stark1

Lonesome Planet
@mrb have you run into any good hash on your travels? Haven’t seen any Moroccan or Afghani
Since we bumbled into Kabul, years long ago. At least not in the right coast, here in the us.

What prompted your sojourn into Africa? Perhaps you might pick up some pieces of exotic (to us)
Wood? Make some stems & stashes.

You must not be in Conrad’s part of the Congo, since you have posted @fc recently.

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mrb have you run into any good hash on your travels? Haven’t seen any Moroccan or Afghani
Since we bumbled into Kabul, years long ago. At least not in the right coast, here in the us.

What prompted your sojourn into Africa? Perhaps you might pick up some pieces of exotic (to us)
Wood? To make some stems & stashes.

You must not be in Conrad’s part of the Congo, since you have posted @fc recently.

I've been on a T break since arriving in Malawi Africa a few weeks back, but there is a lot of simple 70s bush weed floating around, sold as joints (no tobacco) for 20 pence each.
I travelled here with a franken-vap, assembled from bit's I made that weren't quite good enough for sale + a virgin SS tip & cap, so I'll be trying it before I leave no doubt! I'll post a pic of Franken-vaping Malawi style when I do.

I'm here ultimately because my GF has been working here for the last couple years, but also I picked up some work teaching basics of construction. There is a lot of lovely two tone hardwood around so I am hoping I can snag a few nice bits before I leave :)

On a different note, I remember George saying in one of his videos that they have shipped to an astonishing amount of countries around the world and would welcome the challenge of anywhere new. I considered putting in a black Friday order/challenge, but the lack of postal system here, and even comprehendible addresses, made me decide that it was probably too much to expect :)

Last edited:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I've been vapcaping for almost two years. In that time i have only had two lighters break. All the others are months to year+ old and going fine. Don't buy the cheapest you can find, but no need for expensive ones either. I think the lighters DV sell are generally a good starting point.

As for butane... Spent maybe £25 in all that time and i buy the tiny cans at lesser value because i prefer a small can to throw in my bag when going away. Buy online for best value.

Just my experience..

Agreed!

I have bought 3 torches in a couple years time as well .... 2 still work perfectly, the 3rd worked fine also when I sent it to someone else... all vertigo triple torches.

In the beginning I was spending a premium to buy the best butane I could find... then putting it in the cheap vertigo triple torches...

I was wasting money.... I switched to the cheap zippo brand butane available in most grocery stores around me, and never once had an issue...

I still use premium butane for my im Corona old boy soft flame lighter... but only because that lighter was over 100 bucks. Worth it. 6 years later it still lights first try every time... even after sitting a year.

But expensive butane in a cheap lighter is a waste IMO. The butane will cost more than the lighter by your second fill up lol.

Wood? To make some stems & stashes.

I miss black afghani hash. Moroccan gold was great as well... but I always preferred the black.

I'd rather a hunk of hash over some bud any day.... which is weird... because I'm not into extracts like oils/ shatter very much at all...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I really appreciate your fast and generous response. Your kindness is so very appreciated. I added two more vapes to the order! :lol::lol::rockon: I love how easy it is to add more to the order. I really appreciate what DynaVap offers. I love all the youtube videos and demonstrations. It's like falling down a VapCap rabbit hole. I'm learning a lot about the many functions and features, very awesome. I can't thank you enough. :clap:
@Squiby is da most vocal concerning da VAPCAP, she is correct in that I love da simplicity of the “M” I have as a part of my PROGRAM!

@mrb R wood planes English?
I have a COLLECTION of those!

I use to get a trash bag 500 grams = $100. Just above JEFFREY’S BAY (J-BAY)
We could have made use of the “M” in the 70’s pre-bong ERA! (Zigzag were all we had?)
POOR in $!
RICH in LIFE!

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I've been on a T break since arriving in Malawi Africa a few weeks back, but there is a lot of simple 70s bush weed floating around, sold as joints (no tobacco) for 20 pence each.
I travelled here with a franken-vap, assembled from bit's I made that weren't quite good enough for sale + a virgin SS tip & cap, so I'll be trying it before I leave no doubt! I'll post a pic of Franken-vaping Malawi style when I do.

I'm here ultimately because my GF has been working here for the last couple years, but also I picked up some work teaching basics of construction. There is a lot of lovely two tone hardwood around so I am hoping I can snag a few nice bits before I leave :)

On a different note, I remember George saying in one of his videos that they have shipped to an astonishing amount of countries around the world and would welcome the challenge of anywhere new. I considered putting in a black Friday order/challenge, but the lack of postal system here, and even addresses really, made me decide that it was probably too much to expect :)

Royal subjects could always pick up their mail addressed to the British Consulate, locally. :)

“Picking up my Shadow (in a curiously green envelope), old chap. Carry on!” :nod:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@mrb, gosh, you are in Malawi and have a t-break???? :huh: :doh:
There you get one of the most potent sativas worldwide, for sure of Africa. In the Nkhotakota District at Lake Malawi, the best Malawi is growing. You should try to get some traditional Malawi Cobs for a very special psychedelic sativa experience.
It would be a real shame to stay there without testing one of the best herbs in the world.
And take some beans back to the US, at least you can make a friend happy with them.

Alexis

On a different note, I remember George saying in one of his videos that they have shipped to an astonishing amount of countries around the world and would welcome the challenge of anywhere new. I considered putting in a black Friday order/challenge, but the lack of postal system here, and even comprehendible addresses, made me decide that it was probably too much to expect :)
Did you say Challenge? Well here are some Islanders who would ALL benefit from a vapcap I think to help them chill out a bit.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46293221
And I hear there is no customs there either (yet, give the rest of the world a chance).

I would actually recommend that George visits the island himself in person with a sack full of Vapcaps to enlighten these people. They weren't keen on getting to know God (the visitor was on a Christian mission to enlighten the inhabitants). But maybe the vapcaps will be better received?
:D

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I would actually recommend that George visits the island himself in person with a sack full of Vapcaps to enlighten these people. They weren't keen on getting to know God (the visitor was on a Christian mission to enlighten the inhabitants). But maybe the vapcaps will be better received?
Hell no. We NEED George. And while they would certainly love him, as we do, if they got a chance to know him, I don't get the impression that those Islanders are looking for new friends...

Skunkport

I wouldn’t say it changes the amount of weed I go through with one of my electronic vapes significantly and I need to buy butane + lighters for this. Lighters get lost and stop working and butane runs out therefore I will need to keep spending on this.

Do people have success with hemp wick? I would assume it would not heat as well as a torch.

I think he was comparing smoking, not an electric vape.
In regards to butane and lighters, I've bought 3 aomai, 2 honest, a jobon, unilite and one with no brand at all and they all still work currently. I spent £5 on 2 x 300ml tins of butane and I've not quite finished the first.

It's been nearly 6 months now and I've been almost exclusively using my vapcaps, bit of lithe and vaponic use but they're butane too.

With a battery vape you're spending to recharge the batteries, spending to replace batteries in some cases, spending to replace the whole vape in others. Vacap is way more efficient on maintenance and upkeep that batteries in the long run.

Morty

Stainless steel concentrate pads for the VC. It seems like there's been talk of Dynavap releasing their own for awhile now. Is this still in the works or has this been abandoned ? I know you can make your own out of S&B or FF2 pads, but it would be really cool if DV would release their own.

Alexis

With a battery vape you're spending to recharge the batteries, spending to replace batteries in some cases, spending to replace the whole vape in others. Vacap is way more efficient on maintenance and upkeep that batteries in the long run.
And there is yet another, IMO quite significant aspect to many modern devices which is completely under recognised and acknowledged for the significance of it when it comes to health and well-being moving forwards in life- that is Bluetooth and EMF toxicity.

I never gave it much thought before because I've never really used Bluetooth and do try to limit my EMF exposure because it directly strengthens pathogens and reduces the effectiveness of antimicrobials including even the strongest antibiotics which have been shown to lose all of their effectiveness next to a Wi-Fi router, and certain pathogens such as the borrelia bacteria (Lyme Disease) have been shown to reproduce 10 times faster when exposed to electromagnetic Fields.

So I never really gave it any thought but suddenly I realise a great many devices are pumping out a permanent Bluetooth signal. It will all depend on the strength of the signal because there are three types and the most powerful is a very harmful level with the least not being so bad.

But for sure you don't have any such concerns like this with your trusty vapcap.

Last edited:

Marlon Rando

And there is yet another, IMO quite significant aspect too many modern devices which is completely under recognised and acknowledged for the significance of it when it comes to health and well-being moving forwards in life- that is Bluetooth and EMF toxicity.

I never gave it much thought before because I've never really used Bluetooth and do try to limit my EMF exposure because it directly strengthens pathogens and reduces the effectiveness of antimicrobials including even the strongest antibiotics which have been shown to lose all of their effectiveness next to a Wi-Fi router, and certain pathogens such as the borrelia bacteria (Lyme Disease) have been trying to reproduce 10 times faster when exposed to electromagnetic Fields.

So I never really gave it any thought but suddenly I realise a great many devices are pumping out a permanent Bluetooth signal. It will all depend on the strength of the signal because there are three types and the most powerful is a very harmful level with the least not being so bad.

But for sure you don't have any such concerns like this with your trusty vapcap.

ever use one as an EMF shield?
would a copper Ti alloy VC be something to consider by DV, or has this idea been 86'd?

Last edited:
Marlon Rando,
Reactions: Alexis

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@mrb be careful bringing wood back I'm not sure what they'd allow you to bring into the country.

Last I remember DV had sold to well over 40 countries.

A guy contacted me about buying a BW sleek vong, I advised him to get a VC first then come back to me.
If he enjoys it he'll be my 11th country.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've never really used Bluetooth and do try to limit my EMF exposure because it directly strengthens pathogens and reduces the effectiveness of antimicrobials including even the strongest antibiotics which have been shown to lose all of their effectiveness next to a Wi-Fi router
Other than conspiracy theory websites do you have a link to any peer reviewed studies that prove any of this? Sounds like bullshit to me and an old girlfriend left with my tin hat... :smug:

Morty

Hey. Morty’s back!
Wazzup! :wave:

"5th gen Ti tip + 79 mm XL length stem : A good combo for resin,oil,wax, etc.
With this combo, going a bit past the click will quickly increase the chamber temperature to the extraction point, but also will quickly start decreasing thus not allowing for mishappens. The vapor is quite cool, at least for the high temps involved. Reminds of dabbing. If used with herb, this combo is the best option for aroma & taste".

:rockon: :drool: :clap:

Alexis

Other than conspiracy theory websites do you have a link to any peer reviewed studies that prove any of this? Sounds like bullshit to me and an old girlfriend left with my tin hat... :smug:
Abstract

Mobile phones and Wi-Fi radiofrequency radiation are among the main sources of the exposure of the general population to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF). Previous studies have shown that exposure of microorganisms to RF-EMFs can be associated with a wide spectrum of changes ranged from the modified bacterial growth to the alterations of the pattern of antibiotic resistance. Our laboratory at the nonionizing department of the Ionizing and Non-ionizing Radiation Protection Research Center has performed experiments on the health effects of exposure to animal models and humans to different sources of electromagnetic fields such as cellular phones, mobile base stations, mobile phone jammers, laptop computers, radars, dentistry cavitrons, magnetic resonance imaging, and Helmholtz coils. On the other hand, we have previously studied different aspects of the challenging issue of the ionizing or nonionizing radiation-induced alterations in the susceptibility of microorganisms to antibiotics. In this study, we assessed if the exposure to 900 MHz GSM mobile phone radiation and 2.4 GHz radiofrequency radiation emitted from common Wi-Fi routers alters the susceptibility of microorganisms to different antibiotics. The pure cultures of Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli were exposed to RF-EMFs generated either by a GSM 900 MHz mobile phone simulator and a common 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi router. It is also shown that exposure to RF-EMFs within a narrow level of irradiation (an exposure window) makes microorganisms resistant to antibiotics. This adaptive phenomenon and its potential threats to human health should be further investigated in future experiments. Altogether, the findings of this study showed that exposure to Wi-Fi and RF simulator radiation can significantly alter the inhibition zone diameters and growth rate for L monocytogenes and E coli. These findings may have implications for the management of serious infectious diseases.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1559325816688527

This is not where I learnt of this phenomenon from I just did a quick search and came up with this right away but I have heard about this quite a few times from seemingly sound sources regarding confirmation in the scientific community. I know most people think I'm crazy regarding this but you will see in time as we did with diesel engines that there is a lot to he said about the negative effects on biology of electromagnetic Fields. It is arguably one of the greatest threats and health hazards moving forwards and has been linked to very many conditions especially cancer.

Nothing to do with conspiracy, just naivety, ingnorance, neglect, and plain humankind insanity. :nod:

Last edited:

Skunkport

Nothing to do with conspiracy, just naivety

Correct. By yourself.

You might find it interesting to actually read the full text of the abstract you've copied or even to look closely at the wording used in the abstract.

It is also shown that exposure to RF-EMFs within a narrow level of irradiation (an exposure window) makes microorganisms resistant to antibiotics.

10.1177_1559325816688527-fig1.gif

The diameter of the zone where growth was inhibited by the various antibiotics did decrease. Then it increased again.

At no point however do the antibiotics 'lose all of their effectiveness' and nor was there any significant increase in growth for the samples shown.

E. Coli grew slightly faster but less overall on the graph here.

10.1177_1559325816688527-fig5.gif

Listeria reached a higher peak growth but dropped faster.
10.1177_1559325816688527-fig6.gif

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Well, I’m screwed! I can’t begin to tell you how many hours I’ve spent in MRI machines and all the other scanners, going back to the 80s. :uhoh: Hell I spent 20 minutes in one a couple of weeks ago! Fortunately for me, I grew up reading comic books so I understand that once I’ve achieved saturation at the cellular level, I will also receive super powers! So I’m cool with it.

Also my friends, to help us return to the important focus of this thread:

I really like using vapcaps to vaporise Cannabis. Agree or Disagree? Discuss!

:leaf: GangaMan - Up, Up and Away! :leaf:

cjang

Abstract

Mobile phones and Wi-Fi radiofrequency radiation are among the main sources of the exposure of the general population to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF). Previous studies have shown that exposure of microorganisms to RF-EMFs can be associated with a wide spectrum of changes ranged from the modified bacterial growth to the alterations of the pattern of antibiotic resistance. Our laboratory at the nonionizing department of the Ionizing and Non-ionizing Radiation Protection Research Center has performed experiments on the health effects of exposure to animal models and humans to different sources of electromagnetic fields such as cellular phones, mobile base stations, mobile phone jammers, laptop computers, radars, dentistry cavitrons, magnetic resonance imaging, and Helmholtz coils. On the other hand, we have previously studied different aspects of the challenging issue of the ionizing or nonionizing radiation-induced alterations in the susceptibility of microorganisms to antibiotics. In this study, we assessed if the exposure to 900 MHz GSM mobile phone radiation and 2.4 GHz radiofrequency radiation emitted from common Wi-Fi routers alters the susceptibility of microorganisms to different antibiotics. The pure cultures of Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli were exposed to RF-EMFs generated either by a GSM 900 MHz mobile phone simulator and a common 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi router. It is also shown that exposure to RF-EMFs within a narrow level of irradiation (an exposure window) makes microorganisms resistant to antibiotics. This adaptive phenomenon and its potential threats to human health should be further investigated in future experiments. Altogether, the findings of this study showed that exposure to Wi-Fi and RF simulator radiation can significantly alter the inhibition zone diameters and growth rate for L monocytogenes and E coli. These findings may have implications for the management of serious infectious diseases.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1559325816688527

This is not where I learnt of this phenomenon from I just did a quick search and came up with this right away but I have heard about this quite a few times from seemingly sound sources regarding confirmation in the scientific community. I know most people think I'm crazy regarding this but you will see in time as we did with diesel engines that there is a lot to he said about the negative effects on biology of electromagnetic Fields. It is arguably one of the greatest threats and health hazards moving forwards and has been linked to very many conditions especially cancer.

Nothing to do with conspiracy, just naivety, ingnorance, neglect, and plain humankind insanity. :nod:

Did you read the paper? There's a reason why it's in a shitty journal:

1. There is no real negative control data shown (ie, RF untreated/ABX untreated), despite the fact that they said they did it.
2. There is no (correct) statistical analysis of differences b/w experimental samples, thus no way to assess for significance. Also, why on earth are they doing a U-test???
3. Because of the short generation time of bacteria (and the fact that these are clinical isolates!!), it is likely that exposure to antibiotics would result in quick evolution of resistance anyway. You see this often in the lab with commonly used antibiotics, like ampicillin.
4. Where is the raw data for inhibition zones? Where is the n? Most people would include figures of representative data.
5. Using zone of inhibition on a plate to assess for resistance is dubious at best, and an outright falsehood at worst.

I can go on, but I'll leave it here for now. It's one thing to publish a paper; it's another to assess whether or not the conclusions are reasonable.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Grabbed a ti body from dv to pop on my short OmniVong in place of the wood when I'm not using a bubbler.

Resisted the temptation to get a Shadow. Heaven help me if their next innovation is a stealth Omni.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
But now for some real science, The InSight Probe just landed successfully on the surface of Mars. Yipee!!!

Now we'll get a better look under the surface of Mars.

AND it is talking back to us...
Well, I’m screwed! I can’t begin to tell you how many hours I’ve spent in MRI machines and all the other scanners, going back to the 80s. :uhoh:
And I have had a BT headset in my ear the better part of every day for the last 15 years or so. Never had any issues (that I know of) with antibiotics not working for me. Or tumors (that I know about).

Last edited:
Top Bottom