pootsforjesus

@GreenHopper funny you mention that as this one was sent out for trial and today I got some feedback.
'Holy Shit. It's like a dab.'
That was several hours ago and I've heard nothing since.
u0gQGpG.jpg

http://imgur.com/k9QN5Fj
k9QN5Fj.gifv
That. Is. Awesome.

That said, I can't help but think a set up like that would lead to combustion pretty easily. I hope I'm wrong though!

pootsforjesus,

Dynalowrider

Want to increase the pull of your magnet? Your VapCap won't stand up?
Stick it on a larger mass of metal. Put your little neo magnet on a steel truck bumper and see how strong it is. Don't forget your magnet, after you play with your VC on it.
Now put the magnet on a tin box, (Altoids, Sucrets, candy tin,). I like Altoids Smalls tin. It amplifies the cool-clicks, (I have tinnitus, ringing from to many concerts).
The lid to my Pipes "Jarhead" is steel, and the VCmagnet is really strong on it. It also works fantastic as a heat sink to pull the heat out of the cap.
You will notice the cap has a stronger pull on the closed end because of the bi-metal disks inside.
Neo magnet is heat sensitive, so if you remove the heat by sinking it away it will be stronger faster.
Think about it the mag mounted on wood, the metal mass is about the mass of a dime. Put it on a larger mass of steel, heat sink and magnet thinks it's bigger, more lines of flux, stronger magnetic pull.
I always want to know when the cap cool-clicks. When I sink the heat away from the cap the disks reset. The ti bowls still warm. I heat again, the bowl goes to vaping temp. Respect the click. Draw. Reset the disks. Reheat. It never goes over the vaporizing temp if you "Respect the click".
The fun of this system is getting to know it. What could beat getting high to get to know your vape. I'll experiment with it all day long. I even go back and do it again to make sure I was right the first time. Doc

jaidyn

I could not resist with the excuse that today is my birthday and the offer of 20% I have fallen into the temptation to buy a dynastash bocote and some spare parts! :evil:

And today should arrive nonavong..... :drool:
.... i wait have lucky !!

Awesome! It's actually my birthday as well (almost over now) and it gave me the perfect excuse to buy another VC. I went for a Ti Carbon S. Something about it really appeals to me. :-)
Next month I will go for the Omni.

I am definitely hooked.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@flotntoke I feel it necessary to respond to your post. Let me say upfront that there is no hostility whatsoever on my side; I am neither on the offensive or defensive, nor am I thin-skinned. I just would like you to realize that there are others perceptions when it comes to looking at things.

Yes, please ease up there @Summer ! Reading over past 4 days is definitely a good thing. Would hope you learned enough to know VC basics and see the caps on Ti tips in picture.

You started off in the your 2nd sentence offering an olive branch, then immediately became condescending again: "Would hope you learned enough to know VC basics and see the caps..." I've never seen a VC in person so I never noticed the caps in any of the dynastash pics because when I was looking at them, I only saw the DS, not the VC. And, truthfully, most pics don't show the VCs with the caps on. Whether or not the VC stood upright, or not, was completely irrelevant to me when preparing my order. Even visually looking for the caps in @turk 's pic, I couldn't see them. No biggie, I didn't commit a crime. I intended to get a DS for storage regardless of whether or not the Omni stood up or not.

Have you had a chance to check out the Best of thread, yet? You may also enjoy the FAQ section on DV website, and definitely check out all of George's videos. Some are on DV site, but I'd suggest the DynaVap youtube channel for many more!

I perused the "Best Of" & found it irrelevant for my purchasing needs. Out of almost 17,000 thread posts there are only 12 BO posts. I've read so many marvelous posts on this thread & none are contained within BO. Looks like the thread members don't bother to refer any great posts over to BO. In the future, as I scroll through the entire thread, I will certainly flag the posts I think worthy of BO.

The FAQ on DV also had no relevance on my purchasing decisions, however, I did watch George's vids relevant to my purchase.

Doesn't matter if loaded or empty, caps will stick to a magnet. Be forewarned, they get a little less magnetic when heated. Plenty of magnet discussion through thread, too. A search on "magnet" here should yield MANY results.

Trust me, I do have an understanding of how magnets work as I've interacted with them most of my life. But, in the coming weeks, I assure I you that I will peruse the magnet posts.

Check the vid on youtube channel "The DynaStash A Closer Look" for a good explanation and visual about how the magnets work with caps, and "The Cap" would probably be a good one, too. "Introduction to DynaStasher" in the video section of DV website has a bit about cap/magnet interaction, too. All should make it much clearer. Am sure there are a few others out there that give more info on this, also.

Once again, thank you, will do.

My 1st priority upon receipt of the VCs is researching the things I need to know to make the device function optimally for me. And that is to learn the architecture of the device, how to load (grind, pack & to single or double screen) & to heat it, inhaling style & maintenance. This is when I will read through all the members posts to see which methodology works for me, along with reading the Best Of & watching all of DV's videos. Not in any hurry to rush through it.

I totally get the excitement. FC is a wonderful place and VCs are truly awesome. But trust me. 4 WHOLE days (96 hours) probably isn't going to catch you up on everything, especially if just wading through this huge, fast moving thread, that has the simplest of questions asked repeatedly. You may find it more worthwhile to check out the premium info (Best of, DV site, DV youtube channel) listed above first, then wade through the rest as you can.

I don't think the thread is fast moving; only 675 pages in 2 years; not even a page a day.

FC has nothing to do with excitement at this point in time for me, & probably most newbies. It was solely about making the right purchase decisions. If anything, it is extremely stressful for a newbie trying to make a decision immediately before a highly desirable sale: trying to gather sufficient info. to make an expensive, educated decision in relatively few hours. I understand that newbies can be pains-in-the ass to many long-time members, but I also understand where they are coming from. They been on the sidelines & then they hit this thread & there's a HUGE sale coming & they have to make a decision whether or not to pull the plug, and, if so, they want to make a good purchase decision; on Thurs. I was one of those newbies. And, unlike many members who have many vapes, I am one of those who has to make a good financial decision from the gitgo as my pockets don't run deep. This purchase cost me approx. $350 with an impending $200+ to be fully outfitted; a huge financial investment for me so I have to do my best to get it as right as I can from the start. The impending sale did not allow newbies the luxury of time to comfortably peruse through 650+ pages of posts on VCs & accessories, along with some of the other threads, youtube & resources you mentioned. All we want to do is be sure we are making a sound investment financially & pleasure-wise so we fervently ask experienced members for their input.

I've now posted 27 times in 4 days. I think I asked thoughtful, fairly intelligent questions, &, in my last several posts, I have tried to be helpful to other newbies.

Part of the problem I have found with many posts on this thread is that in response to a question, the answer makes sense up until the last line which totally contradicts what came before OR answers are not thorough OR post don't make sense simply because of a lack of proof-reading OR they have acronyms, verbiage or lingo in them not understood by newbies. Case-in-point, @turk 's reply where he said his ti tip attached to the magnet, failing to mention he had the ss cap on. All you experienced users understand what is meant in these wanting posts, but we newbies don't. That's not being inclusive & educating, &, thus, does not minimize further unnecessary questions. Such as my post to @turk, which resulted in your post me & here we are again with my post back at you. What an unnecessary waste of time.

For me personally, I had been toying with the idea of buying a vape for the past 2 mos. after a friend got one. Previously, had done only superficial researching. Thurs. was the day I found FC through a google search & came across the impending DV sale, & being that the VC was one of the vapes in consideration on my list, I put the the petal to the medal & did a crash course. Judging from the fervor in other newbie posts, I'm sure they, too, fell into the sale & felt under the gun. So having a very short time to make an educated, possibly expensive purchase decision, is the flood of simplistic, redundant, posted questions being asked of experienced members not understandable & forgivable? No man's an island. I was lucky I could stay up for almost the whole 24 hours before the sale to research, but other's didn't have that luxury of time and/or had to work their purchase into a budget.

