Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Summer, sorry for any confusion. That was my response to this question:
Will all models stand upright on the DStash magnet (TI and Stainless M and Woodies ) to fill chamber?

I think you know the answer already, any model VapCap will stick to the Dynastash magnet with the cap on the chamber side. However, you cannot make the Omni's mouthpiece stick to the magnet end.

I had mentioned the M might work in this manner but I don't have one to test with, I know, shame on me. :wave:

This would be convenient to fill your cap, having the VapCap sit upright hands-free while you load material. I just use the stash like a classic dugout to load my material and it works great. A lot of people don't want to put cannabis in the storage section for various reasons.

I also have to speak up in your defense. For one, your initial question came as a result of reading a post that is almost three months old. It is clear that you have been reading through this thread a lot. I mean, you don't even have a vaporizer of any veriety yet and you are answering other people's questions in here. I think you will be a well-known and respected member here before long. :tup:

I agree that seeing the same questions over and over is annoying sometimes. My personal pet peeve is what I call "Jeopardy" posts. These are simple one line questions that have the answer clearly stated a few posts above, to where if the poster only read a portion of the most recent page before posting they would have an answer. That's why I call them that, because you get the answer first and then the question like on the game show.

Honestly even in this thread Jeopardy questions are pretty rare. Most of the recurring questions are from people that have done some research but became confused somewhere along the line. But you get these "obvious" questions in pretty much every thread on FC, and all over the internet.

The VapCap thread is unique because the system itself is actually rather complex. Yes, it seems simple, heat cap, hear click, inhale. But then you have the modular design, with different parts of different sizes, that aren't necessarily compatible with other parts, as well as a large variety of accessories. Don't get me wrong, I love this lego playground but it can be intimidating and confusing. So as a result there are going to be more questions, that's just how it is. :worms:

This is probably the fastest growing thread here, not in number of posts but number of new customers. There's a constant influx of people that you don't see anywhere else at all. This also causes more questions to be asked.

Some people prefer to ask than research, some have extremely busy lives with work and family, some have medical issues that limit their reading ability, and some are just lazy.

For low hanging fruit like "does the XLS fit into a regular Dynastash" then the FAQ or best of thread may be helpful. The best of threads in general are not nearly active enough, I love the idea but I wish there were more posts. I'm guilty as well for not nominating more posts myself.

Searches can be tricky. I really dislike how you can't search for any words under four characters on FC. So for instance VapCap XLS brings up all posts with just the word VapCap, there is no way to find only posts that mention XLS.

Another problem with searching is that sometimes the wrong answer is given. Any mistakes are usually corrected, but it may be a couple of pages later and you probably wouldn't see that simply by searching.

Yes it would be great to read the whole thread but I'm sorry, I do way more research on my purchases than anyone I know and I'm not reading a 600 page book every time I buy a new product.

The VapCap was so confusing to me at first, and it seemed the more research I did the more confused I got until I had one in my hands. Even now I still sometimes mix up the terms bodies and stems, or make similar mistakes.

What's the point of having this wonderful helpful community if we can't ask them questions?

FC in general is very noob-friendly, and you rarely see outright negativity towards newcomers. But there's always room for improvement. What I do is ignore the Jeopardy posts, and try and be helpful to everyone else. There's nothing wrong with pointing them towards resources like the official FAQ and best of thread, but let's do it in a friendly manner without chastising anyone or calling them out.

rutibegga

Ok, I'm in. I hemmed and hawed, but finally ordered an M and some accessories. I found my torch lighter (single) from the VG days d ordered a triple as well. When that thing gets here, it's ON! I've watched about a million videos and feel like I'll be hitting the thing within minutes of its arrival.

Now the waiting begins. Good thing I have my DBV to keep me company.

Happy 4th and happy vaping!

sirwalter

Ive been considering a titanium omnivap for a while and I see they have a new design now that has a more angled look, with a titanium condenser.

Does it perform any differently than the previous omnivap with the stainless steel condenser? How does the condenser material affect things? Cooler temps?

Dynavap's site says the XL version does not have cooler temps. Would most here agree? I would have thought longer=cooler. Cooler vapor is a big plus for me.

I kind of prefer the look of the older smooth omnivap, but I will go with the new angled one if it has better performance.

Any thoughts? Sorry if this has all been covered, this thread is so long its hard to keep up.

