ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
While waiting for my Shadow M to arrive, these came in the mail:

46049472831_6b0d62b1be_o.jpg

That's a Wenge Dynastash (for an M that's not in that photo) on the back of a hand-made wenge-backed acoustic guitar.
I need 2 stop buying da wrong stuff?

Power 2 U!

NICE VAPCAP Stuff!
My wife think’s I’m excessively behaving badly?

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I didn't pull the trigger on the shadow M... hell, i didn't grab anything even vaporizer related... had too many xmas gifts to buy during black Friday... so now I'm really hoping it does indeed become a regular on the website.

I did just grab 4 of the new keysmart pro keychains with the Tile tracking chip thingy in them. All half off. Going to make nice gifts for a few friends. And one for me of course.... maybe I won't lose my keys anymore lol..

I'd much rather of bought myself a few new vapcaps though.... damn my xmas spirit :lol:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I lost my keys all the time before tile. I have the cheapest one but it is a life saver.

Thinking about getting one for my TV remote... ;)

With Vapcaps the trick is to have enough of them so that if you misplace one there is always another nearby. Or at least that's MY excuse...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm sad that I couldn't afford an Omnivong on the black friday sale, as I've been wanting one for some time now.

However, I spent four times that paying for my Nomad this week...that keeps me happy :tup:
I will have you one day, Omnivong. However, today is not that day!

I lost my keys all the time before tile. I have the cheapest one but it is a life saver.

Thinking about getting one for my TV remote... ;)

I keep telling myself that I'll get one of those for my keys....I need to get on that!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I don't subscribe to smokey's notion about an induction heater limiting the bowl size. I also wouldn't caution against electric vapes. Vapcaps are great at what they do and there's thousands of pages of praise for session and on demand vapes too. The low end vapcaps do bring the most vape value for that price though.

I wonder, as recreational use and cultural acceptance grows now that there's this emerging market states want a piece of, if we'll see an increased percentage of vapers that only own one device. You certainly don't need to geek out the way I do if you just want a way to vape.

I think it'd be cool if dynavap drives their entry level pricing down as needed or made whatever moves required to remain the flagship cigarette style dry herb vape. It's certainly the vape with the most class and deserves to inherent the cultural cache of smoking.

Mikey

On the topic of IH talk, I am using my cloud evo as a heater for my cap. I assume my method is more conduction. Is there any benefits of induction?

Mikey,
Reactions: ataxian

SiDankies

Picked up my vapcap for the first time in months gave it a great cleaning and remembered why I got it so filthy in the first place. I love using this thing. Ti tipped M is all you need to do the job effectively and efficiently. And the actual vape itself really is such a fine piece of machinery. These things have evolved fantastically.

My one concern however after a year or 2 of owning my vapcaps is that it makes vaping more expensive than a battery vape.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
With Vapcaps the trick is to have enough of them so that if you misplace one there is always another nearby. Or at least that's MY excuse...

I agree! I have 5, with a couple extra ti tips... but all of mine are shiny...

Dynavap says "Once you go black, you never go back" .....I hope ?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Picked up my vapcap for the first time in months gave it a great cleaning and remembered why I got it so filthy in the first place. I love using this thing. Ti tipped M is all you need to do the job effectively and efficiently. And the actual vape itself really is such a fine piece of machinery. These things have evolved fantastically.

My one concern however after a year or 2 of owning my vapcaps is that it makes vaping more expensive than a battery vape.
How did U make your study?

My average CANNABIS consumption was about 28 grams/week
28 gram a month when I started vaping?

I use a “M” in the VAPCAP line 4 MEDICAL use.

CIVILIZED = “M”

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
On the topic of IH talk, I am using my cloud evo as a heater for my cap. I assume my method is more conduction. Is there any benefits of induction?
Assuming that the cap isn't touching the inner bamboo, the Evo is actually heating the cap by thermal (IR) radiation. Once the heat is transferred to the cap, conduction takes over. With the IH the heat is initially transferred via electromagnetism, then conduction. I've used both methods and can't say that there is any benefit of one over the other. Except that you can't take an Evo out on a kayak to take fat rips on the lake.

:peace:

Campos

CIVILIZED = “M”
I think the money is not spent in buying weed, it goes in buying lots of Vapcaps!!!
I have only known its existence a couple of months ago and I have already spent a months salary on vapcaps!! What do you call that? Lol
Although they're not all for me. Most are presents for my stoner friends who have all fallen in love once they saw the first M I bought.

Last edited:

Hitomi

I don't have a Shadow yet but I did order one. Since I'm a way up North, coupled with our Postal strike, mine will likely make its way here way after everyone else has theirs. I don't need another Vapcap but I felt the urge to keep my collection as complete as possible. May God have mercy on my soul....

There are three basic models. The M is the least expensive model. It is made from stainless steel (SS) and is the heaviest of the Vapcaps, weighing in at around 20 gm. The SS tip of herb chamber takes longer to heat by a second or two and retains the heat slightly longer than the titanium tips. This feature makes it popular with folks that tend to use their Vapcaps outside since wind and cold temperatures have a cooling effect on the metal.

Most Vapcap components are interchangeable so you can create different models for pleasure and function. However, the SS tip is not fully compatible with the high end Omnivap condenser/mouthpiece assembly.

The midline models sport a titanium (ti) tip. It heats and cools faster. The interior of the tip has grooves that allow you to easily adjust the screen placement and the size of the herb chamber and the exterior of the tip has more air channels that are deeper and have a groove filed along the top edge. This creates a greater airflow and a slightly greater convection vs conduction result. The ti tip is more nimble.

The top of the line Omnivap is an all titanium beast. It has a genius design and is precision engineered. The Omni condenser/mp assembly is adjustable so you can dial in your airflow preference, set it and forget it. It also is more dense and creates a more robust build compared to the condensers used on the other models. This makes it extremely durable. In fact you can run over it with a truck. My Omnivap weighs 12.7 gm.

Beyond the basic models you can switch up their clothes or midsection and condensers to a short body and mp or a the longer stem or even a stem and mp to create the XL versions. With these changes you can have a 3.5 inch long Vapcap or a 4.25 inch long XL version. The midsections can be straight like the titanium Omnivap or you can choose a wood VonG midsection for use with water tools. The VonG midsections like all midsections can be used native like toking on a joint.

All Vapcap are incredibly versitile, efficient vaporizers. Your choice comes down to asthetics, budget and function. Vapcaps are LEGO for stoners. Collect them, switch them up and make them your own.

I really appreciate your fast and generous response. Your kindness is so very appreciated. I added two more vapes to the order! :lol::lol::rockon: I love how easy it is to add more to the order. I really appreciate what DynaVap offers. I love all the youtube videos and demonstrations. It's like falling down a VapCap rabbit hole. I'm learning a lot about the many functions and features, very awesome. I can't thank you enough. :clap:

SiDankies

CIVILIZED = “M”

I wouldn’t say it changes the amount of weed I go through with one of my electronic vapes significantly and I need to buy butane + lighters for this. Lighters get lost and stop working and butane runs out therefore I will need to keep spending on this.

Do people have success with hemp wick? I would assume it would not heat as well as a torch.

SiDankies,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I wouldn’t say it changes the amount of weed I go through with one of my electronic vapes significantly and I need to buy butane + lighters for this. Lighters get lost and stop working and butane runs out therefore I will need to keep spending on this.

Do people have success with hemp wick? I would assume it would not heat as well as a torch.
I've been vapcaping for almost two years. In that time i have only had two lighters break. All the others are months to year+ old and going fine. Don't buy the cheapest you can find, but no need for expensive ones either. I think the lighters DV sell are generally a good starting point.

As for butane... Spent maybe £25 in all that time and i buy the tiny cans at lesser value because i prefer a small can to throw in my bag when going away. Buy online for best value.

Just my experience..

Last edited:

Sickboy420

Who was the guy who won the silver mp? I mean to remember it was @cybrguy ?

Another of the silver ones went to @Squiby, I mean?

Guess the Shadow with an XL condenser paired with the silver mp would look awesome.
Would really like to see that pairing if one of you would be so nice.
I will pair my coming shadow with the spinning ti mp at least.

I ordered a shadow M from The Hedonist Club in the uk and got it delivered for Black Friday
TD at the Hedonist Club has excellent customer service.
I bought it as a replacement to the Dynavap carbon piece which I didn’t get along with. It’s always too loose at the tip end, especially with a stainless tip with one less o ring.

The shadow M is stunning- I’d say mine is more a charcoal colour rather than black or grey
I’ve paired to a ‘square fin’ titanium tip, an XL condenser with titanium spinning mouthpiece - my current favourite set up.
I’ll post a picture once I figure out who to use for image hosting
please be patient

I really don’t think there is a more versatile, multi use vaporiser on the market. I can use for hash, shatter, flowers, kif, pretty much anything! And no expensive batteries or spares to keep going.
Except for, just a need for one more vapcap to complete the collection......

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I've been vapcaping for almost two years. In that time i have only had two lighters break. All the others are months to years+ old and going fine. Don't buy the cheapest you can find, but no need for expensive ones either. I think the lighters DV sell are generally a good starting point.

As for butane... Spent maybe £25 in all that time and i buy the tiny cans at lesser value because i prefer a small can to throw in my bag when going away. Buy online for best value.

Just my experience..

:) @mrb, I have been hoping to see your rendition of @Wittgenstein “s adjustable carb concept....

stark1,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I ordered a shadow M from The Hedonist Club in the uk and got it delivered for Black Friday
TD at the Hedonist Club has excellent customer service.
I bought it as a replacement to the Dynavap carbon piece which I didn’t get along with. It’s always too loose at the tip end, especially with a stainless tip with one less o ring.

The shadow M is stunning- I’d say mine is more a charcoal colour rather than black or grey
I’ve paired to a ‘square fin’ titanium tip, an XL condenser with titanium spinning mouthpiece - my current favourite set up.
I’ll post a picture once I figure out who to use for image hosting
please be patient

I really don’t think there is a more versatile, multi use vaporiser on the market. I can use for hash, shatter, flowers, kif, pretty much anything! And no expensive batteries or spares to keep going.
Except for, just a need for one more vapcap to complete the collection......

TD at The Hedonist Club is great! He did me a solid this BF by withholding shipping my order until I return to the UK next month.

With your carbon fibre body/stem not holding the tip tight. . . try soaking the o-rings in ISO for a few hours. That might well expand them enough for a snug fit. However sticking them into a tighter stem will re-crush them again and you'll be back to the loose fit. Alternatively, the black o-rings that used to ship with the vapcaps are ever so slightly bigger than the current grey one in my experience. .
Another option is to wind some cotton thread around the tip, under the o-ring. just once/twice around should be enough.

And I've always used ImgBB.com to upload pics here.

:) @mrb, I have been hoping to see your rendition of @Wittgenstein “s adjustable carb concept....

I've commented on my LOVE of the body design several times around the place (inc those sexy slits for the carb hole). But I never really understood the concept of the internals. And to be honest, I never really tried to as I'm a wide open guy. I get the best clouds that way, plus I hate having to "try" when inhaling through the VapCap. I just grip the mp in my teeth, sit back and take a long gentle, unrestricted inhale until the click.

I even shortened the condenser of my omni to match the wide open feel of the STD VapCap. I only bought the omni because I worried about loosing x-rings when cleaning away from home and my spares. I don't like fuss :)

EDIT: I miss-read your post as 'reaction' rather than 'rendition'. . . I'm hoping I'll be back to playing with titanium in the new year. . .

Last edited:

Sickboy420

With your carbon fibre body/stem not holding the tip tight. . . try soaking the o-rings in ISO for a few hours. That might well expand them enough for a snug fit. However sticking them into a tighter stem will re-crush them again and you'll be back to the loose fit. Alternatively, the black o-rings that used to ship with the vapcaps are ever so slightly bigger than the current grey one in my experience. .
Another option is to wind some cotton thread around the tip, under the o-ring. just once/twice around should be enough.

Thanks for the tip!

Slightly thicker section o rings would do it - I'll try the iso trick.
I've done the hemp fibre wrap to tighten things up, but ends up the same eventually.

If I put a nug into the chamber, I'll do two heat cycles and then break up the nug for the last one/two pulls before emptying. I've found a paperclip (with a 'straightened' leg) makes the perfect chamber stirrer.
Place your finger pad over the chamber to stop bits escaping whilst stirring and breaking up nug.
It works well for stirring pressed hash to allow it to 'flower up' with heat.

Top Bottom