juanavape

I have a Lotus with both their standard and high temp caps. I love the Lotus but I love the Vapcap more.

New Vapcap users often will find that a quad or at least a triple flame lighter will bring them easier and more satisfactory results.

Once you get the hang of it a single flame can be used for a more targeted roast.

Don't give up. Read the thread and Best Of. Watch the Dynavap videos. The magic will come.

I have another couple of torches that I may try. Not sure how I would control which area of the cap I was concentrating the heat on with a wider flame. I was trying to stick with a common device, at first I thought I might use a candle just for consistency.

Bin der done dat with the videos, FC best of, last hundred or so pages of this long and informative thread. This wasn't really an impulse buy, I did my research.

I'm not giving up, just giving it a rest for a day or two during a busy weekend to avoid any frustration and then going to start over from square one.

On the Lotus : She's a keeper. I too have both caps but don't find a big difference between them.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have another couple of torches that I may try. Not sure how I would control which area of the cap I was concentrating the heat on with a wider flame. I was trying to stick with a common device, at first I thought I might use a candle just for consistency.

Bin der done dat with the videos, FC best of, last hundred or so pages of this long and informative thread. This wasn't really an impulse buy, I did my research.

I'm not giving up, just giving it a rest for a day or two during a busy weekend to avoid any frustration and then going to start over from square one.

On the Lotus : She's a keeper. I too have both caps but don't find a big difference between them.
You R a living legend 4-sure!
I like the LOTUS 4-da larger bowl size!
Da “M” I use 4-micro dosing or before eating!

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I was formerly a professional clarinetist, the characters on top or papageno and papagena from Mozart’s opera the magic flute, (Papagenos first línes in the opera are, “i’m the bird catcher, i’m happy and high, hence being high is “birdhead”) and of you look at the front, it’s the old Irish Coleman (my last name) crest with cannabis leaves instead of stars and the cross is clarinets.

1230, is the bill number of the Colorado cannabis hospitality bill i’m working and will pass this week!

https://www.westword.com/marijuana/...elivery-bills-advance-in-legislature-11303667

There are a bunch of other cool features and easter eggs, or I guess easter birds in this instance. Can’t recommend getting one enough, it’s a high quality piece of art that gets you high and stores your toys!

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing!

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
My JAF Kit jajajajajaja
First pub hopping, for El Bello.
De bares con El Bello, primera salida al mundo.
Stay vaped.
7-AAD5-B3-E-8-C3-E-44-BE-9205-F6690382-E25-C.jpg

Megaton

I'm definitely getting less airflow on my 19M than on my 18M. About equal with my 17M.

Am I best to get in contact with Dynavap directly or contact the seller I bought mine through? (UK based)

CVC4455

I think you answered your own question?
Waiting list for the fluxer is looooong but worth the wait.
There is the Chinese dental one?
Making your own if one is handy.
Not sure what else is available.

Just wondering does that Chinese dental one work decent? I really want an induction heater but don't have a ton of extra cash because I just found out my job is cutting my hours from 46 a week to 27 hours starting next week. So if those Chinese dental heaters work ok I think I'd rather try that 1st then get a better one later. At least that way I could see if I like induction as much as using a torch lighter without spending over 100 dollars

odc57

Just wondering does that Chinese dental one work decent? I really want an induction heater but don't have a ton of extra cash because I just found out my job is cutting my hours from 46 a week to 27 hours starting next week. So if those Chinese dental heaters work ok I think I'd rather try that 1st then get a better one later. At least that way I could see if I like induction as much as using a torch lighter without spending over 100 dollars

I went with the @Pipes induction heater called the Portside Mini and Love it. He also has a new one coming out in May and his waiting list is about 2-3 weeks out. Pm him to order.

I have all 3 of Pipes heaters and I have owned 3 of the Chinese SJK heaters. I also made 2 of my own. BY FAR the Chinese SJK heater beats them all for performance, price and dependability.

I get a far better and more even heat up with the thin wire coil that the SJK uses than any of the thick coil models, including Pipe's and the one's I made from thick coil drivers. Try it for yourself and decide.

CVC4455

Xclerk inside is my version of the dynacoil. I made them out of stainless steel mesh. I bought the mesh out of china for about 2.50 for a 5 ft roll. The width of the roll is perfect for the dynavap. I cut 4 inch strips and basically roll a crutch with 17 folds interlock the first and last ones. Hope that makes sense. I made 30 of them @ a cost of less than 20 cents a piece. I use 3 plastic boxes that taps come in they hold 10 coils each. One gram of distilate loads the 30 coils. I warm the coils with a lighter and the distilate disappears into the mesh. No mess and I'm ready to go for quite a while. I've used these coils at least 25 times and they don't even need cleaning yet. When the dynacoil came out I bought one to compare to mine. Both work well but i'm biased toward mine they definately are capable of holding more concentrate.
Also its faster to slap in coil than it is to load with herb. I highly recommend this if your into concentrates.