Thanks!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Go with 14 mm so vapcap and your log go on without adaptors. If later you need an 18mm, if you get an Evo perhaps, you can get an adapter then.
Actually I think I would go the other way with this. It may very well depend on how you are going to use your glass, but the 18mm joint gives you more options. If you go with the 14mm joint that limits the final bandwidth to 14mm. Adding a 14 to 18 converter won't increase that flow rate as it will still be limited by the smaller joint size. However, you can REDUCE the greater flow rate and/or add the smaller female joint for fit with an adapter on an 18mm joint.

Just a thought...

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Ive been considering a titanium omnivap for a while and I see they have a new design now that has a more angled look, with a titanium condenser.

Does it perform any differently than the previous omnivap with the stainless steel condenser? How does the condenser material affect things? Cooler temps?

Dynavap's site says the XL version does not have cooler temps. Would most here agree? I would have thought longer=cooler. Cooler vapor is a big plus for me.

I kind of prefer the look of the older smooth omnivap, but I will go with the new angled one if it has better performance.

Any thoughts? Sorry if this has all been covered, this thread is so long its hard to keep up.

Thanks!
As far as I know there is only one new Omni body in the wild, I'm not sure if it has an updated condenser too. So nobody really knows the performance difference.

The one thing we do know is that the condenser doesn't affect the vapor quality much. I suppose the XL might have a very small difference in vapor temp from the extra length, but it would be nearly imperceptible. Also, the titanium condenser might have different thermal properties than the stainless but I would think any performance difference would be imperceptible.

I'm not sure if the old body is available any more, you would have to email DynaVap or PM @VapCap to find out. I say go with the new one, it will probably grow on you. Otherwise I think the carbon fiber body is very sleek and it's actually the one I use with my Omni most. I think a double crown blackwood body would look really nice with the Omni, I've almost bought one a few times.

Don't worry too much about body style as you can simply change it out later. Any body will fit the standard (small) Omni, you can't use a stem. The XL Omni is the opposite, it will accept stems but not bodies.

BaroneBarra

Actually I think I would go the other way with this. It may very well depend on how you are going to use your glass, but the 18mm joint gives you more options. If you go with the 14mm joint that limits the final bandwidth to 14mm. Adding a 14 to 18 converter won't increase that flow rate as it will still be limited by the smaller joint size. However, you can REDUCE the greater flow rate and/or add the smaller female joint for fit with an adapter on an 18mm joint.

Just a thought...

I'm with you. What's the Prob using an 18->14 inline adapter for the 18mm? Same height nearly not visible but the 18 is much more versatile.

FYI in a new bubbler look in the cheap, high-quality bubbler thread

Question from a noob: is the advantage of having a 18.8mm strictly the fact that you can use it with more vapes (like the EVO), or there are others?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Question from a noob: is the advantage of having a 18.8mm strictly the fact that you can use it with more vapes (like the EVO), or there are others?

The main advantage is the 18mm tubing has a larger diameter so offers greater airflow and less restriction. As @cybrguy and @Hogni were alluding to, it's also neater to reduce an 18mm to a 14mm than to adapt a 14mm to an 18mm. This is because a reducer can sit within the joint.

18 female -> 14 female reducer example:
18-14_reducer_glass_on_glass_made_in_oregon_13_62cdfd71.jpg

Notice how the majority of this adapter would sit neatly inside the 18mm female socket. Only the rim on the right hand side of the pic would be noticeable.

14 female -> 18 female adapter example:
glass_ash_catcher_adapter_18mm_to_14mm_18_14_made_in_oregon_5299c223_339412.jpg

Notice how much larger this adapter is, the majority of it will protrude someway up and out of a 14mm socket.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I just use the stash like a classic dugout to load my material and it works great. A lot of people don't want to put cannabis in the storage section for various reasons.

this is exactly how i planned on using my new VapCap and DynaStash when they get here. i am old stoner and loved my dugout back in the day. i carried that everywhere. so i am still catching up as well.... does anyone care to quickly elaborate why i shouldn't do it this way?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
this is exactly how i planned on using my new VapCap and DynaStash when they get here. i am old stoner and loved my dugout back in the day. i carried that everywhere. so i am still catching up as well.... does anyone care to quickly elaborate why i shouldn't do it this way?
Some people are worried about smell. My Dynastash doesn't seem to leak odor at all, and I have a very sensitive nose and my cannabis tends to be extremely stinky or "loud" as the kids these days say.

Other members have noted that their stash leaks odor. I will say that when I got my Dynastash the lid was a little loose for my liking. I'm sure it was probably the intended fit, it was nice and smooth feeling. I prefer a tighter fit so I used an Allen wrench to adjust it a little. That may be why mine doesn't leak odor, or perhaps others just have more sensitive noses than mine. The lid will loosen a little bit over time as well from use, so I occasionally re-tighten the lid of my stash.

Some people don't keep cannabis in the storage area because it is made of wood and can't be thoroughly cleaned with stuff like isopropyl alcohol. I see the appeal of a glass-lined storage compartment, but the wood works fine for me. I've never felt a need to clean it even after storing very sticky cannabis in it. It hasn't seemed to retain any smell for very long once it's empty.

I will also note I'm a government-sanctioned medical patient so I'm not worried about the odor except for politeness' sake, and I don't have to be worried about getting busted for an empty Dynastash with a small amount of residue in it. My thoughts on using the stash compartment would probably be a lot different if I lived in a less friendly region. A lot of times our preferences are not a choice but rather a result of outside circumstances beyond our control.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:spliff: Anybody here lost their pants, as well as their wallets, in the current 4th Sale yet? LOL

--Lock, stock, kit and kaboodle, anything for a (few) shiny new VapCap....

Would be capital (and hugely desired) if DV offers rainbow anodized Omnis, preferably in the Green
end of the spectrum:buzz:

11Y9nxy.jpg

George, et al @ DV, TQ!

A VapCapital 4th, Everyone! :bigleaf:

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

:spliff: Anybody here lost their pants, as well as their wallets, in the current 4th Sale yet? LOL

--Lock, stock, kit and kaboodle, anything for a (few) shiny new VapCap....

Would be capital (and hugely desired) if DV offers rainbow anodized Omnis, preferably in the Green
end of the spectrum:buzz:

George, et al @ DV, TQ!

A VapCapital 4th, Everyone! :bigleaf:

I keep going to the site and picking out an Omni. I have NOT pulled the trigger. I just cannot afford it right now but the sale keeps bringing me over there.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@WakeAndVape I meant to say when you posted a picture of your Omni, sorry got waylaid, the threaded piece with the single O ring should not come off the condenser.
I have some which I use for the telescopic stems and it's an interference fit.
Let George know I think yours is a first.
I wonder if my omni is underperforming? Even though the flow seems completely adjustable as I THINK it should.

I'll let them know, though I'm not sure I want it repaired, unless it's affecting functionality in an unknown way.

The only inconvenience is making sure the tube is at the current positioning when placing it in the Omni so it's flush with the MP.

I keep going to the site and picking out an Omni. I have NOT pulled the trigger. I just cannot afford it right now but the sale keeps bringing me over there.
Same thing here...but I think the voice of the bargan won, I'll be picking up a third DV because of this sale.

I've been on that site an embarrassing number of times since sale started.

UnshavenFish

This would be convenient to fill your cap, having the VapCap sit upright hands-free while you load material.

Easy...just put the cap on the other end :tup:

I had mentioned the M might work in this manner but I don't have one to test with

The cap fits on the mouthpiece of the m and omni, woodys on loan so can't check that and it won't work with the og.

vapismos

Drooling over Dynavap's website.
Hi there. Brand new member here, long time lurker. I have been adding and removing items (that i shouldn't buy) to my cart since Friday. Just took a deep breath and clicked the button and .... Transaction error, response empty!

I cannot believe this! Anyone else has this issue?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Hi there. Brand new member here, long time lurker. I have been adding and removing items (that i shouldn't buy) to my cart since Friday. Just took a deep breath and clicked the button and .... Transaction error, response empty!

I cannot believe this! Anyone else has this issue?

Nope.

Click refresh on the browser window 100 times..... No wait!... The other thing, don't click refresh 100 times.... call them up, their number is on the site and they are really friendly and helpful. They are in the middle of a massive sale so they may be taking a few calls right now but they will be able to tell you if the transaction went through and if not they should be able to guide you through it on the phone to avoid any further repeats of the error.

Top Bottom