stark1

Lonesome Planet
Who was the guy who won the silver mp? I mean to remember it was @cybrguy ?

Anothersilver of the silver ones went to @Squiby, I mean?

Guess the Shadow with an XL condenser paired with the silver mp would look awesome.
Would really like to see that pairing if one of you would be so nice.
I will pair my coming shadow with the spinning ti mp at least.

ArthurJ “burned bright in the night”, with his winning silver tongued haiku. :cheers:

I believe Randy at PIU has one, as well.

Prophecy

A new item in my collection, The shadow M (Cap number 181) looks so good i love it, goes well with the portside mini :)

For are using hash i have made me a second bowl that fit in the tip, from a 300 mesh screen so the tip stays clean an requires not so oft to clean.
I take a piece of the 300 mesh screen bigger in diameter als the tip diameter and push it with a pen or so complete in the tip. Out came a tip bowl shaped mesh screen than cut the edges deburied all and ready to go.
Here are some pictures of what it looks like.

To prevent from falling the hash in the cap i use my IH's sideways, also i make sure that the cap dont point down while i use it.

And another art picture of my omni XL, wish you all a nice sunday :)

Testing testing
280791-CD-4-B3-D-4-D36-85-DC-AAF9540916-EE.gif

2018 DynaVap M + waterwand hit

Squiby

So, a skelator is the name of the internals of a psm, and ppl use a skelator to put in and create their own custom psm?
Yes, the Skelator is a bare bones IH. You provide your own container. It is not as compact as a Portside Mini though. Mine is about 3" x 3" x 3 1/2" and sits inside a decorative paint can.

2evbxhc.jpg

fd7f9t.jpg

You count to four one-thousand after the click while still heating? That would be blackness on mine.
My Skelator is close to two years old now and the batteries are slowly getting weaker. I think that's why it's taking a few more seconds to heat these days. The other variable is the height of the switch pad at the bottom of the glass insert tube. It can be pried out and sanded to create a greater depth which will affect heating times. Counting to four gets me to the flavour hit using my IH. Individual results are likely as variable as different lighters used with different flame lengths. We each need to get to know our device and dial it in to our preferences.

Another of the silver ones went to @Squiby, I mean?
Yes, I got one and I believe another went to the winner of the Haiku contest @ArthurJ.

htbcch.jpg

Hitomi

Hello everyone. I just saw a few reviews for this vape here and on youtube, and I bought it for my husband, who loves to smoke! The Black Friday sale was a great deal! Thank you DynaVap!

I want to help my husband to be more healthy. I have been vaping for years, and I knew this site would help me to figure out what to get him. I just placed the order for "The M". After watching all of these reviews, I am considering one for myself too ;) Besides "The M" and The Shadow M. I am getting a bit confused about what styles are good and why. I am coming from the world of log vapes, and so this is all new to me.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Have a really bad 1 flame torch that seems to not really hold the butane, am hoping to get a better one in the next few days.

I like this $15 Mantello triple from Amazon. It doesn't have a butane level indicator but it's quiet for a triple. The adjustable flame has good integrity and heats more consistently than the others I've tried.

Mantello Catador Triple Jet Flame Butane Cigarette Torch Lighter with Cigar Punch Cutter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M6C8F34/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_UUR-Bb9XN6Y0P

cjang

I like this $15 Mantello triple from Amazon. It doesn't have a butane level indicator but it's quiet for a triple. The adjustable flame has good integrity and heats more consistently than the others I've tried.

Mantello Catador Triple Jet Flame Butane Cigarette Torch Lighter with Cigar Punch Cutter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M6C8F34/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_UUR-Bb9XN6Y0P

Along those lines, can anybody recommend a single flame torch with a locking ignition? I have a Zippo that I use with a torch insert, but would like to use something that locks.

cjang,

Squiby

You desrved one for sure!

Pretty sure you have/will get a Shadow. A pic of its pairing with the silver surfer would be nice!
This mp is a real beauty!
I don't have a Shadow yet but I did order one. Since I'm a way up North, coupled with our Postal strike, mine will likely make its way here way after everyone else has theirs. I don't need another Vapcap but I felt the urge to keep my collection as complete as possible. May God have mercy on my soul....

Besides "The M" and The Shadow M. I am getting a bit confused about what styles are good and why. I am coming from the world of log vapes, and so this is all new to me.

