bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Shit man, then I'm mostly out of ideas.

How are you drawing on it? Mouth-to-lung or direct-to-lung?
  1. For big vapor most prefer to cover the carb and do a mouth-to-lung pull. This usually results in the thickest vapor.
  2. For lighter vapor you can do the above but pull off the carb as you inhale the vapor you pulled into your mouth.
  3. Some folk prefer to feather the carb right from the get go and draw directly into the lungs.
I suggest you try the first method as a baseline to see if you are getting any vapor.

EDIT: P.S. forgot to say that I appreciate you've read a fair bit of this thread and may already know about these tek's, I'm just trying to work through a diagnostic process. Kinda getting towards the end of it without a clue though to be honest.
I was originally covering most of the carb hole which forces a more mouth to lung hit. I got a couple good ones that way too. But I prefer a more straight lung hit and tried the M with the carb hole uncovered. The first one or two I tried that way were great and I thought I had found the golden ticket - but then not so much... I posted here basically as a last resort after exhausting all of the other things I'd read. The fact that I have achieved good hits from the M will not allow me to just put it away just yet. Appreciate your willingness to help out though - one of the things that makes this forum great.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I was originally covering most of the carb hole which forces a more mouth to lung hit. I got a couple good ones that way too. But I prefer a more straight lung hit and tried the M with the carb hole uncovered. The first one or two I tried that way were great and I thought I had found the golden ticket - but then not so much... I posted here basically as a last resort after exhausting all of the other things I'd read. The fact that I have achieved good hits from the M will not allow me to just put it away just yet. Appreciate your willingness to help out though - one of the things that makes this forum great.

More than welcome bud, happy to help out where I can.

I'm going to assume you get a good hit of vapor then if you do a mouth pull but that's not the experience you are after?

Do you have any rolling papers around and a pin/needle?

If you do take a small square and paste it over the carb hole. Then place a small pin hole in it.

Take a toke and if it's producing vapor whist giving you the airflow you need for the direct-to-lung draw you are after. If it isn't add another small hole.

If you eventually find your sweet spot then your issue is related to your air to vapor mix/ratio when trying to do a direct-to-lung draw.

Too loose and you don't get any vapor. Too tight and you struggle to get a good direct-to-lung pull.

If that's the case then you can control the ratio by closing and opening up the carb with your finger multiple times during the draw. Some take to it immediately, others find it much harder.

Alternatively you can shift the smaller O-ring towards the tip end so that it partially blocks the carb hole.

Lastly this is where the Omni comes in. It's basically the model for direct-to-lung users who don't want to mess about with the above methods.

Eyedunno

Anyone else use their VapCap for tobacco?

Being someone who prefers pure convection, I bought my OmniVap more as a curiosity and doomsday kinda vape. But I got a wild hair about three months ago and I have some Djarum Blacks that I've been keeping in my freezer so that in case I get the temptation to smoke, I can cut one open, roll it up in a paper, and have an old-school clove cigarette (though the pack has been sitting in my freezer for almost two years since the last time I actually did smoke tobacco). I put a chunk of one into it and vaped it, and found it surprisingly nice.

I even get the mild numbing effect of the clove and a respectable nicotine buzz, likely assisted by the fact that my normal daily vape is very low nicotine (1-3 mg/mL). I've since done it three times more, and each time has been enjoyable. I also kind of like how you can peel off the cigarette (or in my case cheap cigar) paper like a pack of life savers and dispense it into the tip (tamping down after it's full).

The downside, of course, is residual flavors if you use your VapCap for cannabis as well.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Anyone else use their VapCap for tobacco?

Being someone who prefers pure convection, I bought my OmniVap more as a curiosity and doomsday kinda vape. But I got a wild hair about three months ago and I have some Djarum Blacks that I've been keeping in my freezer so that in case I get the temptation to smoke, I can cut one open, roll it up in a paper, and have an old-school clove cigarette (though the pack has been sitting in my freezer for almost two years since the last time I actually did smoke tobacco). I put a chunk of one into it and vaped it, and found it surprisingly nice.

