Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@stark1, those pipeheads out of clay from your pic don't work, they are much too breakable. But the Moroccans also have pipeheads made of soap stone which is better suited. I still have some lying around from my first trip to Morocco 1976.

Last edited:

Squiby

You guys are amazing! Can you guys please share your experiences with induction heating and vapcaps. Can we adjust the temperature or it's just one specific temp?

The Vapcap is a manual vape. As with any heat source, you are in complete control of your temps. There is no right or wrong way to go about, but in the end you need to find your personal sweet spot. Finding it may take some trial and error but it's a fun way to go.

I have a Skelator IH from @Pipes. I heat to the click then count one, one thousand ,two, one thousand, three, one thousand, four and toke. For my IH this brings my load to a tasty vapor.

As you become more comfortable with heating your Vapcap, with your personal heating device, (and this works with any heat source) you might want to try the Dip and Sip technique created by our own beloved @phattpiggie. This technique mimics a natural toking rhythm rather than toking between clicks. Essentially you heat your Vapcap to toking temps, take a toke of two, then immediately reheat briefly without waiting for the cool down click. Continue in this manner until no more vapor is produced. You only hear a click when initially heating and then one cool down click once you have finished your session.

I use the Dip and Sip technique exclusively now. It's a very natural intuitive method, but best not attempted until you have some experience.

I heat my Vapcaps with a quad jet lighter, a single jet lighter, a candle and my IH most days, depending on where I am and what I'm doing. My IH stays upstairs by my bedside, a candle next to my tub and the lighters are used in my living areas. All of these approaches work great. The IH is really fantastic; convenient and easy to use, but it's not the only way to go.

Chandler

@Squiby thank you. I've learned a lot in the past hour. Appreciate the time taken. Got an M on the way way and I'm eager to achieve the greatest results! I just came across @phattpiggie video demonstrating the dip n sip method. I like that!.

So, a skelator is the name of the internals of a psm, and ppl use a skelator to put in and create their own custom psm?
Lucidcreations had some nice wood pieces, those looked big though?

Chandler,
Reactions: Squiby

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
That's what I do @I'm Ron Burgundy?

Finding it may take some trial and error but it's a fun way to go.

I have a Skelator IH from @Pipes. I heat to the click then count one, one thousand ,two, one thousand, three, one thousand, four and toke. For my IH this brings my load to a tasty vapor.

You count to four one-thousand after the click while still heating? That would be blackness on mine.

Hippie

Has any of you guys thought of using a moroccan sebsi kif pipe with the VC tip?? Had been on a trip to north Morocco where you can buy those stems for 1.5-2 euros each and found a few that fitted on the VC tip. They work very well, although without the condenser.

I do :)
Most pipes can be converted to hold a Vapcap tip with extra o-rings or a piece of cork shaped to fit the bowl so I have a wee growing collection of cheap glass ones I use in my stem rotation since I picked up my 1st @Pipes skeletor IH

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Got a Nonavong-S yesterday.
It wasn't on sale or anything sadly (local shop) but I will probably get a dynastash or a nice torch the next time a sale rolls around.

It's my first Butane Vape and I'm likin' it!
It's the "Dark Wood" version with spinning mouthpiece. Does anyone know which type of wood it is? I was thinking maybe walnut, but I don't know how to find out.

Only got a cheapo 1-Flame lighter from a cigar shop, will need to find a bit better one. But the one flame already has produced some really nice hits! And even a Bic lighter can heat it, pretty neat!

Mainly want to use it for hash with some cotton inside, as my other portable (Arizer Air 2) doesn't handle the small concentrate that well (unless its in a bud-sandwich)

I am a bit worried about losing the o-rings or other parts but I guess I'll just have to be careful lol. Or get a bit larger one...
And my spouse is worried I'll burn the house down, so that's nice! :lol:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
90u4uv.jpg
I gotta say that every time I see that Pineapple inlaid wood IH it makes me smile. I really think it is seriously cute. And it defies gravity. Wonderful.

I use everclear and q-tip, or sometimes disassemble and wash with dish soap and water and a straw-cleaning brush. I think a rinse in water is indicated after using ISO
Thanks!
I just put the tip and screen in ziplock and shook with ISO and epson salt.
A few Q-tips in and out then rinsed. Seems to have cleaned most out the gunk out.

I didn’t clean the cap...didn’t seem to need it yet. Although I’ve only owned it for three weeks now.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
In the maybe 2 years I have been using VapCaps I have never needed to clean a cap. I have rarely if ever needed to clean the inside of one of my wood stems. Maybe an occasional wipe where it mates with a tip. All of my VCs have condensers and I clean them often, but mostly with an ISO soaked q-tip. Occasionally I throw the metal pieces into an ISO bath, but it is mostly just the condenser and the tip.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
The cap gets dirty with hash.

Depends on how you form and fill it. Use a finer screen or the @Squiby style hemp/cotton sandwich, form the hash to a flat pancake or cut a thin slice of it, wide as the inner diameter of the tip, place it on the screen/filter and you should be fine. No dirty cap, no dirty tip/condenser.

Campos

Depends on how you form and fill it. Use a finer screen or the @Squiby style hemp/cotton sandwich, form the hash to a flat pancake or cut a thin slice of it, wide as the inner diameter of the tip, place it on the screen/filter and you should be fine. No dirty cap, no dirty tip/condenser.
I found mine gets dirty may be due to dipping it vertically in the IH, the hash tends to go down to the cap.

Campos,

GrandWazoo

Thanks!
I just put the tip and screen in ziplock and shook with ISO and epson salt.
A few Q-tips in and out then rinsed. Seems to have cleaned most out the gunk out.

I didn’t clean the cap...didn’t seem to need it yet. Although I’ve only owned it for three weeks now.

Every week I use to open my omnivap and :
- remove the o-rings and separately wet them with very little olive oil and beeswax on a cotton swab. Same internal and external for body's black wood .
- separate the cap and put all other metal parts in a bath of alchool for food 90 % ( I got it in a glass box so it lasts months ) for few minuts to half an hour .
Then I clean all metal parts with hot water , dry all and reassemble .
Every time is like a new one , and the flavour is amazing .

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just bought the basic version from their site for 48 bucks VapCap M. I'm hoping it hits much harder than the Lotus.
I love my Vapcaps, and depending on how you use them they can hit VERY hard. But in my experience, nothing hits harder than a Lotus, at least nothing I have tried. I hear FlowerPot and a couple others I have not tried, but the Lotus is a beast.
- remove the o-rings and separately wet them with very little olive oil and beeswax on a cotton swab.
I used to be very careful about my HT Orings, especially trying to avoid soaking them in ISO.
Then I bought a bunch in bulk and stopped worrying about them, and I have found that I didn't need to change them very often even when soaking them. Of the 25 I bought 6 months or so ago I still have 20 of them or more unused.

Chiron

@Campos , pictures help visualize

i1fytu.jpg
Mmmmm, I have one well seasoned with resin from the hash-tobacco “hybrid” I consumed exclusively for many years. The ones we used came with soapstone bowls and I haved carved replacement bowls. I remember making them fragile thin sometimes. Hmmmm, I should mate that seasoned stem to a tip (make soapstone female/female adapter) and it would be like using a seasoned cask for Scotch:)

Top Bottom