I finally figured how to post pics, hope this works:
https://ibb.co/bYe5Fy
https://ibb.co/j6MKay
https://ibb.co/gLgKay
https://ibb.co/mbsgoJ

Do these look real to you?

To those that have asked why I don't post the site:
- I don't want to encourage people being fakes
- I recall reading somewhere in the forum rules that likes to fakes are not allowed.

Those are legit graphic images of the M8. You said the asking price was $10. Well, obviously,then, that's bait & switch. Email DV @info@dynavap.com to give them the link so they can take action.

@dodgy_b - Both @Winegums and @Summer have obviously not been paying enough attention :)

The tip on your Omni on the right is indeed the newest 6th generation ti-tip. It’s been knocking around for a month at least by now, since soon after the 2018 M design was released, the new ti-tip looks similar to the 2018 M tip, but keeps the single not double air channels/grooves around the bowl.

Not really heard anyone call it the 6th gen yet, but seeing it for the first time so close, next to the 5th gen tip,

Well, I suspected they were gonna come out with a 6th gen ti tip after the new M one, but I didn't know it had been released. And you're right, "Not heard many reports on any differences in performance yet." There really hasn't been any noticeable banter on it, so what little was mentioned I guess I missed entirely. And yeah, you're right, "I think the 6th gen title is fair."

I guess, I didn't really take notice because I'm not currently in the market for adding a new tip into my arsenal, as having the M18, LE7, 7th Gen, ti 5th Gen & SS, my hands are full playing around with these for quite awhile. Plus, I picked up the Splinter & a bunch of new glassware so I got a ton of stuff to play with.

Last edited:

Squiby

I came across the site when trying to find where I would get the best value for my (limited) money. And while they're only $10 a pop, I don't know if the same quality controls and materials as an original VC have been used.
As @stark1 says. The pics you posted are copied from a certified distributer. The pics are of actual authentic Vapcaps. It's the offer that's the scam. Even the best special offer sales have not offered the M for a mere $10 each. Buyer beware.

Get your M from a reputable dealer. The regular price is well worth it.

That or pay $10 for no M at all.

dodgy_b

OK, you got a tip upgrade for your M. What did you do with the original tip that came with the M? So if the tip on the right is not the M tip & is, in fact, the tip that as you said came with the Omni & it does have the adjustable bowl, then, DV did indeed change the ti tip.
Hi.

So I missed the original "free Ti tip sale" on the M18. When DV came out with the 420 % discounts I bought an M18 and an extra Ti tip (which is on the M in the picture.) I immediately preferred the Ti tip and sold my M18 SS tip to someone who posted [wanted] on the reddit classifieds.

I also wasn't exactly sure what I was doing a month ago! I'm new to DV vapes and bought 3 in April! In hindsight I probably should have held onto the M18 SS tip to play around with.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@dodgy_b - Both @Winegums and @Summer have obviously not been paying enough attention :)

The tip on your Omni on the right is indeed the newest 6th generation ti-tip. It’s been knocking around for a month at least by now, since soon after the 2018 M design was released, the new ti-tip looks similar to the 2018 M tip, but keeps the single not double air channels/grooves around the bowl.
I haven't seen any mention of it or I must have missed it. Was it in one of the dynavap videos or something?

They hardly post here anymore.

I said it a long time ago and I'll say it again I think the 5 fin M and 5 fin Ti tips look too similar. There's nothing special about the looks of the top of the line tip when compared to the entry level. I'd like to see a bit more visual distinction between them besides the helical grooves that are hidden when the cap is on.

Not really heard anyone call it the 6th gen yet, but seeing it for the first time so close, next to the 5th gen tip, I think the 6th gen title is fair. . Not heard many reports on any differences in performance yet. One person mentioned easier screen placement in the smaller bowl positions but I don’t know if that is accurate.
6th gen seems right to me, the round bottom channels make it distinctly different than the previous generations.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
So I went on the internet, and bought a fake hammer. Guess I didn’t nail it. :love::ko:

J9NgVvz.jpg

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I haven't seen any mention of it or I must have missed it. Was it in one of the dynavap videos or something?

They hardly post here anymore.

I said it a long time ago and I'll say it again I think the 5 fin M and 5 fin Ti tips look too similar. There's nothing special about the looks of the top of the line tip when compared to the entry level. I'd like to see a bit more visual distinction between them besides the helical grooves that are hidden when the cap is on.

6th gen seems right to me, the round bottom channels make it distinctly different than the previous generations.

The most interesting thing about the photo above of the two tips is that the new one looks like it has a lot more mass than the older. Maybe it's an optical illusion, but it looks like there is more titanium left in the bottom of the grooves than has been removed on the edge of the fins, compared to the older tip.

Looking at the changes from the 4th Gen tip to the current 6th Gen tip it seems obvious that the changes are likely for ease and speed of machining. I can only imagine that the current tip is a lot quicker, requires a less complex amount machining actions, and breaks less cutters.

This might be viewed as a shame, but I imagine that to grow the company efficiently, and continue in development at the rate DV do, simplifying the tip manufacture and reducing time and costs on that part of production was a BIG deal for them. And having a similar design to the current SS tip probably helps this even further.

I don't believe George would put out a part that doesn't function well. For example. .
While I prefer the look of the gorgeous 7fin 4th Gen tip, I definitely get consistently better hits from my 5fin 5th Gen tip. . maybe i'd prefer the newest tip even more despite visually liking it the least of all 3. . .

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The most interesting thing about the photo above of the two tips is that the new one looks like it has a lot more mass than the older. Maybe it's an optical illusion, but it looks like there is more titanium left in the bottom of the grooves than has been removed on the edge of the fins, compared to the older tip.

I don't believe George would put out a part that doesn't function well. For example. .
While I prefer the look of the gorgeous 7fin 4th Gen tip, I definitely get consistently better hits from my 5fin 5th Gen tip. . maybe i'd prefer the newest tip even more despite visually liking it the least of all 3. . .
Funny thing is I actually like the look of the Gen 6 tip the most out of all of the 5 fin tips. And I don't think there's hardly any extra mass, the edges of the fins are much thinner. If anything this should perform better than the straight fin profile and have less stress risers.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Funny thing is I actually like the look of the Gen 6 tip the most out of all of the 5 fin tips. And I don't think there's hardly any extra mass, the edges of the fins are much thinner. If anything this should perform better than the straight fin profile and have less stress risers.
So, George didn't announce the new tip. It was @babaganush who posted the first picture of the Gen6 tip soon after he got it from the 420 sale and I posted about it and suggested the Gen6 moniker at that time. That was about 4/27
Dynavap VapCap Post
I have subsequently suggested that the Gen6 tip (IMHO) gives the best airflow so far other than the LE7fin tip. I really do like the Gen6 tip. Anyone who has gotten a tip post 420 should be getting that tip. I got mine in my 420 order, but I don't know if everyone did. Kinda like the Ti condensers I think. George was transitioning before he made the announcement.

Nephele

Ok I am relatively new to vaping and I've had my M for about 4 days so I am no expert but I think I came up with a way to take hits that I didn't see mentioned here before. Apologies if this is double posted, admittedly I've read a lot of pages in this thread but nowhere near the 1294 pages up to now. So far I have read of the mouth pull technique of the mouth to lung technique while furthering the carb.

So, what I did (by accident first but then tried to do on purpose and by now I think I perfected it) was to keep the carb closed while taking a mouth to lung breath BUT instead of furthering the carb, I kept the carb closed AND I was inhaling from my mouth and nose at the same time. At first it was a bit weird and could not control it very well (meaning that I would inhale from mouth and then from nose interchangeably) but with a few hits it was seamless and the less I thought of it the better it got. From click to click I do two of those hits. The benefits for me where that I produced much better clouds this way, it hurt my sensitive lungs much less, the draw restriction was very comfortable, I didn't have to worry about manipulating the carb all the time, and I think it got me a better high.

Do you think I am on to something here or is it better to try and master the other two techniques for better results?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I have often wondered why Geo has not resolved the issue of air restriction. he seemed to have tweaked everything but.

The cap has to be long enough so that it will stay on, that meant to make it long enough to do so.

However, in covering the first two fins, it effectively restricts the inflow of air, causing some to
vertigo, sucking hard.

Making the cap shorter, so it doesn’t cover the fins, would solve that. Then it would come back to the problem of it falling off.

