Alexis

Good day all! I would be inteested to hear- what butane are any fellow UKers using for ypur torch lighters?

I am going to order some more "newport premium filtered" for my friends' new M's. But you can get this "Bull" brand in poundland. It says it has low imurities, like 50 ppm or something on the can.

Has anybody been using this cheap Bull brand? Or Newport? Newport seems like the cheapest for real pure stuff, in the UK anyway.

Big thunbs up for anybodies input.:tup:

exime

The "M" I ordered during 4/20sales is arrived, nice little vape!

I tested the original VapCap from the first batch before and the "M" is very similar in term of performances (clouds&taste). I'm on the list for a induction heater from @Pipes but I'm actually not very impressed about taste&clouds, in another hand it is efficient and medicate me well.

Although there is maybe a part of user mistakes.... do you pack it very tight as a conduction vape? My abv is not fully spent after 3 hits but doesn't produce a lot of more visible vapor... can i heat slightly more after the clic?

The difference I notice between the original and the "M" is the difference in abv color/extraction level, Original gave me dark abv (near blackened) and "M" give me lighter in color abv.

More to come...

My packs are always full and moderate because I use the method of pushing and twisting my tip into the material. I stop when the top gets spongy firm.

I usually go past the click by a second or so at the end of the session to coax out goodies and sometimes I get one last big cloud.

lookhigh

FC member
Good day all! I would be inteested to hear- what butane are any fellow UKers using for ypur torch lighters?

I am going to order some more "newport premium filtered" for my friends' new M's. But you can get this "Bull" brand in poundland. It says it has low imurities, like 50 ppm or something on the can.

Has anybody been using this cheap Bull brand? Or Newport? Newport seems like the cheapest for real pure stuff, in the UK anyway.

I bought some cheap gas in the hardware store and later on i saw the newport stuff somewhere else. Im still using the cheap on in the same lighter without any problems. Newport seems to be common in Ireland and UK.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

I've not tried Bull but 50ppm sounds significantly better than Ronson's 224ppm.

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Got my Omnivap TI yesterday! Got stung by customs- almost £20. £8 of that is Royal Mail's international handling charge.... basically charging me for being charged. You fucking bastards.

Works very well as a quite discreet, on the go vape. Smaller than I thought it would be. Figured it out quite easily, I can get decent clouds and haven't combusted. Taste not the greatest but ok. First vape I've been able to use mouth to lung! I don't see much need for the silicone mouthpiece- it never gets too hot.

Only two gripes- draw resistance is high. Did feel like sucking ice cream through a straw sometimes. And secondly the bowl is tiny. I have to reload two or three times to feel satisfied, and it's a bit fiddly to load.

Other than that could be a good on the go vape for me. It's not going to usurp my Mighty, but there will be some situations when this will be better suited.

I've ordered one of these lighters, on the slow boat from China... looks like it will compliment it quite well aesthetically?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301838630694

Got my Omnivap TI yesterday! Got stung by customs- almost £20. £8 of that is Royal Mail's international handling charge.... basically charging me for being charged. You fucking bastards.

Works very well as a quite discreet, on the go vape. Smaller than I thought it would be. Figured it out quite easily, I can get decent clouds and haven't combusted. Taste not the greatest but ok. First vape I've been able to use mouth to lung! I don't see much need for the silicone mouthpiece- it never gets too hot.

Only two gripes- draw resistance is high. Did feel like sucking ice cream through a straw sometimes. And secondly the bowl is tiny. I have to reload two or three times to feel satisfied, and it's a bit fiddly to load.

Other than that could be a good on the go vape for me. It's not going to usurp my Mighty, but there will be some situations when this will be better suited.

I've ordered one of these lighters, on the slow boat from China... looks like it will compliment it quite well aesthetically?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301838630694

How did the final price compare to using a UK supplier if you don't mind me asking? A UK retailer has the Omni at £139.

I'm considering making a direct order with Dynavap for at least 2 Ms and several spares but I'm worried that the import charges plus royal mails cut will make it significantly more then me just waiting for it to be in stock in the UK.

Looks like a nice lighter, I got a couple of single flame pound jobs and they work for a couple of cycles then they struggle to light until they've cooled a bit.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Pictures look great @GreenHopper, pairs well with the Orbiter. Sat laughing at the 'hour and a half' situation.

Almost there @almost there

@mrb I do make sleeves which accept the DV condensers and X ring set up, otherwise all the stems have their own ones fitted.

@grokit some pictures for yourself and mrb which help explain the segmented stems and Plongs, plastic on glass.

They start life like this, in the case of the stem both Blackwood ends are threaded as are the condenser tubes, the Plong is threaded in the wood and acrylic.
qZNvy6Q.jpg

A bit of non toxic water based, PVA type, adhesive is applied to the acrylic wood joint and a smear on the condenser and they get screwed together.
JEMKO0e.jpg

The SS comes right to the ends so no hot vapor contact with glue or acrylic.
30lvN3d.jpg

dZ8WLVM.jpg

@Alexis I'm purposely buying the cheapest of butane to see how my torches cope.
The Hong Jing has a couple of small star fractures in the tank but otherwise it works no matter the purity.
My Aomai has had a bit of open torch surgery as one of the jets became partially blocked but it's back to working fine now. I took it to bits and forced gas back thru the jet and it cleared.
My Clipper brand gas doesn't even have a PPM figure.

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
How did the final price compare to using a UK supplier if you don't mind me asking? A UK retailer has the Omni at £139.

I'm considering making a direct order with Dynavap for at least 2 Ms and several spares but I'm worried that the import charges plus royal mails cut will make it significantly more then me just waiting for it to be in stock in the UK.

Looks like a nice lighter, I got a couple of single flame pound jobs and they work for a couple of cycles then they struggle to light until they've cooled a bit.

Cost me £125 plus the £20 charge, and that was during the 420 sale. That's a good price that retailer has.

Cost me £125 plus the £20 charge, and that was during the 420 sale. That's a good price that retailer has.

Thanks. Was waiting for the M to be in stock and a well known UK supplier has them in stock they're just not showing when filtering by manufacturer Dynavap but if you search for Dynavap they show up. Just placed an order so should hopefully have mine in hand Wednesday!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
wow, the why don't you like vapcap thread was shut down. I don't like donald trump. shut me down.

Yep. Saw that coming fast when that last page started up. Damn shame! But, people will be people I guess.

I've been experimenting with using ungrinded bud in my M today. It seems to work just as well as grinded weed, especially if I pack little buds down in there.

I go back and forth. To get the most out my nugs, I dump and finger grind after 2nd or 3rd heat, then reload it. Find both methods good, but a little different. Think I prefer ground just a little more most of the time.

Been working on some projects. In the QA stage :smug:

The clear
IMG_8952.jpg

Newer take on an older design of mine. This time it's ...
IMG_8955.jpg

... also a gong
IMG_8958.jpg

More from the kiln soon!

MAN!! They are PURDY! :tup: :love:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Ro22Spb.jpg

A little desk doodle omni session this morning.
I feel good.

@Alan Partridge, welcome to the club dude.

The omni was a great choice.
The great thing about it, is that the airflow is adjustable. my guess is you'll have to adjust it to free flowing to get the drag you want.

personally I like mine open to what I feel like is 35-40%...giving drag more power than draw.

because I like effortless big draws.

taste is great imo. it does have a fuller profile than some, but i desire the type of hits you get from it.

what type of torch are you using?

baxter

My packs are always full and moderate because I use the method of pushing and twisting my tip into the material. I stop when the top gets spongy firm.

I usually go past the click by a second or so at the end of the session to coax out goodies and sometimes I get one last big cloud.

I pack them sort of loose to ensure good airflow and on the final click where I am getting little to no visible vapor I wait for the cooldown click and then heat it again, this time going 3 seconds past the hot click and this "kills the bowl" at the end and turns it dark brown ABV and then I dump it in my collection jar. I like to extract all the higher temperature terpenes at the very end on the final hit

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@WakeAndVape took me a while to 'click' it was you on the Tube.
Let's just say for now the Triple has peaked a little interest and hopefully it'll become a thing of beauty and not just three stems joined together to prove a point.

It usually gets refused when I offer it to my buddy, so you know it's good.

Also when I get a chance there will be some more work done on this, I keep threatening to get a piece of glass.
vykJeZX.jpg

@mrb good to see another UK'er and a creative one, hope it's all good round your neck of the woods.

