VAPEHUNTER

VYhpg1f_d.jpg

This pic of hemp fiber looks almost like hemp rope. It's very long "stringy". The hemp fiber I have looks more like cotton.

I found a picture of Degummed hemp fiber from China that looks a "little dark".

Nature Hemp Fiber

The Hemp fiber I have is more like cotton, like this ↓
ga1__27631.1460586548.600.600.jpg

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper , I would think it would depend on how much space is between the CCDs in comparision to how much hemp has to be used to fill that space firmly. I, too, am no scientist so maybe one will pop up with the answer. ;)

When I did it the fibre was fairly tight in there. I used a very small amount. Just enough to cover the CCD.

I'm gonna continue speculating with no real clue until that scientific mind shows up in 3........2........ @herbivore2[B][U]1[/U][/B] ? :D

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Understood but having the hemp sandwiched between 2x Ti screens must reduce the amount significantly. Would the compression between the screens also not have a significant impact on the integrity of the filter?

I'm just guessing here, I ain't no scientist and I've performed no science on this :lol:
it's all mostly guessing, there is no research on this afaik - only a sucking:D measuring of the vapor would tell
But that's something i'd love to see in general for every vape - an analysis of the created vapor (i have the vintage tilt ad in mind, it says something about 96% tar reduction vs combustion, so there can still be some)
tilt-vaporizer.jpg

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
it's all mostly guessing - only a sucking:D measuring of the vapor would tell
But that's something i'd love to see in general for every vape - an analysis of the created vapor (i have the vintage tilt ad in mind, it says something about 96% tar reduction vs combustion, so there is still some)

Exactly, it's all supposition without real world testing.

Don't know the tilt ad so cant really comment.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
it's all mostly guessing, there is no research on this afaik - only a sucking:D measuring of the vapor would tell
But that's something i'd love to see in general for every vape - an analysis of the created vapor (i have the vintage tilt ad in mind, it says something about 96% tar reduction vs combustion, so there can still be some)
tilt-vaporizer.jpg

Yep, I'm tilted alright :whoa::haw:

tblast

I emailed DV telling them about the issues, and sent a picture of my fiber. I was told that they briefly tried unbleached hemp fiber, and switched back after some customer feedback. They also sent me a new bag of hemp fiber, which is really amazing!

Great product, great service! Thanks to everyone for their help!

Summer

Long Island, NY
@VAPEHUNTER, Mine is a white with a grayish, biegey cast - kind of a French Vanilla ice cream color. Mine isn't anywhere near as fluffy in texture as in the 2nd pic; it has a cottony & thready feeling like a spool of thread. When I loosen it up by massaging between my fingers, it feels like human hair; think the cotton thread. Very odd texture, for sure. A few fibers were not totally degummed so they feel stalky like the coarse stems of grass seed flowers -- think your lawn propagating.

Here's a video showing the Elkwick hemp starting at 4:05 for anyone who wants to see what nice quality hemp looks like besides google having some images. This video employing it for e-vaping is of special interest as my 1st e-vape is in the mail. :clap: Anyone who e-vapes should watch the whole thing -- the guy is good & enjoyable. I went to their website & the one he referenced, but I don't think they are in business anymore.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
When I did it the fibre was fairly tight in there. I used a very small amount. Just enough to cover the CCD.:D

Tried the hemp today. Put it between tip & condenser & got absolutely nothing when I inhaled-- tried 3x. It was a tad too dense. My rolling of it sucks. I wish it were more like cotton in texture. I'll try a couple of more times with different, posted techniques, but I don't think it's gonna be my cup of tea. Haven't used the Ti XL yet, but I don't really want to cut the bowl size down with double screening as the bowl size is perfect for my 3 - 5 hits.

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Tried the hemp today. Put it between tip & condenser & got absolutely nothing when I inhaled-- tried 3x. It was a tad too dense. My rolling of it sucks. I wish it were more like cotton in texture. I'll try a couple of more times with different, posted techniques, but I don't think it's gonna be my cup of tea. Haven't used the Ti XL yet, but I don't really want to cut the bowl size down with double screening the as bowl size is perfect for my 3 - 5 hits.

I opted in the end to use some of my rosin pressing screen placed between 2x Ti CCD's pushed all the way in. But that's in my Omni that I haven't used in weeks as I'm loving the water hits at the moment. I don't bother with a filter other than the 1x CCD in my PP stem as the water handles any stray particles and I rinse out my MFLB Orbiter daily.

jaidyn

So about a week ago or so, I had posted here that I ordered a Ti-Carbon S and loved it. My only negative at that time was that the tip was easily removed from the body. Not like how most of them should be, but like it would be on a magnet, I would lift it, and it would leave the tip (not just the cap) attached to the magnet.
Well, this got the notice of George ( @VapCap ) from Dynavap and he took care of it. I just received in the mail today an envelope with enough replacement o-rings for the tip and it now fits perfectly.
When I made my initial post about it, I was not making an actual "complaint"... and truth-be-told, the loose tip made it easier to clean when needed.
All that said, I never cease to be amazed at how awesome George and the people at Dynavap are. They have a life-long and loyal customer in me. :tup::clap:

Used2use

it's all supposition
well i would call it more reasonably doubt - thermal stability of a molecule can be calculated, the binding forces between them also (at that sizes everything bases on statistical possibillities), but still a measurement would be the best proof.
But that is not directly my science metier - most people wouldn't believe that a sodium ion can migrate out of glass into crystalline silicon just by extended heating and cooling with 100C temp difference...

Last edited:

virtualpurple

Hey guys,

Loving my M as previously noted and ready to dig deeper into the Dynavap rabbithole! What should my next purchase be? Upgrade for the M? Different unit altogether?

My first suggestion is a portside induction heater from @Pipes, my second suggestion is either a ti-woody-xl or a xl nonavong with a wooden mouthpiece. Those options leave you with multiple possible configurations.

1. Standard m
2. M w/ titanium tip
3. M w/ wooden mouthpiece and xl condenser for an extended stem. Looks kinda different but I like it for the extra heft. Steel or titanium tip
4. Xl vong with mouthpiece
5. Use the condenser from the M in the vong without the mouthpiece for a straight vong experience, this helps the fit in some bubblers I imagine. It works for my 14mm f-bomb. Steel or titanium tip.

That's a lot of different setups you can play with. Right now I am using my M with a titanium tip, I'm actually preferring that over the omnivap right now. Just feels a little more rustic to me or something. I like the weight and simplicity. It's kinda like driving a souped up classic car.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
well i would call it more reasonably doubt - thermal stability of a molecule can be calculated, the binding forces between them also (at that sizes everything bases on statistical possibillities), but still a measurement would be the best proof.
But that is not directly my science metier - most people wouldn't believe that a sodium ion can migrate out of glass into crystalline silicon just by extended heating and cooling with 100C temp difference...

Without testing it is just a hypothesis.

Without evidence there is no way to tell under these specific circumstances what is happening and the extent to which it is happening.

I'm not against the theory but it can't be presented as anything more than theory until there is evidence.

GreenHopper,
Reactions: StoneFog

Used2use

Sure, even a measurement will not conclude completely, it would take a long term study do be sure (it kind of already started ;) - i'm in the non fiber control group :D ).
It's just my way of choosing the least possibillity of harm, everyone has it's own choice.
No one would ever think about using a cigarette filter for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
my ti woody's arrived 2 hours ago and i just finished my first session.

i tried with the "mouth first carb close then throat with open carb multiple hit" draw technique and seems to be the best for vapor production (big clouds like my air or my GH) and unexpectedly not-too-warm vapor with this short airpath, really impressive.

the woody work fine with my 2 euros one flame torch lighter (better than expected), really fast warming up and cool down (thanks to titanium tip i suppose).

with a full chamber (screen in the bottom) of grinded not-so-great weed i make 7-8 variable hit.
2 whispy hit (one at the beginning end one at the end) and 5-6 cloudy hit in the middle.

tip of the cap first then i make my way through the bottom with multiple cycles (4-5 cycles in total).

the abv is a little darker than expected (not ashes) so maybe i have to cut off at least 1 draw\cycle at the end.

i really want to try this thing with serious weed and hash sooner or later.

thanks to all of use for the advice and sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Top Bottom