I even get the mild numbing effect of the clove and a respectable nicotine buzz, likely assisted by the fact that my normal daily vape is very low nicotine (1-3 mg/mL). I've since done it three times more, and each time has been enjoyable. I also kind of like how you can peel off the cigarette (or in my case cheap cigar) paper like a pack of life savers and dispense it into the tip (tamping down after it's full).

The downside, of course, is residual flavors if you use your VapCap for cannabis as well.

There have been a few posts of users vaping tobacco in their Vapcap.

From what I remember they suggest:
  1. Go easy, it's very efficient and can overwhelm quick quickly.
  2. Cutting a small stainless steel mesh screen to sit in the cap. Make it so that it's a little convex so it stops the herb from touching the end of the cap. This will stop it from charing.
  3. Use separate VC's for tobacco and cannabis.
  4. Use rolling tobacco as it's usually a cleaner vape session

Gigsabits53

I'm betting you are very close to getting the hang of it. I always struggle with a new butane vape. At one point for each one I own, I figured I would not get the hang of it. But now I can use any of them without much issue. When I first got the M I had trouble with combustion, got frustrated, then watched some videos and eventually I got it down.

Keep at it, you will be rewarded. :)

Ricardo

Interesting posts recently about reclaim. I use a @Squiby © de-gummed hemp filter and don't accumulate much gunk in the condenser - normally I just soak in ISO+dish soap for a monthly cleaning. BUT, yesterday I ran a ball of hemp through the condenser a few times and chucked it into the tip. Got 4 cycles of smooth, light vapor. Lovely gentle head high, this OmniVap just keeps on giving!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Diversion In a Cigarette Holder

Wondering if aftermarket VapCap stems provide condensers,
and carb holes, according to the original
DynaVap concept? :\

Or not.

m3XCofA.jpg [IMG]

VapCap seemed to have changed the airflow concept from the carb hole, to the main intakes on
the tips. An evolutionary design change?

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

A couple of questions I have:

1) If I buy a Ti woody XLS, would I want to get a nonavong body or stem to go along with it? So basically I want two vapes when I buy these two items. I'm sorry but I get confused on what matches to what, if that makes sense.

2) Im trying to decide if I want the woody and the vong to match, meaning both blackwood or cocobolo etc. Im guessing its just personal preference but wondering how the community makes their decision?

Thanks!

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: kushkush

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member

1) If I buy a Ti woody XLS, would I want to get a nonavong body or stem to go along with it? So basically I want two vapes when I buy these two items. I'm sorry but I get confused on what matches to what, if that makes sense.

2) Im trying to decide if I want the woody and the vong to match, meaning both blackwood or cocobolo etc. Im guessing its just personal preference but wondering how the community makes their decision?

Thanks!

For the first question you'd want a nonavong stem for a XLS model. But its whatever tickles your pickle when it comes to picking a wood species. Cant go wrong with either bud.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

Thanks!

Yo!

1) For an XLS you need the stem and a mouthpiece.

2) I went for a double crowned Blackwood stem and a matching Vong. Like you said though, this comes down to personal preference.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
EDIT: Added my own quote here to keep the below relevant after it was moved with another part of same post to a different thread. :doh:

