mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@DDave
I've had quite a lot of experience playing with DV parts tips, testing out the fitment..

I have also noticed that the ss tips tend to be a tad thicker than the ti tips.
Barely any difference but yeah, SS tips tended to just about stick into a stem that is to big for the Ti-Tips.
ALSO - I 100% agree that the old black Orings from DV are thicker than the grey ones. The grey ones seem identical to the red silicone ones I've purchased myself a while back.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
@DDave
I've had quite a lot of experience playing with DV parts tips, testing out the fitment..

I have also noticed that the ss tips tend to be a tad thicker than the ti tips.
Barely any difference but yeah, SS tips tended to just about stick into a stem that is to big for the Ti-Tips.
ALSO - I 100% agree that the old black Orings from DV are thicker than the grey ones. The grey ones seem identical to the red silicone ones I've purchased myself a while back.

You can find METRIC Viton O-rings for the VC ,
with the standard DV size of ID 6 mm / OD 8 mm / CS 1 mm .
http://www.oringsandmore.com/viton-fkm-o-ring-6-x-1mm-price-for-25-pcs/

But there are metric ones also with CS of 1.2 mm and OD of 8.4 mm
http://www.oringsandmore.com/viton-fkm-o-ring-6-x-1-2mm-price-for-5-pcs/

Or even with ID 6.1 mm / OD 8.7 mm / CS 1.3 mm
http://www.oringsandmore.com/viton-fkm-o-ring-6-1-x-1-3mm-price-for-1-pc/

Furthermore moving from metric to ( thicker CS ) imperial ,
there is the #009 7/32 ID x 11/32 OD x 1/16 CS
( At metric : ID 5.55 mm / OD 8.73 mm / CS 1.58 mm )
http://www.oringsandmore.com/viton-heat-resistant-black-o-rings-size-009-price-for-50-pcs/

Or the very thick ID 6 mm / OD 9 mm / CS 1.5 mm
http://www.oringsandmore.com/viton-fkm-o-ring-6-x-1-5mm-price-for-25-pcs/

Krahl

I have a 2017 m that I use mostly with water with a fat mouthpiece, My question to the experts is if you were to buy another dynavap is the 2018 M an upgrade and worth getting with a Titanium Tip or would I be best to spend my money on something else such a nonavong to start expanding my dynavap collection ?

Thankyou for any advice

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have a 2017 m that I use mostly with water with a fat mouthpiece, My question to the experts is if you were to buy another dynavap is the 2018 M an upgrade and worth getting with a Titanium Tip or would I be best to spend my money on something else such a nonavong to start expanding my dynavap collection ?

Thankyou for any advice

Im don't have the most experience with the Ms as I've always preferred the Ti tips.
But i do have every tip released in the last 18 months..

The 18M tip definitely feels more productive in its job than the 17M. (Although the 17M could be improved significantly by the 'filing modification' done by many here).
The 18M stem is basically the same, just decorated slightly different.

Personally i like the ti-tips more. They're actually a bit harsher and slightly more like a smokers hit for me.

Every thing else is asthetics and convenience really.. Unless you want the vong body/stem for use with a water piece.

Convenience being the adjustable air flow of the omni, or how spinning mouthpieces can make turning the Dynavap while heating easier, and how some people really appreciate the XL size for dexterity sake.

Vaporware

Since you already have an M and you know you want to try the Ti tip, it makes sense to me to go for something with a Ti tip.

I only have an 18M and Omni XL (with a few stems including a NonaVonG), but I’ve heard people say they liked the 18 more than the 17, and at least a few who liked the 17 better, so it may or may not be a worthwhile upgrade for you. Maybe search the thread for those discussions?

If you’re interested in a Ti tip and you want to use it through glass a lot, a NonaVonG seems like a good option, as does any other combination you want to put together plus a GonG piece from DDave or a WonG bit from one of the wood accessory makers.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@mrb, just call me dense, I still don't get why the CS is not just the straight OD - ID. But I can live with the mathematics of it being 1/2 of whatever the subtraction is. :p

@Krahl, there is no wrong answer & everyone will have their own personal preference, & as you see, you're gonna get assorted opinions. It's just that you don't know what your preferences are yet. In my opinion, the M18 is a noticeable improvement over the M17 because of the increased airflow/less draw resistance & if you really like the M17, I think it is a worthwhile upgrade. Personally, I'm pleased with the airflow of the 18's ss tip. But you don't have to have it now. There'll be other sales to pick this up -- Labor Day's right around the corner. Guys, did DV have an LD sale last year?

For use with water, there's nothing like a vong/wong. It's 1000% better than a fat mp or 10mm adaptor, imo. I happen to like using the M17's ss tip through water as it retains heat longer & I want that as I'm drawing longer through water than without.

If you go w/ a vong & a ti tip, you'll not only have comfortable water usage, but you'll be able to swap the ti & ss tips between the M17 & vong to see what you like. If you get the M18, then do go with DDave's glass water wand so you can use that with a tip when you are using a bubbler.

Here's a vid. of @ohmygodimsohigh using DDave's wands:

https://420vapezone.com/vapcap-water-wands-vapcap-wpa/

(Guys, as you'll see in the vid., I think it's the short stem that Dave is re-spec'ing for shallow joints.)

You know, it's a 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other. I think it really depends on how much you are gonna use it through water. If you'll get a sufficient amount of water usage then go with the vong & ti tip now.

Last edited:

LabPong

Thankyou for any advice

It it were me.....I would get a Ti tip and a DDave's wpa adapter. Cost you less than $60 to get a whole new vapcap that will offer much more than what you have now. You could also just use a o-ring or two around the mouth piece to fit a water unit instead of the DDave adapter or a nonavong body.

EDIT.......what summer said....but I actually beat her..haaaa I had to medicate after the first sentence of my post.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@DDave perhaps it'd make sense that you are offering different o-rings for a perfect seal together with the water wands yourself?

Agreed. No idea how possible it is to reliably produce these glass wands.. But if there are issues with fitment that are causing issues for the seller and the customer.. Then given the low cost I believe i saw these items seeking for.. I think it would be perfectly reasonable to add a $ to the price and include a set of xs and xl orings as it were.. With a warning at the point of sale that orings may need to be changed depending on the tip.

But perhaps @DDave will find a perfect production process and make all this redundant. But i can only imagine how tricky it is when DV parts also vary in their tolerance.

@Summer

OD =
Oring + big hole in middle + Oring

ID=
Big hole in middle

OD - ID = Oring + Oring

Last edited:

LabPong

The price of the water wand is $10 so obviously it can't include a $40 tip. Everyone is conjecturing why @DDave asks what tip the stem is for, so why don't we wait until he weighs in. If I recall correctly, there was a problem with the one of the wand's stem joints bottoming out in 14mm(?) bubbler joints so he was going to correct the specs with the next batch produced. I think it was the short wand, not the longer water wand. 420VapeZone showed the problem in a IG stream.

Yea....I was wondering why the smaller wpa did not fit in several of my water units...it bottomed out in the joint. I went back to using my own custom glass body as I can fit it into anything.

I’d happily pay slightly more to include o-rings that contain a perfect fit. Or perhaps @DDave should become a DV affiliate and could supply tips and caps as well for a complete solution with right fits

I got one of the smaller adapters when DDave released them. It fits my Ti tips perfectly...black and gray o-ringed ones.

Skunkport

Why specifically mobile devices vs. a pc?

Because mobile Chrome for example doesn't support addons, also a lot more awkward to click on the image and load it manually.

I just refuse to use the fix because I'm stubborn and cantankerous. Imgur are being awkward buggers, so to hell with them, and I'm not giving them the web traffic of me uploading.

Dynalowrider

Wooden vongs, (vape to glass), don't always come out round. I think Winegums pointed out to me once that due to the fact the grain of the wood is softer one way and sands off faster. They tend to leak slightly. To combat this I use hookah grommets. They are little silicone cones used to seal the joints in a hookah hose. They also keep your vong or hose joints from sticking due to heat expansion. Pick them up at your local hookah shop. Doc

StringTheorista

Sounds like a great tip @Dynalowrider!

And speaking of tips, what is the general consensus on preference between Ti and SS through glass? (Will only be able to get one DDave wand as a second would take me over the customs limit!)
I like the stainless steel tip on the water wand, because it holds heat (slightly) longer than the ti tip, so I get an extra pull before I have to reheat. I do small hits, tho —sensitive lungs—so YMMV

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Wooden vongs, (vape to glass), don't always come out round. I think Winegums pointed out to me once that due to the fact the grain of the wood is softer one way and sands off faster. They tend to leak slightly.
It depends on the skill of the wood worker and the wood being used but it is possible to make an almost perfectly round taper section. You have to rough out the taper to within 0.3mm then sand it only enough to make it look nice and smooth. Half the battle can be won if you start with wood that has nice parallel grain to the length of the piece. Any sort of angle to the grain makes it much more likely to go out of round when hand sanding.

Ideally a taper grinder for a lathe would be the best thing, since it would leave a nice surface finish and maintain a perfectly circular cross section.

There's also the issue of wood changing shape over time as it gains and loses moisture content, which can also put things out of round. I don't think this would be an issue with metal lined wood stems but wood only stems might suffer from this.

I really want a taper grinder =/

Last edited:

xsteve420

Would appreciate a pic to show how you cut it.

My mouthpiece hole was kinda deformed so first I cut the very tip off to see if it helped the restriction and it did.

Then I got tired of it getting kinda stuck when trying to pull the vapcap out to clear the bong So i cut the other end off and had this little ring and it works pretty good I can set the depth I want the vapcap to sit in the joint. It will slide some times if I drop it in the joint and get stuck but i just dont do that anymore lol. Still have been thinking of getting a vong stem.

bgr60z.jpg

5u4ktl.jpg

just used some heavy duty Scissors to snip it off. if you cut yours be ready it goes flying lol

Top Bottom