Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
It’s a Portside Mini.

I’ve heard the coils on those can be rather thick (I have the SJK heater with thinner coils and it takes longer). Here’s what I would do, throw the Dynavap in there empty and time how long it takes to heat up from cold, how long it takes to heat up after the first heat cycle, after the second, etc. Then load some flower in there and heat it up for 1-2 seconds less than the time you measured for the first heat up, see how it tastes. Adjust as necessary. Eventually you’ll just get a sense of how long it takes.

Squiby

"I go flying so high, when I'm ...."
Stoned.
Taxi.

And my stunning @phattpiggie Blackwood and Snakewood Square will assist me.

16h6gj8.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Same here. I really like mine too. My only disappointment is being unable to achieve good flavor hits with my IH. The Ti Tip seems to heat up too much and produces a toasty hit right away. With the torch, I get amazing flavor on the first couple of hits. Don’t have this problem using the M in my IH. Anyone else have the same issue?
I use COLAS of Granddaddy PURPLE in my “M”.
Taste pretty decent actually.

Squiby

Got a quick question. I got an Omnivap XL over the 4/19 sale and right after cleaning the vapcap and putting wax on it, I reattached it and the middle o-ring broke right away. It seems like the seal is still snug but I was wondering if its okay to keep using the titanium tip without the middle o-ring?

Yes. You'll be fine. Vapcaps are remarkably resilient and operate just fine with a few orings short of a set.

Last edited:

Hippie

The M tips take longer to heat than the Ti tips for me with Pipes' IHs
With an M tip I go about 5 seconds past the click on the 1st heat and 3 seconds after on subsequent reheats.
With a Ti tip I go 3 seconds past on the 1st dip and a second after or at the click when reheating.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The M tips take longer to heat than the Ti tips for me with Pipes' IHs
With an M tip I go about 5 seconds past the click on the 1st heat and 3 seconds after on subsequent reheats.
With a Ti tip I go 3 seconds past on the 1st dip and a second after or at the click when reheating.
I’m not in a hurry?
The “M” is perfect for me!

Squiby

My @Pipes Skelator has always needed a few extra seconds after the click whether I use a Ti tip or a SS M tip. It may have something to do with my batteries or it may be that for faster heat extraction I need to lower the bottom spacer with a bit of sandpaper.

But I'm happy to heat my cap to the click then count one, one hundred, two, one hundred, three, one hundred, four, before pulling it out for the perfect flavorful toke.

Here it is, living in a decorative paint can... Skewed sideways for your viewing pleasure...:shrug:

2evbxhc.jpg

fd7f9t.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wow. With my Flux Deluxe I pull immediately on the very first click, if not even a bit before. If I go 2-3 seconds past the click I'll have combustion. I use Ti and SS Shadow tips.
I grew CANNABIS COLAS in da 70’s and we just smoked joints?
If I had a ‘M’ walking through field’s of tail’s life would have been easier?

Better late than never?

“M” 2 me is advanced actually!
TI cycles R so cool as R golf club’s!

M=RETRO

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Same here. I really like mine too. My only disappointment is being unable to achieve good flavor hits with my IH. The Ti Tip seems to heat up too much and produces a toasty hit right away. With the torch, I get amazing flavor on the first couple of hits. Don’t have this problem using the M in my IH. Anyone else have the same issue?

Use the 'pull out early' method. ;)
Like Hacker suggests, I always had to pull out right before the click if I wanted that first amazing flavor hit.

ElPic

Take my money
I Receive my Omni XL today !!
This vape is beautiful and so lightweight, even with the omni condenser and it extra length, it feel lighter than my M. I really love the extra length of the xl too, fit good in my hands. For the performance, not a game changer for me... not for the price of this device vs the M with titanium tips....
1556672036-fd57ef1c-6879-4370-b1e5-570e6d408957.jpeg

1556672522-ddecd415-8ec5-423a-94bd-d27bd7dd6fe5.jpeg

Got a question,
I read a lot of people talk about the inability to completely close the carb on the Omni, but is it normal that I can’t completely open it?
Even at the most retract position the condenser is still higher in the tip than on my M ...
First picture is the lowest position vs M regular position. Is it normal that the carb of the omni can’t go as low as the M ??
1556672173-3d3354eb-4d45-499a-b1ee-9b5a2c81810c.jpeg

1556672173-c737faa2-d106-46eb-9f26-2d31c0e0959b.jpeg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
My “W”ee tip is my keeper, with my 7-fin 4th Gen tip. YMMV
I grew CANNABIS COLAS in da 70’s and we just smoked joints?
If I had a ‘M’ walking through field’s of tail’s life would have been easier?