2z69ro4.jpg

Great idea!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

They do work well, with two caveats:

1. For the first hit or two the heater will time out before the cap clicks. You will have to remove the Dynavap from the heater and reinsert it once per heat up for those first two at least (this is with the Ti tip so it may be more for the SS tip).

2. You have to manually hold the Dynavap in this heating chamber unless you get an add on like DDave sells that puts a glass tube in the chamber.

For the price I think the SJK heaters can’t be beat.

CVC4455

Word is that some swear by them.

If it works, why snub them, even if they are uglier
Than my aunt Henry.

Yeah they are ugly.
I have all 3 of Pipes heaters and I have owned 3 of the Chinese SJK heaters. I also made 2 of my own. BY FAR the Chinese SJK heater beats them all for performance, price and dependability.

I get a far better and more even heat up with the thin wire coil that the SJK uses than any of the thick coil models, including Pipe's and the one's I made from thick coil drivers. Try it for yourself and decide.

Thanks, I think I will try it out.

They do work well, with two caveats:

1. For the first hit or two the heater will time out before the cap clicks. You will have to remove the Dynavap from the heater and reinsert it once per heat up for those first two at least (this is with the Ti tip so it may be more for the SS tip).

2. You have to manually hold the Dynavap in this heating chamber unless you get an add on like DDave sells that puts a glass tube in the chamber.

For the price I think the SJK heaters can’t be beat.

Thanks for the tips. I think if I like using it the glass tube from DDave sounds like a great add on!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Thanks for the tips. I think if I like using it the glass tube from DDave sounds like a great add on!

The heater is completely functional without the DDave mod but when you’re a few hits in the last thing you want to have to do is try and hold the Vapcap straight into a heating tube. DDave’s mod turns the SJK heater from a decent solution to an excellent one. The mod is really inexpensive and Dave is a wonderful vendor. In fact I’m going to be ordering a water wand from him shortly! Highly recommended.

I must say, there is really something to this 'cooling stem' thing. I used some pearls and a BG Chillum with a VapCap to make an amazing rosin vape, VapCap style.

Using the 'star shaped screen' someone posted earlier (kudos) with this setup, the vapor is WAY cooler than the same setup I often use without the pearls.

Once again, kudos go out to the unknown soul who popularized this simple but very effective idea.

10wsbkh.jpg

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I must say, there is really something to this 'cooling stem' thing. I used some pearls and a BG Chillum with a VapCap to make an amazing rosin vape, VapCap style.

Using the 'star shaped screen' someone posted earlier (kudos) with this setup, the vapor is WAY cooler than the same setup I often use without the pearls.

Once again, kudos go out to the unknown soul who popularized this simple but very effective idea.

10wsbkh.jpg

Throwing your pearls before rosin?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have a Lotus with both their standard and high temp caps. I love the Lotus but I love the Vapcap more.

New Vapcap users often will find that a quad or at least a triple flame lighter will bring them easier and more satisfactory results.

Once you get the hang of it a single flame can be used for a more targeted roast.

Don't give up. Read the thread and Best Of. Watch the Dynavap videos. The magic will come.
I have a different option than what is popular:
The LOTUS has a large bowl ideal if you have a bumper crop of CANNABIS!
VAPCAP is ideal for micro dosing?

This is my take?

Whatever floats your pool toy?

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Anybody have an old pyro vap they want to sell I missed out on these guys early on and I vape ejuice as well would love to try ine of thse fornvaping my ejuice. If anyone des lmk

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I noticed that Sneaky Pete’s store has a new Dynavap water stem that works with 18mm, 14mm, or 10mm water pieces. Costs a little more than DDave’s water wand but has a bit more flexibility.

They are also selling Hula cooling stems, which are similar to the Glass Charlie stems but look thicker. I wonder if they get less hot to the touch after consecutive hits.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Glad you brought the SP Hula VapCap stems, they look hardy with thicker walls
Which should minimize breakage, to our attention! :tup:

Should be a winner. :cheers:

Are you going to try them out? Please report back. If they stay cool to the touch after multiple hits and are more sturdy I’ll get one.

Top Bottom