Likun

Yay I got my shipping confirmation today. :)
Now I just have to wait ~4 weeks to get it through customs and I even may pay taxes. It's so awesome to order from overseas... Funny thing is that it will still be cheaper than buying in EU.

ander

Yay I got my shipping confirmation today. :)
Now I just have to wait ~4 weeks to get it through customs and I even may pay taxes. It's so awesome to order from overseas... Funny thing is that it will still be cheaper than buying in EU.
Me to. Got it some days ago for the order I made the 19/4, and now it is on fly. Just when I was wondering if the shipping confirm was lost... I got it. Patience is a virtue. ;)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My cap needs it

It sure does, and when you accidentally combust the tip needs a good clean to get rid of the smell.
The User Card that came with my 2018M shows a pic of all the parts minus the cap in a cleaning solution so I was hesitant to threw mine in the ultrasonic cleaner at first, I did and still works fine with no smell.

No photos or it did not happen.... if I could upload my own photos to this site I would, I can`t so I won`t, I don`t trust any 3rd party site because I am a grumpy old shit that hates learning crap about computers and smart phones and I get sick of pimply faced teenagers that say.....it`s easy.:bang:

Last edited:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Not OT at all I guess. Well, this is my official way to clean it inside (and to clean pretty all metal parts of vapes): I use baking soda....

And here it is, shining as new.
IMG_3792.jpg

:cool:

Baking Soda does miracles when it comes to cleaning vape metal parts.
It easily removes most of residues (gunk ) and almost every odor ,
while being extra gentle with the metal surface.

ISO for greasy and oily substances ,baking soda for all the rest !

Cheers!

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
After reading so much about a change in QC I think my initial thoughts were right. When receiving 2 18Ms and 1 17M from friend and free Ti Tip sales (my first VCs) I was a bit surprised about the marks on the 18Ms. But credited it to the first batch sickness and also functionality was not impaired.
But when I (luckily) cleaned the parts with Ethanol I was even more surprised about the dark oily stuff on the qtip!
At that point I also thought cleaning is obviously a must and should be communicated hugely in the manual!
Sad things are not as qualitative as earlier, I have 3 clean functioning vapes now but a scratched omni would sadden me deeply :\

7oli5

Guys, it is obvious that lately, the company has seen an explosion in popularity and some time will be needed for them to adjust. I am sure George will gladly hire new people to ensure quality consistency etc. The popularity goes hand in hand with increased revenue for the company so I don't see a reason for them not to tackle this issues, especially for someone like George that seems a perfectionist. They will probably need to adjust the way they work as an organization to handle the increasing orders while keeping R&D and other departments adequately manned and founded. It's a transition period just give it time.

DirtyD

I have probably never ,maybe once?,cleaned any of my new DV stuff before first use. Why? The " kid on Xmas morning frothing frenzy " thing had me in its clamps. I just cannot wait to fill em up and use them:cool:. Once I did run a q tip with is o before first use- on my omni xl condenser. An 80 dollar metal tube! Worth EVERY penny and Just a little bit of grey on q tip. :lol: Yes i would clean my DV stuff , one probably should. Maybe next time. Cheers to all! D.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Just me, I feel that every piece coming off the manufacturing process should be squeekly
clean, and inspected before mailing to a satisfied customer.

Otherwise, the vocal minority can lead to losses, both in terms of a dip in one’s reputation,
and in $ales.

The difference in German efficiency, and China products.

Still, I haven’t had any complaints about my purchases from DynaVap.

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities
It’s incredible how fast people disconnect the human aspect of a company once a product is established and running.

Dynavap has been founded three years ago (correct me if I’m wrong), from a developers viewpoint what they achieved is nothing less but amazing.
From glass, to creating five or more different tips, innumerable bodies and stems, accessories and stashes, each one clever and well thought of.
The M clearly filled a hole in the vape market, lifting the company up to the level it should reach, in proportion to the devotion put into this.
In such a short time span, nothing less than amazing.

Now, through ingenious marketing they have created their own proverbial tsunami as @stark1 stated.
And indeed, probably the sales even exceeded their own expectations, as for the first time I am reading true complaints, and I have been reading this monster of a thread since page 100 or so.

Yet, what I actually read are first of all, enormous first world problems with a good dose of impatience.
We live in polluted towns, let water become flammable in Flint, consume enormous quantities of food preservation chemicals, yet we are able to complain about the fact that you need to clean a product once you receive it.

I feel sad for Dynavap, their generous sale backfired a little on this forum, and I think I’m signing out of this thread.

Thanks it was fun, I love my woody, I respect George and his team, yet these kind of discussions of the last 6 pages make me cringe.

Peace, I was going to say we all should have a vape and chill out, but I don’t know if that is the answer, it seems it makes people over-think stuff.

jds

It’s incredible how fast people disconnect the human aspect of a company once a product is established and running.

Dynavap has been founded three years ago (correct me if I’m wrong), from a developers viewpoint what they achieved is nothing less but amazing.
From glass, to creating five or more different tips, innumerable bodies and stems, accessories and stashes, each one clever and well thought of.
The M clearly filled a hole in the vape market, lifting the company up to the level it should reach, in proportion to the devotion put into this.

Now, through ingenious marketing they have created their own proverbial tsunami as @stark1 stated.
And indeed, probably the sales even exceeded their own expectations, as for the first time I am reading true complaints, and I have been reading this monster of a thread since page 100 or so.

Yet, what I actually read are first of all, enormous first world problems with a good dose of impatience.
We live in polluted towns, let water become flammable in Flint, consume enormous quantities of food preservation chemicals, yet we are able to complain about the fact that you need to clean a product once you receive it.

I feel sad for Dynavap, their generous sale backfired a little on this forum, and I think I’m signing out of this thread.

Thanks it was fun, I love my woody, I respect George and his team, yet these kind of discussions of the last 6 pages make me cringe.

Peace, I was going to say we all should have a vape and chill out, but I don’t know if that is the answer, it seems it makes people over-think stuff.

I'm going to try to not sound harsh, but IMO, this kind of overreaction is the reason these threads devolve into blind praise for a manufacturer instead of allowing actual conversations to happen. Problems are normal. Dynavap will work through them. Everything will be fine in due time I'm sure. Meanwhile, some people have issues and only through people complaining can a company realize what they did wrong and improve.

Endlessly bashing a company would be about as bad as endlessly praising it, but so far, I haven't seen that happen, just some incidents of people being unhappy and expressing their opinions.

If this is too much for you, I think you will not find many hobby-oriented communities online where you will feel comfortable staying.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

You’re upset because there’s some honest QC issues being brought up? After how many pages you’re going to jump ship because there’s a few rough ones?

This forum has always been a critical group that examines things with a fine tooth comb. I welcome it because it’s for the better of us all. Until recently none of us had any reason to be critical of the company.

What does the sales success of the company have to do with the quality of the parts they’re releasing?

You can have all sorts of wide spread success but if you aren’t up holding your standards that success becomes wide spread problems.

What does pollution and fast food in America have to do with any of this? Those are your social problems don’t try to make me feel sorry about them.

LabPong

Friends don't let friends go "milk toast".

For the money.....these imperfections in production should not occur. Dynavap should do these customers right and offer replacements as their QC has always been so much better than what we see all of a sudden with the big sale recently.

I'm sure someone will from Dynavap will weigh in here soon...but sort of odd that they have not done that yet as they are normally on top of communication with this customer base on FC.

