of those – yes, filtration and a cooling vapor path will condition the vapor, but it won't „purify” it. All it does is cooling it down. And guess what happens if you cool down vapor? It condenses, and what you see in the condenser (!) is the condensate. Why do you even vape if you don't accept the health benefits it offers? :-)

To be honest, many YouTube personalities, who advertise vaps, have that raspy, moist, gurgling voice that is a sign that their vaping habit is affecting their physiology.

I don't really know of any gurgling yt-reviewers, but I'm sure they used to smoke or even still smoke quite a bit.

My body makes it loud and clear that it isn't.

Then listen to it and stop listening to us. You don't seem to mind our attempts to explain anyway.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4456813/

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Speaking of purity, I've used my M a handful of times now and it seems to be working fine in terms of producing vapor but I've found the "hot metal" smell/taste a little distracting. I guess it's not surprising – it is hot metal after all – but is this something that burns off or diminishes with use? I'm not sure if it's the cap or tip or body, but I wonder if a BB9 would help. Anyone notice this or am I just sensitive to this odor?
find a friend who has an ultrasonic cleaner. folks use them to cleans glassesm toothbrushs etc. Take the metal VC apart and throw it al in the cleaner, with a drop of dawn dish soap. rinse in water and dry completely...esp the cap

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I find the vapor from the M of an insufficient purity, and have been using a small piece of bristle pipe cleaner inside of the condenser tube as a filler. That helped a lot. I was happy to see the introduction of the BB9 line. It has improved the experience greatly over the M - the vapor quality was much higher.

I have not tried it myself, but maybe this technique could also help with your vapor quality experience.

I have a very sensitive lungs (severe chronic lifelong asthmatic) and have found that mouth pulls and degummed hemp fiber filters create a very smooth, cool, non irritating vapour.

Take a few inches of degummed hemp fiber.
p7vVxSX.jpg

Moisten one end and wind it like you are preparing to thread a needle. Place it between your thumb and index finger and wind it round and round between your two fingers to create a flat round filter.
l70Hzpn.jpg

Stuff this into the bottom of your bowl. This filter will effectively remove any tiny particles that may otherwise get through your screen and into your lungs. It also keeps your condenser surprisingly clean and clear of debris.

The mouth pull technique provides a cooler fresher vapor inhale. Dial down to a tight air restriction and cover the carb for most of the toke. Pull the vapor into your mouth without inhaling, like you would when puffing on a cigarette or cigar. Near the end of the pull, open or feather the carb to bring the last of the vapor into your mouth along with that pulse of fresh carb air, then open your mouth, remove the Vapcap and inhale the vapour and fresh air into your lungs. Exhale. Repeat.

Use a filter. Take short mouth pulls versus long tokes and incorporate fresh air.

This technique, for me, gets me where I want to be with no lung irritation. It is the smoothest, coolest vapor I have ever experienced in a vape. Because of this and all the other inherent characteristics of this ingenious device, my VAS is now only focused on Dynavap parts and accessories.

I have zero desire to try out any other vape. The Vapcap checks all my boxes and then some.

If you experience lung irritation, try this technique.
bofc.png

I also read a while ago on this thread(I think) of someone using degummed hemp fiber to fit a DV tip into a glass stem.

Those new glass beaded stems from DV are on my to buy list for sure. :love:

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Good strategy. I use mine.

Like you say, squeaky clean, it Dawned for me. Specially the 3x.

oooh, 3x...! I use the US cleaner to get the metal taste and machining gu out of a new metal VC. For inuse cleaning, the usual proceedures apply. I actually dont clean all that often, I am a low dose, light hitter user. I have noticed that I am getting more ccd buildup with my ss tip, with some straibs, using the IH heater.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
:whip: @Planck - I'm in the "extra length draw tube" camp (today). That works for me without fail regardless of how hot the cap gets. However, I can see how an inner-cooler could extend the path-length by quite a bit. Not that it actually takes on the heat but the fact that a helical path is a lot longer than straight shot to the tongue or throat. I am not sold on 'turbulence' as a means to cool the path. I'm not after having my hard earned vape attach itself to non-biological elements.

@danielj - Easiest and most complete means to remove all organics and processing fluids is a hot flame. Also the easiest way to clean contaminated stainless steel. We don't have to worry about accidentally annealing the metals. Just torch it glowing red hot and there will be stainless steel and carbon particles remaining awaiting their being blown away.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I have not tried it myself, but maybe this technique could also help with your vapor quality experience.

I also read a while ago on this thread(I think) of someone using degummed hemp fiber to fit a DV tip into a glass stem.

Those new glass beaded stems from DV are on my to buy list for sure. :love:
Nice digging into the way-back-machine @TheThriftDrifter . A natural screen using hemp fiber. And yes, someone did mention using hemp fiber to make up for loose o-ring fit of the VC.

I might have to try that. I wonder where one could buy degummed hemp fiber locally.

Socks And Sandals

Ok guys, I've tried to like this vape but I just can't. I have been through single, double, and triple flame torches, almost two cans of butane and I've already given up. I have watched every video out there on how to heat this thing but I'm not getting satisfactory results. Yeah the effects are there, but the biggest clouds I get are whispy at best. This isn't fucking rocket science but I can't get clouds out of this thing and not once was even able to produce a CLOUD WORTHY HIT out of my rig either.

