Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Of course, you'll get them, Super Jockey! But liking VC? IDK.....;)

I'm still wondering about the business model of George. All the VC aren't so expensive - nor cheap in no way! It's just the LEGO-thingy what makes nearly all customers eagerly to buy more and more. I guess more than 25% of all customers who became ones for more than one year ago have spent more than $500 for OG DV products. I think all the aftermarket producers like SDS and pp aren't really competitors to DV. Each stem or body needs a tip and cap at least George is making his business with.
Which other vape manufacturers can claim to sell their vape 5-15x to a customer? It's a real secrete and a marketing niche filled only by George. That's the real genius of his concept.

Did I already say that I spent nearly $1K for DV stuff - up to now? :doh:

Ricardo

What do you mean? Are you saying that I’m not getting super powers?! Show me the science! :D
Yeah, no - that was a typo, you're getting supper powers - gammon n' pineapple, probably.

I knooow :freak:
jsgh79.jpg

Sadly, all gone :\

Last edited:

Choices

So I am going to take the vapcap plunge. I am going to start with an M and want to know if I should get a starter kit or an M by itself? I just made a purchase of a Portside Mini and see myself rarely using a torch except in some rare situations or if I don’t care to carry the Mini on my walk. Thanks ahead of time for any insights!

oskicon

I'm about to buy a shadow m but it says "*The nitrocarburizing process is a surface modification which does reduce the corrosion resistance of stainless steel to a limited degree. Therefore we recommend not soaking the darkened components in corrosive solvents such as isopropyl alcohol, and or other liquids for an extended period of time. Follow up all cleaning practices of the Shadow 'M' with an application of DynaWax restoring surfaces to original condition." Will this have any repercussions? I normally just dunk the whole thing in iso and run a pipe cleaner through the condenser to get the more stuck stuff. I'm assuming this will still be fine?

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
I dunno if it’s been asked before. I can’t find the answer. In the new SS tips, what is the ridge for on the inside? The bowl size isn’t adjustable now is it?

IntoTheVoid,
Reactions: KidFated.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Of course, you'll get them, Super Jockey! But liking VC? IDK.....;)

I'm still wondering about the business model of George. All the VC aren't so expensive - nor cheap in no way! It's just the LEGO-thingy what makes nearly all customers eagerly to buy more and more. I guess more than 25% of all customers who became ones for more than one year ago have spent more than $500 for OG DV products. I think all the aftermarket producers like SDS and pp aren't really competitors to DV. Each stem or body needs a tip and cap at least George is making his business with.
Which other vape manufacturers can claim to sell their vape 5-15x to a customer? It's a real secrete and a marketing niche filled only by George. That's the real genius of his concept.

I think you’re exactly right. In addition to my OG, m17, m18, shadoW, Omni, Omni xl, and m xls (so clearly DynaVap has a big chunk of money from me buying THEIR stems), I just spent $$$ buying titanium tips, titanium spinning mouthpieces, and caps, for several 3rd party stems.

I guess I should learn to “share” my tips and caps and such, swapping them from stem to stem as needed, but it drives my OCD nuts not to have each piece be complete and ready to use. At least my money is going to a company I believe in!

So I am going to take the vapcap plunge. I am going to start with an M and want to know if I should get a starter kit or an M by itself? I just made a purchase of a Portside Mini and see myself rarely using a torch except in some rare situations or if I don’t care to carry the Mini on my walk. Thanks ahead of time for any insights!

@Squiby just posted a few pages back an excellent list of things you will want with your vapcap, but the starter kit is definitely a good place to start. Everyone uses their vapcaps in different places and different ways though, so it’s hard to know exactly what items will best complete your vapcap experience.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Also it's a good idea to keep some regular thumbtacks around, the plastic head types, they're the perfect size for inserting the screens into the tip...

Neo magnets in different sizes are nice too... I actually always keep a couple magnets on a keyring attached to a short length of paracord hanging from my neck...

Holds the hot cap while I reload, very very helpful when kayaking, fishing, etc..

Large and small dynastash for herb, I use often also...

If you're like me, you'll also eventually break the lid off every single one of the plastic storage tubes, and that gets aggravating... because one handed opening/ closing is important to me... but I've yet to find a better tube, that's not any bigger, still operable one handed and doesn't rattle or smell more than the green tube from dynavap..

So grab a few extra tubes from them... they are only 1 dollar last I checked..

Campos

The OmniVong XL Dark Wood vap is compatible with the stem: omni titanium, so you can switch from wood body to the titanium body?
Yes, you can switch all the stems for the XL size, and all the bodies for the standard size.
I don't have the XL, just the standard size Omni and swap around the bodies: wood in different colors, titanium, carbon fiber...that is the LEGO thing with dynavap.

