hujdimislav

My first cap from April 2017 is my favorite, it has a perfect warmup and cooldown click, still going strong.
The worst are engraved ones, cooldown click takes about a minute and a half, but suitable for a sip and dip technique.

About to enjoy the day off with my Biovapo vape acting like a long glass stem ;)

2vjey3k.jpg

And a party mode for tonight

4g1bis.jpg

2iqnayc.jpg

Missing my OG ... resting in pieces :rip:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My first cap from April 2017 is my favorite, it has a perfect warmup and cooldown click, still going strong.
The worst are engraved ones, cooldown click takes about a minute and a half, but suitable for a sip and dip technique.

About to enjoy the day off with my Biovapo vape acting like a long glass stem ;)

2vjey3k.jpg

And a party mode for tonight

4g1bis.jpg

Missing my OG ... resting in pieces :rip:
I guess I’m overly satisfied with just one?
Why is da “M” perfect 4 me?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
anyone know if this might be a suitable base for a homemade IH for these? would it work off a lipo battery?
amazed someone (dynavap?) isn't making these in quantity already. if someone could get a reliable, smallish battery powered one for less than 100 bucks to market they'd sell like hot-cakes!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01C70G...41-11e9-8386-0582f4e74252&smid=A3MZ4ZESN9VPVL
$9.00 for the heater coil
$12.00 for the shell (cover)
$2.00 cord
$23.00 x 30% = $6.09 profit?

Not enough money!

ataxian,

Baron23

Well, I got my Lucid Custom Mini VC IH on Monday...USPS screwed me out of 420 delivery!! haha

https://lucidcustoms.com/collections/frontpage

This is a pic of it:

Lucid-Mini-IH.jpg

This one is smoke plexiglass and "maple" according to the manf, but if its Maple then its stained maple (and really the grain doesn't seem to be tight enough for maple) but looks like walnut. I don't care, maple was Chris of Lucid's suggestion and I like the way it looks (and its right up there with grinder color...yeah, I like the colors I picked for my BCG, but its the first time in my life I even ever thought about grinder color!! LOL.

This is a Mini. I picked that because I wanted to be untethered from the wall with it and I prefer the pressure sensitive switch in the heater (put the VC in, push down) with a small main power button on the side. I believe that some of the other models he makes, e.g. the wooden enclosure units he shows, have a larger, outside switch to turn the heat on.

The main power button is on the side of the box and its a very small, plastic, slide switch. I would rather have the rocker type power switch shown on the metal model as I think they would be more robust over the long term. The switch looks like its on the motherboard itself so there is that.....but I have not had any issues with this switch yet so this is really just negative projection on my part.

The Mini with wood top and bottom has the enclosure secured with counter sunk torx screws so you can get it open to change out the batteries after they die (as all rechargeable batteries eventually do). If you get the full acrylic enclosure...sides and top and bottom...you would have to send it back to have the batteries changed out as the enclosure is glued together.

There is a series of LEDs (red, amber, yellow, green) that show remaining battery capacity. Very pretty, but since Li ion type batteries do NOT discharge linearly, I tend to discount most all batterie indicators unless there is a LOT more smarts in these boxes than I think.

It comes with a wall wart (12v, 1 amp) with apparent overcharge protection built in. Plug it in, when the light on the wart goes from red to green you are full charged.

I have only used it for one evening's sessions but so far it works great and I'm very happy with it. I'm getting the click on the first heat cycle in approx up to 5-one-thousand count, then about up to 3-one-thousand on subsequent heat cycles (I reheat immediately upon the cool down click and do that until load is cashed).

Chris' ordering process, communications, and CS were very good. He shows on his web site that each is made to order and will take 2-3 weeks. I was expecting mine in 2 weeks based on some feedback from Chris....but it took 3 weeks in fact.....mostly due to Chris' wife needing an appendectomy. I'll give him a week for this! haha Chris did promptly return each and every email I sent when discussing customization, order delivery, and some product questions that I had. I'm very happy with Lucid's responsiveness.

I have not had a chance to see where the batteries are for eventual change out nor the two resettable fuses (circuit breakers, maybe?) and I'm resisting the urge to pull the screws and see what's in there. Its working very well and I think I will just leave it be unless and until it doesn't.