Better late than never?

“M” 2 me is advanced actually!
TI cycles R so cool as R golf club’s!

M=RETRO

2ME an “M” is METRO, like the Red Line squealing to a stop @ Harvard Sq. :wave: YMMV

I’ve heard the coils on those can be rather thick (I have the SJK heater with thinner coils and it takes longer). Here’s what I would do, throw the Dynavap in there empty and time how long it takes to heat up from cold, how long it takes to heat up after the first heat cycle, after the second, etc. Then load some flower in there and heat it up for 1-2 seconds less than the time you measured for the first heat up, see how it tastes. Adjust as necessary. Eventually you’ll just get a sense of how long it takes.

Yeah, I'll try this. Makes sense, I would just prefer to not have to think about it too much. My favorite thing about the Omni is how dead simple it is to operate.

I use COLAS of Granddaddy PURPLE in my “M”.
Taste pretty decent actually.

That sounds nice. GDP is one of my favorite strains!

nodor

My only disappointment is being unable to achieve good flavor hits with my IH. The Ti Tip seems to heat up too much and produces a toasty hit right away

I believe that this is because genius george only makes a ss cap. In my IH it doesn't matter which tip I use it will click in 5.5 sec cold and 3.5 sec reheat. Titanium has higher resistance heats beyond what the cap says. When i'm using a titanium tip in the IH I go 4.5 sec and 2.5 sec and ignore cap completely. Works great for me

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I Receive my Omni XL today !!
This vape is beautiful and so lightweight, even with the omni condenser and it extra length, it feel lighter than my M. I really love the extra length of the xl too, fit good in my hands. For the performance, not a game changer for me... not for the price of this device vs the M with titanium tips....
1556672036-fd57ef1c-6879-4370-b1e5-570e6d408957.jpeg

1556672522-ddecd415-8ec5-423a-94bd-d27bd7dd6fe5.jpeg

Got a question,
I read a lot of people talk about the inability to completely close the carb on the Omni, but is it normal that I can’t completely open it?
Even at the most retract position the condenser is still higher in the tip than on my M ...
First picture is the lowest position vs M regular position. Is it normal that the carb of the omni can’t go as low as the M ??
1556672173-3d3354eb-4d45-499a-b1ee-9b5a2c81810c.jpeg

1556672173-c737faa2-d106-46eb-9f26-2d31c0e0959b.jpeg
You're omni is normal. What you have discovered is normal (confirmed by DV). I also didn't realise or expect this when I bought my omni condenser, they are longer than the normal ones so that they can close off the airflow better.
Problem for me was i like the airflow wide open always, i only purchased the omni for its strength and simplicity. (No x-rings to move and lose, and just 7 o-rings on my daily driver now, so losing one or two won't stop me)
I ended up sanding mine shorter to regular length. I'll have lost the ability to close/restrict the airflow as much, but that's fine for me.

ElPic

Take my money
You're omni is normal. What you have discovered is normal (confirmed by DV). I also didn't realise or expect this when I bought my omni condenser, they are longer than the normal ones so that they can close off the airflow better.
Problem for me was i like the airflow wide open always, i only purchased the omni for its strength and simplicity. (No x-rings to move and lose, and just 7 o-rings on my daily driver now, so losing one or two won't stop me)
I ended up sanding mine shorter to regular length. I'll have lost the ability to close/restrict the airflow as much, but that's fine for me.
Thanks mrb for the clarification , I was wondering if my condenser was too long , but honestly it work fine that way for the moment. The more I use it, the more I like it ... still testing... I got it for 12hrs and i’m at my fifth chamber, and I sleep for 8hrs on that LOL
Still don’t think it worth 2.5x the price of a M, but I do not regret my purchase.

clusterone

I'm finding that my Omnivap XL is in a totally different league compared to the 19 M I have. The airflow is just so much better with it. The Karmavap has pretty decent airflow but the 19 M is just lacking. I emailed them yesterday after hearing about the manufacturing issues they had. I have tried emailing them twice in the past like 3 months ago and they never responded, hoping to hear back from them this time around.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm finding that my Omnivap XL is in a totally different league compared to the 19 M I have. The airflow is just so much better with it. The Karmavap has pretty decent airflow but the 19 M is just lacking. I emailed them yesterday after hearing about the manufacturing issues they had. I have tried emailing them twice in the past like 3 months ago and they never responded, hoping to hear back from them this time around.
2018 “M” is what I use?

Love it?

Top Bottom