virtualpurple

Wow! OMNIVAP XL!

I just have one question before ordering this thing. I already have an Arizer Air which I use on a daily basis and I love it!... the thing is that despite using a custom micro bong glass thing, I find the air is just too hot for my mouth (I use it on red because I want to extract as much juice as I can from my herbs, I know I could vape on lower temps but I'm just not satisfied with the high it -currently super skunk and cheese- gives me, most likely due to tolerance) and I thought the new glass would help. It does, but after one, two or three sessions in a day I find myself not really wanting to vape more because the dry hot sensation in my mouth is just not pleasing at all! so lately I'm just sticking to vaping once or maybe two times a day... which is frustrating because... you know, some days I'm free enough to indulge myself all day long, but I just can't due to this hot hot air feeling.

Well, I just want to know, from your experience guys, if the Omnivap XL feels hot in the mouth or not. I'm not asking if the mouth piece gets warm but if the air itself feels like really hot and/or dry in the mouth after a couple of sessions. I know it's a totally subjective question but I'm just curious about your experiences using the omni. Also, does the extended length of the XL make any difference at all regarding this matter?

I know I can use bubblers and whatnot to cool the vapor but I want to use the Omni walking on the streets as I currently do with the Arizer Air, but I'm afraid the straight vapor path from the oven to the mouth wouldn't help at all to cool the vapor, just as the straight stock glass of the Air doesn't (as opposed to the custom micro bong glasses available for the Air).

I cannot yet comment on the XL, but like @Squiby and others I have found that I can dictate my ride. Using mouth pulls I can cool the vapor quite well, or if I'm itching to bust lungs I can take it all in inhaling deeply.

I do have an XL ordered so I'll be able to comment on that before too long but I have no issues with my Omni or OG glassy.

Squiby

Great promo since the main 1 was out of stock.
Gonna buy if discounted as said. 10 minutes and OOS? #sad

Everything site wide is discounted 20%. For vaporizers that require a choice like the Ti Woody for example do not show the discount at the front page. You need to click on the item to see the choice selection and the discount.

What did you see that was out of stock?

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yesterday I finally got two new gadgets for my VCs:

The "Skeletor" induction heater from @Pipes and the VapCap Vapor Cooler V3 mod from @DDave.

What shall I say, both are REALLY awesome devices. A must have for every VC user IMO!

Using the Induction heater is like a jump from stone age to today. Lying in the bed, reaching the VC to the bed table where the Skleletor is standing, plug in the VC with light pressure, waiting 5 sec for the click - ready to go. It's so relaxed, you need just one hand and your VC will have the right operating temperature in shortest time - VERY good job, @Pipes!!

I have a lot of gadgets for the VC but this one has my absolute recommondation.

Same as the Vapor Cooler by @DDave. You can use it with water but Dave recommends to use it dry for saving flavour. So I did. Have tried my VCs in different combinations with glass, stems, water pieces. There are a lot of nice, useful and tasty ways but I've never got such smooth and TASTY hits by any other device with the VC. It's so lovely - another level of enjoying my VCs!
(BTW it delivers the same performance when using it with the GH. Especially the PFE is fitting perfectely and your GH vape will be so cool and tasty, you can't imagine....yummy!!)

It's only a little investment. For around $80 together you'll have a much nicer handling and a very much better taste. Try it and you won't regret.

No, I'm not affiliated with one of these guys, Im just really excited by their products!

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I've always thought that a vapcap with a nice jhook would be a good combo, although I've never used a jhook really.

Jhooks are are a useful combo with the VC if you have sensitive lungs, and are indoors; adds a bit of length, and raises the curiosity factor, in public.

Certainly wouldn't want to be packing one in your pants as you tear down the long, bumpy, hill on your 29er.........

Damn. I missed the $20 M! :bang::haw:

A happy 4th of July (SALE), Y'ALL!

ArBOwOl.jpgIMG]

Last edited:

Le-Berry

I cannot yet comment on the XL, but like @Squiby and others I have found that I can dictate my ride. Using mouth pulls I can cool the vapor quite well, or if I'm itching to bust lungs I can take it all in inhaling deeply.
I do have an XL ordered so I'll be able to comment on that before too long but I have no issues with my Omni or OG glassy.