Not much else to say about it....its a very nice package, functions very well, and the transaction with Lucid was perfectly acceptable in all ways.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Yes, tonight I had the ... COMBUSTION!
Maybe I didn't hear a click, the fact is that I tasted that taste of cigarette-like shit!
I removed all the o-rings and immersed M in ISO.
The final part of the tip (the one where the hood is placed) is a little blackened.
I hope I haven't made a mess. :uhoh:

TiSteamo,
Reactions: ataxian

juanavape

I have one cap that has two clicks, one at least 3 seconds after the first click. Another that has two clicks real fast within about half a second, and another that only clicks once.

All that plus sometimes I hear no click at all but still get a nice strong cool-down click shortly after touchdown on the magnet after the hit.

No worries now as I have taken Moses Baca's sage advice and have learnt to ignore the click totally. If it happens it happens if not I now have a pretty good idea where the sweet spot time-wise is approximately and haven't combusted now in about 5 or 6 sessions. Getting 3 to 4 reasonable hits and dumping out material that is always slightly greenish to perfectly coffee brown.

I think my experience with the non clicking Lotus vaporizer has probably helped a lot once I turned a deaf ear to the click.

Must agree the taste is exceptional on the first 1 or 2 hits.

Dynalowrider

By Jove! I think he's got it. I wish everyone got it as well as you two got it.
I can tell you how I use the Dynavap system, but I can not tell you how to do it. You have to learn all by yourself. Think about it, you have to do the research, (the fun part). to learn how it works.
Have you combusted with your cap? Coughed while taking a draw? If so you probably muffled the disks to one click. The caps are just a suggestion, a general idea of temperature. I know what you are going to say. Ok, Where is the temp of the cap indicated? It's a generalization.

I have difficulty understanding why someone would ask a question that has been answered five or six times in the videos, the posts, the instructions, common sense.

Jeeshy

Got my titanium tip and dyna coil!

definitely a big airflow improvement with the titanium tip over the 2019 stainless tip. I still love my stainless tip though, It will be dedicated to concentrates now :)

Dynacoil works great, I think I prefer it over my electronic wax vapes.

This M has replaced basically everything else I smoke with at this point lol.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I want to share some beautiful work by the maker @danielj . He was absolutely wonderful to work with, and I can’t recommend his custom stems and mouthpieces enough.

Here are the 3 stems he made for me. The first is modeled after the old school one hitter bat, but with a spinning mouthpiece. Is has a beautiful figure when the light hits it. The second is made from holly! Feels great in the hand. The third is probably my favorite. I actually forget the name of two of the woods, but the iridescent red accents are paduak.

This is a beautiful black acetal spinning mouthpiece made by @danielj with a carbon fiber stem made by @primitiveorganic

This is that same black acetal spinning mouthpiece made by @danielj with a glass stem made by @Monkeyhouse

And finally a white acetal spinning mouthpiece made by @danielj with a blue Kevlar stem made by @primitiveorganic

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Saw a post on Reddit where someone compares the Glass Charlie stems to the Hula stems Sneaky Pete is selling. According to them, the Hula stems have such a loose fit that the tip is at risk of falling out. They said the Glass Charlie ones were significantly superior.

hujdimislav

Saw a post on Reddit where someone compares the Glass Charlie stems to the Hula stems Sneaky Pete is selling. According to them, the Hula stems have such a loose fit that the tip is at risk of falling out. They said the Glass Charlie ones were significantly superior.

I would agree, I wasn't able to use the
Hula stem with standard black or grey O-rings. Luckily, I had some red O-rings with same diameter, but slightly ticker, and they work fine, tip stays on.

Hula stem has a ticker glass, but Glass Charlie's is more elegant and feels more natural as a mouthpiece.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
While not intended to be a pipe dream breaker, one should be aware that the GC glass
Cooling stem (I purchased) had thin walls, resulting in breakage after a day of use. YMMV

I believe @Ramahs had the same issue.

A more hardy (thicker) walled glass tubing should be used, if it is to be robust.

It is a nice cooling stem, otherwise.

PS because of the reported loosely-goosey fitting of the Hula stem, I will be taking my Hula hoop elsewhere.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I have a few BG, somewhere.

@ $1/per they are a good investment, with their variances.

I upgraded to Grav 12mm hitters, so lost sight of the BG, somewhere.

When I do find them again, it will be a nice surprise.

In the meantime, inverted spike cooling stems (with muscle) are all the rage?

xprfib.jpg

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower

Thanks! Mine (GC) are handmade from simax (german/czech) glass in the uk by me! With 3 rounds of QC i hope the fit is sufficient! Any problems dont hesistate to contact me or one of my suppliers.