Hitomi

Yes, you can switch all the stems for the XL size, and all the bodies for the standard size.
I don't have the XL, just the standard size Omni and swap around the bodies: wood in different colors, titanium, carbon fiber...that is the LEGO thing with dynavap.
Thank you. Can I just say I am glad the sale is over because every few hours I was wandering over to the site and adding more LEGO pieces to the order! I even saw they sold out on several items! I will definitely distract myself in this thread while I wait for the order because I'm sure they're very busy. I'm very curious to see what my family members think. I bought some holiday vapes for the whole family. The M and the omni vaps are great "stocking stuffers" :lol:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
[QUOTE
Also it's a good idea to keep some regular thumbtacks around, the plastic head types, they're the perfect size for inserting the screens into the tip...

Neo magnets in different sizes are nice too... I actually always keep a couple magnets on a keyring attached to a short length of paracord hanging from my neck...

Holds the hot cap while I reload, very very helpful when kayaking, fishing, etc..

Large and small dynastash for herb, I use often also...

If you're like me, you'll also eventually break the lid off every single one of the plastic storage tubes, and that gets aggravating... because one handed opening/ closing is important to me... but I've yet to find a better tube, that's not any bigger, still operable one handed and doesn't rattle or smell more than the green tube from dynavap..

So grab a few extra tubes from them... they are only 1 dollar last I checked..

Great idea about the magnet, @WoodVillain, have to remember that when out, and about. Have
Carried one when working with nuts, and bolts. Nails. Don’t lose too many that way.

Speaking of losing things, I use pen/shirt clips to keep things handy. A doob tube to hold
A loaded cap from wandering away.

168vcw8.jpg

ubardog

@stark1 what the deal with the water peace there, right hand side. Enlightern me plz .

I take my SS tip off and put it stright on my 10--14 adapter , but depending on the weather is depending on whether it stays in or not. Gets really anoying. but what you done there looks sweet. I know ppl will say DDave mod but im not in the US

ubardog,
Reactions: stark1

Campos

Thank you. Can I just say I am glad the sale is over because every few hours I was wandering over to the site and adding more LEGO pieces to the order! I even saw they sold out on several items! I will definitely distract myself in this thread while I wait for the order because I'm sure they're very busy. I'm very curious to see what my family members think. I bought some holiday vapes for the whole family. The M and the omni vaps are great "stocking stuffers" :lol:
Yes, so did I. Ordered to DV and to Vaposhop. Dynavap had 20% off, so ordered bit and pieces and vaposhop had de deal omni + free shadow M. So I ordered another omni, just in case the one I have gets lost and got a free shadow M. This never ends up....

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@stark1 what the deal with the water peace there, right hand side. Enlightern me plz .

I take my SS tip off and put it stright on my 10--14 adapter , but depending on the weather is depending on whether it stays in or not. Gets really anoying. but what you done there looks sweet. I know ppl will say DDave mod but im not in the US

Haha. RHS. :)

It’s from a Flip Brick.Thought I would adapt a “body” from one of its glass pieces. Cute in an ugly sort of way. Condenser not really needed.

14mm, functional GonG for Wasser Verks.

Most 14-18mm adapters from one’s other vaporizers should work? Given an O-ring, or two.

Condenser stabilizes the Franken-GONG, sacrifice a wooden mp....

Just playing, outside of the square.

Last edited:

Squiby

I've had my new stem, case and stash set from @primitiveorganic for almost two months now and have been using it daily since it arrived. It got me through days of heavy Fall chores and a nasty bout with the flu. I just have to say this set is very convenient and has been a pleasure to use.

My set is a beautiful combination of Purple Heart and Ebony that has a wonderful rich depth. Pictures really can't adequately represent it, or my pictures anyway. It's a stunning set and I'm very pleased that I have it in my collection.

The case and stash have significant heft from the brass lining which I like and it fits very nicely in my hand. It feels robust and substantial. The case is 5" long, the stash measures up at 2 1/4" long and they are almost 3/4" wide. Both the stash and the case sport a lovely flush abalone inlay at the ends with inlaid magnets on the other end that connect them together and also double as a cap cooler and holder. You won't lose your cap with this set.

I love the design of the lids. They are turned tips that pressure fit into the brass inserts with the help of orings, creating a smell proof design. The oring lids also make accessing the case and stash easy and quick with just a simple twist and pull motion. Quick and easy. Easy peasy.

The stem itself is simple elegance. It is slightly shorter than a stock Dynavap stem and has an integrated condenser. The condenser is easily cleaned with a quick pass through with a pipe cleaner.

The whole set is well thought out and beautifully designed. It is a piece of art that begs to be displayed. I absolutely love it!!!

244pdhg.jpg

9puy3c.jpg

Modnote: This review was updated by Squiby on 3/13/19 in this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom