cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My Nonavong is way too big for my early DynaStash so I am trying to decide if I can live with a plastic tube for it or if it MUST have its own stash. That seems kinda rude for such a pretty piece, but buying outfits for my vapes seems a little excessive... :cool:

I mean, it already stole a cap from the OG I don't use much.

vaporist4LIFE

Ro22Spb.jpg

A little desk doodle omni session this morning.
I feel good.

@Alan Partridge, welcome to the club dude.

The omni was a great choice.
The great thing about it, is that the airflow is adjustable. my guess is you'll have to adjust it to free flowing to get the drag you want.

personally I like mine open to what I feel like is 35-40%...giving drag more power than draw.

because I like effortless big draws.

taste is great imo. it does have a fuller profile than some, but i desire the type of hits you get from it.

what type of torch are you using?
Freaking sweet mouthpiece !!! Must be nice to watch the vapor build up .

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
...but buying outfits for my vapes seems a little excessive... :cool:
I've bought several "outfits" (bodies and stems) for my 'caps, but I've been considered excessive, or obsessive, about many things. Then the additional bodies and stems end up needing their own tips, caps and condensers so I don't have to change them out. Excessive, I think so, but it's so much fun!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Freaking sweet mouthpiece !!! Must be nice to watch the vapor build up .
yea it's dope, the good thing with the omni vong is it will fit any 14mm waterpiece. the HB is cool, but it's nice to see it milk a bigger piece like a D020.

Wow, that looks like a nice setup. I really want to try that honeybird with my Omni.
eBay has some for about 30 bucks. luckily davinci was sold out...
I would have paid double...it does pair nicely with other devices too.

6db4nzm.jpg

cheap homemade stash...i am getting a dyna stash asap...but this was just a couple dollars to make and the magnet keeps the cap centered, it's just the same diameter of the cap...so there's not alot of extra room...cant wait to get different flavors to fill the various compartments.

jds

eBay has some for about 30 bucks. luckily davinci was sold out...
I would have paid double...it does pair nicely with other devices too.

Why are they so cheap on ebay compared to elsewhere? Are they the same ones as on the official site and random vape sites?

Edit: found it even cheaper, straight from the source in China https://m.dhgate.com/product/honeyb...-package/397387672.html#s1-4-1;srp|3978476883

I'll probably order that one since it's ridiculously cheap.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
.but this was just a couple dollars to make and the magnet keeps the cap centered, it's just the same diameter of the cap...so there's not alot of extra room
This is a good point and likely the best way to do it. I bought the bigger magnet to make it pull the cap off easier, especially when hot, but I should have gotten something the same general width but thicker. That may be the solution.
I would love to know if anyone who bought magnets no wider than the cap are having the edgy (punny) behavior.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Why are they so cheap on ebay compared to elsewhere? Are they the same ones as on the official site and random vape sites?

Edit: found it even cheaper, straight from the source in China https://m.dhgate.com/product/honeyb...-package/397387672.html#s1-4-1;srp|3978476883

I'll probably order that one since it's ridiculously cheap.
speculation: Maybe it's cloned. it didn't come with a fancy box or none of that...not that it matters. it came with an air tight case, a Ti nail and a quarts nail. and seems to work without defect...so I'm happy.

This is a good point and likely the best way to do it. I bought the bigger magnet to make it pull the cap off easier, especially when hot, but I should have gotten something the same general width but thicker. That may be the solution.
I would love to know if anyone who bought magnets no wider than the cap are having the edgy (punny) behavior.
the advantage in my case as well was i brought them from a brick and mortar store that sells bizarre shit for the dirt. I went through a ton of magnets before I found those. most weren't strong enough to pull off the cap and those that were... most of them wanted to gravitate the cap towards the edge as folks here have mentioned. but I got a pack of four for $8

vapormens

The M's I ordered from the release sale vs the M's I received from the 4/20 sale are slightly different besides what has already been posted about the tips. Unfortunately I gave both of the earlier M's away so I can't be absolutely certain. I feel almost sure the newer M's are slightly skinnier and the caps are looser too. Can anyone confirm this please, noting important but just curious if I'm right.

Hello.
I ordered one "M" at the release sale, and today I received two "M" that I got at the 4/20 sale.
These 4/20 ones have loose caps, right now I have one "M" that is completely useless and the other one that has loose cap but can be still used.
The "M" that I got at the release sale did not have problems with the cap, but to me it felt that the condenser is a little bit loose, at least when compared to these 4/20 "M"s.

Do not know what happened to cause such a thing, and I am now waiting for Arielle to reply, since I have one cap that is making so loose fit no matter which body I put it on that it is not suited for use.

Sorry if this message is confusing,
tldr: received 2 "M" today from 4/20 sale, compared to "M" from release sale the new ones have loose caps.

snackmaster

Hello.
I ordered one "M" at the release sale, and today I received two "M" that I got at the 4/20 sale.
These 4/20 ones have loose caps, right now I have one "M" that is completely useless and the other one that has loose cap but can be still used.
The "M" that I got at the release sale did not have problems with the cap, but to me it felt that the condenser is a little bit loose, at least when compared to these 4/20 "M"s.

Do not know what happened to cause such a thing, and I am now waiting for Arielle to reply, since I have one cap that is making so loose fit no matter which body I put it on that it is not suited for use.

tldr: received 2 "M" today from 4/20 sale, compared to "M" from release sale the new ones have loose caps.

Did you try squeezing the loose caps a bit so they fit tighter? That's been the recommended fix for that.

MinnBobber

Did you try squeezing the loose caps a bit so they fit tighter? That's been the recommended fix for that.
..........................................................................................
@vapormens , to clarify further:
Squeeze the cap down SLIGHTLY, where the spade/digger/clip meets the main cap body. This will enable it to grip the tip.

almost there

Hello.

hey @vapormens
why is one of your M's not usable? Is that the earlier one or one from the 4/20 sale?

almost there,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
most of them wanted to gravitate the cap towards the edge as folks here have mentioned. but I got a pack of four for $8
So, wait, even some of the ones not much wider than the cap still had the edge effect? Well, then size is NOT the primary determinant. It MUST be the fields so the magnet type... Having trouble with a consistent theory... :shrug: I would just buy one from George and call it a day, but I want a more powerful one.

Katamari

So i purchased the ti woody, i got it today by mail. I wanted to immediately try it out so I used a regular lighter and got no vapor. I figured it was too weak so I held it past the click and got some decent results however i think the herb might have combusted a little since it turned black, but it wasn't ash just black pieces. Now, how many hits can i take from one bowl? Did I hurt the cap somehow by using the regular lighter a little longer? it still clicks and everything its just the tip turned dark from the heat. Can someone help me get the technique down?

ps. I did rotate the device while applying heat

Katamari,
Reactions: Derrrpp

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
So i purchased the ti woody, i got it today by mail. I wanted to immediately try it out so I used a regular lighter and got no vapor. I figured it was too weak so I held it past the click and got some decent results however i think the herb might have combusted a little since it turned black, but it wasn't ash just black pieces. Now, how many hits can i take from one bowl? Did I hurt the cap somehow by using the regular lighter a little longer? it still clicks and everything its just the tip turned dark from the heat. Can someone help me get the technique down?

First, get on that lighter situation. You can heat with anything (even a magnifying glass with sunlight, I'm told), but you'll do best with a multi jet torch lighter. I'd advise 3 or 4 jet if you're starting out. Cheap online, and usually can find cheap-ish models at any cigar (or often even cigarette) shops you might have locally. Use "better" quality butane for best results. Stay away from Ronson regular & Zippo.

Second, get reading! Everything you need to know is in this thread somewhere. Yes, it's huge and there is plenty you don't need to be concerned with, but nobody (certainly not me!) is going to sit here and type what you need to know when most of it is repeated 10 or more times throughout the thread. Start with the Best Of" thread. Most of the basics can be found there. Learn how to use the FC search function at the top of this and every other page to key on what you're looking for in this huge fast moving thread. And, check out George's YouTube vids (most on DV site, all I know of are on his YT page). There's lots of promo and new product info in some, but he gives great tips on how to VC most effectively. Kind of makes sense, huh? ;)

EDIT: Also, check out the FAQ on DV site and give a good look at the directions that came with it. Can't believe I forgot this one! Even though most of the info on the FAQ is about different models and whatnot, it's MUCH more info than we used to have and can be helpful in many ways.

Are you new to vaporizing, or just new to the VC? Couple things to keep in mind if you're just starting to vape. One of the plus sides to vaping is that you're only taking the lower temp extracted compounds of your material (the best IMO). But, one of the downsides to vaping is that you're only taking the lower temp extracted compounds. :) It is different than smoking, so produces a different buzz. Usually it's a much "cleaner" & less dopey feeling. But, if you're used to the stoniness of poisoning yourself a bit & cutting off oxygen to your brain in each session while smoking, it may take some personal adjustment to vaping. Once you start getting consistent vapor from your VC, I'd suggest laying off the smoking for at least a few months. Makes the transition easier for most. I've gone a whole couple years with no smoke and only vapor, but still toke up the dirty smoke from time to time when the mood strikes me or I'm hanging with smokers. Shhh! Don't tell anybody! That shit is sacrilegious to many around here. :lol: But, most agree it makes it easier to make the transition by going exclusively with vapor.

Along the same lines, the quality of your material gets more critical with vaping. If you're only taking off the "top part" of the material for that awesome vaping buzz, you need to have a good bit of "top part" there. I know of more than a few who can't get into vaping because the shit they are smoking is schwag. Vaping just isn't as forgiving with that crap.

Back to your specific questions... If you see black, you've combusted - at least a little bit. It won't turn to anything like ash unless you go WAAAAYYYYY far past where you want to be. You're not going to hurt your cap by using a regular bic except for getting it all black and sooty, as long as you don't take heat up too much. Severe or repeated overheating isn't good for the cap and could F it up. With a little work it can be cleaned up pretty nicely, and shouldn't be too hard to get the black soot off either. How many hits from one bowl? Varies WIDELY depending on many factors (you'll see most while reading). Typically you should get a tasty but wispy hit on first heat, a really nice one on second, pretty good on third, forth may be there or not, after that it takes some good stuff and good technique to get much worthwhile out of it.

It ain't hard to vape with a VC, but you have to have some idea of what you're doing, and practice & experience will probably make you better at it in time - pretty much the same as everything else in life.

Can I "Like" this 10 FUCKING TIMES??????

Last edited:

exime

It depends on the type of material and pack. I've had 3 hits and I've had what felt like 20 hits.

As for damage? It could, but people go a lot longer than 1 second past the click and are okay. What happens is you thought you heard the cool-down click (but you didn't). So you start re-heating an already clicked vapcap. Seconds pass and you start becoming suspicious. As your cap starts turning red, the moment of realization ensues and your heart sinks. Ash. Sadness. Despair.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Fuckin' wood,then !
:rofl:
Oh,so many options and alternatives !
And it's just only one of many possible materials .
Wood .

http://www.bellforestproducts.com/exotic-wood/

( my own personal choices that I would love to have as Nonavong stems :

Brown Mallee Burl
: Elegant ,lightweight and strong like steel !
Camatillo : Pure red awesomeness and super hard !
Grey box burl : Amazing grain patterns !
Kingwood : All time classic !
Red coolibah burl : Trully an extraordinary burl !
Snakewood : Most sexy wood ever !

Note: All the wood species that have specific gravity > 1 ,
are quite heavy.They tend to sink when thrown to water .

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It depends on the type of material and pack. I've had 3 hits and I've had what felt like 20 hits.

As for damage? It could, but people go a lot longer than 1 second past the click and are okay. What happens is you thought you heard the cool-down click (but you didn't). So you start re-heating an already clicked vapcap. Seconds pass and you start becoming suspicious. As your cap starts turning red, the moment of realization ensues and your heart sinks. Ash. Sadness. Despair.
If this happens and you pull off your cap fast enough you may avoid combusting your load. Just don't draw through it. Problem comes when that cap is THAT hot its ability to be pulled off with the magnet may be significantly reduced and then you are just screwed.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Fuckin' woods,then !
Oh,so many options and alternatives !
And it's just only one of many possible materials .
Wood .

http://www.bellforestproducts.com/exotic-wood/

( my own personal choices that I would love to have as Nonavong stems :

Brown Mallee Burl
: Elegant ,lightweight and strong like steel !
Camatillo : Pure red awesomeness and super hard !
Grey box burl : Amazing grain patterns !
Kingwood : All time classic !
Red coolibah burl : Trully an extraordinary burl !
Snakewood : Most sexy wood ever !

Google "wood pen blanks" when you get a chance. Seems to be quite a thing amongst wood hobbyists to make pens, or maybe something that all do when starting out. Anyway, think most of these would be plenty big enough for even 18mm VonGs (pretty much pre-cut for them or smaller). Now we just have to find someone to turn them en-masse! ;)

If this happens and you pull off your cap fast enough you may avoid combusting your load. Just don't draw through it. Problem comes when that cap is THAT hot its ability to be pulled off with the magnet may be significantly reduced and then you are just screwed.

Or, you could use damned near anything (towel, wad of napkins, piece of cardboard) as a "pot-holder" (punny?) to quickly grab the cap off there. Even a small pair of pliers if you have them handy at your vape station as many of us probably do.

Fuckin magnets........ :rolleyes:

Last edited:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Google "wood pen blanks" when you get a chance. Seems to be quite a thing amongst wood hobbyists to make pens, or maybe something that all do when starting out. Anyway, think most of these would be plenty big enough for even 18mm VonGs (pretty much pre-cut for them or smaller). Now we just have to find someone to turn them en-masse! ;)
Can't be that difficult to turn some wood .
I'm planning on trying myself.
A ( hobbyist grade ) wood lathe is not that expensive.
Cheaper than an OMNI ,actually.
Worth a shot .

https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90598224/einhell-tc-ww-1000.asp

Top Bottom