flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I have the opposite experience as my Omni produces reclaim at a fastest rate than any other vape I tried. It's also a very dark and sticky one with a pretty strong smell. I need to clean the condenser quite often to avoid bad taste and some seriously smelly pockets.

Single torch at home to heat it as slowly as I can and triples outdoor for the opposite reason.

All of my Ti tips produce a good bit of sticky goo in the condenser. I scrape what I can with a small Ti dab tool and vape it up - usually with nano or WS.

I usually don't worry much about the smell, as the doob-tube keeps it down. Though I did recently do a super cleaning for air travel. Used M a good bit while away, and cleaned easily with a Q-tip and ISO before I flew home.

Good deal.....that makes me happy to hear!

One other question I have is with using some sort of particle screen/fiber. I am reading a lot of mixed reviews for using hemp fiber or cotton. I am just worried about using the vapcap straight up with out being used with a water unit. I do not want any added taste/smell or extra cleaning to do from that addition. Can you adopt a tiny round screen to put in instead of fiber material?

Both hemp fiber & cotton should work well. I've played with hemp fiber with good results, but not cotton. A screen will keep the smaller particles in the tip, but probably not the most effective to keep condenser clean. IMO this is not a bad thing. It is super easy to scrape out goo, and clean (or just clean and forego the tasty wand hash). A Q-tip with a bit of cotton removed and dipped in alcohol will clean it up in no time.

If you're just looking for lighter/less harsh vapor, you can achieve this by learning how to feather the airport/carb to your liking.

...hello everyone
Does anyone have any advice/experience w/ moonrocks in they're VC?.
....i have an M w/ a Ti tip and an xl condenser w/ spinning m.p. setup especially for concentrates....i removed the stock screen and put a nano stem screen in....fits nice and if ever using say an SSV pick there's no worry of it coming out...this is at the loss of posistioning of course....but I intend on using a cut down mesh chunk in there w/ another reversed nano screen possibly to enclose it.
I just know what a mess this can potentially be using shatters or oils...which is my go to.
From what I can gather im on the right path w/ the mesh...i just want any advice on getting the cleanest possible experience all around w/ the gooey stuff
Thanks!

I haven't used purchased "moonrocks" in mine, but have used many various mixes including shatter, kief, flower, wand hash, and even a little thick oil (designed for pen vape) from a mess I had on a leaky tank. I use @Squiby 's two CCD (screen) hemp fiber sandwich for this and have had great results! A similar sandwich with CCD/hemp/screen should work just as well. Mess stays in the tip, and depending on trate type and how my mix is, VC can give MANY hits. Last time I did this was for a smallish outdoor concert and preloaded 2 VCs with my homemade moonrocks (gooey trate, rolled in ground flower, then live resin, then gooey trate, then kief). Was a mess to play with, but damn the hits were sweet! I also had my MVT for just flower and it got a good bit of use, but was hitting and sharing both the VCs for the whole afternoon. I ended up having to finish them off the next day, because 20 or so hits off of each did not! Be sure YOU control heating and RESPECT THE CLICK for best results.

I prefer mixes like this under a log vape at home, but IMO VC is the best way to do this away from home. Be forewarned, you can't vape too subtly like this because your exhales will probably be thick and very smelly. A great smell for sure, but you don't want to be within a couple hundred feet of a cop! Turn on a few friends with some hits of this, and they'll follow you around like a lost puppy. :D

@GreenHopper beat me to the punch here, but he is spot on, too!

Smokey McVape

Good deal.....that makes me happy to hear!

One other question I have is with using some sort of particle screen/fiber. I am reading a lot of mixed reviews for using hemp fiber or cotton. I am just worried about using the vapcap straight up with out being used with a water unit. I do not want any added taste/smell or extra cleaning to do from that addition. Can you adopt a tiny round screen to put in instead of fiber material?
@LabPong
You can use small metal screens instead of hemp fibre but it will not be as easy to keep clean as with the hemp fiber because the rosin/reclaim will still collect behind the screen and on the condenser. However the hemp fibre stops all reclaim passing through and you can then put the hemp fibre covered in rosin/reclaim back in you vapcap and get absolutely wrecked!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Also, DynaVap haven't had much variety in their shop for stems and bodies for a while, I hope they get more soon. Browsing back through the thread I saw burl, which looks super nice. Though the lack of choice is at least keeping my VAS in check, somewhat... (don't tell me to look at @Winegums & @phattpiggie 's stuff; if I start down that rabbit-hole I'm doomed to spend more money than I can spare!)
I hadn't even noticed that burl was no longer being offered in the Dyna shop, 18mm VonGs are also non-existent. I guess Dynavap is growing too large to stock so many different sizes and species of exotic wood.

If you ever do want a burl piece I'd be happy to make one. :nod:

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
xMOjJYp.jpg[IMG]

Oh, how rapidly the summer doest fly by! How I do pray for George to have a pre/post Labor Day $ALE--before autumn it's acummin in, and the winds of winter doest blow ye bones into ye cold, cold night! :myday:

i.e. :bowdown: George , how's abouts a Labor Day $ALE? :cheers::bigleaf::spliff:

Last edited:

tblast

I have a couple questions about the hemp fiber. First off, it smells kind of funky right out of the box, a little bit of a barnyard smell. Is that normal?

Secondly, I'm not having much luck with using as a filter inside the tip between two screens. I find it turns dark brown and gets pretty crispy after just a bowl or 2, and my condenser quickly gets lined with little shards of hemp. I don't think that's what supposed to be happening! Maybe I'm heating too hot? I heat very low on the cap, but I'm not combusting my herb so I didn't assume it was too hot, I dunno.

I'm having a little bit more luck putting the fiber in the back end of the tip, but it's not as secure there, so I was hoping to find a remedy for the crispiness of putting the fiber inside the chamber itself. Also I'd like to use it as a bed for concentrates, but my experiences so far leave me hesitant to do so!

Thanks!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

YEAH MAN! The only real downside here is when you get all F'd up, and forget the power of the load. I kept starting to take way too big of a hit - trying to get vapor until cool down click like I do with regular ground flower. NOT a good idea unless you want to hack up a lung! This mix, and a few others simpler ones, will put vape pens with oil to shame.

tblast

I have a couple questions about the hemp fiber. First off, it smells kind of funky right out of the box, a little bit of a barnyard smell. Is that normal?

Secondly, I'm not having much luck with using as a filter inside the tip between two screens. I find it turns dark brown and gets pretty crispy after just a bowl or 2, and my condenser quickly gets lined with little shards of hemp. I don't think that's what supposed to be happening! Maybe I'm heating too hot? I heat very low on the cap, but I'm not combusting my herb so I didn't assume it was too hot, I dunno.

I'm having a little bit more luck putting the fiber in the back end of the tip, but it's not as secure there, so I was hoping to find a remedy for the crispiness of putting the fiber inside the chamber itself. Also I'd like to use it as a bed for concentrates, but my experiences so far leave me hesitant to do so!

Thanks!

Also, when I put some hemp fiber in the chamber, heat it up, cover the carb, and exhale into the mouthpiece, I see some vapor or possibly smoke emit from the tip. Is that normal? To be clear, there is no herb in my chamber, and this particular tip has been thoroughly cleaned.

I really feel like there has to be something I'm doing wrong here, as I'm finding the hemp fiber from DV to be totally unusable.

Thanks.

exime

Also, when I put some hemp fiber in the chamber, heat it up, cover the carb, and exhale into the mouthpiece, I see some vapor or possibly smoke emit from the tip. Is that normal? To be clear, there is no herb in my chamber, and this particular tip has been thoroughly cleaned.

I really feel like there has to be something I'm doing wrong here, as I'm finding the hemp fiber from DV to be totally unusable.

Thanks.

Yea the hemp produces vapor. I don't really undrestand your question though. Exhaling into a mouthpiece? Maybe someone else knows what you mean.

exime,
Reactions: stark1

tblast

I believe he is testing the waters ( he does not want to breathe in the possibly harmful
vapor from the fiber). :tup:

Yes this is correct, just breathing out rather than breathing in so I can see what's going on with the hemp fiber without breathing it into my lungs.

Disappointing to confirm that the hemp fiber does in fact produce vapor. It also smells bad to me, so I'll probably toss it and stick with using cotton filters (which I put in the condenser tube).

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I've been scanning this thread, just jumping in at different points in time and LMAO; nice to see so many familiar folks with opinions I respect. As fellow FCers (<is that right? FC'rs?) have suggested that a Dynavap acquisition is the next logical step in my meager arsenal, I thought I would learn a bit. I know nothing about butane vapes and the torch aspect intimidated me a bit TBH. But I see here the technique becomes second-nature in time and Dynavap certainly has a passionate, funny as hell, knowledgeable customer base right here! Also think it says a lot the owner and staff contribute here as well and check in with info. Actually now that I consider it, FC has built a remarkable place where so many makers of quality, kickass products and accessories choose to interact with their customers and take joy in the happiness of others. Makes me want a VC bad... oh no I'm rambling again...
I'msosorry, I'msohighrightnow :smug:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
And I was wondering how you balanced that giant bubble on the stand...

Stability comes in triads, my friend ( you can,almost, see the butt end of the 3rd (hah!) mastodon)! :hmm:

Up until recently, that was the Vapcap S, glass body and tip like the OG with a stainless condenser and wood mouthpiece. Best flavor of the whole family, IMHO

Busted! To me it's a glassy Spinner, aka VapCap S(pinner).:peace:

(The VC in the avatar however has a Ti tip, and a fat MP to cover a protruding metal condenser, was trying to make small smaller.)

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Yes this is correct, just breathing out rather than breathing in so I can see what's going on with the hemp fiber without breathing it into my lungs.

Disappointing to confirm that the hemp fiber does in fact produce vapor. It also smells bad to me, so I'll probably toss it and stick with using cotton filters (which I put in the condenser tube).

I'd try the same with cotton and see if you get any similar results.

A few others have said the hemp they got from DV was not too good. I got some way back (probably a lifetime supply for me) and really like it. Maybe a different batch? I'll have to try your test and see how it does.

If it's contaminants in the hemp, that's no bueno! But, if it is just the hemp itself - no big deal. It's only really poor cannabis by our standards. Probably a different opinion from those who have used it for so many other purposes.

Nobody wants to impart bad taste on their vapor, but I really hate the "band-aid" taste you get from cotton and prefer the hemp. It's not great, but IME is kind of nutty with a slight after taste of dirt weed. Tastes pretty much the same to me whether in VC or nano when using in the chamber. When I first got it, I tried putting a little piece in the condenser up at the tip end about 1/4 of the way back or so a couple times. Don't recall it imparting any taste at all, but I wasn't a fan of the added draw restriction. I usually hit with airport covered, and that's enough of a pull without adding to it.

VisiblyVaped

Up until recently, that was the Vapcap S, glass body and tip like the OG with a stainless condenser and wood mouthpiece. Best flavor of the whole family, IMHO

Stability comes in triads, my friend ( you can,almost, see the butt end of the 3rd (hah!) mastodon)! :hmm:

Busted! To me it's a glassy Spinner, aka VapCap S(pinner).:peace:

(The VC in the avatar however has a Ti tip, and a fat MP to cover a protruding metal condenser, was trying to make small smaller.)

These og glass vapcaps.......
Cheap? Available anywhere?

Would be a nice addition to the collection

VisiblyVaped

Dude I just looked there lol.

This all started a little less than a month ago. I missed the M for a friend just barely with my son's birth, but someone from dynavap was generous enough to give me that price.

Now I see it was all an evil genius plan.
That 20 turned into 105 with the black woody ti nanovong I ordered from PIU the other day (thanks Randy) and will then be 140 with this and let's say 200 since I need a damn dynastash.

20 frickin dollars. x10. Just like that.

I hope my son is smart enough or athletic enough for a scholarship.....

Top Bottom