Whynot

I'm wondering what the differences are between the seven fin To tip and the new five fin tip, aside from the obvious difference in amount of cooling find. Also, I thought that more cooling find was a good thing when I switched to the seven fin from my SS tip. Just looking for anybody's two cents on this new To tip.

And please pardon me if this has already been answered

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
EUF0w9F.jpg

old classic album, new classic vape.
What is that thing, is it one of those old vinyl records? ;)

JLara

My favourite vape to take to a hotel is the Hopper, it's stealthy and no matter how spaced I am I know it isn't going to combust. But I find loading frustrating, I use @Ratchett's stand and funnel to avoid gumming up the threads which is really a necessity if you want to keep the device in good working order. The performance from the Hopper for my needs is outstanding but I hate battery management of those proprietary cells because they are small so any degradation has a noticeable effect on performance.

However all other times I find I'm using a VapCap in one form or another. Loading is the simplest process of shoving stuff in one end without any caution or care required. Cleaning is dead simple and the device is 100% reliable, especially with spares. Once @Pipes Induction Heater arrives I won't even need to bother using a torch. If the heater breaks.... meh.... I can always use a torch. The confidence I have in my VapCaps being there when I need them is 100% and the performance is just as good as the hoppers. I've actually found I'm using less material with the VapCap.

Overall I'm glad I have the hopper to fill a niche requirement of super stealth for those odd occasions I need it but all other times I find the VapCap out matches the GH in form, function and desirability.

Plus like you say, I can swim with a VapCap, the lighters nit so much though. It's the car keys that really suffer, especially in sea water :doh:

You are so right about needing an Omni just to know what it's like. That's why my first VC was an Omni. ;)

So very true. :tup:

Very nice bud, love the magenta on clip/clamp idea. :nod:

Well, the way I used to load my GH was...

always keep ground herb win a small advil like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advil-Ibupr...756722?hash=item3ad9c65432:g:pREAAOSwjDZYm5W4

put like .1 gram. close my hand a little and then slide and twist the GH in. (like fucking my hand with the GH). 4 or 5 times and there were absolutely no residues or crystals in my hand. No waste.

that same advil tube was always my top choice to fill my Firefly, just open tube and with my index finger spank the side and sprinkle the chamber like salt. As before, no waste.

shit, every vape have pros and cons...

Pax1, sleek design, could pass it with friends and was fool proof. acceptable battery. but it was thick milkshake type, just the first 3 hits kinda nice flavor, then fucked up popcorn taste. (fell of my pocket)
Pax 2 better flavor, slicker, no prob with stuck mouthpiece, less maintenance. put less material using newvape pusher. better flavor but still not as smooth as a convection. I use this one to re use my avb. put it at 3 have a few hits, take the abv out smas it like dust, put it back in with the pusher, put it to 4 and really extract ALL the goods prior to combust.

Love my firefly 1. PURE flavor, bui its heavy and not stealthy. Used to keep it in my car with a small ego case and have the car charger and put it in the space between the seat and the middle compartment. untill the small pin where you put the charger broke, so it doesent charge anymore.
So I got the FF2. Lighter, smaller, sleeker. love the app, used it a lot in VAS mode but then i left it in high and 111%
The bad thing is that i feel a slight slight rubber or silicone aftertaste. And Ive tried another FF2 and felt the same. maybe im too sentitive. another con is the charging doc, i cannot charge it inside the small ego case in the car like the FF1. SInce I have 3 batteries sometimes I charge them with my FF2 and use the FF1 for the day. Fireflys IMO are one or 2 person vape. It has a learning curve to get clouds and could not share it in parties with people not used to vapes.

Gooboof alfa, loved the shape and dial, looks like a dslr dial. Im a photographer so i used to keep it in my camera bag nd was stealthy. i loved that i could have clouds with just 4 sec pulls. ....but, it got so daamn hot, and harsh vapor. so so flavor, definitely better than pax1. another bad, it just stop functioning.
Grasshoper, stealthiest os all, potent. but harsh without water tool and if i keep it in my pant pocket sometimes when y wanted to reach my car keys y sliced a piece of sskin, since the back end is so sharp. Had 4 batteries and lasted a good all day trip.

shit i expanded too much. just sharing experiences with other vapes. just had 2 bowls of my beloved M

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
hey guys, just wondering if anyone as tried one of these to heat up the cap?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lighter-Ch...id=1499395806&sr=8-28&keywords=butane+lighter

If I'm around a City (UK) I feel proper dodgy heating up my omni + I'm not having any luck with butane lights, they keep crapping out on me.

I need to find a solution as the M/Omni have become my daily drivers, haven't touched my crafty + others since I got this thing, apart from my Puffco+ love that pen for oils.