XL not gonna produce significantly cooler vapor George said this somewhere it's more esthetics and to keep the vas alive.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Nicely done!! That's hits 1>4 on same load, right? GENIUS! :tup:

EDIT: I really love this! Only 11 seconds and shows things so well. I can't stop playing it, and I'm stone cold sober except a cup of coffee. Think when I'm feeling a little "better" later I'm going to cast it to the big screen and just loop it for a while. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

Ok, the sale will end soon, and for you "Newbies", your VCs are on the way. A suggestion while waiting.
READ THE THREAD. You will be prepared for the arrival of your vapes. You won't have to get on here and ask the "SAME" questions that are asked after each sale. Sometimes I think there is an "echo" in here. I read someones question, and five posts later it is asked again.
I'm seventy-three years old and even I know how to use the search feature on here.
Don't give me that you are so busy, so important, that you can't spend the time to look it up.
A lot of people are retired on here, but you are taking away our vape quality time. I could ignore your ignorance, but being stoned I'm such a nice mellow guy I must set you straight.
It's the nature of the beast. High=nice guy.
I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but you have this time, USE IT WISELY. Doc

Le-Berry

Ok, the sale will end soon, and for you "Newbies", your VCs are on the way. A suggestion while waiting.
READ THE THREAD. You will be prepared for the arrival of your vapes. You won't have to get on here and ask the "SAME" questions that are asked after each sale. Sometimes I think there is an "echo" in here. I read someones question, and five posts later it is asked again.
I'm seventy-three years old and even I know how to use the search feature on here.
Don't give me that you are so busy, so important, that you can't spend the time to look it up.
A lot of people are retired on here, but you are taking away our vape quality time. I could ignore your ignorance, but being stoned I'm such a nice mellow guy I must set you straight.
Some times people want fresh reply to feel alive maybe. Everyone can search and sure many do but people want to feel this interaction being real. I think

rutibegga

Hey all, I'm newly-returned to this forum after a long break (did my research, acquired a few vapes, got out before I could spend too much money, ha!) and I'm looking into getting a dynavap. The cocobolo Omni and TI models are really calling to me.

I have to save some money and not be impulsive (I really wish I could take advantage of the sale, but I just can't swing it) so I figured I'd take the time to ask how different they are in actual use and experience and if the Omni is worth the extra money. And, for that matter, what about the M? Is the user experience similar? If I can get over the aesthetics not being as pleasing, is the M as nice to use?

Just curious and trying to research and be a reasonable human being. Which I'm mostly not ;)

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
They should read the WHOLE thread? Ok, enough bridgetime for longtime delivery, I guess ;)

But generally I'm with you. Would recommend to read DV site (dynabuilder and FAQ), watching all their vids on youtube and read Squiby's links in her Sig.
Guess nearly 90% of all questions here would be not needed.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I have to agree, the thread has gotten to the point where it's the same questions being asked by new users. While I love that Dynavap is growing this issue of repeat questions is only going to get worse.

Most of their questions can be answered by:
A) reading the last 50 pages of the thread
B) looking at the dynavap FAQ https://www.dynavap.com/faq
C) looking in the Dynavap Best of Thread http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/

EDIT: Is there some way we could have a notification or banner at the top of the thread when people first enter with the two links I posted?

Last edited:

steviekool

So I have been debating for the last 24 hours to jump in on the 20 % puffitup sale.

I have an M, that's the only Dynavap I have. I am up in the air between a cocobolo TI woody S or the black wood TI woody s exotic. I guess they are the same just different wood. Do you think there is a different taste between the 2 woods?

The Omni, although now could be gotten for 140 is a long shot, as it seems really cool with the adjustable airflow, but I love wood vapes, "just got s sticky jr and love it".

Decisions, decisions...

Squiby

how different they are in actual use and experience and if the Omni is worth the extra money. And, for that matter, what about the M? Is the user experience similar? If I can get over the aesthetics not being as pleasing, is the M as nice to use?

Yes, the Omni is worth the extra money if you are willing to pay it.