While not intended to be a pipe dream breaker, one should be aware that the GC glass
Cooling stem (I purchased) had thin walls, resulting in breakage after a day of use. YMMV

I believe @Ramahs had the same issue.

A more hardy (thicker) walled glass tubing should be used, if it is to be robust.

It is a nice cooling stem, otherwise.

PS because of the reported loosely-goosey fitting of the Hula stem, I will be taking my Hula hoop elsewhere.

Sorry to hear this dude. I chose to use 10mm light walled tubing as it kept the same propertions as the orginal bodies, and therefore fitted in the various dynastashes. I now have sourced a thicker tube simmilar to yhe 12mm mediam wall tube that the competition uses (altho mine is EU made not china made) so at some point in the future i will be releasing those, probably with a few other developments too :winkyface:

Please if your very upset by the product dont hesistate to contact me or one of my supliers, i will be happy to make right any bad vibes.

Big love vapcapfam! Thanks for the support and feedback!

E2a! I believe the cooling may be better with the thinner glass, they certainly dont get hot after extended use. Ill have to rnd a lottle more! Ha!

Last edited:

Mr Turnip

Just moved house so the Evo is packed away. It's given me chance to really get the dynacoil and I'm absolutely loving it.

I'm using a stardustsailer stem with no mouth piece it fits straight into that bulbous 45 degree elbow thing from the extreme q which goes to 18mm female to drop into my DH gate helio. Lovely vape it goes off at an angle to make it nice and comfy.

Sorry I'm high

jbm

Thanks! Mine (GC) are handmade from simax (german/czech) glass in the uk by me! With 3 rounds of QC i hope the fit is sufficient! Any problems dont hesistate to contact me or one of my suppliers.

Sorry to hear this dude. I chose to use 10mm light walled tubing as it kept the same propertions as the orginal bodies, and therefore fitted in the various dynastashes. I now have sourced a thicker tube simmilar to yhe 12mm mediam wall tube that the competition uses (altho mine is EU made not china made) so at some point in the future i will be releasing those, probably with a few other developments too :winkyface:

Please if your very upset by the product dont hesistate to contact me or one of my supliers, i will be happy to make right any bad vibes.

E2a! I believe the cooling may be better with the thinner glass, they certainly dont get hot after extended use. Ill have to rnd a lottle more! Ha!
I just got a long from @VGOODIEZ and hit it last night. Very nice. Ti tip fit perfectly, good solid 4 hits. Very cool. I’ll definitely buy a v.2, or if you need testers ;)

jbm,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

I’m excited to try what you have coming next! I love my medium DV stem from you. Any chance you can get Vgoodiez to carry your RBT compatible stems?

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I want to share some beautiful work by the maker @danielj . He was absolutely wonderful to work with, and I can’t recommend his custom stems and mouthpieces enough.

Here are the 3 stems he made for me. The first is modeled after the old school one hitter bat, but with a spinning mouthpiece. Is has a beautiful figure when the light hits it. The second is made from holly! Feels great in the hand. The third is probably my favorite. I actually forget the name of two of the woods, but the iridescent red accents are paduak.

This is a beautiful black acetal spinning mouthpiece made by @danielj with a carbon fiber stem made by @primitiveorganic

This is that same black acetal spinning mouthpiece made by @danielj with a glass stem made by @Monkeyhouse

And finally a white acetal spinning mouthpiece made by @danielj with a blue Kevlar stem made by @primitiveorganic
thanks bro for posting the pics and the nice comments. Pleased that you are liking the stuff. Glad to see the acetal mouthpieces are finding good mates within your collection. I really like using them...they are smooth in the mouth, dont swell due to moisture, and are not cold to the touch like the metal mouthpieces are when used outside in wiinter temps.

A ? about that carbon stem. Is the inside a light colored grey? or dark as on the outside. I have some tubing that is grey on the inside, but havent fitted them yet for the DV tips.

Have a great weekend

Jgott56

I have a few BG, somewhere.

@ $1/per they are a good investment, with their variances.

I upgraded to Grav 12mm hitters, so lost sight of the BG, somewhere.

When I do find them again, it will be a nice surprise.

In the meantime, inverted spike cooling stems (with muscle) are all the rage?

xprfib.jpg

No problem fitting the tip in those grav chillums?

And the spinning mouthpiece fits too?

Jgott56,
Top Bottom