Sorry if you found the above, or this condescending. Maybe you'll have a better understanding of my perspective after more than a few days on FC and keeping up with this bear of a messy thread.

I can't tell you how many posts I've read & how many pages I've scrolled through in the past 4 days &, no, I don't find this "a bear of a messy thread." I just skip over what's not relevant to me at this point in time & what's redundant.

And right back at you, I say, "'Maybe you'll have a better understanding of my perspective'" from a newbie point of view.

In conclusion, I say to those irritated by newbie posts to lighten-up, light-up & let those posts roll off your back; you don't have to read them or answer them, just move on.

I've said my peace & you are more than welcome to have the last word.

Happy 4th ...to all.

Last edited:

MrMonss

Wait, time out.
Is that an Omnivap XL with a woody XL body swapped in? Or is it a Ti Woody XL Uni with a metal version of the spinning Uni mouthpiece?

This is a TiWoodyXLS (cocobolo stem) on which I put an omni condencer with mouthpiece BUT i replaced the omni condencer (in fact just the tube, who's not long enough) by the one of the TiWoodyXLS.
So it's an OmniVap with a Cocobolo stem.

:peace:

ander

I got my magnets, and they work wonderfully. They are diametrical. 12x6mm

Now I have to find a nice piece of wood :-)

16qtegnhl7a.jpg
2mijqsn9vx5.jpg
Thanks @Kermitt, I was looking for something like this to spread VapCapStands all over the house... my wife doesn't appreciates but...
I've noticed that the EU website you are linking requests a minimum order... and that was a little unconfortable for me. After a quite long search, here's an alternative that seems quite fair. They have a diametrical 10x5mm, not a 12x6mm but I guess it will work nice anyway.

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
That looks like LAVA! I like it, makes the M look tough, volcano tough.

Are these going to be up for grabs or are you prototyping?

@GreenHopper Thank you. the surface is like cold lava stone and all the sides are like fire! Red narra is a wonderful wood. Amboyna burl comes from this species.
Yes, it's for grab. There will some other Natural VC stands, but each one will be unique. :)

Happy July 4th !

The_Algebraist

So when my M and Omni arrived I thought that this was probably the best vape(s) I have ever owned. Last night, I remembered that it came with the fat mouthpiece and decided to break out the bong. It wasn't a perfect fit and I ended up having to jam the vap/fat mouthpiece about halfway into the downstem to make a good seal, but holllly shit. I forgot that vape bong hits are..uh, awesome.

Anyways, could someone point me in the right direction in terms of procuring a new glass water pipe that will fit perfectly with the vap?

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
So when my M and Omni arrived I thought that this was probably the best vape(s) I have ever owned. Last night, I remembered that it came with the fat mouthpiece and decided to break out the bong. It wasn't a perfect fit and I ended up having to jam the vap/fat mouthpiece about halfway into the downstem to make a good seal, but holllly shit. I forgot that vape bong hits are..uh, awesome.

Anyways, could someone point me in the right direction in terms of procuring a new glass water pipe that will fit perfectly with the vap?
Vapcaps and bongs are great together.
Most bubblers have a 14 or 18 mm end , the 14 mm fits the fat mouthpiece from DV, and also their Naonvong body which tapers perfectly to 14 mm.
DHgate is popular for cheap glass. Took a couple weeks to get, but this thing kicks huge ass.

[link to labeled counterfeit glass removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
This is a TiWoodyXLS (cocobolo stem) on which I put an omni condencer with mouthpiece BUT i replaced the omni condencer (in fact just the tube, who's not long enough) by the one of the TiWoodyXLS.
So it's an OmniVap with a Cocobolo stem.

So the XL (tube only) fits into the Omni assembly correctly?

I tried to do it with my M stem, but it was too loose.