... Flew out of town recently and was TSA pre-check both ways. Had 5 jet lighters with me (some for different situations, but mostly to have enough juice without taking/buying a can of butane). 2 were in checked bag and 3 spread around my carry on. When I was coming home they kept putting my carry on back through the scanner. I thought it was because of my Mi (broken on trip :cry:, wrapped in tissues and in camera case). I was pretty tuned at the time, as we squeezed in a couple hours at a fun beer fest on way to airport. I told TSA yeah, that's my e-cig in the bottom. The guy on the scanner (who seemed a little new) kept putting it through. I was damned near shitting bricks remembering that I didn't clean my broken Mi female GonG. I had cleaned the stems, but never thought about the busted up Mi until now. Anyway, the more senior TSA guy opens my bag and pulls out my longest owned triple torch! It was a beast with a pretty big tank, butane sight glass, and lit 99% of the time it clicked (Scorch Torch Skyline in pic below, but all black). He said these jet lighters aren't allowed on flights. I just said OK and tried not to wince as he took it out and threw it in the trash. Felt lucky to get through with no more issue as I had 2 more jets, an M, a Ti Woody, and my broken Mi with 2 clean stems all in the same bag. I had thought you were allowed to carry 2 lighters on person or in carry-on bag. Checked since and NO jet lighters are allowed at all. The 2 that made it through were the inline triple jet from DV and a flattish dual jet Scorch.

WCy8Lhc.jpg

Sorry to hear you got mugged by the TSA.

I believe you can fly with a jet lighter as long as it's stored in a DOT approved container and checked with baggage.

Problem is the TSA officers don't always know that and might take the lighter from you anyway.

I kind of thought that but was in no position to question them with a good beer & vapor buzz on (nice sleep on flight!), and more "contraband" in my carry on.

Your info and link are from March 2013. It looks as though this was updated in Nov. 2013, but you are correct. You may carry 2 lighters in checked bag (including jet torch) if they are in DOT approved containers (Q2 below). Or, technically as many totally empty lighters (not even residue) in checked bags (Q3 below).

From TSA FAQ Doc dtd. 11/18/13

"Q1. What type of lighter can I bring onto the aircraft?
A1. Under DOT rules (49 CFR 175.10), when traveling on a commercial airline, you can bring one (1) lighter that uses a flammable gas (butane) or that uses a flammable liquid that is absorbed in a lining (Zippo-type). The following restrictions apply:

• For safety reasons, permitted lighters must be in your carry-on or on your person (in your pocket), not in checked baggage. See Q2. regarding special travel containers that allow lighters in checked baggage.

• Under TSA regulations, torch lighters (a.k.a. jet lighters, blue flame lighters, cigar lighters) are forbidden in your carry-on or on your person. TSA rules also prohibit lighters that look like guns or other weapons.

• Containers of lighter fluid or gas (butane) are for bidden in carry-on and checked baggage.

• Micro torches, chef torches, utility torches, etc., are not considered lighters and are forbidden in carry-on
and checked baggage. Fuel for such torches is also forbidden in carry-on and checked baggage.

Q2. Is there any exception to the “one lighter only” rule or the “no torch lighters” rule?
A2. You can bring up to two (2) additional lighters—including torch lighters—in your checked baggage when
you use DOT-approved airtight travel containers for lighters. Major lighter manufacturers such as Colibri, Prometheus, and Zippo have secured DOT special permits for their lighter travel containers... These DOT-approved containers are the only way you can carry the torch lighters that the TSA bans from the aircraft cabin.... These DOT special permits only apply to U.S. domestic air travel.

Q3. Are empty lighters restricted?
A3. A lighter that is truly empty (absolutely no fuel residue or vapors) is not regulated by the DOT as a
hazardous material. There is no limit on how many empty lighters you may carry..."

Link to full document.

FACTS MATTER - especially in situations such as this!

Looks like we need the mods to move a bucket of recent posts to the vapcap lighter thread :uhh:

Way to go, @steama :tup:!

:rofl:

Why? I believe the thread you're referring to is titled "What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?" - which is an entirely different topic. Are you referring to another thread that deals with lighters allowed in flight by TSA? I couldn't find one like that.

In my humble opinion:
  1. This is an entirely different topic. (I also posted the part that is relevant on the Flying with Vapes thread.)
  2. This topic is relevant to VC use (or taking it with you to use), and information at least some here may like to know.
  3. Other "Off-Topic" posts regarding carrying cases, lighter use and others (don't even get me started on fucking magnets and magnetic theory!) are a regular part of the discussion here. Many are a worthwhile part of the discussion that I (and assume others) enjoy and value.
  4. I hope these posts stay here contrary to your suggestion, as many of us aren't shopping for new lighters and don't really care what are others' favorites, so have no need/desire to go to that thread. However, this information could be worthwhile for many.
  5. The Mods usually do pretty well at moving things around without your guidance (or anyone else's).

