voyciz

No way people never lied do they?
PINEAPPLE ESPRESS & Da “M” is very honest?
COLAS R old school 4 some!

True indeed. It is a brave new world, but nugs will always be the best, otherwise God would have made concentrate-flowering plants. Mmm pineapple sounds good, I think I will look for some soon!

About a month, totally worth it!
Thanks. Yeah I guess a month isn't so bad huh? Very cool designs, I like the pineapple box!

Last edited:

juanavape

Disappointing. First off let me tell you that my hearing is average or a bit above. So I received my M-18 2 days ago. wiped it down lightly with ISO q-tips, ran it empty twice, noticed it clicked twice (one quiet and a second one much louder). I'd read about the double clicking here on this forum so wasn't overly concerned by that.

In actual loaded tests it also clicked twice with the second click usually about the time I was moving the vaporizer from the flame to my mouth, got a reasonable hit. Got a nice big second hit. Cleaned it out to find nice evenly vaped material inside. Worked like that twice.

After those two sessions things seemed to change........ Sometimes it never clicks (and yes I wait for the cool-down click to happen), I try to outguess the click and stop when I think the timing is about right but usually combust. Other times it clicks but the product is still green after two heatings. Randomly one,two, or three clicks on cool-down (on a magnet). Trying to figure out if there is a stupidly long learning curve or if maybe I received a faulty unit/cap ? I've been using the same lighter and technique, heating the cap end for the first hit then the digger end for the second. I use a Lotus and enjoy it so it's not like I'm a butane newbie.

So far (and it's really only been a few days) this is the first vaporizer out of many that I've regretted buying. All the combustion flavored parts except the o-rings and the cap are soaking in ISO at the moment recovering. I might fish them out in a few days and give it another go but the inconsistency is leaving me a bit frustrated. Might just have to write this one off........

juanavape,
Reactions: ataxian

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Disappointing. First off let me tell you that my hearing is average or a bit above. So I received my M-18 2 days ago. wiped it down lightly with ISO q-tips, ran it empty twice, noticed it clicked twice (one quiet and a second one much louder). I'd read about the double clicking here on this forum so wasn't overly concerned by that.

In actual loaded tests it also clicked twice with the second click usually about the time I was moving the vaporizer from the flame to my mouth, got a reasonable hit. Got a nice big second hit. Cleaned it out to find nice evenly vaped material inside. Worked like that twice.

After those two sessions things seemed to change........ Sometimes it never clicks (and yes I wait for the cool-down click to happen), I try to outguess the click and stop when I think the timing is about right but usually combust. Other times it clicks but the product is still green after two heatings. Randomly one,two, or three clicks on cool-down (on a magnet). Trying to figure out if there is a stupidly long learning curve or if maybe I received a faulty unit/cap ? I've been using the same lighter and technique, heating the cap end for the first hit then the digger end for the second. I use a Lotus and enjoy it so it's not like I'm a butane newbie.

So far (and it's really only been a few days) this is the first vaporizer out of many that I've regretted buying. All the combustion flavored parts except the o-rings and the cap are soaking in ISO at the moment recovering. I might fish them out in a few days and give it another go but the inconsistency is leaving me a bit frustrated. Might just have to write this one off........

That sounds like a faulty cap to me. I’d reach out to Dynavap and see what they say.

curteee

A997NL7

Here’s a pic of the Induction Heater I got from www.lucidcustoms.com

https://m.imgur.com/a/A997NL7
That is one beautiful IH. I just ordered one from Lucid about 3 weeks ago.
I can't wait till it gets here. I've heard great things about IH's.

voyciz

I'll provide my feedback here in case it is helpful, but I agree that you should contact Dynavap about this. If you hold the cap close to your ear and shake it you should hear a small rattling sound...I'm guessing you will hear this since your cap is clicking, but check anyway. Regarding the 3 clicks: I may know what you're talking about here. On my caps I've noticed sort of a pre-click...it's not really a "click" but there is a subtle sound I can hear when it is almost ready to click, perhaps this is what you are hearing. Because sometimes I hear the pre-click, then the click, and then the second click, so 3 there. As far as it never clicking, well that is just not right...what kind of Lotus are you using? Maybe it is heating up so fast and the clicks are being masked by the sound of the torch? Try going with a slower heat up, hold flame further away, and try to feel the click in your hand. When I'm playing music loud or something, sometimes I need to feel the click instead of hear it.