Newcastle

Stoned!
I find comments by @stark1 and other long time vapers odd. Do you order from other companies and vape without cleaning them? Would you buy glass without cleaning it before use? I dont care if it looks clean I dont know who or how it was handled so I clean all my new toys... @stark1 I hope you dont think I am attacking you. Your name was the first I could think of. I guess I dont understand the call for a sterile vape delivered. When do we take responsibility for our goods? QC will be handled as it always has in the past and we havent seen them stop taking care of us.
Sooooo Relax Brothers and Sisters and enjoy the day...:peace::2c:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I find comments by @stark1 and other long time vapers odd. Do you order from other companies and vape without cleaning them? Would you buy glass without cleaning it before use? I dont care if it looks clean I dont know who or how it was handled so I clean all my new toys... @stark1 I hope you dont think I am attacking you. Your name was the first I could think of. I guess I dont understand the call for a sterile vape delivered. When do we take responsibility for our goods? QC will be handled as it always has in the past and we havent seen them stop taking care of us.
Sooooo Relax Brothers and Sisters and enjoy the day...:peace::2c:

I clean all my vapes and parts before first use too. And back in the day when I got plastic session vapes I did burn-offs followed by swabbing parts with an ISO soaked Q tip. And recently I've noticed almost no residue on my DV parts when I clean them-much better than my first couple of items even from just Dec. '17.

I guess we could expect DV to do an ISO soak and a rinse, but then someone has to handle them for shipping and packing and that person may have a virus or share their bacteria.

I've always made it a routine to wash any new item that's going to go in my mouth or that's going to have breath drawn through it. It's just basic hygiene.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I can only imagine that the number of sales FAR exceeded their expectations. I can't think of any other reason the company have been so unusually quiet for the last week or so.
I'd love to know how many actual orders were placed during the 4/20 sale. I bet those numbers would seem absurd for a small company of 10-15 people producing, marketing, storing and shipping everything in house under one roof.

I'm not trying to continue any debates on justification or validity of these QC issues or shipping delays. I'm just chatting. .

BaHayZeus

Granted I’m a first timer but just got my M in the 420 sale and it looks pretty damn near perfect to me. Still working on my technique but think my click is a little tough to hear over the torch noise. Are some louder than others or does the click change over time?

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Granted I’m a first timer but just got my M in the 420 sale and it looks pretty damn near perfect to me. Still working on my technique but think my click is a little tough to hear over the torch noise. Are some louder than others or does the click change over time?
Cap clicks definitely vary both from cap to cap and over time/with use in the same cap.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

I have 6 caps and they all have different click volumes, but one of them is exceedingly quiet and has still become my favorite cap. I've learned to feel for the click-it's quite easy really once you know what to feel for. I believe that's called a haptic indicator. Just one more cool thing about vapcaps.

Newcastle

Stoned!
To keep this positive thank yall for the cap cleaning tip. Baking Soda and water it will be. @Squiby your a pro. Us beginners combust and the cap really gets the but of it.
As far as them being quiet.....how much time do we waste here? :lol: He would have to hire someone to babysit us as fast as this page moves. :lmao: KEEP CALM AND VAPE ON! :rofl:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I like bitchin, Bro. :D

No, actually, when a product is marketed, it should be delivered to the consumer
clean, and usable. Sanitized.

Not looking like it just came out of the manufacturing floor, with cooling fluid, and metal shavings still attached.

Aberrations, and deformities should not be sent out.

Good reputation is earned slowly, poor QC buckles that goodness rapidly.

Again, I have no quibbles, VapCap has always done right by me.

Sounds like it is an in-house problem, a weak link in production line protocol. :ugh:

Or a disgruntled employee...

BaHayZeus

Cap clicks definitely vary both from cap to cap and over time/with use in the same cap.

Thanks for that info! I’m definitely getting more used to it- managed to combust my 1st load but 2nd & 3rd much better. Just need more practice ( and probably a higher tolerance for that practice ) I can see why people are huge fans of this device. Really luv the community here and personally don’t feel the small bit of criticism in the thread ruins that for me.

Newcastle

Stoned!
Sooooo I have had my dual torch for a few days now. I already mentioned the small tank. Well other than that I like it! The flavor over using my triple torch is much better to me. I could only imagine a single torch would be even better.
@stark1 we agree to disagree....:lmao:

Top Bottom