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@flotntoke, it's still off-topic imho :2c:

Try this thread;
edit: I see you're already aware of it :tup:

And, I still think it's off topic there. No issues with my VC on plane - the vape. If you follow that thread I think you'll probably see that the conversation revolves much more around legalities and cleaning or using fresh vape parts to be cool with TSA - or what they may consider a device used for illegal activity. All unrelated to my lighter IMO. I cleaned my VCs well before leaving home and before coming back. No worries there, although I agree such things would be more appropriate in that thread.

Maybe a "Batteries on Planes" thread would be more appropriate? But, much more magnets & magnetic theory on this thread by a huge margin and no separate thread created for that. Same for other things, as well. Guess it's just me that's off in expecting less than a page of relevant info for fellow VCers on something like this to be appropriate, while so many other periphery topics go on for endless numbers of pages and never get the bump - or the suggestion to bump - to somewhere else.

All good by me except for the randomness of what gets moved where that keeps me wondering. :hmm: Unless it is due to reports on posts that are random, and cause posts to be moved to different threads? That and fact that if someone else had similar info to share, I'd look for it here as the most appropriate place. If I was looking for info about any of my vapes on a plane, I'd go to the one you suggested. If I was looking for info on which lighter to buy or where, I'd go to the thread you suggested previously. Probably just the way my stubborn old thought process works.:myday: Guess I'm kind of fucked up in thinking that specific threads like those should remain specific to those topics, while threads like this (full of more periphery info around a vape than any I know of) shouldn't include info I posted.

Back to VCs instead of admin bullshit and the mysteries of FC post shuffling....

Been loving my Pipe's Portside and is making me use my VCs a bit too much! I really need to put the damned thing up and away somewhere. It's usually on my desk or kitchen counter and makes it so convenient to vape that I can't resist a hit or two every time I see it with a VC sitting on top. Only thing that saves me is when VC is empty or spent. Doesn't help that I have my OMNI dressed in the new Ti funky cut body, and it's usually the one on there. The way it catches the light makes it seem like it is calling me whenever I get a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye! Have to remember to switch it carbon fiber soon, but can't seem to because the whole set up has me vaped more often. Think that's a catch 22 I can live with for now, though.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@flotntoke my only objective was to try and keep this thread on track, as it's hard enough to keep up with as it is. Batteries & lighters on planes might be an idea. Did you know there's an induction heater thread?

;) Jk Jk Jk! It's all good, I'll leave the moderating to the mods and be on my way :tup:

All good here too, Man!!! Induction heater thread.... :lmao::rofl:

LabPong

Yo!

2) I went for a double crowned Blackwood stem and a matching Vong. Like you said though, this comes down to personal preference.

Cool....I was wondering how that one would look like in person. Just a few days ago I got my first vapcap...a blackwood vong xls.

After using both in water unit and strait off the mouth piece, I realized I needed help with 2 things. Finding the carb quickly and getting a more even heat pattern with a torch. So I made 2 modifications with one being a simple visual aid of applying 2 small colored masking tape pieces at the tip of the vong by the carb and then one 180 degrees opposite. This way I can make sure I heat the cap evenly around its circumference better. I usually spin the vapcap in my one hand both ways. I switch rotations back and forth and it's hard to see exactly where my path of heating is hitting. So if I have 2 polar visual aids when heating, I can make sure its close to even all the way around. Also this helps when quickly putting it into the water unit's joint and finding the carb as quickly as possible to not loose part of the hit.

bwxlsvong1_zpsurjwdehk.jpg

I had to physically modify the vong body though....I notched out the carb a little to help feel exactly where it is as my eyes and finger dexterity are not the best ....I also tend to use it in darker rooms and such situations.