Do you recon this will be fine to make a body out of?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017XD8L2K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3VRLMO28D76A1&psc=1

Also I'd like to say how good DV's customer service is, I've read about it on this forum but got to witness it first hand, I ordered a Blackwood Vong and when it arrived it had an inch hairline crack down the body, contacted DV and within a few short hours they had another on its way to me, I received my first reply form them within 15 mins of me sending my first email.

Cheers
Craig.

I haven't tried one of those electric lighters But I'm pretty confident you're not going to achieve high enough temperatures with it.

As for the carbon blanks you posted i rekon they should work. I believe an internal diameter of 8mm is the key factor.

vapismos

Drooling over Dynavap's website.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@stix079, no it doesn't work. TI don't work with flames just with a glimming wire you can't heat the tip with. Perhaps? After 10 min.? But guess upheating is going slower with this tec than cooling.

BTW there is already a special lighter thread.

Since a few days I've a Pipe's Induction heater. Best alternative (even much better) than a torch lighter. But bc of size and weight perhaps not the best alternative on the go.

@JLara, posted in the wrong thread? This is the VapCap thread!?

Smokey McVape

I'm also interested in this although i think it won't be any good. It seems you will only be able to heat the bottom of the cap which is not right.

BTW did anyone get a shipping notification of his sales order?
@vapismos I ordered a Blackwood Omnivap and a load of accessories on July 3rd and am still waiting for it to ship which is both good and bad. Good because it means all of Georges hard work is paying off coz he must be inundated with orders. Bad because I want my new Dynavap NOW!!!:lol:

Hogni

Does now everybody with outstanding orders want to tell us his state of tracking?
Guys you've ordered just a few days ago. Guess there are some thousand orders while the sale. What are you expecting? DV isn't Santa with an army of goblins for packaging.
Please don't blow up this thread with a flood of - for the rest of the community - uninteresting notifications - thank you!

vapismos

Drooling over Dynavap's website.
Does now everybody with outstanding orders want to tell us his state of tracking?
Guys you've ordered just a few days ago. Guess there are some thousand orders while the sale. What are you expecting? DV isn't Santa with an army of goblins for packaging.
Please don't blow up this thread with a flood of - for the rest of the community - uninteresting notifications - thank you!

Yeah we do not expect DV to be the Santa but i've noticed some people already received their orders and seems a bit strange. I didn't make the last post just to ask about the orders. It was an additional q.

Smokey McVape

@Hogni Are you a moderator? If not don't tell me what to talk about on this thread - thank you.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
In response to an earlier mention of shipping notice:

Where's mine? :ugh:

How come you got your notice, and mine hasn't shipped? :cry:

Sorry.... just wanted to be first! :lol: This level of patience is nothing in the world of vapes. Am guessing mine will be here plenty soon, with that shiny green envelope close behind.

So....... this is kind of why I posted this here instead of in shipping thread. I'm sure it will be moved again, hopefully with several of the posts above. Maybe someone will see the benefit of leaving it here.

For those of you with unrealistic expectations about shipping, looking for a place to vent or share unrealistic expectations - please post there in the first place.

No, I'm not a mod, either! But, this is where you want to go:
Dynavap VapCap Shipping Discussion

ALSO Please note: If you order a very popular vape, during a very big sale, for a sizable discount, you should expect a few extra days for your shipping. It's only a matter of being realistic with expectations and exercising common sense!

If you wanted your DV products with their usual lightening fast shipping turn around, you should have ordered pre-sale. OR, maybe you think your order is more important than the other however many they received? Not more important than mine, I hope!

Entitlement expectations! :doh: Add some votes for Trump, and it's no wonder our world is slipping so fast! :rant:

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member

Any proof? ;) Isn't Santa gay??

Pot...meet kettle.
2 back 2 back uninteresting posts. :p
People get excited, want to blurt out they got the notice. No need to get salty.
I didn't even know there was a dedicated shipping thread. That must be riveting.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Pot...meet kettle.
2 back 2 back uninteresting posts. :p
People get excited, want to blurt out they got the notice. No need to get salty.
I didn't even know there was a dedicated shipping thread. That must be riveting.

Actually think at least 5 now with yours and my two added. No worries, they'll all probably be moved to shipping thread with today's sweep (if not a few a day at this rate).

Shipping thread can be fun, too! And, that's why it's there of course. For shipping discussion so people don't go back and forth about hundreds of orders and who got notices, and who received orders, why hasn't mine shipped? etc, etc. - here in main thread.

It also inevitably leads to even more pointless posts as people get a bit snippy. Like this one ^. Thanks for the perfect example @Smokey McVape - right on time!

Hogni

I'm no moderator just a user who's reading - and have so for not missing interesting ones - all posts and so it was just a plea for stopping the flood of tracking notifications.
And I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for a lot of other users.

@flotntoke was so nice to show you the right thread for this. That thread was created alone cause of similar posting experiences in the past.
If you don't want to respect this wish go on. Period.

@Smokey McVape, nothing is wrong with that. Did I say so? Just kidding regarding goblins and elves.

Smokey McVape

In response to an earlier mention of shipping notice:

So....... this is kind of why I posted this here instead of in shipping thread. I'm sure it will be moved again, hopefully with several of the posts above. Maybe someone will see the benefit of leaving it here.

For those of you with unrealistic expectations about shipping, looking for a place to vent or share unrealistic expectations - please post there in the first place.

No, I'm not a mod, either! But, this is where you want to go:
Dynavap VapCap Shipping Discussion

ALSO Please note: If you order a very popular vape, during a very big sale, for a sizable discount, you should expect a few extra days for your shipping. It's only a matter of being realistic with expectations and exercising common sense!

If you wanted your DV products with their usual lightening fast shipping turn around, you should have ordered pre-sale. OR, maybe you think your order is more important than the other however many they received? Not more important than mine, I hope!

Entitlement expectations! :doh: Add some votes for Trump, and it's no wonder our world is slipping so fast! :rant:
@flotntoke I wasn't venting at all if you read my post correctly you and everyone else jumping on the bandwagon with you will see that I said it was a GOOD thing that I was having to wait. I am not stupid and I realised when I ordered that I would have to wait and was just having a bit of friendly banter. I said nothing about my order being more important than anybody elses either and was going to leave it at that - unfortunately certain members decided to make a mountain out of a mole hill. :bang:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@flotntoke I wasn't venting at all if you read my post correctly you and everyone else jumping on the bandwagon with you will see that I said it was a GOOD thing that I was having to wait. I am not stupid and I realised when I ordered that I would have to wait and was just having a bit of friendly banter. I said nothing about my order being more important than anybody elses either and was going to leave it at that - unfortunately certain members decided to make a mountain out of a mole hill. :bang:

Oh.... it's no molehill. Trust me. Think there were at least a page of posts moved over there just from half of yesterday. It will add up to a mountain and a half over next week if past is any indication.

And, wasn't responding to you in particular. That's why I didn't quote your post or list your name in first post. Second where I did was a bit different, right?

And, here we go with the other part I said was inevitable. Not even about shipping - but about posts related to shipping - and many of these replies not even related to shipping, but posts that spun off from there.

See how fast it adds up? 8 posts into a page (and a few on previous one), and not a shred of VC discussion in any. Yeah... I'm very guilty here, too. Wouldn't even hint that I'm not. But, that's why the shipping discussion is where all of it should be (and probably will land soon).

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
What is that thing, is it one of those old vinyl records? ;)
it's what they used to call an 8-track.
12111254_f520.jpg

lol...

hey guys, just wondering if anyone as tried one of these to heat up the cap?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lighter-Ch...id=1499395806&sr=8-28&keywords=butane+lighter

If I'm around a City (UK) I feel proper dodgy heating up my omni + I'm not having any luck with butane lights, they keep crapping out on me.

I need to find a solution as the M/Omni have become my daily drivers, haven't touched my crafty + others since I got this thing, apart from my Puffco+ love that pen for oils.

Do you recon this will be fine to make a body out of?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017XD8L2K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3VRLMO28D76A1&psc=1

Also I'd like to say how good DV's customer service is, I've read about it on this forum but got to witness it first hand, I ordered a Blackwood Vong and when it arrived it had an inch hairline crack down the body, contacted DV and within a few short hours they had another on its way to me, I received my first reply form them within 15 mins of me sending my first email.

Cheers
Craig.
I don't THINK those types of lighter will work...seen them, but haven't tried them

my Blackwood Nona body also has what looks like a crack going down the length of it...after closer inspection, I realized it didn't go all the way through and said fuck it.

those carbon fiber tubes look to like they SHOULD work, assuming you have the ability to cut it the perfect length and they aren't super flexible.

I'm wondering what the differences are between the seven fin To tip and the new five fin tip, aside from the obvious difference in amount of cooling find. Also, I thought that more cooling find was a good thing when I switched to the seven fin from my SS tip. Just looking for anybody's two cents on this new To tip.

And please pardon me if this has already been answered
I think it's only astetical. they say the five finned tip is supposed to distribute heat more evenly causing the fins to become cooler faster.

I'll post more differences (if I notice them) when I get mine.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
it's what they used to call an 8-track.
12111254_f520.jpg

lol....
Just like a four-track - only STEREO!!!!

Here's a bit of trivia: the title of MOST DEFECTIVE EIGHT-TRACK RELEASE is a tie between Ted Nugget's 'Weekend Warriors' and Golden Earring's 'Moontan'... defective rates on each title neared 100%

==

Actually talked myself into going back & adding an OmniXL condenser & changing the new Omni body for the new XL stem...but the sale's off now, innit? Much as I love these things, I don't want to hit $750 in less than 6 months...I need to buy new teeth and glasses, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom