Mr. Me2

You're right @emmdeemo , I now heat the cap on the middle-low, when the load is on the top end.
So no 'direct' contact, flame is now never at the same level then load.
Not sure if it is that, or simply the new Ti tip, but sure, there is much more convection and flavors ! :clap::tup:
Thanks for your description. It helps a lot!

So as you progress through the load, you never move the flame towards the top (where the load sits)?

Baron23

m guessing the load isnt being directly heated with the lighter now, or less so, possibly giving more convection flavour, or at least heating the terpenes off slower, maybe?

While IMO there is definitely more free air flow with the new caps, they are thinner and IMO George's statement about the change in thermodynamic properties should be read that the new cap transfers energy (heat) through the metal faster than before, which would support the element of conduction and the VC remaining a hybrid, I believe.

I have always felt that the conduction vs convection debate was a bit over wrought and as long as I'm enjoying the vape signature (and the VC is an extraordinary extractor) then I'm happy.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
While IMO there is definitely more free air flow with the new caps, they are thinner and IMO George's statement about the change in thermodynamic properties should be read that the new cap transfers energy (heat) through the metal faster than before, which would support conduction.

I have always felt that the conduction vs convection debate was a over wrought and as long as I'm enjoying the vape signature (and the VC is an extraordinary extractor) then I'm happy.

Enjoy!

For sure, certainly not hinting at any conv/cond debate, and didnt really wanna use the word tbh, but just as a short hand to get across what I meant about the load not being directly in the path of the flame and potentially making a difference.

I also dont have a comparison from previous caps/tips etc so y'know, grain of salt :)

Squiby

There is a distinct difference in the new tips for sure. I think that the combination of:
- a tip with larger air channels, allowing a greater volume of heated air to flow through the herb.
- a looser cap, that further contributes to the volume of air bring heated as it passes between the cap and the tip channels.
- an elegantly engineered screen, the CCD, allows maximum air flow while holding the herb where it belongs, in the chamber,

All these factors come together to create an improved vaping experience. Better flavour over more hits, denser clouds and a more responsive click.

Perfect.

The question is; how much more perfect can perfect get when a perfect tip gets topped? (By the new wider channel tip design)

I loved the original tip. Loving the new in house tips. Anticipating a deep love of the new wide channel tips.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Anticipating a deep love of the new wide channel tips.

I'm a big fan of the airflow, mo better flow!

The other thing thats great is that unlike expensive vapes and a limited budget, where a tiny upgrade on something you've already purchased that you're gonna have to rebuy to get the benefit of is a complete shit, this is a perfectly affordable upgrade! Vape prices for me have hit an all time, fantastically affordable low cost with zero compromises in quality vapour production.

Fuckin' bliss :)

Squiby

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

Joaon

So as you progress through the load, you never move the flame towards the top (where the load sits)?
Nope, not at this moment; as I'm currently testing the method I described.
I find it balance flavor/vapor and I mostly do 2 heat cycle on each load with this method;
Now First and Second cycles are flavorful AND vaporful ! :D

Definitively planning to get a solar heater too! Thanks @Winegums & @Squiby for the reminder :tup:

Last edited:

Farid

Demming and Shingo would be proud if they saw how Dynavap operates. Some serious Kaizen going on here.

With the exponential rate of improvement, I wonder what else 2017 has in store. I haven't even ordered a omnivap yet because I keep telling myself that if I wait a few months the technology will get even better.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Demming and Shingo would be proud if they saw how Dynavap operates. Some serious Kaizen going on here.

With the exponential rate of improvement, I wonder what else 2017 has in store. I haven't even ordered a omnivap yet because I keep telling myself that if I wait a few months the technology will get even better.

TBH, in my limited experience with vapcaps so far, you wont be disappointed jumping onboard at any point from now. And you'll end up wanted to buy more tips/caps/stems anyway.

Much like Squiby's sentiments, its pretty much just adding more perfect to perfect :)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
The story so far....or part of it anyways.
First try out at 1/3rd bowl size, I thought I would get it in one. How wrong was I.
More time needed on this one.
One third bowl taken thru one heat cycle leaving sand colored remains, went on to get 2 more heat cycles from the same bowl.
cng8hnCm.jpg

Heat cycle number 1.

LowfiChill

I guess you can see it that way.... but the longer you wait... the more you're missing out on what everyone else is enjoying ;)

Tenshuu

How long does it normally take to get a response from Dynavap? I used the "contact me" form on 12/28 and got a notification that the message was received, but never received a response to my actual message.