A virtual mobius.

As an experiment, I am going to drill a triad of tiny air holes in the cap channel between where the top of the tip ends, and the fins begin.

Hopefully this will allow for good air intake.

~~~~~~~~>

...but did you get hammered with it? :cool:

What a nice looking vape attribute!

All that was missing

LgrVkd4.jpg

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Ok I am relatively new to vaping and I've had my M for about 4 days so I am no expert but I think I came up with a way to take hits that I didn't see mentioned here before. Apologies if this is double posted, admittedly I've read a lot of pages in this thread but nowhere near the 1294 pages up to now. So far I have read of the mouth pull technique of the mouth to lung technique while furthering the carb.

So, what I did (by accident first but then tried to do on purpose and by now I think I perfected it) was to keep the carb closed while taking a mouth to lung breath BUT instead of furthering the carb, I kept the carb closed AND I was inhaling from my mouth and nose at the same time. At first it was a bit weird and could not control it very well (meaning that I would inhale from mouth and then from nose interchangeably) but with a few hits it was seamless and the less I thought of it the better it got. From click to click I do two of those hits. The benefits for me where that I produced much better clouds this way, it hurt my sensitive lungs much less, the draw restriction was very comfortable, I didn't have to worry about manipulating the carb all the time, and I think it got me a better high.

Do you think I am on to something here or is it better to try and master the other two techniques for better results?

Float like water. and if it works it works.

From what you describe and from what I've been dry practicing now it seems like a nice way to do it. And I don't think I've read it before.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Looking at the changes from the 4th Gen tip to the current 6th Gen tip it seems obvious that the changes are likely for ease and speed of machining. I can only imagine that the current tip is a lot quicker, requires a less complex amount machining actions, and breaks less cutters.

This might be viewed as a shame, but I imagine that to grow the company efficiently, and continue in development at the rate DV do, simplifying the tip manufacture and reducing time and costs on that part of production was a BIG deal for them. And having a similar design to the current SS tip probably helps this even further.
While I don't doubt that the Gen6 tips may be easier to machine (I truly have no idea but it makes sense) I have no reason to believe that they reduce performance in any way. My own experience, as a matter of fact, would suggest the opposite. I think it performs better, but the difference is not huge.

While any business that want to stay in business has to always be watching their bottom line, so far at least George has seemed to be more (or at least as) interested in keeping us happy. Maybe I am a little more trusting of George's methods and motivations because he feels like a friend (yeah, I'm a fan but not a boy for some time) but most every move forward that I have seen from this company has served US as well (or more) as it served DV.

szai

While I don't doubt that the Gen6 tips may be easier to machine (I truly have no idea but it makes sense) I have no reason to believe that they reduce performance in any way. My own experience, as a matter of fact, would suggest the opposite. I think it performs better, but the difference is not huge.

While any business that want to stay in business has to always be watching their bottom line, so far at least George has seemed to be more (or at least as) interested in keeping us happy. Maybe I am a little more trusting of George's methods and motivations because he feels like a friend (yeah, I'm a fan but not a boy for some time) but most every move forward that I have seen from this company has served US as well (or more) as it served DV.

Those aren't Gen 6. They are Gen 5.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You can call them what you like, but I am calling them Gen6. I think the scalloped channels and pointed fins are dramatic enough changes to give it a generational name change. And it makes it much easier to tell them apart when talking about them.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I don't know anything either. Let's just call it the mkii or maybe Gen 5 Slim?

We're already dealing with the Gen 4 Le.

DynaLeaks

Well, then it should be called gen7. :cool: And watch out for your NDA...

I am not a "club member" so I obviously don't know about anything coming down the pipe, but this tip really does need it's own name.

You ain’t missing button. Just a bunch of gabby, testosterone prone boys.....
(don’t tell them I said that)

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Thing is an actual Gen 6 is forthcoming.
NDA?
Those aren't Gen 6. They are Gen 5.
They sure don't look like a Gen 5 with the different fin profile? The generations that started here on FC don't agree with Dynavap. They have their own "generations" as I recall George considering Gen 4 tips as Gen 3 tips. This may be a flash in the pan type of generation like Gen 4 if you say there's another generation already on the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom