NicholasPetris

Reading the first 100 pages or so of this thread really doesn't take all that long. It would be one of the most effective ways of researching Dynavap's history/timeline. There are no shortcuts, other than perhaps the best of thread and @VapCap 's post history. The Ti tip livestream was also particularly informative if I recall correctly.

As monstrous as this thread is, it's small potatoes compared to reading that is often demanded in post-secondary education or any genuinely serious research. Imagine attempting to tackle the western great literary canon ! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_books#Series

trfe

Just ordered an M, fat mouthpiece and some SS screens to take advantage of the flash sale free shipping.

Seems like people like the SS screens over the Ti so happy with my purchase.

Thanks for all the advice folks!

shredder

If you want to write a book or an article, the lions share of the effort comes down to research and research is reading, a lot. I spent my 35 year career in Learning. One of the key skills I looked for when hiring a new developer was their ability and willingness to read copious amounts of research material. This is a necessary activity for any writer. in order to accurately convey information, they must extract the pertinent details and understand the topic.

If he asked any of us questions regarding the history of Dynavap, we would just have to go back through the thread and look it up.

If I were writing a history of the Vapcap, I would begin with the beginning of this thread. It's a fascinating read. In addition to gleaning the history details, the wonderful heart warming stories of random acts of kindness by George and the FC members exposes the extraordinary positivity that surrounds this marvelous device.

I'd read your dynavap book @Squiby, of course I'd forget most of it in two minutes, lol.

NicholasPetris

Today (well, yesterday now; it's past midnight, and my target bedtime for that matter!) in the mail I received 2 packages: one with a used Ti Omnivap and 2 Omni condensers, and the other containing 2 7-fin tips and 3 Ti spinning mouthpieces. Do I have enough titanium yet?

Y7E0MJX.jpg

Nope; I foresee a Gen 4 tip, new Dynavap midsections (and condenser tubes), and some beautiful anodized Stardust Sailor work in my future. :buzz:

There are seemingly at least 2 styles of airflow filings on the Gen 5.7 tips. I chose to use the one with the wider path and will preserve the tip with the smaller "U" shape.

4FTjmRV.jpg

One last angle
kRMSz1h.jpg

Cheers and sweet dreaming, Dynavap brethren and sistren!

Mr.Sifter

Dont want to bash the guy but dv should let george do the livefeeds.
His company his show.

No need for a fake moderator.
Very disappointed with the feed yesterday.

What is this boy doing sitting next to george the man?
Whats the purpose?

George is doing the feeds in this very own personal and very charismatic way.
No need for a dude who is playing a news anchor fake show act.

today I received my TI spinning MP.
It looks cool and spins okay but it makes a sound while spinning.
Very annoying.

Last edited:

needalift

His company his show.

Whats the purpose?

Very annoying.

Agreed . That guy was very annoying , but the live feed sounded and looked so much better than usual , so that was a plus .
Do you have dynawax ? If so , maybe try to live up any contact point that your TI mp has wit the wax . May make it spin a little more freely and stop that sound it’s making . Just an idea ....

mandelbrod

This thread is so alive, after such a long time, its amazing.
I bring a little tip to remove solid gunked-up debris from your grinder with the vapcap-cap!
I have been vaping a lot and my grinder gets hard to turn after a while.
Take the cap of your vape and heat the little piece on the cap that sticks out.
Holding the cap between thumb and index finger slide the hot curved piece allong side the places
where thc and weed gunks up to hard buildup. It has a "hot knife cutting butter" action to it and with the right curviture it to go around the edge of the grinder, hash will comes loose with little trouble!

I'm of vaping grinder hash! :party:

Mr.Sifter

I use the Ti sMP with an upside down M.
The M stem touches the Mp and that makes a grinding noise.

Mr.Sifter,

Marlon Rando

what the dickens is a bombogenesis?!..these weather guys and their buzz words,
@NicholasPetris, I think you need a few more ti-tips you hoarder;) nice man.

I'd much rather that they gather a round of questions on a specific topic for next week in the comments of this past live feed. This way more experienced users can answer easy questions and George can answer the far more interesting technical ones. It feels like a waste of time to answer simple questions, Why skim the surface when you can dive deep and find interesting bits?

I like this idea.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
His company his show.

Whats the purpose?

Very annoying.

Mr.S sit down, you might find some good, and dump a load off your brain.

Geo seems more relaxed, with company, and as it is his presentation you might think it is his call.

And remember, use the roll. :chill:

Y76n3CV.jpg

The world is a better place with more positivity.:spliff::cheers::spliff::spliff::spliff:

Last edited:

NicholasPetris

I think you need a few more ti-tips you hoarder;) nice man.

Heheh, thanks! My mother has called me a hoarder many times... :mflb::mflb::mflb:

I really like having pretty and useful things, but sometimes the mental and physical management of owning lots of items can be a bit overwhelming. Minimalism is compelling, but semi-obsessive collecting is the path I am destined to take. Spacial and temporal organization are paramount!

I, for one, rather enjoy Mr. Sifter's seemingly somewhat neurotic tendencies! Carry on contemplating!

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Heheh, thanks! My mother has called me a hoarder many times... :mflb::mflb::mflb:

I really like having pretty and useful things, but sometimes the mental and physical management of owning lots of items can be a bit overwhelming. Minimalism is compelling, but semi-obsessive collecting is the path I am destined to take. Spacial and temporal organization are paramount!

(@Helios, you need to use the direct image link, i.imgur... The picture will appear in your text box when done correctly.)

I, for one, rather enjoy Mr. Sifter's seemingly somewhat neurotic tendencies! Carry on contemplating!

Let me know if you want to clear up some space.

WjOL8Rx.jpg

howzcat

Hard on Glass
I'm always looking for ways of hooking the Bottle Rocket to any of my vapes, since i've hardly ever used it at all. Yesterday i do a quick search on google, couldn't find anyone with an idea.
All i've found is this:

Has anybody got an idea how one could elegantly hook up a vapcap to a Magic Flight bottle rocket or UFO ?
Would be a grreat on the go tool.

So, i put my thinking hat on and my new Nonavong puffing along and i think i've found it.
@Mr.Sifter ask and ye shall receive :D

Bqqu2Mr.jpg

almost there

I'm always looking for ways of hooking the Bottle Rocket to any of my vapes, since i've hardly ever used it at all. Yesterday i do a quick search on google, couldn't find anyone with an idea.
All i've found is this:

So, i put my thinking hat on and my new Nonavong puffing along and i think i've found it.
@Mr.Sifter ask and ye shall receive :D

Bqqu2Mr.jpg
how's it attached, did you insert the acrylic straw up into the vapcap condenser?

almost there,

howzcat

Hard on Glass
how's it attached, did you insert the acrylic straw up into the vapcap condenser?

Push the condenser out a little bit, while pushing the outer o-ring in.
On the Rocket Bottle, on the top attach your whip as usual; you can either use it as is, or the way i've pictured, cutting just a bit of the silicone whip to make the connection.
Then connect the little bit of the condenser that's sticking out with the silicone whip.

AYXqIhb.jpg

almost there

Push the condenser out a little bit, while pushing the outer o-ring in.
On the Rocket Bottle, on the top attach your whip as usual; you can either use it as is, or is i've pictured, cutting just a bit of the silicone whip to make the connection.
Then connect the little bit of the condenser that's sticking out with the silicone whip.

AYXqIhb.jpg
brilliant! Bet it'll work even better with a xl condenser

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Been lurking the past couple days and have made some observations. Stoners don't like change. People don't like change in general but stoners...wow.

Regarding Dynavap Live. Adam was nervous, it was his first time. And it was the first time they were live together. As a live performer I can say that it takes time to get used to different performing conditions. Let's all relax, let George and Adam develop an on-line relationship and some timing, and I think we'll all be rewarded. And if it really doesn't work, that'll be obvious to them too and they'll make the appropriate change.

@Mr.Sifter I second @stark1's sentiment that it's George's show and his call. Let's see how it plays out a bit.

Regarding the logo on the DVIH. I have no idea if this is set in stone or not, but I've heard no one complain about the logos all over the Portside and the Portside Mini. While Pipes IH may not be quite as famous as Dynavap brand overall, they are extremely well known within the community. I'd think that folks worried about logos would be just as worried about those on the PS and the PS mini, but I've not seen a word on that. So maybe, it's not a bid deal.

Let's all take a vapor infused deep breath, be grateful we're part of an amazing community, and spread some love around eh? The world needs more of that. And don't forget....love is a verb.

Happy Day FCers

Top Bottom