SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
@Willy My last two posts were about adjusting the Omni.
If your body, I'm assuming a nonavong, may be a little snug to allow for fine tuning on the fly. You may have to separate it to make your adjustment. Or like mine, the condenser stays put and my mouthpiece moves away from the stem, then I just push the whole thing in after each slight adjustment.
Fine tuning and finding your sweet spot where you can use this beast without having to cover the carb is half the fun.

paehtod

Can you share a video with the correct / incorrect way of doing it? I'm not sure I'm getting it right, atm...
adjusting the air flow,

EDIT: When the thread of the condenser full close, the air inlet is max open, when the condenser more extended in to the ti tip, the cold air inlet become restricted. The MP suppose stick with the stem, if it separated from the stem, it is user fail, just push it back to the stem will be fine.

Last edited:

Ricardo

I have a question for you all: I forgot to include in my order some degummed hemp fiber. Is there another material I can use for making a filter for my OmniVap
Just to say that while the filter pretty much guarantees that no particles will pass through the condenser, it is by no means vital. I used one religiously for the first few months but it's a fiddly process and now I don't bother. At worst I get an occasional fleck of herb in my mouth but never into the lungs :2c:

Ricardo,
Reactions: funkyzio

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thank you! Then, as I see in your video, the mouthpiece separates a bit from the stem when allowing for extra air inflow, right? I don't yet grasp who someone could do this "wrong". XD
you dont want any seperation between the moutpiece and stem.

make sure the mouthpiece is pushed into the stem after making your condenser adjustments.

having a gap between the MP and the Stem is whats causing the problems.
Thanks for the advice, I was hoping to not have to invest much in the cleaning so I’ll try the iso and baking soda techniques. I may just have to get a new one or two. Of course I just missed the Black Friday sales.
if you use baking soda and vinegar...you can soak the orings...infact i wouldn't remove the orings from the tip at all unless you have spares...the ones on the condeser and MP are easy to remove and re-use

if you soak the tip and condenser in baking soda and vinegar the combustion smell WILL leave...your wood body shouldn't have the foul-ness of combustion embedded...because most of the smoke should have traveled the condenser unless something was not assembled properly

Last edited:

funkyzio

Just to say that while the filter pretty much guarantees that no particles will pass through the condenser, it is by no means vital. I used one religiously for the first few months but it's a fiddly process and now I don't bother. At worst I get an occasional fleck of herb in my mouth but never into the lungs :2c:
My concern is to verify if a filter could help a bit with the harshness of the vapor that I have experimented with my OG

you dont want any seperation between the moutpiece and stem.

make sure the mouthpiece is pushed into the stem after making your condenser adjustments.

having a gap between the MP and the Stem is whats

if you use baking soda and vinegar...you can soak the orings...infact i wouldn't remove the orings from the tip at all unless you have spares...the ones on the condeser and MP are easy to remove and re-use

if you soak the tip and condenser in baking soda and vinegar the combustion smell WILL leave...your wood body shouldn't have the foul-ness of combustion embedded...because most of the smoke should have traveled the condenser unless something was not assembled properly

Then, shall I detach the condenser + moutpiece, adjust them outisde the stem, and replacing them into the stem every time I adjust the airflow? If so, how and why is this better than just allowing for a bit of space between the mouthpiece and the stem?

Reactions: kushkush

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Then, shall I detach the condenser + moutpiece, adjust them outisde the stem, and replacing them into the stem every time I adjust the airflow? If so, how and why is this better than just allowing for a bit of space between the mouthpiece and the stem?
If your condenser will not spin/separate inside the body (which can be solved with some dynabutter)
then removing it to adjust will work, it's better than leaving a gap in the body because the omni condenser works by pushing the condenser into the tip (as @Squiby so beautifully illustrated).

if there is a gap between the stem and the mouthpiece...it will never close.
also leaving the gap will allow for resin to accumulate inside the body of the stem and make cleaning more difficult...it would make more sense to open it wide up and push the body into the stem, you'll get the same effects (wide open draw) with less headache

If your condenser will not spin/separate inside the body (which can be solved with some dynabutter)
then removing it to adjust will work, it's better than leaving a gap in the body because the omni condenser works by pushing the condenser into the tip (as @Squiby so beautifully illustrated).

if there is a gap between the stem and the mouthpiece...it will never close.
also leaving the gap will allow for resin to accumulate inside the body of the stem and make cleaning more difficult...it would make more sense to open it wide up and push the body into the stem, you'll get the same effects (wide open draw) with less headache

Thank you! That was really helpful. Spinning my mouthpiece will not detach it from the condenser at all (no matter how I try it). Hence, I guess I need some "dynabutter". However, and excusing my ignorance, what's "dynabutter", if I may ask? And where do I get it (or some sort of substitute of it)?

