bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Are you sure it's not the cap? One of my caps takes ages for the cool down click to occur.
+1
I now have 4 caps and they range from 30 - 45 seconds (regardless of tip material) to cool down click. I ran some experiments with a stop watch and empty VC's some time back to make sure my perception was correct. Now I routinely reheat without the cooldown click - but it's a conscious thing and I don't generally recommend it unless you've had a VC for a while. Respect the click is sound advice at the beginning.

thatoneguy445

Now I routinely reheat without the cooldown click - but it's a conscious thing and I don't generally recommend it unless you've had a VC for a while. Respect the click is sound advice at the beginning.

Whenever I do this it's on accident and leads to (close to) combustion! Even though I've had my VCs for over a year, occasionally I'm just heating along thinking "damn this is a long time to the click!! oh shit did it do a cool down click... whoops" --- hasn't happened in a while but initially that was my first 2-3 combustion scenarios.

The last time I combusted was doing exactly the above with one of the engraved caps from the flash sale. I think (and remember reading a few pages back) that the cool down click seems to come noticeably later on those caps for whatever reason.

ap13

Gotta say, part of me regrets picking up my M a couple of months ago, cause the 18M looks really nice. But I guess it was still worth it for all the good it's done me over the last two months :p

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Matching his and hers Vapcaps for a Custom order. I had a problem pop up with these that I posted about in my thread. They're all fixed now. :tup:

Ebonite, Alu, and African Stinkwood
Bby7G46.jpg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Well. We got to meet CS Joe! The Joe who sends our DV stuff out to us!

Seems like a good Joe.

Interesting how Joe kept saying VapeCap during the first half, then
In the 2nd half pronouncing it as “VapCap”.

Free shipping, that’s a big plus for our international family, but I guess
It’s all leading up to the shabang! on 4:20! Two more weeks!

xlr8shun

Are you sure it's not the cap? One of my caps takes ages for the cool down click to occur.

No, no I am not sure if it's the cap or not.. never gave the cap a thought.. but now that you say that, I don't know why I wouldn't have thought of the cap also.. it's actually what makes the click afterall...

Now I will be right back, I have an experiment to do :science:

Marlon Rando

anyone good at silk screening? lets print out some VCDC tees, or maybe joe can bring this up at next DV staff meeting? lets face it everyone on this thread is a member of the R&D team

great live session DV! I figured you joe for a brunette:lol:

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I really enjoyed tonight's Dynavap Live. One of the best. I'm excited to hear about the screen setting tool, and it looks like they're moving at appropriate speed on the DV IH launch. They should.
No one wants to be the next Grasshopper. :horse:

The only tip I would give to Joe is to listen to George a bit more and not focus as hard on the screen during the Chat Q & A-they should probably have Ben or another person choose the questions. But that's picking flyshit outta pepper.

It was fun. Based on George's estimate of next week to August for a release, I'm going to go ahead and predict that the DV IH will come out to explosive praise and success right around the 4th of July. :clap:

xlr8shun

No, no I am not sure if it's the cap or not.. never gave the cap a thought.. but now that you say that, I don't know why I wouldn't have thought of the cap also.. it's actually what makes the click afterall...

Now I will be right back, I have an experiment to do :science:

Wow.. it was the cap.. i could tell from the first heat/cool cycle.. each one after just reinforced it. as soon as I put the familiar cap on the new m18, it just, pardon the pun, clicked! Felt like second nature again.

My m17 cap has a good half a second more between heat up clicks, and I get the first cool down click right before I'm out of breath.

My new m18 cap, is really quick between heat up clicks, and I can take almost 2 full hits before the first cool down click.

Thx for the tip @tom2199

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Between now and August for the DV IH still puts me about even with the PSM (currently a 4 month wait) and I'm sure they'll be at least comparable in terms of price - I can't see the dynavap IH costing more than $150 really

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Between now and August for the DV IH still puts me about even with the PSM (currently a 4 month wait) and I'm sure they'll be at least comparable in terms of price - I can't see the dynavap IH costing more than $150 really

DV IH?
Hmmm, I should receive my very first DV (M18 + Ti tip) tomorrow, and am already lusting after an IH.
Any more info?

:peace:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Any more info?

Dynavap is making their own, open-source induction heater with the form factor of a portable coffee thermos.

We don't know jack aside from how it looks, that it's open source, that it works, and that it's coming anytime between next week and August really (or that I will be buying one the second they are listed for sale)

namasteIII

I wish they would abandon the mug design. The Portside Mini is so much smaller and more portable. Not to mention talk in that thread points to the LiPo battery giving better performance. I want first party, because it will be made to exact VapCap specifications but damn to me the PSM is a far better device. If only I could get one.

sirwalter

I wish they would abandon the mug design. The Portside Mini is so much smaller and more portable. Not to mention talk in that thread points to the LiPo battery giving better performance. I want first party, because it will be made to exact VapCap specifications but damn to me the PSM is a far better device. If only I could get one.

Thats interesting, Im on the other side of the fence- I think the mug is pretty ideal and I wish pipes would make a portsidemug with a battery indicator like the mini. I like the idea that a mug is something most people wouldn't even glance at for a second. I think it would be perfect for taking for a walk etc.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Thats interesting, Im on the other side of the fence- I think the mug is pretty ideal and I wish pipes would make a portsidemug with a battery indicator like the mini. I like the idea that a mug is something most people wouldn't even glance at for a second. I think it would be perfect for taking for a walk etc.

Pipes has Sleletors which have a short waiting time, just needs to be put in a coffee mug, and you have your custom mug for your VapCaps!

Then when VapCap has the in house IH, you will be a happy camper, and no stress in the meantime.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Big fan of the thermos design also.

They also said it uses 3 18650s.

When I used e-cigs, my 3 battery mod, used at 80-100W would last me all day (and I used it pretty frequently... ) I'm assuming the DV IH will have really good battery life (not to mention to can surely find the ideal power:battery ratio if you took the time)

Top Bottom