There are three basic models. The M is the least expensive model. It is made from stainless steel (SS) and is the heaviest of the Vapcaps, weighing in at around 20 gm. The SS tip of herb chamber takes longer to heat by a second or two and retains the heat slightly longer than the titanium tips. This feature makes it popular with folks that tend to use their Vapcaps outside since wind and cold temperatures have a cooling effect on the metal.

Most Vapcap components are interchangeable so you can create different models for pleasure and function. However, the SS tip is not fully compatible with the high end Omnivap condenser/mouthpiece assembly.

The midline models sport a titanium (ti) tip. It heats and cools faster. The interior of the tip has grooves that allow you to easily adjust the screen placement and the size of the herb chamber and the exterior of the tip has more air channels that are deeper and have a groove filed along the top edge. This creates a greater airflow and a slightly greater convection vs conduction result. The ti tip is more nimble.

The top of the line Omnivap is an all titanium beast. It has a genius design and is precision engineered. The Omni condenser/mp assembly is adjustable so you can dial in your airflow preference, set it and forget it. It also is more dense and creates a more robust build compared to the condensers used on the other models. This makes it extremely durable. In fact you can run over it with a truck. My Omnivap weighs 12.7 gm.

Beyond the basic models you can switch up their clothes or midsection and condensers to a short body and mp or a the longer stem or even a stem and mp to create the XL versions. With these changes you can have a 3.5 inch long Vapcap or a 4.25 inch long XL version. The midsections can be straight like the titanium Omnivap or you can choose a wood VonG midsection for use with water tools. The VonG midsections like all midsections can be used native like toking on a joint.

All Vapcap are incredibly versitile, efficient vaporizers. Your choice comes down to asthetics, budget and function. Vapcaps are LEGO for stoners. Collect them, switch them up and make them your own.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
When it comes to play with the carb hole, how do you guys do it? I started from the "beninging" with the M, as i was playing a flute, ie with the hole facing up and using my index finger, but after some usage i somehow prefer to place de carb hole facing down, and using the thumb to close—open the carb hole by just rolling a bit the M between my fingers and leting the hole to take as much or as little air as you want.
Small device with many options!!!
This is similar to what I do. Normally I am not looking at the VC after its heated, and instead I start hitting it and roll it in my fingers until I have closed the air hole. It doesn't matter if it is my thumb or index finger that find the hole, but I can feel that I have found it when suction reduces. Once found I "play it.
Sadly, no, I didn't enter the jingle contest. I lust for one some day though...
I've found that the smallest bowl size (50%) on the Ti-Tips gives me basically the same effects as a full bowl size, and therefore any more than 50% bowl size seems a waste. Look in the "best of vapcap" thread for a method of reducing the bowl size of the M
(the SS tip from the M lacks the grooves for different screen positions/bowl sizes that the Ti-Tips have)
I find I tend to use the scoring to make the second to largest bowl size for similar reason's to @mrb, it seems to have about the same effect as a full bowl so why not. But I do prefer to use the scoring so I can simply suck load my VC and not think about adjusting the fill. And I find suck loading gives me the best load density as well.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I personally believe that you should have won something; your contributions were outstanding!

But you did win our hearts! :luv::love::love::luv::bowdown:
Ha. How sweet. I made a lot of entries when we were doing Haikus. That was fun and tickled something in me. I hadn't written any "poetry" in decades. :lol:

This is kinda a family here and you can look silly to family with no worries... :tup:

When we come to play
Squiby makes us feel at home
Just like we lived here

;)

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
A couple more newb questions, if you don't mind. TIA

I read one of Squiby's tips is to use the Dynastash ER silicone container to hold ABV. Anyone doing this? It sure seems like it'd be convenient.

Any issues with leaving the VC in my car during the workday in the winter? Does it just take a bit longer to warm up to the click? Maybe take my lighter inside with me to keep it warm and ready?

I'm now thinking M starter packs for both my wife and me and waiting on an electric vape for later. I'm waiting for a reply to a couple questions I submitted to DV but hoping to grab them soon! Thanks for all the help!

MB

stark1

Lonesome Planet
While realizing that the DV Team is working their fannies off fulfilling Black Friday orders,
One part of me wish they could laser etch custom stems for us fanboys&gals in time for
Santa to visit us.

