danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@danielj
Have you got a pic of the "IST" for the tip/CCD? I remember hearing it mentioned, but never saw it.

I'm currently using a small "straw" and a piece from a stylus pocket clip, for CCD management right now. :rofl:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:
IMG-7599.jpg

The IST 1 makes removing and setting the ccd a consistantly easy and sucessful operation

if you are interested pm me.. ill send pics and instructions. I believe I have one left from the first batch

Raphael De La Ghetto

I cannot recommend the Dynavap Spikey Cooling Stem by Glass Charlie enough. I received it from @VGOODIEZ in addition to two of Ed's TNT water pipe adapters. Well, I've barely touched the adapters!

This glass stem (I got the medium model) provides giant, tasty clouds. It even does so from the very first heating of my induction unit. An absolute powerhouse, and a quick way to medicate.

dampo

So @danielj made me this stand alone MP. I put it on my 2mmXL and its really nice without a condenser. @danielj doesn't think there is demand for an MP like this.

Would you go condenser-less with an M, TI or Vong if you had a slick MP?
I have been working extensively with regular and exotic woods, working with these woods often exposes one to some nasty respiratory or skin effects and can also lead to sensitising yourself to a particular reaction.
So I'd definitely advise against letting hot air passing over this wood and then inhaling this mixture!
To get an idea, this lists some of the toxic timbers.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I have been working extensively with regular and exotic woods, working with these woods often exposes one to some nasty respiratory or skin effects and can also lead to sensitising yourself to a particular reaction.
So I'd definitely advise against letting hot air passing over this wood and then inhaling this mixture!

That's an interesting read. Cheers for the link. :)

Come over to the Dark Side @danielj, :borg:

Sorry didn't mean to call you out or pressure you. You know I'm just a fan boy trying to spread the love. If I have the one and only, I will cherish it.

My @danielj's
Daniel-JMPs.jpg

Nice handfull you've got there. Real nice. :tup:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
was it that obvious? :p

that really, really hurt. so dumb. all part of the dynavap fun though. when I first started I was also so sure that I would never combust. :rofl:

I've never almost hit the wrong end of my DV's. Got a few combusts under my belt.

My Kryptonite is lighting the wrong end of cigarettes. :rofl:

I lost count of how many times, over the years, but more than I'd care to admit t . :lol: :nod:

@dampo Very useful list! Thx for sharing. :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf: :wave:

stark1

Lonesome Planet

Gives me reason to use a SS/or glass liner (condenser) with my stems;the stem serves as decorative dressing,
Making for attractive eye candy, but with no interaction with the vapor.

Our lungs deserve preservation.

Might be good to list non-toxic woods instead of the toxic.

Also, will spit on the mouthpiece cause a chemical reaction with some species, and
Cause irritation on the cellular level.

Just went to the funeral of a non-smoker who had lung cancer from second hand smoke in her workplace.

They say vaping (e-cigs) has taken 10 lives in the US at present; Massachusetts has out-lawed vaporizer $ALES to minors....

Last edited:

StringTheorista

They say vaping (e-cigs) has taken 10 lives in the US at present; Massachusetts has out-lawed vaporizer $ALES to minors....

Leafly has been doing great investigative reporting on the e-cig/cartridge story. Long but good read:

Journey of a Tainted Vape Cartridge: A Leafly Investigation
https://www.leafly.com/news/politic...ain-investigation-leafly?cacheBuster=justOnce

Back to topic: vaping flower, especially in a vapcap ;) is a safer choice than cartridges whose provenance you don’t know

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Come over to the Dark Side @danielj, :borg:

Sorry didn't mean to call you out or pressure you. You know I'm just a fan boy trying to spread the love. If I have the one and only, I will cherish it.

My @danielj's
Daniel-JMPs.jpg
no worries bro you keep right on challenging my preconceptions - keeps my brain elastic.

That stanalone does look good in there with the red rings

Forgotten that youve bought so many mps - thanks

That first shorty stem looks great with that mp really great
I will need to reconsider the short stems Is that an early woodscents?