I tried sending another through the contact form on the Dynavap webpage yesterday but this time it appears to have lost my message and only says he received my contact request containing "message" instead of my actual message....

Anyhow received my vapcap OG on Saturday, and cracked the bowl tube when replacing the disk after cleaning it last night. Got lots of use out of it in the 30ish hours I had it though, big fan.

Now I'm in the market for a wooden body but trying to decide on style. I have an 18mm d20 bubbler I enjoy running my solo through, and the vapcap would run great through it, but I'd like a mouthpiece too for on the go.

Anyone with the vong style feel they are a bit too bulky for pocket use? Or is it still pretty reasonable?

Tenshuu,

Squiby

Now I'm in the market for a wooden body but trying to decide on style. I have an 18mm d20 bubbler

You either need to buy a Ti tipped VonG bodied Vapcap, or if you already have a Ti Tip, wood mouthpiece and regular condenser or Omnivap you can just buy a VonG body.

There are only two Ti Vapcap models that will fit your 18mm bubbler; a Ti VonG S Fat which has an 18mm VonG body and a wood mp. Or a OmniVonG with an 18mm fat body.

The stock body choices are Cocobolo, Blackwood, Burl and Black and Whilte Ebony.

Anyone with the vong style feel they are a bit too bulky for pocket use? Or is it still pretty reasonable?

I have a couple Ti VonG S Skinny Vapcaps with the 14mm VonG body. They are tiny and fit comfortably in a pocket. The 18mm would be slightly more bulky but it would still be a tiny device that would fit easily in a closed fist.

Note that the Dynastash only accommodates a Vapcap with a maximum girth of 14mm. The 18mm VonGs won't fit.

How long does it normally take to get a response from Dynavap? I used the "contact me" form on 12/28 and got a notification that the message was received, but never received a response to my actual message.

They could be catching up from being closed on the stat New Years holidays. George @VapCap also mentioned in a previous post that there have been some challenges with messages getting through their new website contact page. He may see this post with the callout. Don't worry, George Will fix you up properly.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The story so far....or part of it anyways.
First try out at 1/3rd bowl size, I thought I would get it in one. How wrong was I.
More time needed on this one.
One third bowl taken thru one heat cycle leaving sand colored remains, went on to get 2 more heat cycles from the same bowl.
cng8hnCm.jpg

Heat cycle number 1.

Its great, isnt it? Whats your opinion? I'm a heavy user, I love the Eraser's comparatively enormous bowl... But I love the vapcaps tiny bowl setting!

TINY BOWL!

KE8Bi81.jpg

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
man, I'm pretty annoyed VC came out with those titanium non omni mouth pieces after I placed an order, would've changed my whole approach :/

Anyway... in more bad (I guess) news. I got home and my cap wouldn't come off... like it was jammed... so I eventually got it off but a glass shard and a bunch of glasshrapnal shot out. So now my tip lost maybe a mm of depth, but it's all serrated glass, perfect for digging out herb. Nice unintentional mod. I think I'll be looking to replace it sometime though. Prob should have with my last order, but I was like nah when they asked for a detailed invoice on my PayPal request. Oh well, Vong time soon.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I'm working a ten hour shift where I not only take care of kids, I'm training two brand new employees. My vapcap is at the post office, which means it will be in my hands tonight! I've got a little extra incentive to get home tonight. :freak: Have to put my mind elsewhere, I tell ya.
:goat:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
NcBkwQG.jpg

Definitely rough around the edges, but never failing to elevate my spirits.

Included a shot of my Packer cozy as a shot out to those at the epicenter of the Dynavap fam... hope you guys are fans.

Got a PM from George saying he'd comp a glass body w/ my next order... if that doesn't activate the heating *click* of you heart, nothing will :p

Happy Gregorian New Years guys!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@narrowsparrow if there is no click whatsoever then contact George as this is not normal, try heating an empty bowl or 2 and see if you can hear it, the first one may be very faint and not enough heat will not set the second one off.

@Tenshuu the @VapCap team should be back to work proper today, 3rd. They will read your post and get back to you.

I'm waiting for George to switch his works fone on so he can see a foto of the full convection concept I hinted at a while back.

@beiberhole69 It's probably not to late to contact the team and ask to change your order for a Ti MP.

@emmdeemo I need to run a few more bowls to be able to give a proper opinion but so far so good.
Better flavor and the short video shows vapor production is fine and dandy even with a ridiculous 0.02g load.

Top Bottom