Wish I could add 1 other change.... to make the bottom of the vong piece to be non-9 sided and just a round shaped conical design to fit higher up and more sealed so I don't have to use the 18mm joint section with the rubber o-ring.

bwxlsvong3_zpsxv4lqdga.jpg

Other than that....this is the most perfect addition to my arizer air. I just have to work on getting better tastes out of it. Vapor is no problem for me....and I can get so ripped with it....my 15 inch water tube gets me totally blasted in 3 good hits where I cant do that with the arizer air. But the air has the best tastes for me and works very well....it just takes more lung power and a much longer session. But then the vapcap is more even more efficient and can get me more ripped quicker.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Hi everyone. I need to spice up my vape life and have made the decision that I'm going to purchase a Dynavap. Looks very convenient and has lots of good feedback.

I have absolutely no idea how these different Dynavap models differ apart from the materials used and general aesthetics. Call me lazy or stupid (don't do that) but can you guys fill the blanks for me?

I want the bowl that clicks so I don't burn my load - I'm assuming all Dynavaps have this?

I'm in the UK so will most likely order from vapefiend - the Dynavaps they have are listed here - https://vapefiend.co.uk/vaporizers/torch-powered-vaporizers

I really like the idea of vaping through the original glass Dynavap as I expect the taste to be superior to wood or metal; and its also the cheapest!

The one thing that puts me off getting the glass piece is if I use it in public (which is what I mainly intend to use my Dynavap for) people may think I'm smoking crack! This puts me off big time as if its not stealthy enough I won't be able to use it conveniently.

Flavour is really important to me. If it doesn't taste good I don't see the point. I used to have a metal Amazed pipe in my combusting days and could always taste the metal, and so never used it; as such I'm very sceptical of the metal Dynavaps.

I mainly use herbs these days, never oils, sometimes Euro-hash.

Any help much appreciated.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Hi everyone. I need to spice up my vape life and have made the decision that I'm going to purchase a Dynavap. Looks very convenient and has lots of good feedback.

I have absolutely no idea how these different Dynavap models differ apart from the materials used and general aesthetics. Call me lazy or stupid (don't do that) but can you guys fill the blanks for me?

I want the bowl that clicks so I don't burn my load - I'm assuming all Dynavaps have this?

I'm in the UK so will most likely order from vapefiend - the Dynavaps they have are listed here - https://vapefiend.co.uk/vaporizers/torch-powered-vaporizers

I really like the idea of vaping through the original glass Dynavap as I expect the taste to be superior to wood or metal; and its also the cheapest!

The one thing that puts me off getting the glass piece is if I use it in public (which is what I mainly intend to use my Dynavap for) people may think I'm smoking crack! This puts me off big time as if its not stealthy enough I won't be able to use it conveniently.

Flavour is really important to me. If it doesn't taste good I don't see the point. I used to have a metal Amazed pipe in my combusting days and could always taste the metal, and so never used it; as such I'm very sceptical of the metal Dynavaps.

I mainly use herbs these days, never oils, sometimes Euro-hash.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi Lazy Stupid (sorry couldn't help myself :lol:),

You are correct that all VapCaps have the click feature. Only the click occurs due to 2x bimetal plates in the cap not the bowl (the bowl is known as the tip).

The OG glass VC I believe is now discontinued having been replaced by the M.

So what you see on Vapefiend is probably just the last remaining unsold stock.

The OG has a glass tip, body and condenser but obviously the cap is metal.

The M uses stainless steel for all components (plus some high temp O-rings).

Other models use titanium for the tips and for the Omni's soon the condensers as well. You can of course select from a range of materials for the body.

If you want an all glass setup I'd go for the vaponic. You could get one of the remaining OG VapCaps from vapefiend but they break quite easily and it won't be long until there aren't many around so replacement may be impossible in the near future.

Top Bottom