cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I feel badly for DV because with there being a flaw on some number of M19 tips, many more than that number will end up thinking their M is bad just because they are new to VapCaps and don't understand how they work (and the need for mouth pulling) and think theirs is bad when it's not. I get that some are too shallow, but newbies often think something is wrong with their Ms when there really isn't anything wrong, they are just different from what they are used to.

Vaporware

@cybrguy Yeah, I don’t want to call out any specific person because we know some have legitimate problems, but there are definitely people who just don’t get how to use it.

I’ve seen some people here try a VapCap and sell or return it while still believing that it was not possible to get thick vapor from it because they never learned to adjust the airflow or their own draw strength to get the results they wanted.

For a while after I got mine I thought it was hard to get more than wispy vapor too, and the first time I applied enough suction to really feel the heat on my tongue I thought I’d combusted, but once I got used to it I started using it for just *part* of almost every draw and I can get plenty of vapor.

I’m sure it’s been talked about a bit on Dynavap Live, but unless they already have a video carefully and explicitly explaining how to draw and what to expect as far as vapor production, draw resistance, heat in your mouth, etc. that I haven’t seen, I think that would be a good video to help new users, @VapCap . :)

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I agree that a lot of new people to Vapcaps, who have no frame of reference on the airflow, May think their M is defective when it isn’t. For those of us who have used other vapcaps, the difference is obvious. With mine I get literally no airflow with the carb closed. It’s like pulling against a ten ton weight. I swapped in a Ti tip today and there’s still draw resistance but I can feel the airflow with the carb fully closed and feel the vapor drawing into my mouth.

It’s unfortunate this happened on such a big product launch for them. I know a lot of people are trying Dynavap for the first time based on word of mouth from previous products and glowing reviews from YouTube reviewers and the like. However they’re doing the right thing and issuing replacements and are doing their best to help everyone. I hope that once this is all sorted and everyone has the replacement tips they need that the new to Dynavap customers will focus on the strength of the product and not the experience of getting a faulty device initially.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I suppose the good news is that only the M19 tip, easily identified because of the serpentine grooves, have any possibility of shallow grooves, so it is easy to suggest that anyone having a problem with "normal" grooved tip just hasn't yet gotten it dialed in. The bad news is I suspect there were a lot of M19s ordered so many may be able to misunderstand whether their M has an issue. Hopefully the number of shallow grooved tips is low.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Honestly, that's what I intended to do at the beginning , but I kind of like it that way now, and the 10 batteries I use during the process have been drained considerably, so I'm scared of not being able to reach a color that match the stem. Maybe when Costco have a sale in the 9V batteries LOL
This is not my last attempt for sure, I really like the process!! My next attempt may be on an omni 2019 :brow:

If it were me, I'd think about doing the mouthpiece and tip a different matching color.

What is the Best way to Vape Concentrates with a Dynavap and No DynaCoil ???
TY; :leaf:

I used to roll a strip of super fine stainless steel mesh that I have leftover from when I used to use it to roll into wicks for nicotine e-juice vaporizer tanks, back when I was into that sort of thing a number of years ago.

If you cut it right, you can make a little pocket for your dab in the middle, like you see here:

IMG-0107.jpg

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
I feel badly for DV because with there being a flaw on some number of M19 tips, many more than that number will end up thinking their M is bad just because they are new to VapCaps and don't understand how they work (and the need for mouth pulling) and think theirs is bad when it's not. I get that some are too shallow, but newbies often think something is wrong with their Ms when there really isn't anything wrong, they are just different from what they are used to.
Totally agree. There is a touch of a learning curve but not much. If new users would just take a little time and watch a video. Although the new instruction card is pretty strait forward. I did end up with a bad 2019m tip and seem like they kinda know where the bad run started and ended and from what I hear they are going to be responding in batches and getting replacments to those who actually got a bad one. There is a photo verify process and its fair. If you are just getting into the dynaverse even if you got a tip with a bad draw its a subtle diffrence only really only an omni or carbless user would notice. I seriously think half the people who want new ones saw a reveiw on a bad tip and ran to try to get a replacement. A pin file and 5m fixes this no problem and works fine. And to new users. Everuone has their own draw prefrence but you have to play with partially carbing or adjusting for of cap till you get draw you like. I hope this helps some newbies and those whonare really having issues. I think its good we can share when we have issues but sometimes pulls some assholes out the woodwork trying to get something free. Kinda hope they ask for an back and just remill some special edition double grooved or something lol.

Marcus

I don't think it's a newbie thing with the problems.

I've had an M for a while now and have just got an omnivong in the 420 offer and have a few issues with it...

Quite often when I dump the load, the ti screen comes out with it too, bit of a pain if I drop it on the carpet when trying to get to back in, as it takes AGES to find the little bugger!

Also the tip is that loose in the wooden body that it comes out when I try and remove the cap at times.

So not just 'newbies' having issues.

Xclerk

I don't think it's a newbie thing with the problems.

I've had an M for a while now and have just got an omnivong in the 420 offer and have a few issues with it...

Quite often when I dump the load, the ti screen comes out with it too, bit of a pain if I drop it on the carpet when trying to get to back in, as it takes AGES to find the little bugger!

Also the tip is that loose in the wooden body that it comes out when I try and remove the cap at times.

So not just 'newbies' having issues.
I dont mean to offend but all of those problems sound like newb problems to me and have been covered. I kinda went all the same stuff and was concerned a bit. As for the ti screens..well screens in general, must be flat .if you have miss shapened by repositioning often you have to re flatten. Also try flipping so the concave (if bent)side faces into the tip. As far as a loose tip its is a possible 1 of 2 issues one shot o rings from overheating or insearting the tip in without wax frequently or possibly inserting the tip into mouth end. Id just try new I rings Also 420 wasnt that long ago. When you say m do you mean the 2019 or prior. How are you emptying. The digger shouldnt go to deep. I find a debowler is perfect. A poke and a tap and good to refill. Or a tooth pick works too. As i said not trying to insult. Just trying to help. As somone who has had an issue i know they are more than willing to make things right and give pointers to help you out. I am one who did get a bad tip but simple fix and they are replacing those orders placed aroing the time of the issue tips anyway

Last edited:

Marcus

I dont mean to offend but all of those problems sound like newb problems to me and have been covered. I kinda went all the same stuff and was concerned a bit. As for the ti screens..well screens in general, must be flat .if you have miss shapened by repositioning often you have to re flatten. Also try flipping so the concave (if bent)side faces into the tip. As far as a loose tip its is a possible 1 of 2 issues one shot o rings from overheating or insearting the tip in without wax frequently or possibly inserting the tip into mouth end. Id just try new I rings Also 420 wasnt that long ago. When you say m do you mean the 2019 or prior. How are you emptying. The digger shouldnt go to deep. I find a debowler is perfect. A poke and a tap and good to refill. Or a tooth pick works too. As i said not trying to insult. Just trying to help. As somone who has had an issue i know they are more than willing to make things right and give pointers to help you out. I am one who did get a bad tip but simple fix and they are replacing those orders placed aroing the time of the issue tips anyway

I've had an M for about 18 months now. No issues with it.

The omni I got is a different matter (only a week old after UK customs had it for 10 days). I blow the spent load out into the palm of my hand and the screen is normally attached to the bottom of it. Yes it's flat and I locate it correctly but it still happens.

Also, why would I want to replace brand new o rings with brand new o rings?

There's QC issues with it, not 'newbie' issues.

I have fired them an email, so i'll wait for their feedback.

The omni I got is a different matter (only a week old after UK customs had it for 10 days). I blow the spent load out into the palm of my hand and the screen is normally attached to the bottom of it. Yes it's flat and I locate it correctly but it still happens.

I’ve actually had this happen a few times with my new Omni. Let me know what they say.

Formersmoker85

The dude abides

It's the same with my Omni-xl that i bought a couple of months ago. Each time i clean it it's a real hassle to get the fit right. Compared to my other 9 vapcaps it really is a difference.

Lately i'm so busy that i didn't made the effort to contact them.