Planck

believes in Dog
will spit on the mouthpiece cause a chemical reaction with some species, and
Cause irritation on the cellular level.

Definitely, I am a species and it annoys the hell out of me causing irritation at a cellular level in my brain pan! :rockon:

Massachusetts has banned "all vape products" period, in state, out of state all sales and all products. I don't think e-cig sales to minors has ever been legal anywhere in the USA.

Just went to the funeral of a non-smoker who had lung cancer from second hand smoke in her workplace.

Gotta call bullshit of that too, sorry Stark1. Not that you went to the funeral of course I believe that. My condolences if this was a friend.

How about them vapcaps! :brow:

Planck,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@dampo this site has more info
https://www.wood-database.com/
The main problem is with the dust and I'd advise anyone turning to buy a forced air face shield.

A request came for a 150mm one piece in one of the loveliest but worst offenders, Cocobolo.
I asked if the person had any sensitivity issues before making it. Even though the stem was turned, sanded, Iso wiped and given a good few coats of wax I still asked the question.

A quick rayon cocktail, no charred flavour. Not as abuseable as the Dynacoil heat wise but it works.
Been enjoying a bit of Verb T today.

@Planck no idea why, sorry. See if this works.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B24q8IXnAEV/?igshid=w4bd01yv069c
Or paste this in your browser
youtu.be/9N2sSu8RefM

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
“Massachusetts is the first state to implement an emergency ban on all vaping products.”

I am screwed. Meant to go to pick up some darts over the weekend. Ah, well. back to
Flowers. 97% THC had me giggling....

Last edited:

dampo

@dampo this site has more info
https://www.wood-database.com/
The main problem is with the dust and I'd advise anyone turning to buy a forced air face shield.
You're right to make the distinction; properly sealed wood should not pose a problem.
My reaction was to the notion of just removing the condenser and let the hot air flow past whatever would happened to be in the way.

he
Leafly has been doing great investigative reporting on the e-cig/cartridge story. Long but good read:

Journey of a Tainted Vape Cartridge: A Leafly Investigation
https://www.leafly.com/news/politic...ain-investigation-leafly?cacheBuster=justOnce
Thank you for the link, great article, thorough investigation.
I was just looking for something as comprehensive as this article, trying to convince some people around me not to just give up vaping e cigs, just because of the public scare.
One has to just make sure you buy it through the proper channels.
I wish this had been around the umpteen times I tried to quit smoking.........
it took a triple bypass to achieve that goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@dampo my first 150mm Padauk stem had no condenser. The reclaim was bright red this started me thinking WTF leeched out of this bright red wood to make the reclaim the same colour.
Which in turn started me thinking about wooden vapes that impart a flavour, again WTF is causing this flavour.
Oils I'd imagine.
I've spent good money on tasty extracts or weed why would I want it to taste of anything else, especially a substance I'd imagine isn't good to be inhaling.

dampo

@dampo my first 150mm Padauk stem had no condenser. The reclaim was bright red this started me thinking WTF leeched out of this bright red wood to make the reclaim the same colour.
Which in turn started me thinking about wooden vapes that impart a flavour, again WTF is causing this flavour.
Oils I'd imagine.
I've spent good money on tasty extracts or weed why would I want it to taste of anything else, especially a substance I'd imagine isn't good to be inhaling.
I guess padouk is a special case, it actually really seems to bleed!
but apart from inhaling the dust, which is always a hazard of course, I think the health hazards are manageable, I have been using a padouk cutting board for the last 20 odd years or so without any problems.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Do you mean 75 heating cycles.

Interesting glass (liner/condenser) mouthpiece—is it designed to stick out of the stem? :sherlock:

Be good if the Apollo had its porthole situated like the PSM, so it can be belt EDC. :tup:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
OK. Please enlighten as to the significance of the 75 clicks.....:ko:

(Your Apollo clicked, or it caused the heated VapCap to click 75 times? —Got2
Goback 2bed):zzz:

Interesting stems. If I had a wood lathe I wood turn something like

Last edited:
Top Bottom