ArthurJ

Good morning!

pH3HTUk.jpg

szai

The Portside has arrived!!!
Now counting the hours until I leave the office. I exactly know how I will spend the evening and I am soooo much looking forward to it! :)

Good luck! I'm still figuring it out with the PS and bud. I find I'm much faster with a torch compared to the PS.
just curious.. but how can "squidgy hash" have too much plant matter in it to vape.. but, herb doesnt have too much plant matter to vape?

One of the guys here tried using SS mesh that you can get from vape shop and wrapped it around the hash. What I've tried is cotton wrapped around hash I've torched on a key. Then I heat like normal until it stops producing vapor. You get quite a few hits.

xlr8shun

oh, i am no stranger to putting concentrates in my vapcap..

i just found it funny, that evidently "squidgy hash" has too much plant matter to vape, but the actual plant matter itself doesnt... :brow:

if im putting concentrates in my vapcap, i actually much prefer the herb sandwich method, never fails, and works for shatter, to crumble, to distillate, to kief. i have used cotton and hemp before as well. i just like the extra boost of flavor from herb sandwich :)

xlr8shun

@szai make sure the batteries are topped off and same levels (general speaking).

last night after i got done fitting the new skelly holder, i forgot that the batteries were not really charged and it took much longer to heat than normal... for a second i thought i messed up some wiring somewhere..

then i realized that i was working off of 1 bar according to the battery gauge. works much better now that i have charged batteries :)

DirtyD

Squidgy hash has too much plant matter in it to vape well in my experience and if you're in Europe the chances are that it was smuggled in someones colon and then shat out. Not what you want to be vaping imo.
Wait I thought that was the best hash ever, cuz it got slightly de carbed? , aged ? Fermented?in the gut of a human. What's his name - weed guy from back In the day- said coolo hash was the " shit". Be sure to wash your hands tho. Cheers. D.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Good luck! I'm still figuring it out with the PS and bud. I find I'm much faster with a torch compared to the PS.

Couldn't wait (wasn't that to be expected...) and took the Portside with me into my office. Door closed, windows opened, here we go... It takes me around 10 secs. with a triple torch from completely cold, or 5 secs. from last click. The Portside takes around 5-7 secs. from cold and around 2-5 secs. from the last click. At least for the last 3 bowls (hehe) that I already had. And, hell yeah, is that great and fun... :)

But I wouldn't even care if it took the Portside 3x longer to heat up compared to a torch. I see my usage of either the torch or IH in totally different social settings, so each method has a place for me. Speed is not a factor that I consider too much.

I just know that my beloved and very tolerant partner (she does neither smoke, nor vape and has nothing to do with Cannabis) always looked in that very special way whenever she heard the jet lighter click and whoosh and her face said something like "Oh, that crack pipe thing again...". She does never look like that when I use any other of my non-butane devices. The Portside will be bring the Vapcap, my partner and myself to a state of perfect harmony. Cannot ask for more! :) And DANG, it hits perfectly!

Last edited:

Ricardo

Can I ask a stupid question? For those of you with Jarheads/Portside IH's... when the cap clicks (or a second or two later) you remove the Vapcap and vape as normal, right. I'm wondering if, with the apparently cup-shaped Dynavap IH, it would be possible to toke directly from the unit, thereby preserving the illusion of drinking soda through a straw?

xlr8shun

Can I ask a stupid question? For those of you with Jarheads/Portside IH's... when the cap clicks (or a second or two later) you remove the Vapcap and vape as normal, right. I'm wondering if, with the apparently cup-shaped Dynavap IH, it would be possible to toke directly from the unit, thereby preserving the illusion of drinking soda through a straw?

yes and no, but you cant heat continously, you'll have to let off the heat, then heat again once vapor tails off.. @phattpiggie has been known to do this with his 2 part skelly..

szai

Well, actually he’s the young new Turk, fast as a whip with his flaming torch!

FMLROPd.jpg

Better believe it boi!:D

Well I've only been Toking as long as I've been a member of this forum. Started out smoking hash in a pipe until I got my grasshopper in. I was in Pakistan at the time. Basically been vaping since I started but that was only a year and quarter ago.

stark1

Lonesome Planet

The illusion will be complete with newly issued VapCap stems with straw mock-ups.

92AvVBI.jpg

DirtyD

When at a hotel,( traveling man) I use this method all the time. Skeletor is housed in a big yet I cup, xl treebark carbless @stardustsailor stem with ti tip as my "dope straw ". Nobody looks twice at a guy with a yet I cup, but if they did they would see a bunch of fragrant vapor coughing out of me and my sippy cup. You are welcome George for the cup idea btw. J k. I learned that shit from another f c member way back when I got the skelly. Or I thought of it myself, just can't remember, due to its effectiveness..

Cheers, D

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Regarding the IH and the click. After the click I've been counting 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand on my Ti tips on first heating cycle and to 2 one thousand on subsequent cycles. With my '18 M tip I count to 2 one thousand on the first cycle and then either use PP's "Sip & Dip" technique or just heat to the second click on subsequent heating cycles.

And I end up counting to 4 (but not the one thousand) after the click on Ti tips when I'm using concentrates. I've not tried the M tip for concentrates. Yet.

LabPong

You will love the PS more and more when you play more with it @Dynavaper :tup:
Remember the first hit always just preheat, second hit is golden~

Good deal paehtod.....you are evolving just like me. Drop downs are awesome! But I have learned with using one....go ahead and ditch the cranberry extract and just use distilled water.

With the dropdown, most all the smell and fragments/reclaim stays in the dropdown and your glass unit stays very clean for awhile. Using like this, you will just have to clean the main water unit when you get vapor stains above the water. By that time it is already time to change the water out anyway.

With the dropdown.....you just need to put most of the cleaning attention there. Pretty simple and quick to clean them out with some 91% and salt.

I stopped using the cranberry extract because I also did not use any citric acid ( i think that is what was recommended) to help stop stuff growing. But just using the cranberry extract, I had things growing in my water within a few days.

Now with that said.......what is the part that sits in the dropdown joint you are attaching the vapcap to?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I stopped using the cranberry extract because I also did not use any citric acid ( i think that is what was recommended) to help stop stuff growing. But just using the cranberry extract, I had things growing in my water within a few days.
Back when I was a smoker I often left water in a bong for a week. Nasty, but it was a habit I developed over time.
Since I started vaping and using CE in the water, I have become WAY more sensitive to taste and I change the water every day. There is no time for bacteria to develop and my glass rarely needs a real cleaning or more than a hot water rinse. I highly recommend it...

This discussion really has it's own thread... http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rezblock-cranberry-extract.8060/page-49#post-1212154

paehtod

Good deal paehtod.....you are evolving just like me. Drop downs are awesome! But I have learned with using one....go ahead and ditch the cranberry extract and just use distilled water.

With the dropdown, most all the smell and fragments/reclaim stays in the dropdown and your glass unit stays very clean for awhile. Using like this, you will just have to clean the main water unit when you get vapor stains above the water. By that time it is already time to change the water out anyway.

With the dropdown.....you just need to put most of the cleaning attention there. Pretty simple and quick to clean them out with some 91% and salt.

Now with that said.......what is the part that sits in the dropdown joint you are attaching the vapcap to?

Yeah I also found that the water with cranberry extract got me to change water more frequently, the dropdown i just got it few weeks ago with my first recycler from DHgate , i am very satisfied with my growing equipment :D, but my wife don't......

The part connect my vapcap to the dropdown is a broken 10mm to 14mm reducer, got it from the night market for $1.5 because it is broken but the rest part working good for me:brow:

Back when I was a smoker I often left water in a bong for a week. Nasty, but it was a habit I developed over time.
Since I started vaping and using CE in the water, I have become WAY more sensitive to taste and I change the water every day. There is no time for bacteria to develop and my glass rarely needs a real cleaning or more than a hot water rinse. I highly recommend it...

I also like the taste of CE when change the fresh water, and yes its very easy to clean with just hot water.

Last edited:

Cemmos

Sweet, 2018 M is out for delivery. I honestly assumed it'd come tomorrow. 2-day shipping time for standard shipping is always great. Actually, quite a lot of stuff I've ordered standard lately have come in 2 business days.

I like reading what seems like a lot of people enjoying the M as much or even more than their current VapCaps. Really reassures me that the M18 is worth its (small) price. Not that I doubted it, but it's still nice to read.

Top Bottom