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Happy 420 !! :leaf:

- The 12 Milli Ti -
62 mm DV compatible stem from solid Grade 2 Titanium featuring my ACC Dimple Carb, DV Titanium Condenser and a 9mm mouthpiece. Also compatible with an Omni condenser as well as XL condenser w mouthpiece .

Sorry it took so long but its been a busy week ... here are some snaps of the
The 12 Milli Ti stem I was lucky enough to win a couple of weeks ago courtesy of Andy Capp. As I mentioned in an earlier post I completed the piece with a purchase of a DV 419 cap and titanium tip. Andy provided the beautiful stem with its dimple carb as shown. Feels great to the touch and allows you to really play that carb.

20190505-104419.jpg

Also provided was a DV titanium Condenser. It was necessary to remove the tip side O-ring in order to get the carb functional as the hole sits below that top most O-ring. Not so bad as i guess I can put it back on for water pipe use. Also i think if I invest in a DV Omni XL Condenser I can use the piece along with the Omni MP and have full Omni fuctionality.

20190505-104646.jpg

Wanted to include these next two snaps to show off the workmanship of the piece. The first is the tip side "babyfaced" concave finish and the second is the 9mm mouthpiece with the inserted condenser

20190505-115759.jpg

20190505-115837.jpg

I can't say enough about the piece and the quality and perfection that went into its creation. As I said in an earlier post its heavier than the Omni stem and that is a very good thing ... just the right balance and feel all around and it hits great with strong airflow.

So one last comment on this rainy Sunday afternoon as to the DV 419 cap and its importance to me in completing the piece. I've been a NY Yankee fan since 1960 when my Grandfather would take me aside to watch Mickey Mantle and all my other heroes on a grainy black and white TV. Nobody else in Brooklyn was a Yankee fan at the time as they were long time Bklyn Dodger fans and hated the Yankees as they'd lost to them so many times in the World Series. But my grandfather was a native Napolitano Italian and saw Joe DiMaggio as God ... so he'd take me for walks to Coney Island and around the neighborhood and we'd talk yankee stuff ... i was forever hooked ... In 1975 the Yankees brought up a young left handed starter named Ron Guidry who played a huge part in returning the team to its championship winning ways. In 1978 he won 25 games and only lost 3 and also won the Cy Young award. He always was an will be one of my favorite all time players not only for his heroics on the field but also for his soft spoken Lafayette Louisiana ways. He was nicknamed by his teammates "Gator", and by New York City "Louisiana Lightning" and his number was #49.

Sorry for the long aside but when I saw the new DV 419 cap, I like so many others must have, I saw 49. Dont get me wrong as I'm totally behind DV and the good thoughts that went into the design of the 419 cap, but I immediately thought of Ron Guidry and how I'd like to get it to remember him. Within a day or two the contest happened and I won the 12 Milli Ti and set about building my dream piece. I've appropriately imho renamed it "Louisiana Lightning" ...

Only problem is that its too beautiful to take a torch to just yet so I've been using it with my old Omni tip and cap ... my plan is to christen the complete piece on the night of June 17th which will mark the 41st anniversary of Guidry's 18 strikeout performance which is still a Yankee record ...

Thanks again Andy for your beautiful piece of art ...

20190505-115940.jpg

20190428-085129.jpg

Jeeshy

I think my M 2019 tip is fine, I loved it and It's still getting use with the dynacoil :) But I definitely wouldn't go back now that I've tried the titanium tip. It really is night and day airflow wise, It makes such a big difference in a bong, so much less resistance, same great vapor :)

The CCD has yet to fall out thankfully, I did notice it loose when I got it, But a little nudge with a poker clicked it into the groove and it has been secure since.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I think the Ti tip is the single biggest upgrade you can make to the Vapcap. Personally I’m excited to add the XL condenser and mouthpiece to my 2019 body with Ti tip, but that’s just a preference for a slightly longer M with more titanium. The Ti tip alone makes the single biggest performance difference.

jbm

I think the Ti tip is the single biggest upgrade you can make to the Vapcap. Personally I’m excited to add the XL condenser and mouthpiece to my 2019 body with Ti tip, but that’s just a preference for a slightly longer M with more titanium. The Ti tip alone makes the single biggest performance difference.
I contacted DV about my 2019M tip via the form on the website, but I was running it yesterday through a bong on a glass charlie long stem with a fat mouthpiece and was getting lovely big tasty clouds. Was nice. I'm thinking that maybe my tip is fine, and if DV tells me that I don't have a problem with it that's ok. It does have less airflow than my Karmavap or my 2018M which I built with a Ti tip. I will probably just buy another Ti tip; it is the best upgrade you can get. It heats and cools faster.

I also have a 419 cap and I'm mixed on it; it was very loose when I got it and when I did the squeeze it clicked. I don't know if that damaged it. It clicks once when it reaches heat and twice when it cools on the 2019 M SS tip. Every other cap I have clicks twice for both heating and cooling.

Last edited:

Xclerk

The 12 Milli Ti stem I was lucky enough to win a couple of weeks ago courtesy of Andy Capp. As I mentioned in an earlier post I completed the piece with a purchase of a DV 419 cap and titanium tip. Andy provided the beautiful stem with its dimple carb as shown. Feels great to the touch and allows you to really play that carb.

20190505-104419.jpg

Also provided was a DV titanium Condenser. It was necessary to remove the tip side O-ring in order to get the carb functional as the hole sits below that top most O-ring. Not so bad as i guess I can put it back on for water pipe use. Also i think if I invest in a DV Omni XL Condenser I can use the piece along with the Omni MP and have full Omni fuctionality.

20190505-104646.jpg

Wanted to include these next two snaps to show off the workmanship of the piece. The first is the tip side "babyfaced" concave finish and the second is the 9mm mouthpiece with the inserted condenser

20190505-115759.jpg

20190505-115837.jpg

I can't say enough about the piece and the quality and perfection that went into its creation. As I said in an earlier post its heavier than the Omni stem and that is a very good thing ... just the right balance and feel all around and it hits great with strong airflow.

So one last comment on this rainy Sunday afternoon as to the DV 419 cap and its importance to me in completing the piece. I've been a NY Yankee fan since 1960 when my Grandfather would take me aside to watch Mickey Mantle and all my other heroes on a grainy black and white TV. Nobody else in Brooklyn was a Yankee fan at the time as they were long time Bklyn Dodger fans and hated the Yankees as they'd lost to them so many times in the World Series. But my grandfather was a native Napolitano Italian and saw Joe DiMaggio as God ... so he'd take me for walks to Coney Island and around the neighborhood and we'd talk yankee stuff ... i was forever hooked ... In 1975 the Yankees brought up a young left handed starter named Ron Guidry who played a huge part in returning the team to its championship winning ways. In 1978 he won 25 games and only lost 3 and also won the Cy Young award. He always was an will be one of my favorite all time players not only for his heroics on the field but also for his soft spoken Lafayette Louisiana ways. He was nicknamed by his teammates "Gator", and by New York City "Louisiana Lightning" and his number was #49.

Sorry for the long aside but when I saw the new DV 419 cap, I like so many others must have, I saw 49. Dont get me wrong as I'm totally behind DV and the good thoughts that went into the design of the 419 cap, but I immediately thought of Ron Guidry and how I'd like to get it to remember him. Within a day or two the contest happened and I won the 12 Milli Ti and set about building my dream piece. I've appropriately imho renamed it "Louisiana Lightning" ...

Only problem is that its too beautiful to take a torch to just yet so I've been using it with my old Omni tip and cap ... my plan is to christen the complete piece on the night of June 17th which will mark the 41st anniversary of Guidry's 18 strikeout performance which is still a Yankee record ...

20190505-115940.jpg

20190428-085129.jpg
Wow he does make gorgeous peices. Cant wait till a mainstream release. I was hoping to win lol

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

20190505-104419.jpg

20190505-104646.jpg

20190505-115759.jpg

20190505-115837.jpg

20190505-115940.jpg

That's beautiful, my friend!

yeswecann

I just received my 2019 "M" and it does not Draw correctly. How long is it taking Dynavap to answer emails ?
They're not answering emails. Submit a request through the contact form. You may have to do it more than once. I did. First one was never replied to. I'm "on the replacement list" but still don't know when I'll have a functioning device. It's very frustrating.

Top Bottom