When I first got my cap I always tried to wait for the second click before hitting, but I soon realized that was a mistake, because I was frequently combusting. One click is all you need...a real click, not a "pre-click". There is also a difference in sound between all 3 clicks...the pre-click is super quiet and the first click is usually quieter than the second.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply

Just out of curriosity are you using a full size torch for like a quartz nail. If so that is too hott a flame you would have to be pretty far. You need a pocket torch possibly a quad. They work best. Also check out the heating tip videos should help. I had similar issue at first. Its a tiny chamber doesnt take much. Also by sqiizing cap you can adjust the tightness. I know sometimes if too tight you wont click Or if gunked up with concentrate somtimes it wont either. I really hope this helps. A torch like a blazer will def cook one of these little caps and possibly misshapen/ damage. Have a great day
The universe is our endlesssupply

dampo

So customs finally released my M19, i took a photo intending to show the folks @ Dynavap the grooves.
I can't find a way to upload anything while using the form, what am i missing?

e63jx0.jpg

jhanson

so I ended up returning my 2019m to vapefiend and ordering a shadow instead which arrived today. unfortunately the vapcap on the shadow is so loose that it just falls off the vape if you angle it down or hold it upside down :(
just waiting to hear from vapefiend as to what to do.
To add insult to injury the shadow's draw resistance is no different to the M i had so it would seem that I just hadn't appreciated how resistant these little things are. Still haven't been able to actually try out the bloody things either!!

Squiby

unfortunately the vapcap on the shadow is so loose that it just falls off the vape if you angle it down or hold it upside down :(

This is totally normal. The cap comes unfitted and you get to adjust the fit to your preference.

Remove the cap from the tip. Grap the cap near the bottom with one finger on the digger outter side and your thumb on the opposite side.

Squeeze firmly but gently to bring the cap circumference slightly out of round. Test the cap for fit on the tip. If it's still too loose, repeat.

After you have adjusted the cap to fit the way you like, learn the mouthpull technique, use a quad lighter and heat the cap near the bottom of the cap until it clicks and you'll be on the road to discovering the Vapcap's almost magical charms.

If you prefer less resistance, be sure to leave the air intake hole located on the stem uncovered or feather it with your finger as you draw.

There are many way to ride this wonderful vape. You just need to find your technique. Read the links below as well as the Best Of thread. There are many tips and techniques that may help you.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

Good luck!

Last edited:

juanavape

I'll provide my feedback here in case it is helpful, but I agree that you should contact Dynavap about this. If you hold the cap close to your ear and shake it you should hear a small rattling sound...I'm guessing you will hear this since your cap is clicking, but check anyway. Regarding the 3 clicks: I may know what you're talking about here. On my caps I've noticed sort of a pre-click...it's not really a "click" but there is a subtle sound I can hear when it is almost ready to click, perhaps this is what you are hearing. Because sometimes I hear the pre-click, then the click, and then the second click, so 3 there. As far as it never clicking, well that is just not right...what kind of Lotus are you using? Maybe it is heating up so fast and the clicks are being masked by the sound of the torch? Try going with a slower heat up, hold flame further away, and try to feel the click in your hand. When I'm playing music loud or something, sometimes I need to feel the click instead of hear it.

When I first got my cap I always tried to wait for the second click before hitting, but I soon realized that was a mistake, because I was frequently combusting. One click is all you need...a real click, not a "pre-click". There is also a difference in sound between all 3 clicks...the pre-click is super quiet and the first click is usually quieter than the second.

Yes it rattles when shaken.

Lotus is another butane powered vaporizer not a lighter :>) I've been using a little single flame (Honest) lighter, small pointed flame but I spread it around plenty, it gives me nice control over which area of the cap I can heat while spinning.

I can definitely feel the "big" click and it actually sometimes dislodges the cap by about 1/64 of an inch or so (just a barely noticeable amount). Perhaps it is sticking too tight at the very top of the cap ? Or is that just from natural expansion/contraction ?

Anyways I will experiment with it a bit more with an open mind sometime in the not too far future. Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I may or may not contact DV...... First impressions count. It wasn't overly expensive and I bought it from a Canadian outlet not DV directly.

hopla

It’s a + bonus to the user.

While the DynaCoil would be a good match, until then you can make a hashwich with the hemp? YMMV

Yep...i do...pretty useful. The new tubes dont have it so enjoy it.
Thanks for the fast answer guys!
I was doing it with some cotton from a Q-tip (that works fine too and i can't find any clinical taste, some users say it can feel chemical ...)
The Dynacoil would be perfect, maybe in a few months as i have no money left after those 4/20 acquisitions.
Haschisch seems to last forever in a Dynavap, i put literally nothing in it and it makes a lot of vapour for at least 5x3 good hits.
Never been a big fan of haschisch but Dynavap may change that too.

After one attempt, airflow is way better with the hemp.

Last edited:

Squiby

I've been using a little single flame (Honest) lighter, small pointed flame
I have a Lotus with both their standard and high temp caps. I love the Lotus but I love the Vapcap more.

New Vapcap users often will find that a quad or at least a triple flame lighter will bring them easier and more satisfactory results.

Once you get the hang of it a single flame can be used for a more targeted roast.

Don't give up. Read the thread and Best Of. Watch the Dynavap videos. The magic will come.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
That is one beautiful IH. I just ordered one from Lucid about 3 weeks ago.
I can't wait till it gets here. I've heard great things about IH's.

I can’t wait either! You’re gonna love it!

slcbdco: “Here’s a pic of the Induction Heater I got from www.lucidcustoms.com

@slcbdco, Your picture is much too pretty not to post it directly (hope you dont mind too much)

29zpn9j.jpg

Thanks for doing that!

I was formerly a professional clarinetist, the characters on top or papageno and papagena from Mozart’s opera the magic flute, (Papagenos first línes in the opera are, “i’m the bird catcher, i’m happy and high, hence being high is “birdhead”) and of you look at the front, it’s the old Irish Coleman (my last name) crest with cannabis leaves instead of stars and the cross is clarinets.

1230, is the bill number of the Colorado cannabis hospitality bill i’m working and will pass this week!

https://www.westword.com/marijuana/...elivery-bills-advance-in-legislature-11303667

There are a bunch of other cool features and easter eggs, or I guess easter birds in this instance. Can’t recommend getting one enough, it’s a high quality piece of art that gets you high and stores your toys!

tokercoder

So customs finally released my M19, i took a photo intending to show the folks @ Dynavap the grooves.
I can't find a way to upload anything while using the form, what am i missing?

Just submit the form and they will reply via email to ask for a pic. Be patient with replies -- I submitted my pic but haven't heard anything else yet. Heard similar from a couple of others and expect that they are either "batching" responses to those emails to handle responses to a group of them at one point in time, or POSSIBLY they are sending replacements without providing feedback that the defect was confirmed in your pic.

(I only mention the possibility of a replacement being sent with no email notification because I saw elsewhere that it happened for one person. Can't confirm that it has happened that way for anyone else.)

I was doing it with some cotton from a Q-tip (that works fine too and i can't find any clinical taste, some users say it can feel chemical ...)

I'm not going to say that Q-tip cotton is killing you, but it is bleached cotton that is not ideal to use. Long term, you should use vape-quality Egyptian cotton or similar, hemp fiber, a dynacoil, etc.

hopla

I'm not going to say that Q-tip cotton is killing you, but it is bleached cotton that is not ideal to use. Long term, you should use vape-quality Egyptian cotton or similar, hemp fiber, a dynacoil, etc.

Good to know!
I've found another way, i have some mesh from my Sticky Brick vaporisers so i folded one and put the material in it.
It works just fine. ;)

Top Bottom