Black (caps, tips, XL condensers, and spinning mouthpieces), stocking stuffers for the VC LEGO
Enthusiasts, as well.

I for one will have milk, and cookies by the fireplace.

2w2q2au.jpg

:bowdown:r, simply, a multi-color M for each day of the week.

Smokey McVape

Yes, please!

Newbie here, my wife and I plan to be combustion free by the new year. I'm still researching and I just started looking into DV today. I had initially dismissed them due to the need for a lighter but after seeing so many recommendations I had to open my mind a bit and check them out.

Wow, I'm glad I did! Such a simple, well designed unit! And I love the dugout! My wife and I both have dugouts for smoking so this is such a cool way to go! The "M" starter pack is only $88 direct from DV. I don't really need some of the accessories (another lighter, pipe cleaners) but it's always good to have spares around.

I'm planning on a couple battery powered units for our main use. I wasn't really shopping for more vapes right now but this looks like such a fun option to have around, too. I don't want to spend too much $$ since we're just getting into vaping but I don't want to get something that doesn't deliver. This just looks like such a great choice! Glad I checked it out!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and to this forum! What an amazing resource, a wealth of information! Thanks!

MB
@Moses Baca - DON'T waste any money on an electric vape until you have tried the vapcap. I bought a Volcano, a mighty and an Arizer solo and they all work well but being an ex-smoker myself it always felt something was missing from the electric vape experience. That all changed when I found Dynavap. My vaping experience was transformed immediately. As Bruce Lee might have put it - the art of smoking... without smoking. I sold all of my electric units within a week of buying my beloved Omnivap and spent the money on more vapcaps and accessories. Pound for pound the vapcap is the hardest hitting vape on the market - seriously - your first full bowl (0.05-0.1grams) will knock you on your arse - in a good way:tup:

Squiby

I'm now thinking M starter packs for both my wife and me and waiting on an electric vape for later. I'm waiting for a reply to a couple questions I submitted to DV but hoping to grab them soon! Thanks for all the help!
Most folks seem to own a variety of vapes. For me it was the quest for the perfect vape. I spent a lot of money on various vaporizers before discovering the Vapcaps, the perfect vape for me. I wish I had started with the Vapcap.

The tiny size appeals to me. There are no bits and bobs really to keep track of or batteries to monitor or replace or rotate or charge. No wires to get tangled up or tempt the cats the cats to chew on.

I love the independence factor. This vape will work when all others fail. It is an off grid preppers doomsday vape. It will last a lifetime. I live in the forest on top of a mountain. Electricity can be unreliable. I don't like the idea engaging batteries close to my face. The Vapcap has no potential hazards, I guess other than dropping a hot Vapcap on your lap while wearing shorts or putting the wrong end in your mouth. If the folks on the Last Man on Earth had a vape, it would be a Vapcap.

I think you might love the Vapcap!

:bowdown:r, simply, a multi-color M for each day of the week.
To go with your 'day of the week' undies?

Last edited:

StringTheorista

Can you use an e-nano to heat the cap? I know Ed's Woodscents are designed to do that somehow but since I "only" have a nano I thought I'd ask if anyone's tried.
Alas, no. The oven on the enano is too wide to work with the dynavap tip

@cjang, lots of folks here are fans of the tiny aomai single flame torch. It is quiet, and on until you switch off the gas. Only downside is small fuel tank.
https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/aomai-flint-torch-lighter-single-flame-atl-01
Seems to be out of stock at dynavap... but easy to find online.

Last edited:

Smokey McVape

You guys are amazing! Can you guys please share your experiences with induction heating and vapcaps. Can we adjust the temperature or it's just one specific temp?

@SloJimFizz is your ih heater the skelator? Link ?
@Chandler - the IH units from @Pipes are great - I own a jarhead and a portside mini. But please be aware that they work best with a TI tip with the screen in the middle setting. They do not evenly heat a full bowl - the bottom 30% is always still green by the time the top half is finished - in my experience anyway. If anyone can offer an insight as to how to get the full bowl heated I would love to hear from you.

Squiby

I'm waiting for a reply to a couple questions I submitted to DV but hoping to grab them soon! Thanks for all the help!

George and his Dynavap team offer beyond stellar customer service. But they are in the midst of a seasonal sale and I'm sure that they would have a very difficult time getting back to you before the sale ends.

What are your questions? Perhaps we can help. :nod:

Top Bottom