I should have known what I was getting into.. and should have bought the M. I went into this knowing that I hate the routine of using a lighter and still made the plunge. On a scale of 1/10 the Omnivap XL gets about a 6.5 from me. I'm sorry but I'm unable to produce the clouds I see in these videos.

I have used the Omni vap once an evening (for over a month now) before really getting baked with my Evo, which does the job consistently for me unlike having to struggle with a torch. It's been about a month now and I can safely say that this will be the last butane powered vape I ever buy personally.

My biggest hang up over my displeasure of using this device? I can't get big extractions... no matter what I do. Either there is something wrong with the device or my expectations are too high because I have NEVER GOT A BONG WORTHY hit out of this device. Not EVER...

Sorry guys, I tried to like this vape, I really did... but it just doesn't replace a plug in device that gives outstanding results "consistently" unlike this device.

I'm done with it. Sorry I tried my very best to like it..
To each their own.

Thanks to those that tried to help, but this vape's inconsistency just isn't cutting it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Planck

believes in Dog
:whip: @Planck - I'm in the "extra length draw tube" camp (today). That works for me without fail regardless of how hot the cap gets. However, I can see how an inner-cooler could extend the path-length by quite a bit. Not that it actually takes on the heat but the fact that a helical path is a lot longer than straight shot to the tongue or throat. I am not sold on 'turbulence' as a means to cool the path. I'm not after having my hard earned vape attach itself to non-biological elements.

TD, I agree with all your points. :cheers:
Your last line, excellent. :lmao::rofl:
I've got tubing in my cart. :brow:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Ok guys, I've tried to like this vape but I just can't. I have been through single, double, and triple flame torches, almost two cans of butane and I've already given up. I have watched every video out there on how to heat this thing but I'm not getting satisfactory results. Yeah the effects are there, but the biggest clouds I get are whispy at best. This isn't fucking rocket science but I can't get clouds out of this thing and not once was even able to produce a CLOUD WORTHY HIT out of my rig either.

I should have known what I was getting into.. and should have bought the M. I went into this knowing that I hate the routine of using a lighter and still made the plunge. On a scale of 1/10 the Omnivap XL gets about a 6.5 from me. I'm sorry but I'm unable to produce the clouds I see in these videos.

I have used the Omni vap once an evening (for over a month now) before really getting baked with my Evo, which does the job consistently for me unlike having to struggle with a torch. It's been about a month now and I can safely say that this will be the last butane powered vape I ever buy personally.

My biggest hang up over my displeasure of using this device? I can't get big extractions... no matter what I do. Either there is something wrong with the device or my expectations are too high because I have NEVER GOT A BONG WORTHY hit out of this device. Not EVER...

Sorry guys, I tried to like this vape, I really did... but it just doesn't replace a plug in device that gives outstanding results "consistently" unlike this device.

To each their own.

I may be offering this up for $150 in the market place, ebay and/or Amazon soon if anyone is interested. Whole kit with stash, dyna coil, 5 lighters, extra cap and butane.

Thanks to those that tried to help, but this vape's inconsistency just isn't cutting it for me.

I understand your reluctance for lighters and such. You can easily raise the bar on getting more
Than a wisp with a consistant Induction Heater. :spliff:

It’s an entirely brave new world.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

To each their own.

Let’s be honest?
I like the “M” when I have time for one rip.
Flame; Batteries or Plug-in?
Use the tool to get the job done?
Plug in I prefer, however sometimes just a quick rip does the job?

TommyDee

Vaporitor

To each their own.

I can't get bong hits with the VC either and I was doing that just 3 months ago. Tolerance and capacity has never been a problem. Biggest problem I dealt with was smokin' myself straight, which happens! But on my first vape rip I put the bong down. That was a lowly Launch Box. Took one more combustion toke when the LB needed repair and before the evening was out, I had a replacement Launch Box. Not looking back!

But the VC is a small bowl, hard to draw if you cover its a-hole, and why wouldn't you! Never been a fan of dilution of any kind. Like you, give me the goods! Here too is your level of control - a lighter to listen for a click, a click that characterizes your particular cap, and determine the quality of the heating the taste and temperature of consumed matter. I've sucked a VC dry in 3 heatings... and that was accidentally on purpose. Risk of combustion high but I went the full 3 seconds over the click on the IH. That was the rip I've been questing. One session, 3 rips and my head was really spinning. But the VC won't give that easily. The MFLB doesn't give that up easily. Needless to say, I still need a vape that can decimate a 1/4G bud in one or two draws and repeat it immediately. I haven't found that vape yet. But for the time being, the VC is above all else, fun. Weird but true. Unique in its modularity and its utility for adaptation allows endless creativity. That's not a good reason to drop a bill on one, but if you did, there will always be a small bowl that can adapt to a lot of devices in your collection. It could even be used for your bong, and you'd quickly realize just how small that load is. Add to that the fact that only 20% of that plant matter may be converted to vape. In my book, that's a pretty small toke even in combustion terms.

I am actually struggling with dosing exclusively with the VC. It takes some real effort to rip the spirit from a half gram of cannabis buds! For now I mix it up between the LB and VC. I doubt either one minds :clap:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud

To each their own.

No need for any apologies dude.

Each one of us are on this vape journey, finding what works and what doesn't.

I'm a light weight, so a small bowl sits me fine.

Although now I want to try an evo. :nod:

:peace:

Top Bottom