phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Dynalowrider I've no idea on the science to do with the lower pressure and boiling point in the VC but I know the Venturi effect drops the pressure behind the screen which helps pull vapor from the load.
Very important with the earlier Ti tips.

@cybrguy here's a video of a glass condenserless stem.
With the fully open carb I had to use a straight to lung technique.
I try mouth to lung at all carb sizes.

Lady V

I've got one more question for you guys. I tried to heat my cap with a candle (tea light candle) but I failed miserably as it took 2 minutes of me twisting it slowly over the flame and then gave up. Does any of you that use a candle have any tips or can tell me what I'm doing wrong... (I promise I'll keep it down with all the questions)

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I've got one more question for you guys. I tried to heat my cap with a candle (tea light candle) but I failed miserably as it took 2 minutes of me twisting it slowly over the flame and then gave up. Does any of you that use a candle have any tips or can tell me what I'm doing wrong... (I promise I'll keep it down with all the questions)

Just because you may do something does not necessarily mean you should. I would take a triple torch over a double, than a double over a single and a single over a bic lighter or candle

YaMon,
Reactions: stark1

Dynalowrider

In order to move a gas or in this case vapor from one place to another, the higher pressure will move to the lower pressure, right?
The boiling point is the temperature at which the vapor pressure is equal to the atmospheric pressure around the water. Because of this, the boiling point of water is lower at lower pressure and higher at higher pressure.
So if you lower the atmospheric pressure you lower the boiling point, right?
In fluid dynamics, an incompressible fluid's velocity must increase as it passes through a constriction in accord with the principle of mass continuity, while its static pressure must decrease in accord with the principle of conservation of mechanical energy. In order to increase the velocity, you have to suck on the vc to move the vapor from one place, (the bowel to the condenser), past the constriction to create a lower pressure on the other side of the constriction, right?
So the VC has to have vacuum to create the Venturi Effect. Not only does the Venturi Effect create a Vacuum it lowers the boiling point of the vapor on top of the vacuum.
I'm not disputing what you are saying, just that w/o a vacuum the VC won't work, whether by "mouth pull" or "lung pull". A suck is a suck, anyway you look at it. JMHO Doc

Edit: some of the above is from Wiki.

Dynalowrider,
Reactions: vaporRN

Lady V

Just because you may do something does not necessarily mean you should. I would take a triple torch over a double, than a double over a single and a single over a bic lighter or candle

I own torch lighters. I'm just interested in learning how to use a candle as well. Lighters break, you can find yourself out of butane, things happen. Why not acquire knowledge of more than one techniques? When everything else fails you, it can certainly turn out to be very handy!

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I own torch lighters. I'm just interested in learning how to use a candle as well. Lighters break, you can find yourself out of butane, things happen. Why not acquire knowledge of more than one techniques? When everything else fails you it can certainly turn out to be very handy!
No question about it, you are 100% correct! Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Respect! -YaMon

Jax216

Yeah...I guess I should apologize for my posts last night.

I was really frustrated, and just needed to vent. There was no guarantee, and this 4/20 just didn't turn out well for me.
But it wasn't Dynavap's fault, as they never said that everyone would have an opportunity to get the deal, and I should have kept my venting to myself.

I was viewing it less like a lottery, and more like a "if you follow the rules, take the time and effort to be there and ready at the right times, then you'll get the deal" kinda thing.

My bad.
Same here. Sorry everyone. Especially To the DynaVap Team.

Vaporware

I own torch lighters. I'm just interested in learning how to use a candle as well. Lighters break, you can find yourself out of butane, things happen. Why not acquire knowledge of more than one techniques? When everything else fails you, it can certainly turn out to be very handy!

Experimenting with backup heat sources sounds like a good idea, but remember that your heat sources can also contaminate your vaporizer/materials/the air you’re pulling through. I’m not sure how much wax/soot/etc. you might get from heating with a candle, but it’s something to consider.

I’ve also been wondering about heating it by setting it on top of a stove or my FlowerPot (which is a little silly, but might be fun to try), and I’ll probably try that once I get it, but I’m not sure how well it would work heating it only from the end of the cap. Maybe rolling it around on its side would work better?

Lady V

Experimenting with backup heat sources sounds like a good idea, but remember that your heat sources can also contaminate your vaporizer/materials/the air you’re pulling through. I’m not sure how much wax/soot/etc. you might get from heating with a candle, but it’s something to consider.

I’ve also been wondering about heating it by setting it on top of a stove or my FlowerPot (which is a little silly, but might be fun to try), and I’ll probably try that once I get it, but I’m not sure how well it would work heating it only from the end of the cap. Maybe rolling it around on its side would work better?

That's true! I should be considering contaminants. I don't really know enough about the physics of this device or it's potential health risks. It's only been 3 months since I 've been out of smoking and into vaping, and still transitioning from daily burning my lungs, to actually taking care of my health. So I'm still used to being reckless with stuff like this.

Anyhow, I was thinking about trying the stove, but it felt like a waste of energy and haven't tried it yet.
Also thought of trying a tea light oil diffuser, but I'm pretty sure this is an absolutely dumb idea...

GtrBob

Has anyone tried an FM-5, or a Solo II as the heat source?
[Does it get to the click, heat evenly say?]

GtrBob,

MinnBobber

........................................................................................................................................
Think about the sequence on your VapCap:
heat cap until it clicks, remove heat source, then put vapcap to your lips and inhale. When you inhale, all you have is the hot tip and air entering from the bottom of the cap. You could have deep soot deposit on the cap and air enters from a different direction so totally pure---only high temp metal innards involved here.
VC is one of the cleanest vape systems that there is!

Same for butane or whatever the source, you heat, click, remove heat source so absolutely no contamination from the heat source.
The only issue with alt heat like a candle or bic lighter is that the cap can get sooty----not a health issue at all, just a cleanliness issue-- you then have a dirty cap exterior which has no impact on internal vapor quality :)

paehtod

Heat the cap with soft flame/candle, rotate above the flame, around 1.5 mins for the click, the taste is very nice.
Here is a video of soft flame heat up Ti tip with my @Winegums stem with my favorite band "Los indios tabajaras":luv:, you can see the heat up time is quite long but i can tell ya, the vapor is taste best, better than triple or single torch.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@cybrguy here's a video of a glass condenserless stem.
With the fully open carb I had to use a straight to lung technique.
I try mouth to lung at all carb sizes.
Well, you certainly seem to be able to get good hits condenserless with an air hole. Doesn't seem like it should work that well, but seeing is believing. I don't have a condenserless stem yet to try it, but I will at some point.

I will add that I have tried your technique of skipping the click and I have never been very successful, but I'm sure that is just my not getting it. I have only tried with Ti tips and I know you prefer SS, but I can't imagine that is a necessary variable.

Vaporware

........................................................................................................................................
Think about the sequence on your VapCap:
heat cap until it clicks, remove heat source, then put vapcap to your lips and inhale. When you inhale, all you have is the hot tip and air entering from the bottom of the cap. You could have deep soot deposit on the cap and air enters from a different direction so totally pure---only high temp metal innards involved here.
VC is one of the cleanest vape systems that there is!

Same for butane or whatever the source, you heat, click, remove heat source so absolutely no contamination from the heat source.
The only issue with alt heat like a candle or bic lighter is that the cap can get sooty----not a health issue at all, just a cleanliness issue-- you then have a dirty cap exterior which has no impact on internal vapor quality :)

I agree for the most part, if you only hit the cap and you remove it from the heat source before you start inhaling (not everyone does from what I’ve heard) you shouldn’t have much to worry about, and I’m sure a tea light isn’t putting out too much bad stuff, but the main point was that we should consider the possibility of contamination from dirty heat sources.

You can stand near a candle and smell it easily from a much greater distance than the distance from the cap to the rest of the device, so I would expect some amount of those byproducts to settle at a minimum on the air intake if not inside the device.

Again in this case it’s probably not a big deal, but I would personally look for sources that were not combustion based or at least not giving off a lot of unknown byproducts through combustion. I don’t think many use them anymore, but there used to be a lot of candles with lead in their wicks for example. Even if it was only deposited on the cap I’d want to avoid that!

Summer

Long Island, NY
I was viewing it less like a lottery, and more like a "if you follow the rules, take the time and effort to be there and ready at the right times, then you'll get the deal" kinda thing.

The latter is how I look at it -- If I'm there at the right time, prepared, then I'll get the deal ... especially when I was up for 42 hours straight. :ugh: I demand deal success for the loss of beauty sleep & the bags under my eyes. I went to bed @ 4a on the 21st & slept till 4p & I still could have slept another 12 hours!

’ve also been wondering about heating it by setting it on top of a stove

If you're sans a lighter & you have a gas stove, why not. There shouldn't be any soot on the cap, and you only have to turn the stove on for a few sec. until click.

@Summer, just curious, can you take out the mouthpiece assembly on your MV1 and use the MV1's heater to heat up your Vapcap? My MV1 isn't working but I was thinking the MV1 heater is pretty beefy!

Luckily for you, I haven't returned my defective unit yet & wouldn't dare try it with my perfectly functioning new unit :o, but, no, no heat transfer at all for the regulated 15 sec. heat cycle. You can, however, go the path of @antispleen who has used a 510 mod with kanthal coils or @stark1 who I believe uses a concentrate donut/mod setup.

Well, it's a little confusing for me, but if it works for you then I say GO for it. Part of what is great about this family of vapes is their flexibility. There is really no one way to do anything.

@cybrguy, yes, this is the joy of the vc -- that it can be personalized for individual preference in numerous ways. And thank you for not being patronizing. :cool: Just try it once. If you have an omni, just remove the condenser. If you have the omni assembly & an M, then remove the condenser & insert the mp. If no omni assembly, try it with just the M condenserless, although it is much nicer with the mp. If you hate it, so be it. I believe it was @beyond6strings who tried it after I posted & liked it. Look, liking the least amount of restriction, I just figured I'd try the M condenserless & the mp was an afterthought. I tried it & liked it. That's all I know & didn't analyze it beyond that. I do slow, easy lung pulls with this set up, but I collect the bulk of the vapor in the back of my mouth &, when appropriate, I open the carb & draw that vapor into my lungs, then close the carb & repeat another 1 or 2x in the same hit. I only do 10 - 15 sec. draws. When using the condenser, I may draw the same or do mouth pulls; sometimes though, I do click-to-click draws (my caps click at 20, 23 & 27 secs). I just do whatever feels right at that moment. I'm not ritualistic. All I know is that I get non-combustion vapor & I get high, & I enjoy the vc's joint-like design. I'm not interested in analyzing it physics-wise. I don't have to understand the mechanics of a car in order to drive it.

Thanks much for putting up the video @phattpiggie. My knight in shining armor! I feel redeemed. :D It might not be desireable for most, but you've shown that it is doable.; and that I'm not :mental:. It looks like the sweet spot for vapor production is the .5mm carb. I have to assume that you won't be repeating this setup due to your IH usage technique & your love of thick, hard-hitting vapor (If I only had as good lungs.) I could hear how hard you had to pull to get sufficient vapor.

@Dynalowrider, so glad you're doing better! At some point when I have both the desire & much time for comprehension, I assure you I will revisit your & @stardustsailor's posts to work through an understanding of what you both presented.

stardustsailor's posts:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-1129#post-1232026
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-855#post-1181121
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-1140#post-1233558

Last edited:

howzcat

Hard on Glass
Hey guys!
Just reading the last few pages i've seen people ask questions and for every question asked there's at least 3 or 4 answers - i think this defines the Dynavap user base, one of the best there is! :)

With this in mind, and with the knowledge that there are so many possible combination and variants in this Dyna-Lego World, i've started a little project - but i need your help!

The link is: http://dynavap.wikia.com

Please stop by and help us fill it with information. You can add literally anything dynavap related: guides, faq's, history, galleries, anything. We'll worry about the format later.

Anybody can add anything, but if you have any problem just register on the site and send me a PM, i'll add you to the mod team.

For comparison the only article that's somewhat close to what the final product would be is this one.

Thanks for your help, dynafriends!

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Brewervapesalot, I am by no means an expert on the vc. But I'm sure if I misspeak, others will jump in to correct or elaborate on what I said. That's the only way to learn.

While I agree with all your pluses, I beg to differ with following:

"Minuses:"

"- not stealth. At least not with a lighter/flame/torch."

True, but that's where an induction heater or 510 mod comes in.

"- I don't find the omni's adjustable air flow helpful or that it really does much."

I, too, feel this way. For me, I don't think the Omni assembly provides enough airflow. *Note, DV is sending me a replacement omni assembly to try out as they think mine many be defective. I'll let you know if I change my opinion.

"- I get one hit per heat up, unless I rush.",

I see no problem with this. The amount of hits per heat cycle varies among users. I'd say 1-3 hits is the norm depending on:

- how one draws: how deeply you draw; the longer & deeper you draw not only takes more time, but I would suspect cools down the tip faster as your bringing cool air into the tip, cooling it down even faster.
- the length of time you hold a hit
- the tip used (ss retains more heat than ti)
- how long the tip is heated up for -- some go as far as 3 sec. past click with a lighter. *DV doesn't recommend going more than 2 sec at most so as not to damage the cap.

So all these factors combined affect the hit. I get 1 or 2 hits per cycle. My lungs are sensitive so I don't draw in too deeply so I cough my lungs out & I vary the times I hold it in.

"- Can't always hear the click. Bluetooth ear protection or headphones blocks the sound while working outside on the lawn."

Then simply not a good situation to use it in.

"- vapor is warm. Definitely soar spot on back of my throat from the heat of the vapor."

Throat & lung sensitivity differ. Feather the carb more to let more fresh air in which will reduce the thickness of vapor &, thus, the harshness or take lighter draws. Unfortunately, there are always compromises.

"- two handed operation, mostly."

Not with an IH, or when using inside with a table lighter.

"- zippo looking lighter uses fuel really quickly because the flame doesnt get very small and fuel tank is tiny. Problem is I think it's the classiest looking and most comfortable in my pocket lighter."

Personal choice of giving up efficiency & capacity for ergonomics & aesthetics. Once again, there are always compromises.

"- Have a thicker (or just really thick) cap that stays hot for a long time?"

Try a '17M ss tip which stays hotter longer. Don't know the implication of this, but a thicker cap would also take longer to heat up.

"- integrate a longer vapor path and heat sink into the stem to help cooling. Hard because need to be able to clean. But I was thinking add another tube within a tube to channel the vapor back and forth from the cap end to the mouthpiece end a couple times before it enters your mouth. Then add some fins for cooling on the stem that double a grips for your fingers."

I & the majority of users like the design of the vc just as it is. I say if it ain't broke, don't fix & if it's functioning successfully for the majority, don't change it. And as far as the physics of it what you say, someone else will have to pipe in.

"- sell small portable induction heaters. I like the idea of the heater being separate from the device. This allows some users to marry the non mechanical device with electronics. At the same time, those who don't want electronics and want a simple mechanical device don't have to marry up with an electoral cord."

This I don't understand as Pipes currently makes successful IHs, DV is coming out with one in the coming months (btw, a stealth coffee cup which goes back to your 1st minus of not being stealth because of the lighter) & you could always go the 510 mod route.

- a visual clue that the temperature is right. My Springfield 45 (handgun) has a small metal notch pop out when a round is in the chamber. It's a really nice, simple, feature. Similarly, could the cap on the omni have a small metal piece pop out when it's hot and up to temp?"

Not possible because there is no one right temperature. Temp is a user preference. There are those who don't even care much about vapor, they just want the flavor & to absorb the cannabinoids. If you look in the Best of VapCap thread, you will see several charts showing you the different temps achieved depending on where you position the heat source, for which you have to develop your own preference.

As the weeks & months go by, you will discover more ways to master & personalize your vc usage. It really has a learning curve.

Let me add that for me, like many others, the IH was a game changer. It opened the door for the those of us who struggled with using a lighter successfully. I suspect that to be a bonafide vc expert one has to master the lighter as it gives you total heating control over the cap which in the end determines the quality & quantity of your vapor production, which is what you are striving for.

Please don't stop participating in this thread. We really are a friendly, helpful bunch. Your post shows that you are one of the ones who has taken to the vc right off the bat. You'll be a asset to this thread so do reconsider. :)

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
"a visual clue that the temperature is right"

Not possible because there is no one right temperature. Temp is a user preference. There are those who don't even care much about vapor, they just want the flavor & to absorb the cannabinoids. If you look in the Best of VapCap thread, you will see several charts showing you the different temps achieved depending on where you position the heat source, for which you have to develop your own preference.

Actually I found that idea interesting.
The disc in the closed end of the cap actually clicks at a defined temperature range.
Users can vary the heat reached in the tip by heating the tip further away from the disc in the cap. This gives the tip more heat before the disc in the cap finally gets hot enough to click.

The idea of a cap with a visual indicator rather than just a sound one is a nice idea for some situations. Weather it's actually possible, in a practical sense, is another matter.

Don't know why, when talking vapcap I seem to write 'disk' as 'disc' like compact disc?? Weird how the brain works. .

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Happy Monday Morning Madness, to our stressed now Free Community!

Hope everyone did well with the DV 4:20 Sales. :spliff:

SDS, among others are talking about the niceties of DuPont, and Teflon use in another
thread. Better living thru chemistry. Not.

Hope everyone get their goodies soon. :clap:

Happy Finally Spring!

64yYn7R.jpg

Dutch-Mic

Wow the thread moved fast during the 420 sale! I bought a stem and some spareparts, and fought the urge to buy a Omni condenser for $51 (yes it was in the basket and didn't bought it, take that DVAS!).

About the TI tip, I wondered what the use was of the adjustable screens. I always used tiny nugs and the screen position didn't matter to me. A few days ago I loaded grinded material in the tip and finally realised the benefits of the adjustable screen: it makes loading and microdosing easier and quicker! I know the most of you already know this, but for me it was an "aha! moment".

The only "downside" of loading grinded material is that the condenser needs to be cleaned sooner, but it's nice to have both options. What a versatile vape!

Last edited:

LabPong

The only "downside" of loading grinded material is that the condenser needs to be cleaned sooner, but it's nice to have both options.

This is why I also use a SS screen on top of the Ti CCD. The arizer stem screen work perfect for this. Just bend into a slight cup with flat bottom...and you are good to go.

Yes, the vapcaps have great customization for use....I use my Ti tip with carbless glass body always through water. The o-rings on the drip tip work perfect in any 14mm joint. Having this with an IH is the only way to fly for me using a Dynavap!

George Rulz! :tup:

6yc9alZ.jpg

Slappy Joe

About the TI tip, I wondered what the use was of the adjustable screens. I always used tiny nugs and the screen position didn't matter to me. A few days ago I loaded grinded material in the tip and finally realised the benefits of the adjustable screen: it makes loading and microdosing easier and quicker! I know the most of you already know this, but for me it was an "aha! moment".
I bought my '18 M during the pre sale where they offered a free Ti tip with the unit. It was the only thing keeping me back from buying one. (I wanted the adjust a bowl feature for this reason). I use very little product and microdose. I was blown away by the flavor and ease.

So with the leftover SS tip I added a condenser (with a dark wood spinning mouthpiece) to my cart to see if I could put together another unit. (420 cap is on the way).

My buddy is retired and he's a maven with the lathes and turning wood and acrylic. He was psyched for a project and made me the stem in no time. I just gave him the measurements. If you have a project you want done, PM me and I'll put you in touch with him.

The result:

jWHv7wY.jpg

Zy57V6p.jpg

Top Bottom