All Vapcaps perform. Choose the one that appeals to you and fits within your budget. The nicest one to use is the one you love.

Here's a post from a few pages back that may answer your question.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-667#post-1136846

rutibegga

So I have been debating for the last 24 hours to jump in on the 20 % puffitup sale.

I have an M, that's the only Dynavap I have. I am up in the air between a cocobolo TI woody S or the black wood TI woody s exotic. I guess they are the same just different wood. Do you think there is a different taste between the 2 woods?

The Omni, although now could be gotten for 140 is a long shot, as it seems really cool with the adjustable airflow, but I love wood vapes, "just got s sticky jr and love it".

Decisions, decisions...

I think just seeing this post is leaning me away from the M. Even if the ride is as nice, I know I'm going to want the pretty wood one eventually. Functionality isn't everything.

rutibegga

Dynalowrider

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN THE TASTE BETWEEN the wooden stems and bodies, or glass or titanium, or stainless steel, or any other material of stems and bodies.
The vapor only touches the tip, the condenser, your mouth or water-tool, and just slightly the cap.
Unless you didn't brush your teeth or your herb tastes like shit, you will not acquire an off taste from this vape.
You don't have to read the whole thread, just till you have the "Ahh-Ha" moment. You will know it when you reach it. All things about the VapCap will be revealed then. Doc

I'm gonna vape now. If I hurt your feelings, sorry bout that. I'm gonna medicate now.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Some times people want fresh reply to feel alive maybe. Everyone can search and sure many do but people want to feel this interaction being real. I think

Interaction is still real whether someone retypes the exact same fucking question, or reads the last 20 times it was asked, no? If typing the questions helps, why not do that somewhere else (like a word.doc or email draft)? Spend a year (or even a few weeks) keeping up with this fast moving thread and seeing same things asked regularly - sometimes on same damned page! - for a little more perspective here.

Hey all, I'm newly-returned to this forum after a long break (did my research, acquired a few vapes, got out before I could spend too much money, ha!) and I'm looking into getting a dynavap. The cocobolo Omni and TI models are really calling to me.

I have to save some money and not be impulsive (I really wish I could take advantage of the sale, but I just can't swing it) so I figured I'd take the time to ask how different they are in actual use and experience and if the Omni is worth the extra money. And, for that matter, what about the M? Is the user experience similar? If I can get over the aesthetics not being as pleasing, is the M as nice to use?

Just curious and trying to research and be a reasonable human being. Which I'm mostly not ;)

Please read post just two above yours. This would be one of those questions asked probably twice a week on average. You could almost randomly grab any page from the last year and find your answer. Or, search, check "Best of" thread, or start reading @Squiby 's posts that are easy to find using search function.

They should read the WHOLE thread? Ok, enough bridgetime for longtime delivery, I guess ;)

But generally I'm with you. Would recommend to read DV site (dynabuilder and FAQ), watching all their vids on youtube and read Squiby's links in her Sig.
Guess nearly 90% of all questions here would be not needed.

I'd say more like 97% - 99% of questions wouldn't be needed. Most of these questions don't require reading whole thread. Anyone could pick 5 or so pages in succession from any of the last 200 or so and find answers to most of these questions because they are asked so often!

Decisions, decisions...

This one not as common (though has been asked often), so I'll throw you a bone. IME, woods don't impart any taste - nor should they unless there is sawdust left from production. I've never had this happen or read about it here, though. Cool air goes in through carb and after heated and picking up vapor goes through a SS or ti tube to get to mouthpiece. So, only difference with different woods is look and feel - same for carbon fiber or Ti stems/bodies also. Check diagram in this post a couple pages ago to see airflow.

WORST PART ABOUT THIS POST and others referring people to look things up instead of asking same questions every page or two? They won't see any of these posts, either!!!! :doh:

Maybe we should all just use one canned statement to reply to them, instead of repeatedly answering? Something like, "Read the last 10 pages, check Best of thread, Squiby's posts and DV FAQ & Vids."

YES, I'm grumpy today. No time to vape yet, and still chores on the list. But, really would be nice if this issue could be remedied just a little bit! If for no other reason than to prevent @Squiby 's fingers from falling off at her keyboard! :)

Top Bottom