Get stuck in @DirtyD, look forward to seeing what you've got stashed away.

I've had a great time with pressed kief just recently, crumble a few bits in a bowl and it lasts for ages. Monster hits for an age for the single user or pass it around with a torch.
Thanks for showing the 3 headed Ghidra you are working on. After seeing the vid you did with the 3 VCs, it only seem fitting. :brow: Can't wait to see the finished one.

Hey @flotntoke I found a carb cover that might be classy enough for my 'M'.:haw: I went to the local hippie/head shop and found ear clips similar to these but the SS equivalent. And get this, The gap on my ear clip is wide enough for the stub of the cap to slip in between. :tup: Mine cost $3 each. But there are tons of choices of ear clips. Still wish I kept my old pen clips. :doh: Mine are so plain looking that they look like part of the 'M'. Happy hunting.
s-l500.jpg

Another plus to having an 'M'. You can place the cap over the mouthpiece if needed as an option. I did that by accident and then went looking for the cap.:bang:

Last edited:

VanCough

Environmentalist
Hi all,

I've been using my M exclusively to vape my cannabis lately and it's so blatantly obvious how much herb I'm saving. It also gets me nice and medicated off one full bowl .1g for a couple of hours.

The only complaint I have is that the metallic sourness I'd hoped would dissipate has remained and I do worry whether I'm inhaling metallic fumes/particles! Perhaps it's just the way air/vapour tastes when heated inside a confined SS chamber? I don't know...

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Anyone have the vertigo triple torch? Just aome noob questions..

How much can you fill it to? Im filling it with colibri and it seems like half the tank is the maximum that i can go?

Also do i need to bleed the torch each time even though i use the same butane?
Have the Vertigo triple and new to butane torches myself.
You can fill them to max and mine seems to work better at max. Made the mistake of putting cheap butane in mine. I did have to find the spot where it filled and enough gas would escape. I believe you might want some pressure inside the lighter. But IDK. :shrug:

colibri was one of the butanes I was pricing. Any good deals/smart choices on high end butane? I do want a rugged high altitude torch at some point.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Anyone have the vertigo triple torch? Just aome noob questions..

How much can you fill it to? Im filling it with colibri and it seems like half the tank is the maximum that i can go?

Also do i need to bleed the torch each time even though i use the same butane?
flip your lighter upside down, and use something like a paperclip or toothpick to push in the valve you use to fill it...if air comes out, apply pressure until wet gas comes out.

If wet gas comes out instantly...your can of 'tane might be running low.

Do you shake your can of butane before you fill it? if you do that's a no, you don't want to mix propellant and fuel.

make sure you fill your lighter with the can' s nozzle facing down.

brand of butane has nothing to do with purging btw...it has to do with the mixture of butane and propellant present in the tank...to much propellant, not enough gas and the lighter will sputter and misfire...especially on low

wiz4769

Well like most noobs here, I am a old school burner...Felt I wanted to try out the vape scene so I got me an M so Im not out too much if it doesnt work out, yet still getting a good quality vape....I read and read waiting for it to arrive and finally on Friday it was waiting for me when I got home...So I give it a quick iso and qtip touch up to be sure any metal or oil was cleaned away, there was some junk in the condenser, but one pass got it all cleared...so I gave it a quick dry run to get to know the click when heating and I was off to the races...I packed it probably pretty light, didnt want to pack it too full for my trial run...I currently have a single torch and started near the end of the cap and just like everyone on the damn internet says, the first pull was very flavorful yet wispy. Waiting till cool click and went right for it again moving just a hair closer to middle of cap, this hit was huge and I have to say slightly less flavorful, yet still good...waited for cool down and did one more big pull, still a big cloud, but got the very noticable burnt popcorn taste...so I dumped it....I pretty much didnt do crap for about 2 hours, I was lit.

Being old school I tend to strictly take big long pulls, no tiny puffs here. I was happy it seemed I had pretty much a zero learning curve since I did my research before on how to use it and reading what people were doing wrong trying theirs out the first few times. I have used it twice now and the second time was pretty much exactly like the first, its getting me pretty damn stoned and I was sorta worried it wasnt gonna be as good of a high the first couple of times, or ever. IM not worried about that anymore, anyone that says they are not getting high is either doing it wrong or needs new bud...IMO...heh

My question is , and I know this is sometimes different from device to device and person to person...How do you REALLY know when its done?? I hate to think Im wasting any herb and not being used to having a by product after I want to get the full use. So is my current method sound on when it tastes that different/bad from the first couple its finished? Does 3 big hits sound about right? I bet I can fit more in there, I just have not wanted or needed to yet.

By the way, this seems like a pretty good bunch of folks and with the aid of this site I pretty much feel I did about as good as you can trying it out for the first time and not failing at all....

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Well like most noobs here, I am a old school burner...Felt I wanted to try out the vape scene so I got me an M so Im not out too much if it doesnt work out, yet still getting a good quality vape....I read and read waiting for it to arrive and finally on Friday it was waiting for me when I got home...So I give it a quick iso and qtip touch up to be sure any metal or oil was cleaned away, there was some junk in the condenser, but one pass got it all cleared...so I gave it a quick dry run to get to know the click when heating and I was off to the races...I packed it probably pretty light, didnt want to pack it too full for my trial run...I currently have a single torch and started near the end of the cap and just like everyone on the damn internet says, the first pull was very flavorful yet wispy. Waiting till cool click and went right for it again moving just a hair closer to middle of cap, this hit was huge and I have to say slightly less flavorful, yet still good...waited for cool down and did one more big pull, still a big cloud, but got the very noticable burnt popcorn taste...so I dumped it....I pretty much didnt do crap for about 2 hours, I was lit.

Being old school I tend to strictly take big long pulls, no tiny puffs here. I was happy it seemed I had pretty much a zero learning curve since I did my research before on how to use it and reading what people were doing wrong trying theirs out the first few times. I have used it twice now and the second time was pretty much exactly like the first, its getting me pretty damn stoned and I was sorta worried it wasnt gonna be as good of a high the first couple of times, or ever. IM not worried about that anymore, anyone that says they are not getting high is either doing it wrong or needs new bud...IMO...heh

My question is , and I know this is sometimes different from device to device and person to person...How do you REALLY know when its done?? I hate to think Im wasting any herb and not being used to having a by product after I want to get the full use. So is my current method sound on when it tastes that different/bad from the first couple its finished? Does 3 big hits sound about right? I bet I can fit more in there, I just have not wanted or needed to yet.

By the way, this seems like a pretty good bunch of folks and with the aid of this site I pretty much feel I did about as good as you can trying it out for the first time and not failing at all....
your right...it does vary...its done when you think it is.

technically you can vape until it doesn't produce anything

alot of folks save the herb they vape and make butters and oils for edibles and tinctures..your in the right community if you don't want to waste...welcome.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Your story mimics mine exactly. Including having been fortunate enough to find and follow this thread - to enjoying great success out of the gate. This thread repeatedly informed me the way(s) to heat a cap :)

The biggest thing I've been playing with is the carb. In my 5 days of ownership I've gone from closed to open to somewhere in between. . Ultimately I don't want to bother messing with the carb, I just want a simple experience (makes me realise the benefit of the omni). But I'm pretty sure I can work out some kind of elegant clip solution to partially cover the carb as I like. As a few on here have been doing recently.

As to your question. . . I think you just learn through experience with relation to your own technique, lighter & bowl size.
With my current methods, lighter, Tip, Bowls size etc etc . . I know the 4th cycle probably isn't worth it. Doesn't mean I don't still sometimes hit it :)

baxter

For me done is when I see no visible vapor. After that I hit it until 3 seconds past the click and "kill the bowl" stopping just short of combustion and it does have a mildly foul aftertaste. But that is what I need to make sure the ABV is a dark dark brown.

MinnBobber

Today I had the best M hit so far. Big cloud where I was amazed that it really is vapor, not smoke. Really nice. Then I heard the cool down click and torched again but combusted---yuck. My triple torch was running on two flames so torched longer as I expected it would take longer----did not hear or feel a heatup click at all but stopped cuz I thought it should have popped by now.
Previous session was in quiet dim home bathroom to see the flame perfectly and hear/feel click as good as possible but today was standing next to porch door. I don't want to be tied to using in the bathroom so will continue with trial and error, and maybe someday no error :)

P.S. F#ck combustion as worst part is the M reeks after combusting and I had to do a complete cleaning and replace hemp filter.

Top Bottom