Reactions: DirtyD

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Watch the video again, the mouthpiece doesn’t move from the stem when he’s adjusting it! If the mouthpiece moves away from the stem, there is no change in the condenser’s relationship to the tip.

Notice the very first section of his video......watch that the lip of the condenser tube, seen inside the MP, moves away from the viewer and the end of the MP. When he starts, the two pieces are flush, as he turns, the condenser moves away from the MP and towards the tip.

The wrinkle is that, dependent on tolerances, lubrication, materials, etc., sometimes the MP will move away from the stem, which leaves the condenser in the same position as before......that is, nothing changes in the relationship between the condenser and tip, which is the crucial part of the airflow adjustment. As @WakeAndVape said, if your unit moves away from the stem as you turn, simply push them together.

While you’re at it, take it apart several times and study the relationships of the parts. Ultimately you have to learn this yourself.....

Edit following your last post.......when you take out your MP and condenser, can you screw them apart and reassemble?

Last edited:

Watch the video again, the mouthpiece doesn’t move from the stem when he’s adjusting it! If the mouthpiece moves away from the stem, there is no change in the condenser’s relationship to the tip.

Notice the very section of his video......watch that the lip of the condenser tube, seen inside the MP, moves away from the viewer and the end of the MP. When he starts, the two pieces are flush, as he turns, the condenser moves away from the MP and towards the tip.

The wrinkle is that, dependent on tolerances, lubrication, materials, etc., sometimes the MP will move away from the stem, which leaves the condenser in the same position as before......that is, nothing changes in the relationship between the condenser and tip, which is the crucial part of the airflow adjustment. As @WakeAndVape said, if your unit moves away from the stem as you turn, simply push them together.

While you’re at it, take it apart several times and study the relationships of the parts. Ultimately you have to learn this yourself.....

Edit following your last post.......when you take out your MP and condenser, can you screw them apart and reassemble?

Thank you for your reply! The answer to your question is yes: I can screw them apart and re-assemble with no problem when they are out of the stem. When inside the stem, I can't adjust the airflow at all. Spinning the mouthpiece when attached to the stem will eventually leave a gap between it and the stem.

EDIT:

So, the condenser must always stay in place, the only thing that is required for airflow adjustment is spinning the moutpiece. Did I finally get it or am I still wrong?

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Thank you! That was really helpful. Spinning my mouthpiece will not detach it from the condenser at all (no matter how I try it). Hence, I guess I need some "dynabutter". However, and excusing my ignorance, what's "dynabutter", if I may ask? And where do I get it (or some sort of substitute of it)?
NP. dyna-butter is available on the DV website...i think its a mixture of beeswax and other softening ingredients that make it easier to apply.

you can use a bit of petrolium jelly in substitute

this is a video of the omni condenser explained (by someone who was doing it wrong first) may be helpful)

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
The Omni does not need an extra o-ring to be carbless. You just adjust the Omni to allow no air flow.

You asked about a "carbless nonavong". I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about an Omni. I assume you mean a vong without an air hole. On an Omni you can virtually block the air hole by twisting it closed, but I don't understand why you would want a carb with no air hole on one. That would make the Omni condenser useless. The Omni adjustment controls how much air is mixed in from the air hole with the air you are pulling through the cap.

Right, what he said. ;)

Hello... thank you all for your replies. Yes i am talking about an omni. i ordered an omni blackwood nonavong and received an Omni blackwood body instead. DV is already making it right, but in the meantime, to address your answers to my questions.. i dont think i explained it right

1) when i close the Omni all the way and hit it i get air through the carb (drilled hole on the side of the body) so i am not sure what you mean by close it all the way and you don't get airflow (like i said i am not understanding what you mean)

2) the reason i do not want a hole on the side is when i use my Ti Woody-S and now even this Omni Blackwood in my bubbler, i heat till the cap clicks, put it in my bubbler and i cover the carb hole and hit it till it clicks and then i remove the Omni/Woody and clear the bubbler. by covering the air hole i get thick vapor in my bubbler. if i don't cover the air hold i still get vapor but it is much thinner than when i cover the hole. this is the case even with the Omni in the closed position. i still have to cover the hole for thicker vapor. that is why i would like a vong body without a carb hole which i know @Winegums has one, but i am currently out of money and i am sure his will sell before i do

when i use the DynaVap without water i like to feather the carb hole on my Woody, and it seems i still have to do it on my Omni as well. that why i said a bunch of posts up, i am noy understanding the Omni yet as i still use it like my Woody, but it's new so i am still learning

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thank you for your reply! The answer to your question is yes: I can screw them apart and re-assemble with no problem when they are out of the stem. When inside the stem, I can't adjust the airflow at all. Spinning the mouthpiece when attached to the stem will eventually leave a gap between it and the stem.

