Choughed

I'm a little confused by the spinning titanium mouthpiece, the description doesn't say anything about compatibility with an Omni, but the compatibility chart shows an Omni midsection. Will I be able to use it if I don't own any standard midsections?
Spending another $180 this year. How did that happen?! :)

Choughed,
Reactions: stark1

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Is there still another 40% off sale today, or have they already had all 4?
I was at work all day, and couldn't check.

Ramahs,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I do see in pictures of new purchases that the titanium fins are now milled like the fins on the new ss tip.
If this is correct it is a surprise. I am not aware of any changes having already taken place to the Gen5 tip, but I am not omniscient (yet).
I'm a little confused by the spinning titanium mouthpiece, the description doesn't say anything about compatibility with an Omni, but the compatibility chart shows an Omni midsection. Will I be able to use it if I don't own any standard midsections?
An Omni condenser has it's own integral mouthpiece. I don't see how you might use a spinning MP with one.
Is there still another 40% off sale today, or have they already had all 4?
I was at work all day, and couldn't check.
There should be one more. I am guessing at 4:20 on the left coast, but that is only a guess. It may well (and probably will be) be later...

cybrguy,
Reactions: Squiby

Kalessin

It has its uses but think that’s what I don’t like about the LE 7fin, it’s pretty but it doesn’t stay hot very long.
I REALLY love that about the LE tip. I'm not convinced it's really better in any other way, but after my hit even before cool down I can handle the cap and tip using the LE. No chance of burning myself. It's warm but not painful

Kalessin,
Reactions: Squiby

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I got the server interrupt page, and the cart was empty after a long wait. Check your profile page under purchases .it should show you got it after all.

Thanks, did. Prices are 20% level ( better than none, I suppose ).

I try to keep my stress levels low, seems today is one stressful day.

Did DynaVap Live ever come back on?

stark1,
Reactions: kushkush

Chiron

Crap, I got an order in :) I went a bit conservative this attempt and bought a light wood Novavong stem and an XL condenser with cocobolo MP to mate with my free titanium tip from the earlier promo purchase AND the 420 cap. Plus a lighter, basic dynakit, & more titanium CCD's.

But here's the funny thing: As I progressed to the final checkout step, all my previous purchase attempts during my first two sales frustrations today appeared in my cart! Like in the final review portion. Of course I was feeling extreme time pressure and almost hit the buy button to complete the purchase and noticed the complete NovaVongS and all the quantities were at least two! There were four lighters, LOL. The total was well over $200.

Earlier today I was going to get an OmniVong and a stash, but toned things back. So for all that wringing of hands and grinding of teeth I got to save $60 instead of $30. Considering I might lose that much playing an online poker tourney, not a big deal in terms of monetary saving. But it goes a long way in the overspending-guilt department :) Guilt? In the last few weeks I have now gone from nothing to two DV's, a Vaponic+, and a Starry.

Squiby

Dyna is a good vape but we need style like the color metal body's do they still have those like the color of the grasshopper vape

There are beautiful after market stems that would easily quality as functional art available for Vapcaps.

@stardustsailor makes wonderful titanium stems, some of which are anodized in various colors. Here are two that he made for me.

He currently isn't taking custom orders. His work is posted for sale on FC Classifieds.

But check out his thread to see his work.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/custom-carbless-vapcap-ti-stems.25324/page-21

NHX2oy6.jpg

I am know you are asking about metal stems, but also check out @phattpiggie thread to see his stunning wood stems.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/phattpiggies-wood-shed.22215/page-40#post-1227325

And also @Winegums thread who makes awe inspired VonGs and wonderful Vapcap storage devices. He has an Etsy store that you can browse.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/WinegumsWoodcraft

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/winegums-woodcraft.23750/page-24

There is a plethora of creative, beautiful stems and accessories available for Vapcaps. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Choughed

An Omni condenser has it's own integral mouthpiece. I don't see how you might use a spinning MP with one.
Yeah, I think it was wishful thinking on my part (and a confusing compatibility chart), so I asked Dynavap if they could remove it from my order. Bummer! No matter. I'm sure they'll fix me up. I blame my husband for the DVAS! He encouraged me at 7:20am on a Saturday (before coffee and everything!) to buy everything. ;) Gotta love him.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm going to be sitting here refreshing my email, Dynavap's website, their Facebook page, and their Twitter page every 15 minutes all night till I see that last sale. Been doing it for two hours now, and don't want to miss it!

dodgy_b

So PIU has the Ominvap Carbon at $150. Is this this the same version as if I built it on Dynabuilder? If so it's $165 there.

With 20% off at PIU its $120. Seems like an appealing vas deal/score but I really don't know much about the carbon stem? Function or looks

ParanoidAndroid998

To be honest I have a Ti mouthpiece on an XL Vong and I think it is really classy looking.
D2w9SMm.jpg

In that pic the tip is the LE 7fin but it looks about the same. Standard 7Fin on the left and current Gen5 on the right.
Beautiful. Are those the "dark" and "light" wood options on the website? I just ordered the dark vong, but the light looks really nice too.. I bought the Ti mouthpiece as well.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Actually the one on the left is Cocobolo. It was my first Vong and has the roughed up side to find without looking. I actually prefer the new design.

Here are the light and dark next to each other.
iB2kDDx.jpg

And yes, they are of the new design...

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The Cocobolo wood is a little richer and pops a little more. But I like the shape and fit of the newer design. I can't imagine needing more than 3 Vongs (Oy) but if I were going to get another and the richer woods were available I would probably go that way. Cocobolo, Blackwood, or Bocote, probably.
DV is moving away from more exotic woods so you may need to go to the "wood guys" for something special.
In terms of function it makes zero difference. The light and dark locally sourced woods are just fine.

(I lust for something Bocote anbd I think it is gonna be my XL DS.)

Sander

The Cocobolo wood is a little richer and pops a little more. But I like the shape and fit of the newer design. I can't imagine needing more than 3 Vongs (Oy) but if I were going to get another and the richer woods were available I would probably go that way. Cocobolo, Blackwood, or Bocote, probably.
DV is moving away from more exotic woods so you may need to go to the "wood guys" for something special.
In terms of function it makes zero difference. The light and dark locally sourced woods are just fine.

(I lust for something Bocote anbd I think it is gonna be my XL DS.)

And here's my que to step in :)
(First time poster)

I was able to find some old stock. Dynavap extended the 20% to some retailers so I jumped on 2 omni and 2 ti-vongs each in ebony and cocobolo.
I noticed them phasing out the nicer woods and figured I might regret not jumping on the opportunity.
I'm in Canada, if anyone is interested there is one cocobolo and one ebony omni at theherbcafe and vongs in cocobolo at vapenorth (USA website sneakypete) or something, the omni ebony doesn't have the best grain btw.
Our dollar is crap so it could work out nice for Americans.
In regards to having stuff made by 3rd party. I moved from Toronto to British Columbia party for my figured wood business. I stopped making furniture and just run a chainsaw mill now. (Salvage, I'm a tree hugger).
I'm sitting on 4-5000lbs of various burl some as large as 6" across and have ongoing access to a sustainable sources.
With the popularity of this product it has given opportunity for piggy back companies.
I've been considering to start a product line and was advised by vendors to throw out idea's on here and get some feedback.
Things are hectic for me right now but maybe in the next year I'll have something for ya'll!

Top Bottom