Smokey McVape

So are the colored OmniVaps gone?.....are they coming back? Can you request one? I need another body and mouthpiece but I wont go wood again....Dog ate the last body. Titanium will fix this problem...:lol: Carbon Fiber is on back order and I love my CF. It is hard to find the carb but I like the feel. Sooooo it looks like I have to spend the big bucks and if I am going to I kind of wanted a colored one.
@Newcastle - buy a Titanium Omni and you can change its colour yourself - there are a couple of guides on this thread. Remember though that colour won't make it a better vape. Just more expensive.

Guiltfeeder

Dynavap and disc golf
@LesPlenty I will definitely wait until today's broadcast.

@Smokey McVape I have two M's so wanted a colored one. I am aware it wont increase the performance..:rolleyes:
I just DIY anodized my Omni gold. If you want any advice let me know. It was super easy to do and from what others have said, the etching process isn’t necessary unless you decide to change colors at some point. All you need are a pair of alligator clips, some 9V batteries, baking soda + water, and some titanium wire. I found a few videos on YT that walked me through the whole process.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I used gravity to turn mine to bronze.:nod: (No shit, please)

2lvz880.jpg

Last edited:

Likun

can an omni xl titanium body be used with an xl condenser and spinning mouthpiece or does it require the omni condenser?

XL body = Stem, I guess.
To answer your question, yes that would work perfectly well. No need for the omni condenser.

Edit:
I was also considering using my Omni XL this way as I don't see the need for the omni condenser.
But I'd prefer to have on of those gorgeous titanium diy pieces by @stardustsailor or @mrb. Imo they look quite a bit nicer than the dv ones.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Quite? All the pieces of our beloved after market accessory makers generally are so much nicer than the OG DV stuff. I don't like DV's current rough looking "trapper" style.

Hogni

Sorry, I don't want to offend all the trappers among us. But in my simple cliched - created by US movies - European thinking it means more a rough crafted piece of some found wood. Pure pragmatism, no aesthetics. Ok, they used a bit of sand paper but all their current wooden bodies/stems are just.....a piece of wood w/o any appeal.
Just my opinion but full of respect to other opinions.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Sorry, I don't want to offend all the trappers among us. But in my simple cliched - created by US movies - European thinking it means more a rough crafted piece of some found wood. Pure pragmatism, no aesthetics. Ok, they used a bit of sand paper but all their current wooden bodies/stems are just.....a piece of wood w/o any appeal.
Just my opinion but full of respect to other opinions.

I believe what you're seeing is the company making some choices. They can't be all things to all people all the time. Right now they're choosing to streamline their manufacturing processes and supply chain to insure they can manufacture their 'basic' line of vapes: M, Omnis, Vongs in local woods.

They are growing leaps and bounds which means that some of the more custom things will be rarer. But that's okay, George and the crew love the after-market makers, and this move really does position DV as a build a bunch at a time maker. They're not a small craft company anymore.

I think you'll see some cool custom stuff from time to time-they've said as much.

I have one of their Light-Wood vongs. And it's very simple, but I wouldn't call it plain either. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think most folks would dig the way the grain and color on the Maple body I got has changed and matured over just 6 months of use.

warren0728

I was also considering using my Omni XL this way as I don't see the need for the omni condenser.
But I'd prefer to have on of those gorgeous titanium diy pieces by @stardustsailor or @mrb. Imo they look quite a bit nicer than the dv ones.

that's a good idea ... i need to look into those

i love my nonavong xls and just want to try a different style!

Hogni

@beyond6strings , for sure it wasn't meant as an offense in any sense. I already talked about that with George in Berlin. I respect his decision and it's absolutely correct, the results are just a bit....boring....for MY liking. I know there will come nice specials from time to time but overall I'll only buy parts for legoing some beautiful devices with the help of our accessory friends atm.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

@beyond6strings , for sure it was'nt meant as an offense in any sense. I talked about with George in Berlin. I respect his decision and it's absolutely correct, the results are just a bit....boring....for MY liking. I know there will come nice specials from time to time but overall I'll only buy some parts for legoing some beautiful devices with the help of our accessory freinds atm.

I wasn't offended. I totally understand. I'm at the point that I have what I want from DV too; I love the look of the '18 M ( have 2-one standard and one modded for XL) and the Omni XL, and I dig the Carbon Fiber, it pairs well with a spinning Ti MP and I have that in an XL configuration, and I have two Vongs; one short and the Light Wood long.

I will definitely make the plunge with an after-market maker because I want a couple and I want to support them.

But I really wish you were here so that we could pass my 'trapper' light wood vong back and forth. I think you'd be surprised (written whilst polishing said wood). It really is handsome.

beyond6strings

how do you like your '18M modded for XL? that is my alternative set-up choice to getting the omni titanium stem with a spinning mouthpiece. the modded '18M would be the cheaper route ...

I LOVE it. I put an XL condenser with a spinning Ti mouthpiece and it's cool as can be. It's my go to choice for out and about.

warren0728

I LOVE it. I put an XL condenser with a spinning Ti mouthpiece and it's cool as can be. It's my go to choice for out and about.
that's what i intend on doing ... plus it would be interesting to have an ss tip and a Ti tip

I'll probably order it once the sale kicks in BUT i am definitely gonna start looking closer at some custom stems and such!

Top Bottom