beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Why? Many mfrs of various items say to wash before use. I would think that it would be more of a liability in not stating this.

I hear you, but I think that attorneys may have advised vape makers that saying the device should be cleaned meant the company had sent out an unsafe device in the first place.

Personally, I think devices intended for medical use should be mailed clean in a sealed, air-tight package and ready for use. Other than charging batteries if batteries are involved. And if they aren't shipped clean, there should be explicit instructions on what the consumer needs to do to safely use the product. We are inhaling these things after all.

It would add expense. But I think some people would be willing to pay for that.

I'm glad I filed the notches in my SS tips-it really does help on the DDave Water Wands. And I have noticed that my SS tips fit a bit snugger in my Water Wands than the Ti tips did. It's made using my short wand much more enjoyable.

The Water Wand is, IMHO, the one after-market accessory every vapcap owner should have. I love the glass vapor path.

I've also noticed that my throat and lung irritation have really subsided since I'm almost exclusively using my vapcaps through water or a J Hook. I'm not getting the particulates, the vapor is way cooler, and as we all know-you can really milk a bong with a vapcap.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@IntoTheVoid See you on the other side, old boy. Haha, howling.

Seriously tho, a medical product should be autoclave clean. Especially when the end user has
Fragile lungs to begin with.

And very little upstairs, like myself.

ngoz68.jpg

Last edited:

beyond6strings

My mouthpiece hole was kinda deformed so first I cut the very tip off to see if it helped the restriction and it did.

Then I got tired of it getting kinda stuck when trying to pull the vapcap out to clear the bong So i cut the other end off and had this little ring and it works pretty good I can set the depth I want the vapcap to sit in the joint. It will slide some times if I drop it in the joint and get stuck but i just dont do that anymore lol. Still have been thinking of getting a vong stem.

bgr60z.jpg

5u4ktl.jpg

just used some heavy duty Scissors to snip it off. if you cut yours be ready it goes flying lol

This...this is a beautiful, wonderful hack. Like, :doh: why haven't I thought of this myself kinda cool.

After I read this I was frantic trying to find a Fat MP. I thought maybe I'd tossed them in a recent clean up cuz I never use them. But luckily I found a couple and very quickly made three o-rings for my '18 XLM, Omni XL, and Carbon Fiber XL. I placed it where the mouthpiece and stem meet, it's really easy to wiggle it out of my Globe, and wow. I tried it on the Omni and CF cuz they have Ti Tips with smaller bowl settings. Three heat cycles caches a bowl in the .05 setting.

It's brilliant. You can get at least two o-rings out of each Fat Mouthpiece. And it works better. Much better. And for some reason I like the way it looks while using it much better. It also works way better than a 10mm-14mm male to female joint I had been using for those vapcaps.

Since I use everything except my Lil' Bud through water, this is a really nice find.

Thanks. The hive mind on the vapcap thread has done it again.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This weekend I mostly used the long @DDave glass wand with my new M18 tip and I have to say it worked really well. I know many of you are talking about lots of sessions, but a full tip (about .07g) gives me 3 HUGE sessions (click to click hits) which is pretty much just what I want at a time.

Added: I wanted to add that the SS tip stops producing before it clicks done, so I usually stop hitting when it stops producing and then drop it on a magnet.
I'm glad I filed the notches in my SS tips-it really does help on the DDave Water Wands.
I asked earlier (you may have missed) if you filed your M18 tip as well? I filed my M17 tip, but this M18 tip works great (for this application) just the way it is. I find I like the Ti tip most for the other ways I use the VC, (so far) but through the glass wand the SS tip reigns. Now I am going to have to get one of @stardustsailor's condenserless stems to see if it is the condenserlessness of the wands that makes the SS tip shine. Well, sometime soon anyway.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

This weekend I mostly used the long @DDave glass wand with my new M18 tip and I have to say it worked really well. I know many of you are talking about lots of sessions, but a full tip (about .07g) gives me 3 HUGE sessions (click to click hits) which is pretty much just what I want at a time.

Added: I wanted to add that the SS tip stops producing before it clicks done, so I usually stop hitting when it stops producing.

I asked earlier (you may have missed) if you filed your M18 tip as well? I filed my M17 tip, but this M18 tip works great (for this application) just the way it is. I find I like the Ti tip most for the other ways I use the VC, (so far) but through the glass wand the SS tip reigns. Now I am going to have to get one of @stardustsailor's condenserless stems to see if it is the condenserlessness of the wands that makes the SS tip shine. Well, sometime soon anyway.

I'm sorry I did miss that. I did file the '18 tips, and it's working for me. I left the '18 tip on my stock M the way it is. I love mouth pulls with the M natively. I find that doing lung pulls is easier and more effective with the tips filed. I was definitely getting more vapor per heating cycle post-filing. I think it was because of the increased airflow.

caliganja420

Just ordered my Omnivap XL and 18M from Puff It Up!
First time ever trying it out, really excited since i only use Mighty & Volcano daily
Will keep up with this thread trying to learn more about use and techniques.
I was very interested in the omnivong or the nonavong xls, but i need the adjustable airflow and XL size

So this just started a few weeks ago with the m18. Mind blown. Read more of this thread....order an omnivong. The universe expanded. Now the mail has delivered my 4th of July special order (huge kudos to speed and shipping from puffitup.com) which included a ti vong xls. I am beginning to understand why one might need 8, or 20....trying all 3 side by side will get you thinking in Lego mode. But now they are too hot to handle....and I'm too ...welll,just too....

rokko

Gonna buy M 2018 + TI tip. Main reason is microdosing (0.01-0.02 g) through adjustable bowl, but saw few posts where people were talking about "loose" CCD in top groove, how common this issue is? Fast heat up time is also nice bonus, but some people say difference is small, other that it's big (like 10 vs 20 sec). As I understand faster cooldown lets you make more hits from one big bowl, because of less heat retaining compared to SS (herb doesn't get overcooked)? How do you think is it possible to get dark brown AVB through TI tip in one long hit with smallest bowl adjustment? Would like to have an option during purchase SS/TI tip, don't know what to do with SS tip if I'll get TI...

rokko,
Reactions: Lady V

Skunkport

Ah, hadn't seen those, although I saw the Biggie and Smalls 3D printed versions on Etsy, they're more enclosed. The feeder is also 3D printed from PLA, it looks fairly handy but I read reviews that the PLA flaked, and foodsafe or not, I don't want to vape plastic.

https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/dynavap-feeder

@rokko buy a DDave wand and stick the SS tip in there? Few people reckon the SSis better for the wands.

Top Bottom