trfe

Well, I think it would be nice if every week George has a different employee as co-hosts so well get to see the members of the dynavap family. Give Adam a break, this is his 1st time. Even George had to get comfortable filming.

I’m guessing the issue was George having to manage online questions on top of whatever else he’s doing.

In which case, they could always have someone pop in during question time to help go through the questions with him.

trfe,

Mulchmaker

Veni Vidi Vapi
Well, I think it would be nice if every week George has a different employee as co-hosts so well get to see the members of the dynavap family. Give Adam a break, this is his 1st time. Even George had to get comfortable filming.
Truth. A microphone has a strange effect on people the first time they have to speak into one, and adding a camera into the mix can cause double the weirdness. Not everyone's a natural; it takes a little time for most folks to ease into it.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
There is a rich source of DV history in this thread. I know it's over 1000 pages, but it starts at the very beginning of development. It's actually an interesting read. You get a really good vibe about George and his dedication and integrity that carries through from the beginning to the present time.

@Few Minute Programming
The easiest way is to go to @Vapvap 's post history. And to read what he posts and what the responses are for the next few posts/pages. That's the quick way to catch up on the history.

But the whole thread will basically tell you everything you could possibly know about what this company makes, how it's products developed, how it responded to users, why users responded to the products, how the company changed and grew etc etc.
Follow that up with a (now educated) chat with George and I'll read your article in Time magazine next year :tup:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'd much rather that they gather a round of questions on a specific topic for next week in the comments of this past live feed. This way more experienced users can answer easy questions and George can answer the far more interesting technical ones. It feels like a waste of time to answer simple questions, Why skim the surface when you can dive deep and find interesting bits?

Summer

Long Island, NY
I don't know the reasoning as to why Adam was there. At the end of his presentation, George could always manually scroll through the all comments & answer questions as he goes along so he doesn't really need anyone else there for that. But I do hope he includes other employees in this LF. I think it's nice -- personable & homey.

szai

Yeah I think this threads regulars can answer simple questions . They need mostly pre selected questions. A few from the chat but I think they just need a person to deal with selecting questions is all.

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
Peeps being too hard on the dual thing. It was the first time it was tried out. One of the things about this is its a Q&A thing, so the cohost needs to be as comfortable with the set up and flow of the session as George is, otherwise it won't work. Isn't fair to condemn an unrehearsed performance the first go round!

This week wasn't all that informative for me, although I simply hadn't thought of putting the steel CCD into the Ti tip or vice versa.

So, I placed a big order on Dynavap for my bday. Got a nice super dark zircote stash - it doesn't have a lot of the two tone which was a wee bit disappointing but it has a nice grain. Dynavap offered to exchange it for a different unit, but eh. I'm not gonna hassle 'em. I also picked up a Ti-nonavong. Working my way up to an Omni and I figure I'll just Lego-fy my collection and get the condenser when it is time.

Also, the Tron lighter is baller as fuck, y'all.

trfe

Ok. Pretend I’m Adam.

Since George said steel ccd is better at filtration and titanium ccd is better at air flow.

Would it make sense for me to use 1 titanium ccd and 1 steel ccd in a hemp fiber sandwich to get the best of both worlds in an M?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I don't know the reasoning as to why Adam was there. At the end of his presentation, George could always manually scroll through the all comments & answer questions as he goes along so he doesn't really need anyone else there for that. But I do hope he includes other employees in this LF. I think it's nice -- personable & homey.

Ya. Huh

7J0O2NR.jpg

Summer

Long Island, NY
The ss tip only takes 1 screen. The ti tip can use 2. I'd put the ss on the bottom because it filters out particles better & the ti screen on top because it has better air flow. Why not? But since the point of using 2 screens is to put hemp or cotton between them, the issue is probably mute in terms of particle filtering & airflow.

Last edited:
@Few Minute Programming
The easiest way is to go to @Vapvap 's post history. And to read what he posts and what the responses are for the next few posts/pages. That's the quick way to catch up on the history.

But the whole thread will basically tell you everything you could possibly know about what this company makes, how it's products developed, how it responded to users, why users responded to the products, how the company changed and grew etc etc.
Follow that up with a (now educated) chat with George and I'll read your article in Time magazine next year :tup:

Oh for sure. I'm not planning to waste anyone's time. I'm somewhat new to the thread (4-5 months) but I've definitely done some studying ;)

If anyone has any questions in particular that they would like me to ask just send me a PM.

trfe

I edited my above reply @trfe. Take a look.

No only comes with 1 screen & a plastic tube. Take a look at @Squiby's signature & read her First Aid Kit for extra parts you may want to pick up.

1 extra screen I’m guessing right? The 1 you mention can’t be the one inside it already.

I’ll hit up Squiby’s link. Just want to make sure I get everything I need for my first vapcap!

Squiby

@Squiby DV Goddess can you help a brother out?
There is a rich source of DV history in this thread. I know it's over 1000 pages, but it starts at the very beginning of development. It's actually an interesting read

@Few Minute Programming
Everything I know I've learned from this thread. Reading the thread is the best research activity as it not only provides all the into referenced above, it gives you the timeline and chronological order.

Since George said steel ccd is better at filtration and titanium ccd is better at air flow.

Would it make sense for me to use 1 titanium ccd and 1 steel ccd in a hemp fiber sandwich to get the best of both worlds in an M?

I agree with @Summer it's a mute point with a degummed hemp fiber filter. If the steel CCD is good at filtration, the hemp filter will be better and the Ti CCD with have its superior airflow restricted by the filter somewhat.

I like using ti screens with ti tips and steel screens with steel tips.

trfe

Everything I know I've learned from this thread. Reading the thread is the best research activity as it not only provides all the into referenced above, it gives you the timeline and chronological order.

I agree with @Summer it's a mute point with a degummed hemp fiber filter. If the steel CCD is good at filtration, the hemp filter will be better and the Ti CCD with Have its airflow restricted by the filter somewhat.

I like using ti screens with ti tips and steel screens with steel tips.

Ahh. Ok. Fiber is the function of the steel CCD so just use two titanium ccds.

But I’m getting an M now so I can’t do any of that stuff yet.

Good to know though!

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well, you can always buy 1 pack of ss screens & 1 pack of ti screens now.

I don't sandwich, but I use the ss screens because they're more rigid &, when inserting them, I ain't dainty so the ti's are more prone to warping. Now I find out that the ss has better filtration, so along with using a coarse grind, that's another plus for me.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@Few Minute Programming

Guys, are you kidding? You can't really recommand to read this WHOLE thread as an introduction anymore - just to VC addictives...perhaps! ;)

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I ain't dainty so the ti's are more prone to warping
This is my biggest problem with the TI CCD, I've murdered several of them trying to get them installed in the grooves but had no luck. I'll stick with my SS screens, they're springy enough that the act of installing them doesn't bend them so far that they take a set like Ti.

Guys, are you kidding? You can't really recommend to read this WHOLE thread as an introduction anymore - just to VC addictives...perhaps! ;)

Well he was asking for a history of Dynavap... If he's looking for key points in the development and an accurate timeline there's really no other place to find the info.

Summer

Long Island, NY
This is my biggest problem with the TI CCD, I've murdered several of them trying to get them installed.

:rofl: Well, at least I'm in good company. :D

Guys, are you kidding? You can't really recommend to read this WHOLE thread as an introduction anymore - just to VC addictives...perhaps! ;)

I agree. He doesn't really want to spend the equivalent of a semester reading through this thread. :doh:

I just re-watched the LF & I can see that George is much more comfortable & relaxed having a person with him to relate to on that side of the camera rather than just relating to the camera itself. I like it.

Squiby

Guys, are you kidding? You can't really recommand to read this WHOLE thread as an introduction anymore - just to VC addictives...perhaps!

Well he was asking for a history of Dynavap... If he's looking for key points in the development and an accurate timeline there's really no other place to find the info.

If you want to write a book or an article, the lions share of the effort comes down to research and research is reading, a lot. I spent my 35 year career in Learning. One of the key skills I looked for when hiring a new developer was their ability and willingness to read copious amounts of research material. This is a necessary activity for any writer. in order to accurately convey information, they must extract the pertinent details and understand the topic.

If he asked any of us questions regarding the history of Dynavap, we would just have to go back through the thread and look it up.

If I were writing a history of the Vapcap, I would begin with the beginning of this thread. It's a fascinating read. In addition to gleaning the history details, the wonderful heart warming stories of random acts of kindness by George and the FC members exposes the extraordinary positivity that surrounds this marvelous device.

Last edited:

Newcastle

Stoned!
I swear George said you save on everything in the order so I was going to order a nanovong.....No savings but hey I can save 2 bucks on screens....:rofl:

Newcastle,
Top Bottom