I was trying to inquire from DV but haven't gotten a reply due to the time.

You sir, have made my day!

MrMonss

So the XL (tube only) fits into the Omni assembly correctly?

I tried to do it with my M stem, but it was too loose.

I was trying to inquire from DV but haven't gotten a reply due to the time.

You sir, have made my day!

Yep, that's it !! It is a very little loose, but my original Omni tube was that loose too,
because of several tests in bodies too tight, removing the condencer the piece with the screw remained systematically inside, alone.
It works, i can modify the air inlet, just follow the correct orientation of the tube. Happy to help, love your vidz !!

almost there

Most bubblers have a 14 or 18 mm end , the 14 mm fits the fat mouthpiece from DV, and also their Naonvong body which tapers perfectly to 14 mm.
DHgate is popular for cheap glass. Took a couple weeks to get, but this thing kicks huge ass.

[link removed]
Nice job, it's the same one I was going to suggest

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Yep, that's it !! It is a very little loose, but my original Omni tube was that loose too,
because of several tests in bodies too tight, removing the condencer the piece with the screw remained systematically inside, alone.
It works, i can modify the air inlet, just follow the correct orientation of the tube. Happy to help, love your vidz !!

Good idea with that.
Perhaps an o-ring around the condenser tube where it enters the mouth piece threaded area will cure the wobbles.

Nice job, it's the same one I was going to suggest
Love this thing. :love:

BaroneBarra

[link removed]

Slightly OT, sorry.

I bought a small 14mm bong to use with my M with fat mouthpiece: amazing experience, but now ofc I want something bigger - and I was looking exactly at the sidecar you linked, debating if I should buy that or this other one.

Since I have a log on the way (Sir @RastaVapa ftw): which one would you recommend? 14 or 18.8?

BaroneBarra,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
debating if I should buy that or this other one.

Since I have a log on the way (Sir @RastaVapa ftw): which one would you recommend? 14 or 18.8?
They are pretty much the same, I just wanted the smaller one.
I have an E-nano and it kicks ass on this bubbler.
Go with 14 mm so vapcap and your log go on without adaptors. If later you need an 18mm, if you get an Evo perhaps, you can get an adapter then.

Edit to add pic of bubbler, and I did this stem by @mestizo a disservice posting a pic before I put wood conditioner on it. Holy heck that set it off. :love:

BthcNSn.jpg

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

:cheers: thanks!

I think my Omni assembly parted in the first day of having it...i didn't even realize it wasn't supposed to come out!

When the M condenser tube is inside of it, it won't turn...but I do remember them saying the M tube had a slightly different diameter (?)

That does help alot, what I was going to do was purchase a spinning mouthpiece and XL condenser and a Ti stem to construct an S that would not be complete, but give me some modularity, that would have cost about $60 with the sale.

Now I'm leaning towards a Ti woody XLS for 85...figure the Ti tip AND the cap would be worth the extra 25. And now I can make it an omni and make my regular length body an S at my whim, the best part...they'll both be complete

I'm going to have to stop myself soon...but I'm afraid that DV are masters at marketing and innovation...bastards! :spliff: (they know what I want) lol.

Dynalowrider

I think it was Winegums, who explained to me that when wood is sanded the wood-grain sands unevenly. So the wongs, (wood on glass) are slightly out of round. They leak in a ground-glass joint. Just the nature of the beast. Want to seal up that leak?
Hookahs have been around for hundreds of years. They use hoses, (that leak at the joints too).
If you stop by your local hookah shop, and pick-up what is called a "Hose Grommet". The style to get is "Mya". It's a little silicone cone. I turn one inside out, and place it in the glass joint. Now you have a gasket to seal around the fat mp or any other piece you want to use in your glassware.
Now you want pictures? Look it up in your "Funk and Wagnall", (Google for you youngsters). There's pretty pictures on there.
Just trying to impart some knowledge and love to the troops. Doc

Top Bottom