jds

This was one of George's early VonGs. You never know, he might make you one if you ask nicely..

IMG_20160505_230227977_zpsfwrykgwh.jpg

This gave me a thought (that I'm sure everybody but me already had): a plain titanium VonG body would be amazing. Especially paired with the titanium mouthpiece.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Quint, those 2 stems are stunning. Collectors' pieces for sure. :nod: And, blessed you, you're one of those collectors. Not too shabby. ;) :tup:

that I'm sure everybody but me already had

An understatement for sure. :lol:

@AddictedToCombustion, you know, your questions don't belong in this forum. This forum is for vapcap admirers & connoisseurs & your perpetual, unrelated questions are out of place. Do as @SloJimFizz suggested, start a thread in the Ask FC Forum -- Need help finding a vape. Tell them everything you're looking for in a vape & a bunch of people will post with suggestions. Then, you can go to the thread & read/research about the vape -- & when you know just enough, then, you can start asking educated questions of that community to get you where you going -- finding out if you think it's the right vape for you. You can't just jump in at the end of a thread & ask unrelated product questions. So, please do start that thread. ;) And realize that making a selection takes time. If your funds are unlimited, then grab something less expensive just to hold you over while you're searching for your dream vape. :)

- Caps doesn't fit good. :cry:

The caps I got during the flash sale are larger that the caps I got back in July with the Ms, and even back then, I thought the M's caps could have been tighter. So, yeah, these caps are even looser than those 7 months ago. And seat, even slightly looser, on the new 7-fins. So I put the old caps on the new tips which works well & then squeezed the new caps enough & put them on the old tips. :) That's why I always thought it wise to purchase the same item between mfr. runs because of variance, & at this level of metal milling intricacy even being off the thickness of a hair (??? :shrug:) can throw off the consistency of coupling between parts. @VapCap I want you to discuss in a future livefeed why those mfr'ing discrepancies occur. I'm seriously interested in knowing. :nod: Maybe some production video with your talk-over explaining what's going on.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
That's beautiful! I really like cobalt glass also. So do we have another accessory maker coming aboard??

@nickdanger no...I don't think so. At the very most, I might buy a bunch of ss tips and caps and give them out to friends at Christmas or for birthdays or just cuz. It'd be a nice personal touch and would cost less than an M. And I like the way the one I made looks and feels.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Summer Try less than a hair, the difference between a tight fit and a loose fit can be as little as 0.05mm on the diameter.

I assume they’re stretching the caps from SS and laser cutting the digger and logo afterwards. This would mean that there’s a forming die and necking die or several sets of them which would need replacement eventually. It could be the case that the newer dies are slightly tighter toleranance or the necking die is was worn when your new caps were made. This would make them ever so slightly larger than your old ones.

Edit: Not a vapcap cap but the same idea.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I'd love a timascus vong body. If anyone can make that happen hit me up!
I've machined Ti before and I've been tempted to get my hands on some for this purpose but it's very cost prohibitive. There was a good diameter and length of it for a reasonable price, but it's gone from AKS now. Making the material is no trivial task, I've had quite a few talks with a material science engineer about making some apparatus that would streamline the process. The only issue was that the cost of making a vacuum or inert gas purged forging environment was also prohibitive. One can dream though. Most of the expense in making Timascus is in the clean up of the material after it is forged. The outside of the material is usually full of impartial welds and HEAVY oxidization. So a lot of it goes to waste and the Titanium is very hard on cutting tools.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Hey @beyond6strings, that cobalt glass is really nice! Looking good!
Did you also have the cobalt j-hook?

@ArthurJ thanks. I'm digging it. I do have a cobalt blue J hook, and the stems on my Milaana are also cobalt blue. It's probably my favorite color. I've got a shorter piece of the cobalt tube that I'm going to use to make a short stem to be used with the J hook. I find the carbless draw a little too restricted over that length for either my WP or J hook so I use it native and it's lovely for tasty mouth pulls.

In fact, from what I've learned off this one I'm going to experiment with lengths from 3.5" to 4" for native stems and 1.5" to 2.5" for Vong stems with fat mouthpieces. I think those will be better for those uses.

Experimenting is more than half of the fun. :rockon::leaf:

Smokey McVape

looking for something that will give me better vapour than the m something more efficent and more potent wothout the use of butane i have no budget
You will be looking for a long time then - especially if you have low grade green that isn't grown properly - I used to have the same problem.

do u guys reckon the milaana is the best then? its has pure convection on demand heating
Why not ask someone in thr Milaana thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

armani

Professional Stoner
looking for something that will give me better vapour than the m something more efficent and more potent wothout the use of butane i have no budget

Better vapor how? thicker clouds or more like a long session with flavour with multiple hits with same amount?

For thicker clouds the only vape i know that competes in full extraction like dynavap is the Grasshopper (When working)
But use a single torch at the bottom of the cap on the dynavap and you will be blown away (Best trough glass with this method) Thick CLOUDS guaranteed!!!

For long sessions with more flavour you can always trust Arizer family.

szai

I've machined Ti before and I've been tempted to get my hands on some for this purpose but it's very cost prohibitive. There was a good diameter and length of it for a reasonable price, but it's gone from AKS now. Making the material is no trivial task, I've had quite a few talks with a material science engineer about making some apparatus that would streamline the process. The only issue was that the cost of making a vacuum or inert gas purged forging environment was also prohibitive. One can dream though. Most of the expense in making Timascus is in the clean up of the material after it is forged. The outside of the material is usually full of impartial welds and HEAVY oxidization. So a lot of it goes to waste and the Titanium is very hard on cutting tools.

Oh snap I know what to do! There's some people in the knife edc world that work with these materials a lot. I'm sure one of them could be found to work with in collaboration. I've been into knives quite a bit so I know some people in that industry.

if i heat the vapcap with herb inside and i dont hit it and put it back on the dynastash will the herb be cooking? wanted to know because when i get high temp hits i barely can finish the draw and put it back in the magnetic stash

AddictedToCombustion,
Reactions: Ricardo

szai

Today’s cliffhanger:

Prognostic speculation (guesses) on tomorrow’s cliffhanger?

IVL0PXl.jpg

I made one last night.

I have a prediction about what the surprise is during the dynavap ccd YouTube live show. I think they'll at least show the concentrates insert and maybe if it's ready it'll be part of this week's flash sale

if i heat the vapcap with herb inside and i dont hit it and put it back on the dynastash will the herb be cooking? wanted to know because when i get high temp hits i barely can finish the draw and put it back in the magnetic stash

Yes it will but if you cool it down either doing cool down hits or blowing on the tip it will so cooking.

szai

Once you've taken your hit you continue drawing air through the vape. You can also just cool it down by blowing air with your mouth over the tip, like you would if cooling down a soup.

Top Bottom