EDIT:

So, the condenser must always stay in place, the only thing that is required for airflow adjustment is spinning the moutpiece. Did I finally get it or am I still wrong?

So. . .

- Have the Omni mouthpiece and condenser screwed to it's tightest/shortest setting/length.

- Insert fully into the body so the mouthpiece is flush with the body.

- Now turn it and watch the gap between the mouthpiece and body open up. (Although this is not what should be happening, it is what is happening for you it seems)

- Now you have created that gap, push (not twist) the mouthpiece back flush to the body.

- You have now pushed the end of the condenser further into the tip by however much of a gap you created when you originally twisted the mouthpiece.

The push is not supposed to be necessary. The condenser is the part that is supposed to move down towards/into the tip. The mouth piece is supposed to remain flush.
As wakenvape said, lurbicaring that single oring on the middle of the condenser might help. Dynawax is available from DV but at tiny tiny smear of any natural wax or oil or butter will work. . Literally butter will work for a once only test. (Coninued use of butter would probably make the wood a little smelly)

It is a common failure by almost everyone who talks about the Omni to use the word “closed”. The most restricted setting of the Omni doesn’t actually completely stop air intake from the carb hole. It just severely limits it at it most restricted setting.

mucsusn

60 going on 20

EDIT:

So, when you see a gap between stem and MP push them together!

Or, better yet, as you are turning the MP, keep a gentle pressure towards the tip, now the MP should stay flush and the condenser will advance inside towards the tip

So. . .

- Have the Omni mouthpiece and condenser screwed to it's tightest/shortest setting/length.

- Insert fully into the body so the mouthpiece is flush with the body.

- Now turn it and watch the gap between the mouthpiece and body open up. (Although this is not what should be happening, it is what is happening for you it seems)

- Now you have created that gap, push (not twist) the mouthpiece back flush to the body.

- You have now pushed the end of the condenser further into the tip by however much of a gap you created when you originally twisted the mouthpiece.

The push is not supposed to be necessary. The condenser is the part that is supposed to move down towards/into the tip. The mouth piece is supposed to remain flush.
As wakenvape said, lurbicaring that single oring on the middle of the condenser might help. Dynawax is available from DV but at tiny tiny smear of any natural wax or oil or butter will work. . Literally butter will work for a once only test. (Coninued use of butter would probably make the wood a little smelly)

It is a common failure by almost everyone who talks about the Omni to use the word “closed”. The most restricted setting of the Omni doesn’t actually completely stop air intake from the carb hole. It just severely limits it at it most restricted setting.

So, when you see a gap between stem and MP push them together!

Or, better yet, as you are turning the MP, keep a gentle pressure towards the tip, now the MP should stay flush and the condenser will advance inside towards the tip

Okai, small progress going on... At least now I'm able to move the condenser up and down by spinning the mouthpiece (without having to detach them from the stem and creating no gap). However, I literally feel 0 difference between both extreme cases. The same amount of air seems to be getting through. What could I be doing wrong now?

Reactions: Ricardo

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Okai, small progress going on... At least now I'm able to move the condenser up and down by spinning the mouthpiece (without having to detach them from the stem and creating no gap). However, I literally feel 0 difference between both extreme cases. The same amount of air seems to be getting through. What could I be doing wrong now?
The ultimate test for discerning the difference between the shortest and longest condenser configurations is this:

Take the MP/condenser, adjust to shortest length. Reinsert and test airflow with cap on, while feathering the carb. Notice the difference between fully open carb and fully closed.

Now repeat above steps with full extension of the condenser (longest length).

You should notice a diffference in airflow with the carb fully open

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
when you are testing the difference in airflow...do you uave the cap on or off?

when you are testing the difference in airflow...do you uave the cap on or off?

I've tried both ways: with the cap and without it (no herb, no heating; just innocent airflow testing), and I don't notice a difference. In fact (and I don't know how to explain this properly), when fully "open", I get to see the place in which the mouthpiece attaches to the condenser through the carb hole (although just a tiny bit). When "closed", I can't see this part of the stem through the carb hole.

EDIT:

I certainly CAN feel the difference by pressing and not pressing the carb hole with the cap inserted. But the difference is rather subtle, isn't it?

EDIT 2:

The trick to adjust the airflow successfully without creating the gap and then pushing seems to rely on spinning the mouthpiece while applying some pressure down the stem.

Last edited by a moderator:

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
One more thing about the omni..... And I've even Seen this mistake on reviews...

If you turn/adjust your omni mouthpiece it is supposed to extend the condenser down into the tip.
But sometimes it extends the mouthpiece away from the body by a few mm.

This is Not correct, and happens because the solo condenser oring isn't lubricated enough and sticks inside the body rather than sliding up & down freely.
That's why there are 2 orings on the mouth piece and only one on the condenser... The mouth pieceis supposed to stay in position as the condenser moves...

thank you @mrb that was EXACTLY it. when twisting my MP it starts to seperate from the body like you said. so i adjusted it and pushed it back in and now i notice a difference in airflow. thanks to you and everyone else after you that said the same thing. still need to test some more as i still find myself covering the carb hole when in my bubbler but it is better than it was so i learned something today

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I've tried both ways: with the cap and without it (no herb, no heating; just innocent airflow testing), and I don't notice a difference. In fact (and I don't know how to explain this properly), when fully "open", I get to see the place in which the mouthpiece attaches to the condenser through the carb hole (although just a tiny bit). When "closed", I can't see this part of the stem through the carb hole.
so...testing the airflow with the cap off won't help.
load the cap and open the airflow all the way (pulling the condenser away from the tip)

with the cap on...pull through the vapcap...
put the fatty nub on your fingertip over the carb...you should feel it pulling your fingertip

then close the airflow (by rotating the condenser into the tip)...when placing the nub of your finger over the carb (with the cap on) you should feel no pull.

if the mouthpiece is seated on the stem with no gaps, this is how it SHOULD function.

if-not you may have a rare issue.

so...testing the airflow with the cap off won't help.
load the cap and open the airflow all the way (pulling the condenser away from the tip)

with the cap on...pull through the vapcap...
put the fatty nub on your fingertip over the carb...you should feel it pulling your fingertip

then close the airflow (by rotating the condenser into the tip)...when placing the nub of your finger over the carb (with the cap on) you should feel no pull.

if the mouthpiece is seated on the stem with no gaps, this is how it SHOULD function.

if-not you may have a rare issue.

Yes, yes, yes. I am almost sure I finally got it!

PS: I'll try with some butter at home later on, to see if I can get the proper technique with not that much difficulty.

PS2: By mistake I did some back-to-back posting, which was not my intention. How can I get them merged (or deleted)? Only by reporting?

EDIT (QUESTION):

The M is like the Omni with MAX airflow or like the Omni with MIN airflow? D:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yes, yes, yes. I am almost sure I finally got it!

PS: By mistake I did some back-to-back posting, which was not my intention. How can I get them merged (or deleted)? Only by reporting?
you can report it if you would like or the mods will do it for you automatically.

ALL other vapcap models (besides the omni) will function like the omni wide open with the carb uncovered...covering the carb is like the condenser having minimal airflow...and is the reason the vapor is thicker with the carb closed...having it open mixes fresh air with your hit

you can report it if you would like or the mods will do it for you automatically.

ALL other vapcap models (besides the omni) will function like the omni wide open with the carb uncovered...covering the carb is like the condenser having minimal airflow...and is the reason the vapor is thicker with the carb closed...having it open mixes fresh air with your hit

I think that what I like the most so far is to have it wide open and use the carb to alternate thicker and lighter vapour. In fact, I usually hit it continuously since the heat-click until the the cool-click closing and opening the carb intermittently... And I get super hits with mega clouds (still tasty and smooth!).

EDIT:

However, I think that there may be something wrong with my Omni since spinning the mouthpiece will always create that gap unless I'm very careful with my spinning technique and apply the downward pressure I mentioned before. Is this normal? Does anybody else experience it? Any advise (beyond the wax)?

Further than that, spinning without care will detach the mouthpiece making no click noise at all, but pushing it back into place right after will make that "click" sound, you know?

Last edited:
Top Bottom