StoneMan

For those that use a DV product for daily driving how often do you clean them? do you rotate screens inbetween cleans?

I used to put two clean screens and a little hemp in every other day and toss the dirty ones into a small container of iso then wipe with a qtip.

Now I make my own screens with a leather hole punch. It's a finer mesh so nothing gets through and the airflow is way better than the hemp sandwich. They do get clogged pretty fast though, but I have about 20 screens that I cycle through and when they're all dirty I toss them in an ultrasonic cleaner and it leaves them like new. Keeps everything working optimally and requires very little effort.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
For those that use a DV product for daily driving how often do you clean them? do you rotate screens inbetween cleans?

I have an M for my daily outdoor driver and a nonaVong for my daily indoor use. They are both used almost daily (if I stay @ home, the M takes the day off :p ) at least 2-3 times per day and I must say that although whenever I clean them the whole taste and feel is much different and much better, even if I go for a month without cleaning them, or even a little longer, there's absolutely no problem at all.. plus when I get to clean them, I get a decent amount of oil on the earbud to vape as well.. :brow: and no, personally I don't change screens inbetween cleans.. the screen stays fine as long as you brush off the tip after every session and you don't combust. Personally, I soak the screens in ISO once every 2-3 months more or less and I'm more than fine with them.

Something that @Squiby mentioned in another post about the particles that go through the condenser, this has only happened once to me and it was a time that I had really pushed the cap to its limits and ABV came out really really dark.. other than that, I've never ever needed to apply hemp fiber for my herbs. Of course, using it with concetrates is more than necessary, if you want to keep your VC neat and clean... :myday:

Whynot

I use my sandblasted M multiple times every day. I'll open it up and wipe it down with iso every 2-3 months. After a certain point the taste does start to change a bit, but that's after a good long time between cleanings.
I had a glass vapcap for a short period of time and I would clean it every other day, just because I personally feel the need to keep all my glass looking crystal clear.
It continues to amaze me how much abuse I put my M through and it's still good as new, even after thousands of hear cycles!
Oh, and about the screen... I usually just wipe it down with iso as well. But, sometimes it does need a quick soak if I've neglected it for a while. It's handy to have a safety pin or something to poke though the little holes when needed.

Campos

All I have to say to all you guys and to dynavap team is a big THANK YOU. I had smoked for 20 years and without wanting, and above all without making any noticeable effort, I have been away from tobbacco and combustion over a month now. What a wonderful thing. Since i got an M on my hand I said goodbye to combust.
It is the wallet now that is suffering not the lungs.

To clean the screen, i just burn it with the torch lighter. It burns everything off, then i just brush it with an old toothbrush to take any dust off. They come off really clean, dont know if it damages the screens tough.

Last edited by a moderator:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I hope someone at DV won’t mind sharing this funny little episode. :wave:

BlackCap #666 will not be in the “collectors’ ” horizon. It will not be in the public purview:

While assembling #666, the assembling Bud got distracted, got “excited”— and forgot to put the
bi-metallic discs in, before crimping it. LOL

A real take on the fake Chinese take of the Cap; a “genuine” fake, poor Black Cap #666. :nod:

—(At present, the fake Chinese caps do not click, the :bang: knock-offs missed
the secret of the clicking caps) :evil:

Chandler

@stardustsailor I was watching a video by vapelife x. He was using a portside mini...
My shadow M is on the way ... Tell me, in your opinion, is an induction heater a must have accessory for vapcap ? The ease of use seemed incredible... Your ih unit, looks pretty! At the same time I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Are you able to heat all 3 vapcaps at the same time?
Finally, could you please provide me a link to portside mini?
Thanks

Ahhh. These Canada post strikes are killing me! Both my ghost MV1 and Dynavap shadow M have been delayed. Update says Nov 30th? That's some bull

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:rockon:Outside, lighters are fine
—as long as they are wind resistant

2q07igl.jpg

Inside, an IH is Civilized :nod:

90u4uv.jpg

Chandler

You guys are amazing! Can you guys please share your experiences with induction heating and vapcaps. Can we adjust the temperature or it's just one specific temp?

@SloJimFizz is your ih heater the skelator? Link ?

Last edited:

NizzyJones

You guys are amazing! Can you guys please share your experiences with induction heating and vapcaps. Can we adjust the temperature or it's just one specific temp?

It's just one intensity. Drop the vapcap in, wait for the click and hit it. I've read about people heating a couple seconds past the click with IHs because the more ferrous indicating disc is heated faster than the rest of the cap but I haven't found it necessary.

Top Bottom